The Bad Boy Nerd

Por HazelEyes_1

"New student, right?" the Principal asked me. I nodded meekly, hoping that he would turn out to be a patient... Mais

First Day, First Showdown
Chapter Two: Shock Is In the Air!
Chapter Three: Detention with Drake Spencer
Chapter Four: Knowing Laura Robinson
Chapter Five: A Snappy Scandal
Chapter Six: Ego Wars
Chapter Seven: A Horrible Affair!
Chapter Eight: Setting Things Straight
Chapter Nine: The Deal
Chapter Ten: The Unofficial Date
Chapter Eleven : Mark Crazy for Marks!
Chapter Twelve: Girls Day Out!
Chapter Thirteen: And Here We Go Again!
Chapter Fourteen: Chits And Chats
Chapter Fifteen: Plans For Break-up and the Shocking Pair-up.
Chapter Sixteen: Film Plans with Drake
Chapter Eighteen: Exploring Drake
Chapter Nineteen: The Other Angle
Chapter Twenty: Did Sparks Start To Fly?
Chapter Twenty One: Let Me Kiss You
Chapter Twenty Two: Did I Kiss You?
Chapter Twenty-Three: Midnight Meetings.
Chapter Twenty Four: The Great Mistake.
Chapter Twenty Five: Attraction
Chapter Twenty Six: Seeking Revenge.
Chapter Twenty Seven: Sneak Peak into Drake's Life
Chapter Twenty Eight: The Heart That Beats
Chapter Twenty Nine: Broken Hearts
Chapter Thirty : Drake's POV (Part I)
Chapter Thirty One: Drake's POV (Part II)
Chapter Thirty Two: Happy Realization
Chapter Thirty Three: Will You Confess?
Chapter Thirty Four: We've a Thing Between Us.
Chapter Thirty Five: D 'N' A
Chapter Thirty Six: What a Bad Bad Day!
Chapter Thirty Seven: The Unexpected Pairing
Chapter Thirty Eight: Are We Making Love?
Chapter Thirty Nine: I Believed Lies
Chapter Forty: I Love You
Chapter Forty One: A Happy Tuesday
Drake 'N' Andrea: The Hook-up Handcuff (Part 1)
Drake 'N' Andrea: The Hook-Up Handcuff (Part II)
Thank You Note and a BIG SURPRISE

Chapter Seventeen: Paranormal Activity.....

38.8K 2.2K 368
Por HazelEyes_1

Chapter Seventeen: Paranormal Activity....

When you take up the challenge to watch a horror film, it is taken for granted that you would watch in at night, in the darkness of the room in pin drop silence around you. This makes the film scarier than it would be if you watch the film at daytime.

So here I was sitting on the sofa in the living room in front of the flat screen TV pinned to the wall. The room, or rather the house, was overflowing with darkness as if using tubelights, lightbulbs or any other possible source of artificial light was officially banned in the country.

"Its okay if we don't watch the film Nosey, you don't have to prove how much of a scared kitten you are."

Oh yes & I forgot to mention the most annoying person of the Galaxy who was sitting next to me-Drake Spencer.

"Start the film." I said coldly.

"Before that, let me arrange for an ambulance cause we would need one when you faint out of fear." he taunted me further.

"I said start the film." I glared at him.

He pressed the Play button of the remote & the film began. I took a deep breath as the first scene flashed on the television. Few minutes passed. The film is going good. No creepy stuff till now. All is normal. So far so good.

Oh & for the record, my parents are out to attend a house warming party of one of Dad's clients. Since Mark was least interested to play referee to the fights between Drake & me, he chose to go Mum & Dad.

I suddenly sensed Drake staring at me instead of the TV screen.

"Watch the film." I snapped him.

"I think watching the expressions of fear on your face would be more entertaining than the film."

"You don't want to land up with a black eye, do you?" I threatened coldly, thinking of punching his face.

"I was staring at you cause you look beautiful today."

My eyes widened as those words fell in my ears. What did he just say?. I looked at him. His eyes were on the TV screen. Surely he is joking & that is evident by the smirk plastered on his lips. I frowned, directing my attention back to the film.

The paranormal things in the film began soon after. I was so terrified that I couldn't even scream most of the times. I could feel my insides shaking as though my bones were doing salsa. Add to this, Drake gave a fake scream in one of the scariest part of the film which freaked me out completely.

"Got you on this!" he mocked.

