Math Tutor

By gingerisnumber1

(Hiro x Reader) just go to the next page for more details More

Author's Note/ Key Information
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
QUICK UPDATE

Part 6

3.5K 152 75
By gingerisnumber1

It's winter break so hopefully I will be updating quicker. Happy Holidays everybody!

Y/N POV

I had never felt as happy as I did sitting with Hiro at the cafe. It had been forever sinced I had genuinely laughed. I didn't have my usual drag, my usual dark cloud that fogged up my head. It was... strange. But it was nice, it was really nice. Hiro was nice, to say the least. I knew he was a good teacher and all, but he knew how to hold on a conversation. 

I'll be honest, at first, when Hiro's Aunt kept nudging me to talk to him, I was terrified. I wasn't too much of a socialist, I never knew what to say, especially to people I've only known recently. But there was something, I don't know what, but something that made talking so easy. Why was it that for years it was hard for me to talk to my sister, but for this boy that I've only known for 3 weeks, can make me brighten up? I don't think I'll ever know.

Hiro had invited me to see his lab at SFIT, and I was ecstatic. Recently, I've been very isolated and haven't been invited to many social events. Well, this wasn't a social event, but it was someone inviting me somewhere and that felt good all in its own.

" Is your lab big? " I asked

" Eh, it's not huge, but it's not small. It's a good enough size to create, I've always been able to manage in it." Hiro said.

" It must be nice, having a lab, creating what your heart contends, being able to do things that come up to in your kind." I started wondering off.

I looked down at the ground, my mind fogging up again. I am nothing compared to Hiro, what am I even doing right now. Then I felt a small nudge on my arm.

" It's.. it's not all that easy. Somedays I'm up 'till 3 in the morning shooting hundreds of waded up ideas right into the trash. Why? Because I have nothing else better to do than try to make a 3-pointer at 3 o'clock with wasted ideas that I could not wrap my brain around." Hiro said, looking at me with a small smile.

I gave one back, but it faded. "You're still a 15 year old genius in college." I stated.

"Well..." he sighed " I get called that a lot. A 'genius'. And I guess you can say that, but I don't understood why. I used to let that word get to me, and I took way too much pride into it. But now I just say 'look, for me, it's this simple. I see a problem, and I try to fix it', there's nothing more."

I couldn't say anything after that. Mainly because I had no clue what to say after that. It made me rethink a lot about Hiro, about what it was actually like to be him. I still didn't quite understand, but I started to get the surface of it. Or so I thought.

We had finally arrived to SFIT, and the moment we walked in, my jaw dropped. Flying cats, small robots, fast bikes, crazy chemicals, the possibilities were endless. It would be easier to ask me what I didn't see in the labs. My eyes were wide with curiousity as Hiro led me along, occasionally pointing here and there.

Hiro finally led me into his lab.

"Woah." I said

"You like it?" Hiro asked.

" It's pretty cool." I said, while slowly spinning around the room, looking at every wall, edge, paper, scrap, whatever there was to be found.

I finally faced the window. It was a beautiful view of the building next to the main SFIT center.

Hiro, I believe, was getting Baymax up and running. I was still taking in the view. I tried making out the words on the building.

"Tadashi... Hamada... Memorial?" I wishpered to myself. 

I stood for a while trying to understand. Hamada? Wait... Hiro Hamada. Did this mean?

I was ready to ask Hiro about it, but the moment I turned around to ask him, I saw Hiro with Baymax by his side, a big smile on his face. I stopped myself, and shoved the question to the back of my mind. This was not the time.

" Hello. His name is Baymax, right?" I asked Hiro.

" You are correct." Baymax answered for him.

" Nice to see you again Baymax." I said. I still felt a little weird holding a conversation with a fat white robot.

" (Y/N), your health seems to have improved since the last time I checked you." Baymax said

" I, uh, I guess I am."

" I'm glad you're feeling better." Hiro said, with a warm look on his face.

His words made my face heat up, and my heart pounded a little faster. It seemed like he actually cared, and I didn't think there would be anyone who did. All I could do was studder out a thanks.

Just then, someone busted through the door.

" Hiro! Where were you the morning, I was looking for -" The tall stranger said, looking straight at me.

" Who is this?" She aked, smiling at me.

" Oh Honey Lemon, this is (Y/N). (Y/N), this is Honey Lemon." Hiro said " (Y/N) is the girl that I help with math on the weekends."

"Oh! Hiro's talked about you before! Wow, you're even better in person, it's so nice to meet you!" Honey squeeked, kissing my cheeks.

" It's nice to meet you too." I said.

"Hiro, why dont we introduce (Y/N) to everone else?" Honey said.

"Sure, if that's okay with you." Hiro said, turning to me.

" I don't mind." I said.

Honey lemon grabbed on my arm, yanking me out of the lab. Hiro and Baymax followed along behind us.

We ended up in a room with 4 labs connected to each other. Honey Lemon whistled.

" Gather around everyone, there is someone we would like to introduce!" She shouted.

3 other people gathered around in front of us. I was a little nervous, considering these people looked older than myself.

" This is (Y/N), Hiro's tutor buddy!" Honey said, pulling Hiro forward and pushing him next to me.

" It's nice to meet you (Y/N). I'll go first with introductions, I'm Wasabi." said the big, dark man wearing a green sweater.

"Hello."

" Oh, Oh I'm next! Okay so I'm Fred. It's nice to meet another friend of Hiro's. I didn't think he had any other friends other than us."

"Hey!" Hiro said in protest.

I giggled, and greeted him as well.

" I'm Gogo, it's nice to meet you." said the short girl with the purple streak.

" It's nice meeting all of you." I said to them.

After that, Wasabi had invited all of us to the sushi place that he worked at to have an early dinner. I went, though I didn't speak much. I didn't know these people very well, so I didn't have much to talk about. Every now and then they would encourage me to join the conversation, which made me feel welcome.

When we were all too full to stuff another roll in our mouths, I decided I needed to get home before Lia got back from work. They were generious enough to drive me home. After some wrong turns down different streets, we finally made it home.

"Thanks for the meal and taking me home." I said

"No problem." said Wasabi.

Before I closed the car door, Hiro spoke.

" Hey, thanks for coming to the lab with me, it was fun. We should, ya know, hang out more often."

" Y-yeah, we really should." I grinned.

I finally closed the door and watched them drive away, Hiro waved at me from the back of the car. I waved back, unable to hide my grin.

I laid in bed for what felt like hours, blushing and grinning like an idiot. Today was a good day, and I hadn't had a day like that in years. But eventually, that question that I put on the back of my head started to creep forward. I tried to shake it off, but I couldn't help but wonder.

My curiousity got the best of me, so I pulled out my laptop. I typed in " Tadashi Hamada San Fransokyo" and dozens of results had popped up. I read an article, and the further I read on, I gasped, covering my mouth. I stopped reading, and shut my laptop. There was more to Hiro than I thought there would be.

A/N: yay it felt good to get back to this. also i would like to bring up that hiro's line "i see a problem, and i try to fix it" was actually a line from Hiro in the comic books. anyways remeber to vote and comment! hope you've been enjoying the holidays!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 15.7K 22
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
451K 30.7K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
247K 7.2K 81
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
1.3M 56.9K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC