✧ 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 �...

By floraljeansandyou

Summary Tags: KiriBakuDeku, Acting/YouTube/Judo career AU, discussions of abuse and past physical and sexual... More

Character Overtures
Chapter One: The Small Fry Bodyguard
Chapter Two: The Live Stream
Chapter Four: The False Maid
Chapter Five: The Clothing Selection
Chapter Six: The Feeling of Touch
Chapter Seven: The Sunlight That Hit Just Right
Chapter Eight: The Reevaluation
Chapter Nine: I Can't Do It
Chapter Ten: What Are You Doing Here?
Chapter Eleven: The Story That Never Happened
Chapter Twelve: The Things We Ignore
Chapter Thirteen: Anxiety
Chapter Fourteen: Changes
Chapter Fifteen: Tunnels and Photos
Chapter Sixteen: Basorexia
Epilogue

Chapter Three: The Effect of Spectacles

9.2K 423 185
By floraljeansandyou

Third Omniscient

"C'mon, just admit it, I totally kicked your ass at Mario Cart!" Kirishima, who was currently resting his head on Bakugou's lap and glancing up at the blonde.

Katsuki tightens his fist on his console and glares down at his boyfriend. "Then, we'll just have to play again, won't we?"

Eijiro groans, Bakugou had made him play so many rounds that his head was beginning to whirl. "How about I order us pizza instead?"

Katsuki bites his lip, considering this, and amending that pizza was superior to winning. "Fine, asshole."

Eijiro let out a breath, clearly relieved, and sat up, grabbing his laptop resting on the coffee table. "So... how do you like Midoriya so far?"

Katsuki rolls his eyes, while he did admit that the younger male had surprised him multiple times while being here, he was much indifferent to Midoriya. Katsuki shrugs. "He's fine. Still getting rid of him after a week, though."

Eijiro clicks his tongue in disapproval. "I do remember you promising me to give him a chance before even weighing the prospect of firing him."

Eijiro fights the urge to laugh when he sees the frustrated look on Bakugou's face that always befell when the male was openly called out.

"Tch. Whatever." Bakugou grumbles, pulling out his phone as Ejiro finishes ordering their pies.

"Just fess up. You're at least slightly intrigued by him, are you not?"

Katsuki doesn't respond and pretends to be enveloped by his phone, which was petty as shit, but he didn't heed.

Eijiro lets out a breathy laugh. "Well, I am. He's a badass, I mean he took you out in a few seconds. I wonder how Monoma would do against him."

At the mention of Katsuki's coworker, the blonde's mouth immediately contorts into a grimace. "Don't even say that asshole's name."

Eijiro sighs. "So, I can't talk about Kaminari, Sero, Iida, or Monoma," he shakes his head. "I swear, is there a single actor you don't hate?"

"The dead ones."

Kirishima gasps dramatically. "How rude!"

Bakugou just flips him off with his free hand, not even looking up from his phone.

Eijiro grins and kisses Katsuki on the cheek. "Love ya, babe."

Katsuki feels his face warm-up, he didn't like he'd ever get used to the phrase, and was slightly grateful the redhead never required him to say it back every time.

"Tch, whatever."

The Following Day, At Midoriya and Uraraka's Apartment_____

"Uraraka! I'm heading out!" Izuku calls, bending down to grab his yellow bag.

Uraraka peers at the bathroom, shutting off her hairdryer and setting it down before coming out and shaking her head in disapproval. "You're going to leave with your hair looking like you just rolled out of bed?"

"I did just roll out of bed!" Izuku exclaims. Note to Izuku's Future Self: If you slam your alarm clock to the ground and break it, it will probably not be going off the next morning.

Uraraka stomps over to him and grabs Izuku's ear, drawing him to the bathroom.

"Ow! Ochaco, what the hell!?"

Uraraka ignores Izuku's pleas to let go of him, knowing that it was her responsibility as the only friend of Midoriya's that had any sense whatsoever, to guide him when it came to fashion. Besides, the greenette had helped her understand and come to terms with her sexuality; it was only fair that Ochaco helped him as much as she was able.

"Stand there and sit tight." The brunette commands, pointing at the bathroom tiling as if Midoriya was a dog.

Izuku frowns at his friend. "Uraraka, I have to get going! I'm already running behind!"

"Then, it won't hurt to be a little later, would it?"