"I swear Annabelle will haunt your dreams at night!!" I yelled at him.

I ran after him all over the place, throwing the sofa pillows at him that missed to hit him every single time. Finally I grabbed hold of his shirt & caught him but he clutched my wrist & pulled me closer to him. I could literally feel his warm breaths on my lips. His alluring blue eyes, which shone in the light of the TV screen, penetrated deep in me. I couldn't even afford to breath since I realized there was hardly any distance between our faces...I kept staring at his eyes, experiencing unfamiliar sensations.....

"You can hunt me down later on, but now we have a film to finish watching." he whispered in a husky voice.

Drake stepped away from me & walked back to the sofa. I regained myself, cursing myself mentally for letting him dominate me for a few moments.

The film ended shortly afterwards. I fell back into the sofa as if I had just been through some kind of world war. Drake switched on the lights. I don't like to admit but I'm thankful to him for that.

"Whoa! you survived! Congratulations!" he remarked.

I didn't bother to respond cause there was a new problem that was facing me.

I need to use the washroom for which I have to go upstairs, to my room.

To tell you the truth, I didn't have the nerves to go alone neither I wanted to ask Drake to accompany me upstairs. What if....What if some ghost......Nooo! I shouldn't be thinking all this!!

I got off the sofa.

"I'll be in a while." I told him & mustered enough courage to go alone to my room.

My legs were shaky as I took the stairs. God, please keep all the ghosts busy for today so that I don't come across any of them!

I was in such a frightful state that I couldn't walk up to my room & chose to use the washroom in my parent's room instead. I walked into the dark room & what I saw right in front of me left me absolutely petrified...Having lost my voice,. I somehow dragged my frozen feet to run back downstairs

"D-Drake...!" I choked

 "What happened??? Have you seen a Dracula or something?" he raised his brow, seeing me freaking out.

  "Y-You are almost right...I-I saw a g-ghost i-in my parents' r-room...."

  "What nonsense!!"

 "R-Really...please do some...something...That ghost was moving...moving..." I held his arm, dragging him along

I sensed the air dramatically chilling around us indicating a paranormal activity...

 "There are no ghosts in reality okay." he mouthed the famous dialogue.

 "I said I saw a ghost!! Just because the ghost is not in your room doesn't mean that you don't believe me!!"

 I could feel the tears building inside me.

 "Okay, I trust you, peace?" he surrendered.

I held his arm tightly as we headed upstairs. The prospect of seeing that ghost again frightened me like no other.

 "Relax, we will switch on the light & inspect the room." his was an assuring tone.

  "Nooooo! d-don't put on the light because the ghost might go away!!"

 "But you want the ghost to go away if I'm not mistaken...!"

 "If it goes away now...it will...it will again come to haunt my family...and I don't want that...so you have to ward off that spirit forever." I urged him, stressing every of my word.

Do I look like a scare crow to you??" he snapped.

 "No, You look like a ghost charmer to me." I said, shivering as we neared the room.

He rolled his eyes. We entered the room... I hid behind him...

"Drake...there are...there are two ghosts now...!!!" I was white in fear.

 He didn't respond cause he knew I was speaking the truth.

 "I told you.....please do something...." I choked...

"We need to switch on the lights. Simple."

Drake reached out for the switchboard. I tried to stop him but he already turned on the lights. I was horrified at what I saw next....!

"Nosey, " he looked at me, amused, "You saw your own reflection in the mirror in the darkness & got scared and your other ghost that appeared as we came in was my reflection."

 I was too stunned to even react & covered my mouth with my hands.

 "Omigod!! I had completely forgotten that there was a full size mirror placed here!"

I am sure I sounded like dumb. But hey, that are the after effects of The Conjuring on me for you.

"Relax, happens sometimes. Lets go downstairs, I'll make coffee for you." he said, without any hint of mischief.

My eyeballs must have come out of my eye socket hearing that. I thought he would taunt me even more on my goofiness but he didn't stretch it further. Something is fishy, I tell ya!  

"Are you.....Are you possessed or something? You don't seem like Drake." I said suspiciously & with fear as well....

"You're already scared. Doesn't make sense to trouble you further." he shrugged.

O...kay? Now I'm sure this can't be Drake cause the term 'good behavior' doesn't exist in his dictionary.

"If you claim that you're not possessed & that you're really Drake, then tell me about our first encounter." I quizzed him.

He rolled his eyes, "You bumped into me & we got a detention because of your stupidity."

