Say My Name

Da chelcking

Innocent and sweet Betty Cooper is a Northside cheerleader, and Jughead Jones is a dangerous Southside Serpen... Altro

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chaper Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Eleven

5.7K 216 288
Da chelcking

As they sluggishly walked past the bikers, the humidity in the air and the ray of lights coming from the neon sign made her feel a little intoxicated. She tried not to look the men in the eye directly but felt them gazing in her direction. Veronica opened the door and walked inside first, making her feel a little cowardly. As they both got through the door, cigarette smoke and whiskey burned the inside of her nose. Betty shuffled through the crowded bar, making her way in front of Veronica, so she was ahead of her. She scanned the room full of drunken gang members, and not a single one of them was the man she was looking for. A queasy sensation built up in her stomach when she noticed a few men giving her a hungry stare, eyes finding their way up and down her body. She thanked her past self, who told her it was a good idea to wear jeans and a shirt that covered her entire backside. When she couldn't find the face she was looking for, Betty made her way over to the bar where a young girl with purple-tinted hair and an inviting smile was pouring drinks. The girl was too distracted by a couple of guys who looked twice her age to notice Betty leaned against the bar with her left side supporting her weight as she faced Veronica, who took a seat in the barstool next to her.

"Do you not see him anywhere?" Veronica asked, and Betty shook her head in disappointment.

Veronica's voice must've caught the bartender's attention because after Betty had looked around the bar one last time, she jumped at the sudden presence of the purple-haired girl who was now standing right in front of them. "What can I get you two?" Her welcoming voice and faux smile seemed a bit forced. Betty peered down at the 'Toni' written on the girl's name tag.

Betty and Veronica both looked at each other, unsure of how to respond at first.

Toni raised her eyebrows at the two of them, then gave Betty a judgemental scan up and down her body. "Do you guys have ID?"

Betty sat down on the barstool, resting her forearms on the sticky bar. "Um... no. I'm actually here to see Jugh-- Forsythe," she quickly caught herself. "I need to talk to him."

The girl stared at her, blinking a few times like she was trying to register what Betty had just said. "You're kidding, right?" She half-smiled and raised her left brow at her.

Confused by her reaction, Betty furrowed her eyebrows and swallowed. "I'm sorry...?"

"You're here to talk to Forsythe? What do you have, a death wish, or something?" She grabbed the damp cloth that was draped over her shoulder and started wiping down the sticky bar. "Or are you a horny teenager who wants to get in bed with the 20-year-old gang leader?"

Betty awkwardly smiled at the girl's words, then swallowed again, trying to moisten the dryness that appeared in her throat. There was an uncomfortable silence between the three girls, and she was having a hard time breaking it.

Veronica noticed her distraughtness and swooped in. "Our friend owes him some money. She just needs to talk to him about that."

The dryness in her throat was now affecting her mouth. She smacked her lips a few times, then stopped when she noticed her friend and the girl behind the bar giving her an odd expression. She cleared her throat and patted the damp counter with her hands, drawing even more attention to herself. "Can I have some water?"

Toni rolled her eyes, then proceeded to bend down, grabbing what appeared to be a clean glass from underneath the bar counter and filled it up with fresh water. She slid it over to Betty, who thanked her with a small smile and inahled every last drop of it. When finished, she slammed the glass down and swallowed the last bit of liquid in her mouth forcefully, making a gulping sound.

The two stared at her like she had just shamelessly chugged an entire bottle of whiskey. "What?" She questioned their expressions.

"Someone's thirsty." Veronica chuckled, and Betty wiped a droplet of water off her lip with her pointer finger knuckle.

"Yeah," she said hoarsely, followed with a clearing of her throat. "Yeah. Sorry. My throat was just a little dry." She gathered the confidence to speak again. "I'm just looking for him. That's all."

Toni swung the wet cloth over her shoulder and placed her hands on the bar, preparing herself for their conversation. "You don't just look for Forsythe." Her face turned serious. "He looks for you." She bent over the counter, now leaning on her forearms. "Look, you seem like a nice girl, which is why I feel like it's my place to tell you that this isn't a bar you can just waltz right into. Look around." Her voice lowered. "Every single one of these guys has killed."

