HOT AND COLD (SNAPEXREADER)

By The_Black_Spy

A love/hate relationship between Snape and Y/N. But can you really trust what you read? [EDITING 03/23/23] More

1: Very Odd
2: Family Businesses
3: First meeting
4: Potions? Yuck.
5: Detention
6: Draught of Living Death
7: D'Dark figure
8: The Quidditch
9: The Philosophers Stone
10: Diary
11: Lockhart
12: A Gut
13: Obliviate
14: Scenario
15: Flipped
16: Beautiful Thing
17: Yellow Light
18: The Girl
19: Family Traditions
20: The Unexpected
21: Janus Thickey Ward
22: Bladder
23: Black
25: 394
26: Obnubilate Figure
27: Scabbers
28: Mysterious Book
29: Hogsmeade
30: Truth and the Lie
31: Quidditch World Cup
32: Trelawney's word
33: The Age Line
34: Letter of Smith
35: Y/N Astor
36: Swear to me
37: The Unbreakable Vow
38: The Order Of The Phoenix
39: Wish Lists
40: Love, Y/N S.
41: The Epilogue
1: Very Odd [REVISED]
2: Family Businesses [REVISED]
3: First Meeting [REVISED]
4: Potions? Yuck. [REVISED]
5: Detention [REVISED]
6: Draught of Living Death [REVISED]
7: D'Dark figure [REVISED]
8: The Quidditch [REVISED]
9: The Philosophers Stone [REVISED]
10: Diary [REVISED]

24: Boggart

4K 141 36
By The_Black_Spy

AUTHOR'S POV:

Y/N L/N is feeling upset after receiving the last letter of her parents yesterday.

She felt everything is just so wrong. Why would they care about the mass murderer? How is she related to him?

Her parents explained that she need to take an extra care about almost everything. The letter also stated that she, no matter what happens will follow Dumbledore's wishes.

"What?! Did he say what!? What if Snape likes you? Think about it Y/N! You two already... You know! Kissed!" Granger whispered desperately to Y/N while elbowing her ribs.

"No thanks. Thank you Hermione!Anyone can hear you at this moment!" L/N sarcastically whispered back, meeting the eyes of Snape on the high table.

She swallowed hard. Why is she being like this? Her heart beat is racing insanely on her chest while her cheeks is feeling hot as the second passes by.

The slytherin girl decided to break the stares as she dumbly look on the ground.

"Huh?" Granger rolled her eyes pathetically and sigh.

"H—Hermione... I—It couldn't be... Maybe I like—"

"Professor Lupin!" L/N face lit up as she looked pass her friend. "Professor!" Granger greeted.

"Having your lunch huh? Well I am so sure that you will like our lesson for today." Lupin winked at the both and headed towards the hightable, flopping next to Snape who snorted and sip his pumpkin juice.

"He's been sighted!" Granger and L/N quickly look at the clumped students to their left.

Potter and Ron quickly huddled with the other students, joined by Granger and L/N.

"Achintee? That's not far from
here..." The know-it-all whispered to herself. Y/N worriedly look at Potter, who looked back at her with a nod.

***************

L/N headed towards the Defense Against the Dark Arts room with Potter and Weasley... Since Granger said she have something to take care of....

Weasley can't be stopped, talking about the infamous mass murderer while L/N does the opposite.

Since her eyes have landed on the newspaper, her joyous mood changed.

"What the?" The ginger boy cringe at the sight.

The other students gasp, including Longbottom who's at the left side of the room, hiding behind Finnegan because of the tall wardrobe, rattling violently infront of them.

"Intriguing, yes? Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what's inside?" Lupin suddenly commented, making everyone look at him.

"That's a Boggart, that is." Finnegan whispered nervously. Lupin's face lit up.

"Very good, Mr. Finnigan. Can anyone tell us what a Boggart looks like?" L/N almost speak when Granger suddenly answered out of nowhere.

"No one knows." Ronald and Y/N got startled. "When'd she get here?" The ginger whispered to Potter who just shrugged.

Y/N eyed her friend suspiciously. She knew that something is off.

"Boggarts are shape-shifters. They take the shape of whatever a particular person fears most. That's what makes it so --" she continued.

"Terrifying, yes. Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a Boggart. Let's practice it now, shall we? Without wands, please... Riddikulus!"

The students say it outloud earning them a clap from Lupin.

"Good. So much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a Boggart off is... laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing. Neville, come up here, will you?" the boy warily eyed the rattling wardrobe and slowly walk towards Lupin.

"What would you say is the thing that frightens you most?" Lupin asked and everyone went quiet, looking forward to their classmate's fear.

"Profter... Snafpt..." Y/N's brow smashed against each other.

"Didn't catch that, Neville, sorry." Lupin said but he knew he heard it already, he just wanted everyone to hear it too.

"Professor Snape." Everyone burst out laughing, some giggled at each other even Professor Lupin except Y/N.

She's confused. Yes. Sometimes Snape is terrifying but... She doesn't see him that way.

What Snape did to her? Why is her heart beating crazily whenever she thinks of him?

She got whisked away from her thoughts when she heard the wardrobe clicked open.

It revealed Snape, walking very slowly, looking at Neville hideously.

L/N throat went dry, as if she haven't drink any water since last week.

Her eyes went wide and her shaky hand went to clutch on her chest. "Y/N are you alright?" Potter asked and her face becomes red.

"I—Im fine!" she shook her head rapidly and pretended to watch the scene before them. Granger is smirking beside her and Weasley of course doesn't have any idea what's happening.

"R-r-riddikulus!" with a crack, Snape stumbled in a flash of light then reappeared with long, lace-trimmed dress, towering moth-eaten hat, and crimson handbag.