"Hey! Its the other way around. So stop blaming me." I retorted.

"You wouldn't want to get into that again Nosey cause its a never ending thing."

I sat at the round table in the kitchen while he began making two mugs of coffee for us. The aroma of coffee was soothing to the nerves. I am proud of myself to have lived through a horror film. Still can't believe Drake of all people is making coffee for me, such surprises are weird.

"Er.....did you mix poison in it by any chance?" I questioned him, as he placed the mug of steaming hot coffee in front of my eyes.

He raised his brows at me, "Excuse me?? I made the coffee right under your nose, so I couldn't possibly mix anything odd."

"Well, you can't be trusted, given the kind of bond we share." I shrugged.

 "Oh Really? What will I get by poisoning you, Nosey?"

"Um, My One Direction music CDs perhaps?"

The horrified look on his face was worth a million likes on Instagram. I burst out laughing. Damn! It was so funny.

"You're an absolute nut case." he remarked.

"Your saying that doesn't make me one." I giggled, mouthing his dialogue that he had once said to me. I took a sip of the coffee.

"Whoa! You brew great coffee." I remarked.

"Thanks, it'll give you strength when you come across a real ghost next time." he smiled.

I frowned, "Well, you can marry Annabelle, she's is your perfect match."

"Are you indirectly asking me to marry you?" he shot back.

"Oh, did I tell you I'm not interested to marry headless human beings?" I retorted at the insult.

From then on, we just kept on arguing, throwing heavy jibes at each other.

"Look what's going on here, I did make the best decision to not stay back with you two."

Drake & I stopped fighting when we heard that voice. We saw Mark standing there, shaking his head. Mum & Dad appeared behind him. My back was back from the party.

Drake took leave soon after. I was heading upstairs to go to bed but I stopped, doing something which was quite spontaneous. I sprinted out through the front door of the house, hoping Drake didn't leave yet. He was getting in his car.

"Drake!" I called out, approaching him. He looked at me.

"Um, Thanks for the coffee, it helped me a lot to come out of that hysteria." I said genuinely.

"I never expected you to watch the entire film but you did." he mused, "You've got willpower, I tell ya."

I couldn't help but smile, "Well, Good night then."

"Good Night." he smiled.

Drake sat in his car & zoomed away. I don't know why I was standing there, staring at his receding car until it was out of sight.....

Did I say that he looks breathtaking when he smiles?

Uh-oh! What's wrong with me? I'm sleep deprived. That's why I'm STILL thinking about Drake.

****

"Um, Mark?" I called out to my brother as I walked into his room, "Um, can we share your room? I don't wanna sleep alone in my room tonight."

After watching a horror film, I can't risk being alone in my room.

"Yeah sure. My room is not haunted like yours." he chuckled.

"Can I ask you something? How were you okay with me watching a film with Drake when you are so over-protective of me when it comes to guys?" I asked him.

"Cause I am hell sure nothing can ever be there between you & him as you two fight & argue like crazy! Besides, Drake is my best friend. He would never have an affair with my sister." Mark said.

I lay down n the bed, hoping sleep would take over soon. But my mind kept on thinking about the fight that I had with Drake over coffee. It was much later that I realized I was smiling remembering all that!

Damn! This is so weird!

I need to SLEEP!!

I dug my face deeper into the pillow hoping I would fall asleep so that I stop thinking about Drake.

~*~*~*~

So here is the next chapter. Hope you guys enjoyed it :D

This chapter is dedicated to anamtudor for the lovely banner at the right, :D

She made it before I changed the story title :P

Three day back I had reached to #354 in Humor. That's the closest I've got so far. Thanks to all of you who voted & commented. <3

Please do continue showing ur support!

Thanks,

enchantedgirlXX

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

613 14 26
"You ruined me, you ruined us." Tears were dripping down by face endless, like sweats in striking heats. the only difference was the weather was now...
The makeover Por Candy_obsessed7

Ficção Adolescente

419K 9.2K 47
"You know you still want me." he said cockily. "As if!" I yelled at him. "I must say, I like the new look." he all but smirked. *****************...
107K 1.8K 26
"You dropped this." I heard a husky voice say. I turned around to look at what I dropped and realized it was my schedule. I gasped. Damn, I would hav...
74 1 9
"Do you regret it then?" I asked as I picked up my pace again. "the what? The kiss you mean" he teased a little, I rolled my eyes and waited his answ...