Throne of Glass

By JessieTheMikaelson

When Jessica Hawthorne finds out about how much her powers can do and the curses that come with them, her who... More

Extended description
The coldest night. [ 1]
The sneak attack
Every good thing is sealed with a curse.
The rage
The return of the 30th century idiot [6]
A bit of fun and misunderstood nights. [7]
Packs of Wolves and unknown heritages
The darkness doens't have to be something bad
Pain is the only thing that's loyal to me. [10]
Starry nights, murders, and and old alliance.
Not so casual reunions are kind of their thing [12]
Golden rose strings and deep blue lakes [13]
Glowing orange hair and silver wood stakes
Unknown latin paired with orange coloured skys {15}
Dark orange nights lit up with those starry blue eyes

A dance with a stranger who might not be that strange [5]

148 40 207
By JessieTheMikaelson

A dance with a strange who might not be that strange

I'm scared that if I let myself be happy again then the whole World is going to come crashing down and I can't take that- Elena Gilbert. (Well technically Elena Salvatore after she married Damon if she married Damon later on)

Jessica hated herself after what had happened with Susan. It was almost time to eat but Jessica didn't budge from her room and only came to the dining room after Kai had bugged her for a long time.

Jessica wanted to scream and break everything that she could see at the moment but she controlled it, She didn't want to lash out in front of them. It was a full moon that night, She couldn't head outside and let her anger take control of her.

She was in the dining room soon after, A Window that wasn't previously there had appeared and it was open. Cold winds were blowing and Jessica went to the window to look out. The view looked great, The moons light was falling on the ground and the shadows of the tree's were magnified. It gave out a cold feeling but not the one that you have when you feel wrong, The one you get when you are calm. She stopped looking outside and took her seat on the dining table, Caroline and Kai were already there while raven and Sebastian just entered.

"Okay, Everyone's here that's good. We need to talk." Caroline said out loud to them as they took their seats.

"Care, Today's not the day." Raven told Caroline as she looked at Caroline. "We are going to the town square tomorrow. It's Eleanor's daughters pre coronation thing  for turning seventeen, Mary might be there." Kai said to raven and as Jessica heard the words Eleanor she stabbed her fork into the table.

"And what are we going to do there? Sit and look for Eleanor's daughter and kidnap her? Or we kill her? Oh I have a better idea actually let's kill her best friend for doing nothing and let's leave it out on their front porch." Jessica told Caroline and chase with anger in her voice. Just the name Eleanor made Jessica want to stab someone, She had to blow some steam and soon.

"No, Rumors say that Eleanor's daughter actually hates Eleanor, And if that's true then she could be an asset to us. Jessica, We are truly sorry for what happened to Susan but that was Eleanor's doing. And Mary might be there, who ever she is." Caroline added.

"You aren't sorry for her. You didn't even know her. Don't lie to me I hate liars. We will be going to that pre carnation thing. Who is Eleanor's daughter?" Jessica asked Caroline as she tried to remove the fork from the table.

"No idea actually, It's the first time that any one will actually be seeing her except Eleanor of course. They apparently kept her in hiding until now," Caroline told Jessica as she took a deep breath.

"And we believe them? What if she's not real and it's just a hoax for us?" Asked Jessica as she looked annoyed.

"It won't be just us, It's all the important people and it's for publicity as well so if anything went wrong then it would be horrible for Eleanor's economy." Caroline said as she poured water into her cup

"It'll be good for us and we need to start working on reaching Mary as well. It's a good idea Caroline. Its final." Raven added as they began to eat. Jessica couldn't argue with them when they were right, She thought that she could break things in her dreams and continued eating. They finished dinner and went to their rooms.

Jessica closed the door behind her, She laid in her bed and thought about what happened to Susan and what might have happened to Mary. She couldn't afford to lose everyone she loved, They were the ones that kept her sane.