Betty opened her mouth slightly, letting air find its way through her parted lips. She gazed at the girl's eyes, noticing she hadn't blinked in a while. The girl's frightening words attracted pressure to her own chest, and suddenly, Betty felt like she was too aware of her breathing. She turned her head, examining the room full of bikers with snake tattoos and beer bottles in their hands.

She felt the heat radiating from the girl's body as she noticed her leaning closer to her. "Notice the side-eyes half of them are giving you? That's because you have a giant target on your back right now," she said in an even lower voice. "Like a rabbit in the middle of a pack of wolves. So whatever your friend owes, let him deal with it himself because when it goes down, and Jones is fed up with not getting what he wants, he won't hesitate to charge." She straightened back up. "And trust me, you don't wanna get yourself caught in the crossfire." She got distracted by a man whistling, shaking his half-empty glass full of ice at her. She huffed. "One sec," she said to her before walking over to the man.

Betty peeked at Veronica, who was pulling a piece of gum out of her purse and started unwrapping it. "This place is scary," she said, still eyeing the gum, then stuck it in her mouth.

She nodded in agreement before side-eyeing a guy sitting at the opposite end of the bar, who was staring at her coldly. She crossed her arms uncomfortably and turned away. The girl walked back to her position in front of them and started filling an empty glass with bourbon. "Do yourself a favor, go home, and don't come back." She set the bottle full of bourbon down on the counter. "Didn't your mommy ever tell you to stay away from the Southside?" She picked up a tiny straw and dropped it in the glass. "Should've listened to her." She walked back over to the man, handing him the beverage.

Truthfully, her mom always did warn her about the Southside, but she never mentioned the Serpents. Betty always visioned the Southside as the place on the other side of the tracks--forbidden and rundown. One step over the train tracks, and you'll be swooped away by a mean man who preys on little kids.

"B, let's just get out of here," Veronica said in a loud whisper as she grabbed her arm.

"No." Betty yanked her arm out of her friend's grip. "I'm not leaving until I talk to him."

Veronica sighed, and Betty walked around the bar to where Toni was hovered over the counter, giving the man a friendly smile as he took a sip of his alcoholic beverage.

"Is he even here?" She talked over the drunk conversation by two bearded men happening next to her.

The girl sighed, clearly irritated by Betty's persistence. "No."

"Well, do you know where he is?" She flung her arms up in the air, then dropped them back down dramatically.

"No. No one keeps tabs on him. He comes and goes whenever he pleases."

"But I just --"

"Look..." She cut her off. "Pay the debt you owe or don't make drug deals with dangerous gang members. That simple."

"No, but that's the problem --"

"Is that your natural hair color, or is that blonde hair dye seeping to your brain?" She heard a few chuckles in the background. "What part of 'get the hell out of here' do you not understand?" Her voice was firm and the tone she performed made Betty's face flush with embarrassment. The laughing in the background didn't calm the embarrassing feeling, and she knew she had to get out of there. She glanced over at Veronica, who was still sitting down in the same spot and met her eyes. She gave a quick nod in the direction of the exit, but for some reason, Veronica's attention wasn't on Betty, it was a couple of inches away from her. Betty turned her body curiously to the spot Veronica had her eyes glued on, and the body a few inches in front of her restricted her from moving any further. She scanned the man from his torso up to his inflamed expression. She recognized that fit, the blue-green eyes, and the menacing stare anywhere. It was him.

"Hi --" She swallowed, the word getting caught in her throat. "Can I..." She pulled her sleeves down, bunching them into her palms. "Can I please talk to you?"

Jughead looked up at the purple-haired girl behind the bar, giving her the same threatening expression.

Toni threw her hands up in defense. "Hey, I tried to tell her."