Midoriya crosses his arms. "That logic sucks."

Ochaco just disregards him and turns on the sink, dipping her hairbrush in the flow of water and proceeding to wet the male's unruly curls.

As water streamed down Izuku's face, the greenette gave the female what could only be described as a look of dissatisfaction.

Uraraka simply smiles at him. "So... How are you liking working for Bakugou?"

Izuku looks down, and immediately the air changes to one of pure frustration. "He's loud, rude, and frankly intolerable. It's like he knows that he's drop-dead gorgeous and thinks he can simply do whatever the frick he wants! This is why I hate rich people, I mean nothing against Todoroki, but you've heard the things that come out of his mouth, right? I mean seriously! You don't just inquire about whether or not someone's father was the secret love child of a famous judoka in front of the press!" Izuku continues rambling on about both of the two disgustingly rich males, knowing full well that Uraraka was using his outburst to finish up his hair.

When the male was finally done ranting, Uraraka smirked. "See? Wasn't it nice to get that off your chest?"

Midoriya glowers at her. "No, not at all, because it reminded me that the only thing that doesn't make me want to rip out my hair is Kirishima, and that's just because he's really nice."

Uraraka stops applying hair gel to Izuku's hair. "Oh my fucking god. I completely forgot that Kiri was living with Bakugou!" She sighs, shaking her head. "My fangirl senses must've completely abandoned me in the past few days."

I roll my eyes. "Whatever. I did a live stream with him and Bakugou yesterday."

Ochaco stares at me, eyes wide, suddenly looking afraid. "His fans didn't attack you too hard, did they? Are you alright?"

I turn my head, confused. "What do you mean?"

"People love Bakugou and Kirishima's relationship, like full-on obsession level. Are you telling me they didn't denounce you?!"

"No, it was just the opposite. All of them were convinced that the three of us were dating. I mean, there were a few hateful comments, but nothing out of the ordinary."

Uraraka continues gaping at Midoriya with disbelief. The only way Kirishima Eijiro's would have ever accepted the chance of a third partner is if the three had looked perfect together. Ochaco had thought that giving Midoriya this job would help him get past what happened last year, and the painfulness of leaving Judo, but she'd be lying if she said she had considered the possibility of Izuku finding not just one lover, but two.

"Um, Ochaco? Are you done with my hair yet? I really do have to go." Midoriya gnaws on his inner-cheek, he should have been at Bakugou's house six minutes ago.

Ochaco nods. "Yup! Do you like it?" Midoriya looks in the mirror, his once frizzy hair was tamed down to natural, handsome waves, but Izuku still didn't understand why doing his hair was a necessary addition to his morning routine.

"I guess so; it does look better." The male looks away from the mirror and picks his bag up once again. "I'm going to get going now."

"Wait!" Midoriya turns his head to see Uraraka holding his tortoiseshell spectacles.

"Ura, I don't need them, I'm wearing my contacts right now."

She shakes her head, eagerly. "Just trust me, it'll look adorable!"

"I don't have time. I have to go-"

"Midoriya Izuku. If you do not put on these glasses, I will personally ensure you will not be waking up tomorrow."

_____

"Where the fuck is he?" Bakugou demands, looking out his window for the fifth time.

Kaminari chuckles from his seat on the couch, putting an arm around his boyfriend, Shinso, and flipping through the channels.

"You two better not be making yourselves at home!" Katsuki shouts, about to rip the remote away from the blonde, but is interrupted by the ring of the doorbell.

Bakugou is about to answer the door, but his boyfriend comes up from behind him and grabs his shoulder, smiling at him. "How 'bout I open the door today, hm?"

Katsuki had been in a sour mood for the entirety of the day, and Eijiro doubted Izuku's tardiness was going to improve it.

Bakugou scowls, but compiles, letting the redhead open the door.

"Hey, Midoriya! It's good to-" Kirishima blinks at the change in Midoriya's appearance. The male looked handsome, not that Midoriya didn't naturally have an endearing demeanor, but his once disheveled hair had transformed into a cascade of waves that shaped his face perfectly. Not to mention the addition of glasses, it added some maturity to the greenette's front. Eijiro shook himself. He couldn't remember the last time he had stared at a person for as long as he just had. "Sorry, got lost in thought for a moment! Midoriya, I didn't know you wore specs!"

Izuku looks down as if embarrassed. "I usually don't, but for reasons unknown to me, I'm wearing them today."