Jessica tried to sleep, She counted sheep and tried to remember the boring stories in the library but nothing worked. She gave up. She woke up from her bed and went to the living room, The room where she had an outburst with raven in. She went to the couch and sat down over there, Hoping that a change of setting might remove the feeling of guilt from her.

Every time she closed her eyes she saw Susan and her smile and how much she wanted to achieve in her life. Jessica couldn't shake the thought that she was responsible for her death.

She looked at her right arm and pressed on the strip where she could send a message to Mary, It had saved a picture of Susan in it as well. Jessica immediately deleted the photo of Susan but it wouldn't go.

"What's wrong with you, you stupid strip." Jessica said as she kept on pressing the delete option of the hologram. " She's gone! It's over and she's dead so why won't you just delete the damn picture you strip!" Jessica exclaimed to herself as her nails dug into the place where the strip was located, She removed it.

The area where the strip was located in started bleeding and Jessica just leaned her head against the couch. "She's fucking dead and it's my fault. She's dead and it's my fault!" she exclaimed as she got even more angry, Her eyes had tears in them but she wasn't the one to sob or she had told herself that.

Jessica got up and stamped over the strip to break it but it didn't break, She had snapped. She took a painting that was Hung over the door and smashed it on to the strip, She saw the frame of it breaking and the glass over it shattered. She realized what she had done and immediately fell to the ground as she picked up the glass.

Sebastian had heard a sound and she followed it downstairs. He went to the living room where he saw Jessica picking up the glass. He had a look of shock on his face as he went up to her and reached to help her pick up the glass.

He saw the wound on her right arm and freaked out. "What happened to your arm? Jessica are you alright?" Sebastian asked Jessica as she stood up abruptly.

"No Sebastian I am not okay! She's dead because of me and I don't know how Mary is and she's dead because of me! She's dead because of me," Jessica exclaimed

"Jessica she's dead because of Eleanor, you could have done nothing to save her if Eleanor wanted her dead. Don't blame yourself for it. It's horrible that she's dead it really is, But it's not your fault. She wouldn't have wanted you to hurt yourself or blame yourself." Sebastian said to Jessica as he stood up as well.

"We'll find Mary, We'll make sure that you'll be safe we'll do everything we can to help you but only if you try to help yourself. Wait here we need a first aid kit for you," Sebastian added as he went towards Jessica.

"I have vampire blood, I'll be fine. I am sorry for the outburst." Jessica said to Sebastian with a annoyed face.

Jessica sat down on the couch as she put her hands over her face in frustration. She had to stop having outbursts but she did feel a bit calm after lashing out.

"Make it fade away. I don't want the guilt. I don't want any of it! can't you do something?" Jessica asked Sebastian as he sat down next to her.

"I can't make something go away, You need to get over it on your own terms. Believe in something if you can't believe in yourself." Sebastian told Jessica as he looked at Jessica. "It wasn't your fault, Remember that." Sebastian assured Jessica.

Jessica moved her hands from her face and kept them to her side. Jessica wanted to take revenge, That's what she would believe in. She looked at Sebastian as she said "You can ask me why I didn't burry or burn her body, I won't have another outburst."

"It's okay to have outbursts, It's okay to feel bad, Those things are the ones that remind us that we are only human." Sebastian said to her as he asked her why she didn't bury the body.

"Susan hated small spaces, She believed that she would travel the world before she'd die but she knew she wouldn't be able to do it so she had told me that when she does die she wished for her body to be left there, Out where her soul could travel." Jessica answered.

"Are you going to drink the vampire blood now? We don't need your arm to become infective." Sebastian suggested as he looked at her right arm.

Jessica nodded and bent to her leg to get the vial of blood. She opened it and drank two drops of it with a disgusted look on her face. The wound began to heal and it looked like it wasn't ever there.

"Where are my weapons? You guys Haven't given them back to me," Jessica asked Sebastian as she stood up.

"Oh you won't need all of them. You are going to use your powers as well you know? Trust me it gets easier to use them after a few times." Sebastian assured Jessica as he stood up as well

"I Don't know how to use them, I don't have control over them." Jessica answered as Sebastian stretched out his hands.