His nostrils flared when he let out a low grumble, then before she knew it, his hand had a firm hold on her upper arm. He led the way, her following slightly behind. They shuffled through the bar and walked out of an exit at the back of the bar. Their surroundings were dimly lit as there wasn't much light in the back, and the area was deserted. After the door shut behind them, he let go of her arm. "What the hell are you doing here?"

His voice was angry, and the chilled air wasn't the only thing that sent goosebumps down her arms. "I want you to leave Archie alone."

He scoffed, looking amused at her words, then started digging into his leather jacket pocket.

"He doesn't have any money. Okay? He needed the money in the first place to... to pay for his dad's treatment."

Jughead pulled out a cigarette from the carton and placed it between his teeth, not bothering to look at her while she talked.

"His dad is sick."

He flicked his lighter and proceeded to light it. Placing the carton and lighter back into his pocket, he looked up at her as the lit cigarette wiggled between his teeth. "That's not really my problem... Is it?" He took the cigarette out of his mouth and exhaled a cloud of smoke. "Man, you'd really risk it for this little boyfriend of yours, huh?" He inhaled another puff of smoke before exhaling it out and Betty was forced to breathe in the toxic fumes.

"He's not my boyfriend." She bit her tongue back, unsure why she had to feed him that bit of information. It wasn't any of his business, but she couldn't hold back. "I mean, he's not- we're not..." She stopped herself, feeling foolish for continuing and sighed. "It's complicated."

"Really? Because I've had my eye on Andrews for a while now. I saw you guys at the football game together. The innocent blonde cheerleader dating the high school quarterback." He scoffed. "Figured you both were just a cliché."

"Well, we're not dating," she said defensively.

"Right..." He put the cigarette between his teeth again and leaned against the brick wall.

She watched his movements, eyes fixated on the way he positioned himself so nonchalantly. "Is that why you were there that game? You were keeping an eye on Archie?"

He raised his eyebrows up and down, signaling like a nod.

She scrunched her own in disbelief. "Why did he pretend like he didn't know who you were?"

Jughead didn't answer. Instead, he gave her a repulsive look, then turned away.

"Okay... Are you not going to answer me?"

He took the cigarette out of his mouth. "No, because I don't remember giving you permission to ask me questions."

She raised her eyebrows in surprise at his upfront words. "What?" Betty let out a soft exhale, then found herself holding her breath for a few seconds as she grew anxious at the next set of words that popped into her head. "Well, I don't need your permission," she said softly, the words floating under her breath.

"Excuse me?" His expression grew dark again as he unglued himself from the wall. "What did you just say to me?" He slowly walked over to her and Betty found it hard to meet his deadly stare. She watched his black combat boots make their way over to her, waiting until they were just a couple of feet in front of her, and then she looked up at his darkening eyes. She felt a rush of adrenaline run through her chest, making her heart skip a beat. "I said I don't need your permission." She was shocked by the fear leaving her body. Maybe it was the second-hand smoke or the leftover adrenaline she got from walking into the bar, but she felt lighter--felt more resilient, and she wanted to keep testing just how far she could go.

His face landed a few feet in front of hers. "No?"

Betty shook her head.

Before she had time to react, Jughead dropped his cigarette, and his right arm snaked around her waist, grabbing her right arm and spun her around so her back was against his front. He grabbed her left wrist and had her arms locked behind her back. Her chest heaved as she arched her body back a little, resting her shoulder blades against his chest. The touch of his warm breath against her ear sent chills down her spine. "Do you wanna try that again?" His soft voice vibrated inside her ear, causing Betty to let out a small whimper before she swallowed it down, trying to tame herself. She didn't dare to try to get out of his grip. He was much stronger than her--reflexes quicker, and with her legs suddenly feeling a bit weaker, she decided to relax into his hold.

"I said... do you wanna try that again?" She could feel his hot breath against her ear, and Betty was aware of his lips being half an inch away, almost brushing against her skin. "Huh?" He tightened his grip while shaking her arms, trying to get a reaction out of her.

"Yes," she said breathlessly and felt his knuckles digging into her back, so she arched her back more, sticking her chest out farther. There was a moment of silence and all she could hear was their heavy breathing intertwined with one another.