Instantly, the class roars except for Draco and his fellow Slytherins.

Neville blinks, amazed, then slowly, grins himself.

L/N bite on her lips, trying so hard not to burst out laughing at the sight of Snape! He's looking very clueless, glaring at everyone who's laughing at him.

The minutes passes by and everyone are turning red from laughing but Y/N become nervous as she watches the queue infront of her shortens.

Potter chuckled infront of her as he watches Granger cast Ridikkulus at Professor Mcgonagall.

Now, it's Harry's turn and L/N gulps. Lupin winked at her then turn to watch Potter.

The boggart slowly turn into the dementor that makes her faint that day.

"Harry!" The H/C headed girl shouted turning to run towards her friend but Lupin is already infront of Potter.

"Here!" Y/N halted, watches the Dementor turns into cloud, but there is something underneath those shiny cloud... A round glittering—

"Riddikulus!" Lupin yelled and with a pop... The orb turn into a balloon, deflates like it's punctured, whizzes crazily about the room, then darts back into the wardrobe. The door slams shut and the class cheers.

Lupin dismissed the class and L/N worriedly went towards Potter.

Professor Lupin nodded at L/N who took Potter out of the room.

"Are you okay?" she asked silently. Potter just nodded but didn't say anything.

"Y/N... When you encountered that Dementor... Did you heard something?" He stopped walking and seriously face the girl.

"Yes... I heard a very painful scream... Did you—" Potter nodded and started to walk again.

***********************

The next morning, everyone who's third year-seventh year, were in queue, holding their parent's permission form.

"Bugger!" L/N winced in disgust.

"Why? Something's wrong?" Granger asked, clutching the paper on her hand.

"I get it now. Your parents didn't approve of you going in Hogsmeade!" The ginger snickered, making fun of L/N.

She quickly sent threatening daggers to Weasley. "No! I forgot! Ugh!" she childishly kicked the air and watches her friends, passing their permission slip to Filch.

Then Potter tried to ask Professor Mcgonagall to sign his form but got coldly rejected.

"I suppose... you dont have your permission form too?" Harry nodded sadly.

"Ugh. Same... " They pathetically wave their goodbye to the two and headed back inside.

As they're walking inside... They saw Professor Lupin from afar.

"Y/N.. I am going now... See you later.." before Potter could explain, L/N anticipatedly nods her head.

"Perhaps to Professor Lupin?" they run towards Lupin whose eyes are open wide.

"Children... You surprised me." The two students smile mischievously gasping for their breath.

"So. No Hogsmeade, eh?" they shook their head.

*********************

Y/N exhaustedly flop on Slytherin Common Room with the comfortable scarfs her mother give her last last Christmas.

Professor Lupin told her that she can continue her special lesson from Lupin and of course she happily agreed.

For now, she is reading in peace because almost all of the students are in Hogsmeade. Only the first and second years are only bugging her, asking her why she's left behind.

The silence around has been broken when few of the students appeared on the entrance.

"Hey Y/N. I heard you forgot your permission form?" L/N gritted her teeth and close the book irritatedly.

"So what? What do you—" she stopped midway to look at Malfoy's hand.

"I—I thought you would like some..." his hands are full of chocolate cauldrons and chocolate wands. L/N's eyes glinted with joy.

"Y—You don't have to... Thank you D—Draco... " she awkwardly gave him a smile as she accepted the chocolates. Malfoy's cheeks redden.

"Uhm... I've bought you a quill to! They said it's very special out of all the quills they sells." Malfoy's confidence sprouted while his face flushed more when L/N cheerfully look at the box in his hand.

"D—Draco! You don't have too! Really!" She embrace him tight until the other Slytherins are whistling at them.

Malfoy hastily walk towards his chamber, leaving L/N in front of everyone. She blushes at the attentions and suddenly remembered her detention with Snape.

*****************

"Professor! Don't you think this is alittle inappropriate?" L/N exhaustedly stretches her arms. The table infront of her are full of papers that is waiting to be marked.

"Silence..." Snape growled, didn't even bother to look up from the papers he's been marking.

Another hour went by and L/N eyes are getting tired. She yawned like an animal and a knock on the door distracted them from what they're doing.

Lupin entered Snape's office with a friendly smile while the Potion Master just snorted and stand up from his chair, grabbing a vial on his little cupboard that L/N doesn't know exist.

Snape started to fill it with the potion that L/N thought she have seen somewhere. She can't totally remember it and it's the first time she
smell the odor of the potion.

She then, watches Snape pass the vial to Lupin with a smirk.

Lupin thanked Snape and left the room, didn't noticed that one of his favorite student is there.

"What is that potion you gave to Professor Lupin?" the girl asked, standing up. She doesn't like the smirk she is seeing on Snape's face.

"L/N, done already? I suspect that your detention is on its end. I'll see you tomorrow." The grumpy professor lazily dismissed her.

"Wolfsbane potion? But why?" L/N exited Snape's office and decided to rest after a very long night, the moon outside is glittering like a marble, sending alittle light on the dungeon.

******************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.2K 1.7K 40
Reader is a student at Hogwarts, and a super rebel with Snape. She gives him hell in every way she can to break his stern behavior, she teases him un...
362K 7.8K 40
You knew the Malfoy's since you were little. You father, Severus Snape (a potions teacher at Hogwarts) is a really good friend of both but you never...
103K 1.3K 54
THIS STORY IS MATURE. JUST A WARNING. 2 enemy's, 2 different families...not enough love,forced to hate each other. Want to love each other.One wants...
70.7K 3.3K 50
(Y/N) Black was a Death Eater that had been assigned a big mission by Lucius Malfoy. What was this mission you ask? She had to become the Assistant t...