"You're the earth element so you have control over gravity, And that means that you have the ability to reverse gravity and make force fields as well. See, Just raise your hands and feel it, Think about wanting to have control over it. Control it with your palms remember, We don't want this house to start floating." Sebastian taught Jessica how to do it as she followed what he had said.

"Whoa!" Jessica exclaimed as when she was trying to reverse gravity from her palms she felt energy flowing through her. She held her palms parallel against each other and she had done it, She had successfully manipulated gravity.

"Great try! But that's enough for now, You'll have your weapons at the ball and we'll be there as well." Sebastian said to Jessica and she sat back down again.

"That's great, I did it," Jessica said with a voice that didn't sound excited. "What's wrong, Is it something with what happened today?"

Sebastian asked her and sat down. Sebastian noticed that she wasn't in the mood to talk with someone or have fun with someone either, So he thought of something that might help her take her mind of it.

He got up again, He went towards a cabinet and took out a holographic CD. It was vintage, A rare collectors edition. People didn't really have time for music but that didn't mean they stopped liking it. They had made an object that could play songs but only a few select ones were able to have the CD's.

He pressed the play button and kept it on the table as he went towards Jessica again. He held out his arm in a "Lets dance?" Way to which Jessica chuckled a bit and got up.

"You Really think that I would want to dance?" Jessica asked him and Sebastian nodded and said, "Dancing and music are the few luxuries in life that help someone feel better. Come on, It'll be fun and a practice as well," Jessica took a deep breath and agreed.

"Fair warning I can't dance very well," Jessica said as she chuckled. She needed something light hearted that day. "That's what I am here for," Sebastian replied as he put his arm around her. They Floated around the room for a bit, Without caring for anything that had happened and just listening to the music. Like there were no problems in the world.

A part of Jessica felt guilty for enjoying herself but she couldn't ignore the fact that she felt happy as well. After dancing they laughed a bit, Said goodnight and left to their rooms. Jessica had a good sleep that night, She allowed herself to be happy around someone again.

It was the next morning. Jessica woke up to be met with a Caroline who was freaked out about something that Jessica remembered as "Broken painting. Ghost. We're all going to die." Caroline was calmer when she found out that it was Jessica's doing.

They were all in the living room, Just talking and fighting and going on with their lives, Almost as if there were no worries that consumed them. But that state wasn't for long, Caroline had left the room a few minutes ago and had come back to the room with ball dresses. Jessica wasn't slob but not a total fashion freak either so she was okay with it but raven didn't have it.

"I would rather go lick Eleanor's huge feet rather then wear that! Have you looked at me Caroline I am not the most pleasant person to be around with and with that dress people are going to pay attention to me!" Raven exclaimed as she held the dress in her arms.

Caroline wouldn't have it either though, "Raven, We need to act like we're one of the people from the states, Not like total monkeys you know. And people from the state dress like this so either wear the beautiful black dress I chose for you or wear a wedding dress. Your choice." Caroline replied as she took the dress back and flashed a annoyed smile.

"Do I have to go Caroline? I don't like dancing that much," Jessica knew that words were a lie as soon as they left her mouth. She actually enjoyed dancing but Diana had taught her how to dance properly and Jessica missed Diana more then anything at the moment.

"Of course you need to come with us! You need to get familiar with faces from the state's I mean how else will we steal blueprints from them." Caroline said to Jessica as she gave Jessica her Dress. Jessica's dress was blue, It was a dark blue off shoulder dress. It would look good on her though, Blue was Jessica's color.

"Fine I'll come but only cause of this dress just so you know, Good choice Caroline." Jessica said as she chuckled and gave the dress back to Caroline. "What are you going to wear Caroline?" The brunette asked Caroline, 'I am wearing a black gown, Fancy enough to blend in and easy enough to get off" Caroline told Jessica as she winked.