"Do you need my permission? Yes or no?" He crisscrossed her arms behind her back, letting go of one of them, then straightened her up and quickly pressed his front against her back, so her arms were trapped between their two bodies. She opened her mouth, almost letting out a sound of discomfort. He snaked his left hand around her face and grabbed her chin, making her turn her head to the side. His face was just a few inches away from hers, and she couldn't help but stare directly into his eyes. "Answer me," he whispered, and her eyes fell to his lips.

"Yes," she whispered back.

"Yes, what?"

She was still breathing heavily, and she didn't understand why. She thought it could've been from the adrenaline and the pain coming from his harsh grip, but found herself craving more of it with each second that passed by. "Yes, I need your permission." Her eyes kept alternating from his glistening eyes down to his parted lips, and an unfamiliar rush of sensation built in her chest.

He let go of her, and the sensation stopped. "And I need you... to watch that mouth of yours around here," he said firmly and walked around her, so he was standing in front of her. "Don't come to my territory, batting those long eyelashes and sticking out that bottom lip of yours, and start demanding favors from me. Your little boyfriend, toyboy, or whatever the hell he is better give me my money by tomorrow." He smirked. "Or maybe I could make his life a little easier and go after his father. Might save him a lot of money anyway."

She gave him a repulsive look. "You're disgusting."

He couldn't hold back a smile. "Tame... but I've heard a lot worse."

She rolled her eyes and breathed in deeply. She had to find a deal she could make with him that would result in him leaving Archie alone. Truthfully, the amount could be a lot more, and she remembered she had a few hundred dollars saved in a shoebox that was hidden in the back of her closet. Plus, her mom had some money saved in the bank. "What if I... could get you the money?"

He crossed his arms at his chest, then lifted his chin, signaling to keep talking.

"If I was able to give you the money by tomorrow, would you leave Archie alone?" She clenched her fist tightly down by her side, digging her nails into her palm.

"I would have no reason to keep badgering him."

"Okay." She sighed with relief. "I can get it to you." She relaxed her hand. "Tomorrow."

He nodded slowly and unsurely as he examined her like he was trying to dig into her mind.

"Should I meet you somewhere?" She asked.

"No."

She gave him a puzzled look.

"Just go about your day, and I'll see you when I see you."

"But how will I know when --"

"Goodbye, Elizabeth." His raspy voice cut her off. That name irritated her, and it sounded even worse coming from an arrogant asshole's mouth.

He walked over to the door and opened it. He stood there holding it open, and it took her a second to realize that he was waiting for her to walk inside first.

She did, and after a few seconds, she heard the door shut behind her. As she was walking through the bar, the conversations around her died down, and the laughter came to a stop. People were moving out of her way as they all stared respectively. Confused by the room's sudden mood shift, she looked around, then noticed Jughead following behind her. The pathway to the door cleared up, and Betty was soon joined by Veronica, who grabbed her arm and walked with her to the front door. A big man was guarding the door, then quickly opened it for them. She gave him a friendly nod as they walked outside, meeting the chilled air once again.

"Elizabeth," he called after her.

She paused, feeling her heart drop to her stomach at the name he used again. She turned around and saw him leaning his shoulder against the door frame with his thumbs in his jean pockets.

His mischievous eyes landed on hers. "I'll be seeing you."

She felt an anxious feeling swarm inside her after she heard those words flooding out of his mouth. She was automatically attracted to the melody of his voice and found herself replaying his words over and over again inside her head. Everything else in her life seemed like a distant memory she had momentarily forgotten about. 'I'll be seeing you' was like a bomb that went off inside her head--her body feeling the effects of its aftershock, and everything suddenly felt different, and a few things didn't make sense to her.

She gave a slight nod and a soft look of acknowledgment before turning around. As she and Veronica headed towards the car, Betty gave a quick look back at him, curiosity getting the best of her.

But he was gone. However, the melody of his voice still replayed in the back of her mind like a broken record, and Betty realized she was wrong.

Nothing... nothing made sense anymore.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...