Eijiro looked visibly perplexed, but Izuku was too exhausted to explain.

After a moment, Eijiro just winks at him. "Want to come in?"

The blonde was here again- Midoriya was pretty sure his name was Kaminari but was struggling to remember. He currently had an arm wrapped around a male with purple-hair and an attractive, but weary face.

"Sup, Midoriya!" Kaminari calls, his spare arm was fiddling with a remote, but it was angled to the right as if hiding it from someone.

"You're late, once again." Bakugou states from the left of me, his arms were crossed, and he looked pissed.

Eijiro was contemplating interceding his boyfriend and stopping him from yelling at Midoriya, but something made him hesitate.

"Don't let it happen again. I'll be working tomorrow, which means you'll be going on set with me." The male doesn't say anything more and sits on the armchair diagonal to Izuku.

Eijiro lets out a breath, relieved, and more than a little surprised. Katsuki almost always went off on people for making stupid mistakes, and the redhead couldn't figure out why Bakugou, who was already in a bad mood, wasn't doing the same to Midoriya.

Izuku, on the other hand, only had one thing running through in mind. I'm going on set with Bakugou tomorrow, holy shit!

_____

"So, Midoriya, what got you into Judo?" Kaminari asks this question one of the five thousand he had previously requested. It seemed the boy never stopped talking like ever. And Midoriya, as much as he found Kaminari hilarious, was becoming more than a little tired.

Kaminari's boyfriend, on the other hand, aside from introducing himself as Shinso Hitoshi, had yet to say a word.

"Um, well, I was a pretty active kid, I never stopped moving and always wanted to know 'why' something worked, essentially I drove my mother insane. When I was five, I watched a really old, active movie starred by Toshinori Yagi, who fought using the techniques of Judo. I had already been obsessed with the actor, but from then on, I was hooked and decided I wanted to try Judo out, and my mother desperate for a way to keep me from getting me into any more trouble signed me up. I've been doing it ever since this is kind of my first time trying out something that doesn't wholly rely on improving my skills as a Judoka. It's a little odd for me."

Bakugou looked up from his laptop. "Why'd you become a bodyguard if you were so preoccupied?"

Izuku touched his neck; that was something he didn't feel like explaining. "Um, it's kind of complicated-"

"Shinso!" Kirishima's voice echoes through the hallways, slowly becoming louder and louder as he approaches. Eijiro carried a cord in his hand and looked at Kaminari. "Kams, I think I broke my charger again, could you do your magic and fix it for me?"

Denki groans but complies, gesturing for Kirishima to give him the wire, as soon as the redhead does, Kaminari's gaze rounds to Shinso. "You should fight Midoriya! I can't believe I haven't thought about this until now!"

Izuku looks at Shinso, his eyes instantly brightening. "Do you do Judo? Or a different form of martial arts?"

"I teach Judo at a dojo near here. I'm nowhere near your level, though." Shinso responds, finally looking Midoriya in the face.

"How would you know? You've never seen me fight before."

Shinso gives Midoriya a look that reads, 'are you dumb; you were in the Olympics, even people who have no interest in Judo saw you fight!'

Izuku chuckles slightly. "Or I didn't think you had."

"I've seen you fight; you're practically a legend." Midoriya had heard that before, from several different people, but he didn't honestly believe them then, and he didn't now, so he shrugs awkwardly.

"I still think you're underestimating yourself; we should give it a try." In truth, Izuku craved to compete with someone again. He hadn't done so in months, and at this point, as long as it was with someone capable of defending themselves, he'd fight anyone.

Shinso doesn't respond for several moments, but when his eyes met Izuku's, they were full of determination. "I'll do it; I'll fight you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

476K 13.4K 26
Izuku Midoriya been living a pretty crappy life. Being born quirkless, being bullied by Bakugo and the rest of his group. His father working overseas...
153K 3K 15
During bakugo's horrible bullying during middleschool, Izuku started cutting himself, drinking, and smoking. Once his mom saw his cuts she made him s...
258K 8.2K 42
Eijirou Kirishima struggles with an abusive dad and horrible depression and would get bullied just about everyday at his old school, but it all slowl...
11.6K 421 41
Marinette is a young girl from Paris. She was born in Japan though. Marinette doesn't have a quirk. Marinette's dad left her and her mom when Marine...