"Caroline, No. No. You are not hooking up with some random guy or girl you just met over there!" Kai exclaimed to Caroline as Jessica high fived her. What? Jessica thought that Caroline was fun to be around.

"I totally am! I haven't had any action going on since weeks so this is the opportunity of the universe." Caroline said to chase as she was about leave with the dresses, "I won't be needing a buddy tonight so you guys partner up. See you later." Caroline said as she left and closed the door.

"Buddy? What's that?" Jessica asked raven. " basically if you are going to get drunk then you need to have someone with you so you don't burn the whole place to the ground, That's the buddy system. Caroline is not coming home with us tonight I am sure of it so there are exactly four of us. Kai, Buddy. Thanks." Raven explained to Jessica.

It basically meant that have someone around you if you are going to get drunk, Well Jessica didn't want to get drunk that night. Yeah she drank at times with Diana and once with Mary but she wasn't a fan of getting drunk.

"I am not planning on drinking tonight, You?" Sebastian asked Jessica and she shook her head.

"Jessica, Are you a lesbian?" Raven asked Jessica. "Nope, I am bisexual actually. You are straight right?" Jessica replied. "I am straight, Kai is Pansexual and Sebastian is straight. And Caro- Raven would have continued if Caroline hadn't entered and cut her off.

-Caroline isn't into label's cause nothing can define someone as amazing as me. Well basically I like girls and I like hooking up with boys but I am not attracted to boys in a romantic way, Find anything to describe that?"

"Ill be in my room, Just give me my dress and when are we leaving?" Jessica asked Caroline to which Caroline answered "At six, We need to leave a bit early today." Jessica left after that, The group talked a bit and they left as well. Before they knew it, It was six.

Jessica came out of her room looking stunning, Her straight hair was left open with some curls at the edges. Her of shoulder blue gown fit her perfectly and she liked it.

Raven was wearing a black dress, Not a long gown. She had left her hair open like always and was wearing red lipstick.

Caroline was in her simple black gown which wasn't grand but still looked epic. The boys were in suits, Kai went tie less while Sebastian wore a tie. They traveled by taking a short cut through a tunnel that led to the town.

The town looked different then before, The people were less and it didn't have a homey feel like before but it was lit up. The castle of vain, It's one of Eleanor's castle's, Was lit up as well. There was a fountain in front of it that was shining like it Was made of diamonds and the castle looked beautiful. If only it wasn't owned by Eleanor.

As they entered the castle they were met with masks, It was a masquerade. There were so many people from all the states and they were dresses in expensive gowns and dresses. There was a huge staircase in the middle that led up to the higher rooms in the castle and it all went silent suddenly.

The governor's stepped up on the staircase with their glasses of champagne and looked like they were about to toast. They started with a speech and it was a long one. Jessica looked around to see if Mary was there but she spotted someone that she wanted to be with instead. Diana, It was Diana. Diana was in a white dress, It had sequins that were reflecting the glass staircase and she looked beautiful. Jessica quietly slipped out of there and went towards Diana.

She was standing in the back, With a white mask on. Jessica recognized her by her hair and how she had her left hand on her hip, Diana used to do that when she was nervous.

Jessica reached her, She was standing in front of Diana. She wanted to hug Diana and tell her that she missed her and wanted to ask her an important question but Diana held her hand and they both walked out of the castle. They stood in front of the fountain, For a moment it was as if there were no sounds in the world were present, The only sound they could hear was silence and the water from the fountains. The first quarter moons light was getting reflected by the water of the fountain and the grass looked freshly watered.

"What are you doing here!?" Diana exclaimed. Diana was surprised and didn't think that Jessica would be there.

"I should be asking you the same thing because the last time we met you told me you were leaving! I was here to search for blueprints," Jessica answered. Diana's reaction had caught her of guard.

"You were here for me! Have you even thought about what would happen if you were caught, If I was caught!" Diana was furious. She didn't want Jessica there, Not even for a moment she didn't.

"NO Diana not everything is about you! I was here for Mary actually, You just showed up suddenly without any explanation and are most likely to leave as well with no explanation! Do you even care about how I feel when you leave? I am constantly worried for your life and will I ever see you again! There's no reason for you to just leave all the time but you still do!" Jessica wanted an explanation, Jessica wanted Diana to answer and she wanted to know if Diana still cared.

"And there's no reason for me to stay either! I have a life planned out in front of me, I have goals I have to achieve and I have Absolutely no reason to stay. Do you expect answers? Do you want me to say that it'll be alright and comfort you!? Well I can't alright because it won't be alright. It'll never be alright. Have you ever asked me to stay? Have you ever thought about anybody else except you? You haven't and you won't either!" Diana answered her. Jessica felt her heart Being carved out and served in a silver platter. Diana's dreams, Her life, None of them had Jessica in it.

"And who's with you? And who's standing next to you and hugging you and congratulating you when you've achieved everything you wanted. Who's the one who knew first when you got everything you ever wanted, Who's with you?" Jessica asked with difficulty, The words felt like Were stuck in her throat and her eyes could tell that she was in pain.

Diana was taken by surprise at the question. Diana didn't have anyone by her side, It was only herself. The realization hit her. She took to long to answer so Jessica answered it for her.

"It's not me is it? You don't plan on me being there. Diana ask yourself this if you want to know if you love me or not, If the answer was me then you know that you love me, But the answer wasn't me was it," A tear dropped from her eye. Diana stayed silent.

"You can't know if you love someone just by a question! That's not fair is it? Jessica I can explain I am sorry it is you it really is..." Diana lied, Jessica could tell that Diana was lying. Jessica made up her mind, She gave a smile with all she had and said, "I know when you are lying. Diana you can leave. You can go achieve your dreams and live however you want to. I'll just not be waiting for you this time." Jessica Left to go back inside, She had wiped off the tear and the smile and had a straight face. But she was far from fine.

Meanwhile Sebastian was with the towns mayor, He had went up to him to ask him why they allowed pre carnation thing to happen in Their town. The mayor was speaking with one of the guard's as Sebastian went up to him

"Hello Mason, What's wrong with you?" Sebastian asked him with a smile as the mayor named Mason turned around.

"Speak of useless People and Sebastian's here. What do you want Sebastian?" Mason asked him with a annoyed look.

"All I want is to know why you let the ball happen over here. You know who they are, You don't like or want them over here." Sebastian answered while Mason sighed and said "When Eleanor's People come here with good money and approval to kill we don't say no to them,"

"So your allowing them to do anything with a pot of tea?" Sebastian said to him and Mason gave up and nodded.

Mason was about to say something but suddenly the doors had opened and Jessica had entered the room, With her looking better then ever. With Many eyes on her she looked somewhere else, Her eyes searches for someone. "One minute mason." Sebastian said as he walked towards Jessica, But he wasn't the only one to go towards Jessica. Diana, She had entered again through the backdoor and she was heading towards her as well. Sebastian reached there first.

He heard someone else hurrying as well and looked over there and Diana had stopped in her steps, he looked back at Jessica as he understood who the girl who suddenly stopped walking was.

"You know you have to tell me before going away suddenly," Sebastian said to Jessica. "Why? So you can come with me and stop me from doing whatever I wanted to do?" Jessica replied and Sebastian rolled his eyes. "well yes- I mean no, I mean what if one of the guards saw you?" Sebastian asked, "Everyone was busy, Stop worrying." She said as everyone went silent.

Eleanor's representative stood on the stairs, She was in a sleek red dress and holding a glass of champagne. She asked everyone for their attention as she was about to say something. "Firstly, Thank you all for attending this very important ball, It's for the queen's daughter and she'll be happy that all of you showed up. Now, If you all would accompany us to the ball room for a centuries old waltz, please find yourself a partner and enter. Let's go." She said as she went to the ball room with Twelve guards with her.

"Its rude to just stand and stare," Sebastian said to Jessica to which she sighed and said "It is tradition." And raised her hand forward. She and Sebastian then went to the ball room.

Little did she know that they were preying eyes on her. Diana was watching her, Just suddenly accept what happened and walk away with some other guy, How could Jessica do that to her. Maybe It was Diana's fault, Maybe Diana didn't appreciate Jessica enough, Maybe she just lost something that she did love.

Meanwhile Caroline had found herself someone to talk with, It was another girl. The other girl was wearing a green dress and a green mask, It was a simple green dress, It stopped mid thigh and she was wearing a bracelet that looked quite expensive as well. They both had entered the ball room with their hands locked together. Kai was with a girl that they didn't know of and raven was with the mayor's son.

It started, A song played as Jessica's eyes wandered everywhere around the room. Sebastian was quite the dancer and Jessica wasn't that bad herself either. As it started Sebastian looked at Jessica and said "You look gorgeous you know," to which Jessica replied "Thank you." A part of Jessica wanted the dance to be over in a second while another part of her wants to remain in the moment.

then It was the part where you switch partners, Jessica didn't really choose someone hoping that it would be any one except Diana, Her hopes were drowned when she turned to see Diana. She didn't say anything, Not wanting to cause a scene but she didn't look happy either.

"This is the last time we are going to dance, You don't need to feel miserable," Diana said to Jessica and looked at her, "I know." Jessica whispered and tried to focus on the dance as she looked into Diana's eyes.

While Sebastian was paired up with Caroline. "What's up with you and new girl?" Caroline asked him to which Sebastian replied "Absolutely nothing, She's a acquaintance."

" Acquaintances don't dance with each other in the middle of the night." She added and smirked a bit to which Sebastian just chuckled.

Meanwhile chase and raven were paired. Raven and chase didn't talk in the middle of the dance, All they did was dance a bit and then they both left the ball room. They looked like they decided to go out for some fresh air.

The dance was over, and Jessica didn't look back once when she left the room. She wanted to leave, Leave and go back home and talk to Mary. Anything, She would have given anything to go back at the moment and tell Diana that it didn't matter and ask her to stay but she couldn't and she wouldn't.

She went outside the castle and just closed her eyes and put her hands in her hair in frustration. She was deep in thought when she heard a sound, She heard twigs breaking in half and thought that there was someone or something in the woods that were surrounding the west and east sides of the castle. She looked over, Trying to find who ever was in the woods.

It wasn't a human. Jessica was sure that it must have been an animal, Probably a wolf or a deer of some kind. She decided to go over there to make sure but she was stopped when raven suddenly appeared behind her and put her hand on Jessica's shoulder.

Jessica was taken by surprise as she turned around and almost twisted ravens arm. Raven took her arm back and laughed a bit after Jessica gave out a fake laugh.

They both went back inside the castle to find Sebastian and Kai and leave. Caroline looked busy as raven passed by her and the green dress girl in the hallways. They went back to the mansion through the tunnels and they called it night. They said their good night's and went to their rooms, Jessica being herself didn't sleep and ended up going outside the mansion and sitting on the couch.

Maybe what Jessica did was the worst decision in her life, Maybe she did what might have been the greatest decision either, But the option was in her hands. 

Note: Hey!! How are you guys? I am hoping that you are doing great. I hope that you enjoyed this chapter and if you have any questions then feel free to ask them :) Thanks for Reading. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 205 32
(This book needs to be rewritten. If you read it before I do please try to ignore the grammar. It is ad though so I am just warning you lol. It needs...
49.1K 3.5K 32
*SEQUEL TO THE 12 ELEMENTALS* #623 in Fantasy Kicked out of her kingdom by Darkness, how does Melody rebuild her life and take back her crown? * Okay...
208 28 20
Angie frowned, "I don't understand. What does any of this has to do with Harper?" I stood, tears were already streaming my face, "I'm the child in th...
3K 313 17
When thirty-year-old Zara stumbled upon a mysterious mirror hidden among her family's heirlooms, she never imagined that diving into it would transpo...