They Don't Know About Us

By superstar-striker

To everyone else it seems like Elliot Griffin is living the dream. She is living out her dream playing profes... More

|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|34|
*IMPORTANT*
|36|
|37|
|38|
|39|
|40|
|41|
|42|
|43|
|44|
|45|
|46|
|47|
|48|
|49|
|50|
|51|
|52|
|53|
|54|
|55|
|56|
|57|
|58|
|59|
|60|
|61|
|62|
|63|
|64|
|65|
|66|
The End...
|65| Final Chapter

|35|

8.8K 202 64
By superstar-striker

A deals a deal soccerlover35 I love your writing so much I'm willing to release this early. I can't wait to read your chapter. And I suggest all my other readers to please check her writing out you will not be disappointed. Anyways I hope you enjoy!!!

I take a shaky breath as I psyche myself up to knock on the door. With one last deep breath I finally knock on the door. After about a minute Tyler comes to the door giving me a sad smile, "Hey Ellie". I don't say anything as I just hug the Press sibling.

Ever since Christen and Tobin declared themselves as my honourary "mom's", they introduced me to both of their families. And when they found out I don't have anyone spend holidays their families were both adamant that I was definitely coming to spend it with them.

Although I wasn't one of them, they all welcomed me into the family.

"Chris has barely come out of her room since it happened and she hasn't spoken a word to any of us" Tyler explains as we walk to Christen's room. I nod as I listen to her, "Does Tobin know?" Tyler nods, "Yeah. She knows she tried to get a plane out but the only one available was for tomorrow". I sigh and run my hand through my hair as I stare at the door trying to think how I'm going to approach this. Tyler takes my bags from me, "I'll go out these in your room". I smile at the older woman, "Thanks Ty".

And with that she takes my bag down to the guest room which has become my room for whenever I come to visit. I take a deep breath before I knock on her door. With no response I slowly crack open the door and stick my head in and my heart breaks at the sight. The room was completely dark, the light turned off and the curtains drawn. The only thing you could see was a lump in the bed hidden under the duvet and the small sounds of sobbing and sniffles coming from it.

"Please go away Tyler. I want to be alone" Christen croaks shuffling around in the bed her back still facing me. "Not Tyler" I whisper quietly. She flips around in the bed so she's now facing me and my heart cracks a bit more seeing her blood shot eyes and tears streaming down her face, "Ellie?" I smile softly at the forward, "Hey mom". She opens her arms out to me as I climb in under the covers and snuggle into her, "What are you doing here? I thought you were in England?"

I cuddle into her putting my head in her chest while she puts her chin on top of my head, "I was. But when I heard what happened I jumped on a plane to come see you". She sniffs, "You didn't need to do that". I start to play with her necklace, "Of course I did. I wasn't about to let you go through this alone Mom". She pulls back just enough to kiss my forehead, "Thanks baby".

"I would do anything for you Mom" I says. I shift around so we're now eye level lying face to face lying on our sides in the bed, "Look Chris I know how hurt and alone you feel right now. Seriously it feels like nothing will ever be same. And your right, there will be days the pain will be so unbearable all you want to do is curl up into a ball and hide from the world. I know how it feels and there is no worst pain than losing someone. But I promise it will get better. I promise you. I know it will never fully heal but I promise you that one day the gaping hole you feel in your chest right now, will get smaller and smaller and will become bearable".

I wipe the tears streaming down her face right now as my own eyes start to get watery, "You've been with me through so much and have always been by my side whenever I need you. Now I'm going to be here for you".

Christen finally bursts and starts full on sobbing so I move to hug her tight around her while she hides her face in my neck. The roles were completely reversed as I start combing my fingers through her hair and just let her cry in my arms. Once her sobbing ceases and is reduced to sniffles I pull back and look at her as she starts to wipe her face, "Feel better?" She nods slightly, "A tiny bit. Thanks El". I kiss her forehead, "Anything for you Mom. Now cmon you need to eat and the others are worried about you". I slowly get out of the bed and walk around the bed to Christens side. I hold out my hand to her and she peels back the blanket and takes my hand.

I gently lead her out of her bedroom and down to the kitchen where the rest of her family is. Christen and I pause at the door as the rest of her family stop what they were doing and look at us. I squeeze Chris's hand reassuring her everything is okay. She squeezes my hand back before sniffing and looking at her dad, "Daddy" her voices cracks from all the crying. "Oh Princess" he says opening his arms for her. She rushes over to hugs her dad tight. I stay by the door as I watch the rest of the Press family join for a group hug.

Once they break apart Christen talks with her sisters while Cody comes over to me and hugs me. "Thank you" he whispers in my ear as we switch to a side hug and watch as the siblings all share a hug finding comfort in each other. I just shrug and smile, happy to see a glimpse of the old Christen

"Anything for family"

.............

I smooth out my dress and take one last deep breath before standing up at the front of the room. My eyes scan the room as I start to play with my bracelet. My eyes land on Christen and Tobin who were sitting at the front holding hands. Tobin gives me a nod and I take a breath.

"Stacy Press was one of the most amazing incredible people I've ever met. I remember the first time I met her she had just invited me over for the holidays because she had heard I had no one to spend them with. Looking back on it now it was more of an order then and invitation but it's whatever"

The room lets out a small laugh especially the rest of the Press family as they think back to that first Christmas I spent with them. "I remember that night on Christmas day right before I was about to head to bed. I stopped to thank her for inviting me but she just waved me off and said "That's what family is for". I couldn't believe she was allowing a stranger to her into her home let alone her family but she just told me, "We're family in all but blood. Your one of us now".

I sniff as I try to ward off the tears, "She was so thoughtful and kind. She was always checking up on me and when she found out about my own grandparents she just hugged me closer and just told me I was her grandma now. She was truly one of a kind". I take a moment and wipe away a tear that was just about to fall, "She may no longer be with us but we have so much to remember her by. How kind, caring, loving and compassionate she was everything she did for us. She was fighter and she taught me how to be a fighter as well. She may not have win this fight but she will never be forgotten. She may be gone but she will always be remembered for what she did".

I step forward and stand in front of Christen and her family and hold out my hand to her. Christen gives me a small smile and holds my hand while I look between the Press siblings, "Because from where I'm standing she did I pretty amazing job". The rest of the Press family smile at me while Christen hugs me while I bury my face in her shoulder finally letting the tears fall. She holds me on her lap hugging me close while Tobin wraps her arms around the both of us. "I miss her Chris" I mumble into her shoulder. She kisses my temple, "So do I Ellie. So do I".

That's how we stayed for the rest of it. I quietly listening to everyone talk as I just sat on Christen's lap while holding Tobin's hand. Listening to everyone talk about how Stacy Press impacted my life.

............

We were now sitting on the beach just Christen, Tobin and I. Everyone had left but we just wanted to get a bit of space for a while. Tobin sat beside me as I leaned on her shoulder while Christen sat in between her legs leaning back into her.

"What you thinking about Tiny?" Tobin asks as she nudges me slightly. I just watch as the wave break and the froth rush up the sand, "The world cup". "What about it?" Tobin questions. I run my hands through the sand letting it slip through my fingers, "When I was younger, I always imagined my parents being there here to watch me play in my first World Cup".

They both sit there and watch me listening to me carefully. I grab a handful of sand and clench it in my fist watching it slip through as it watching a hour glass, "We're going to win the World Cup". I can see Tobin nod while Christen smiles. "We're going to win it for them. When we win the World Cup it's going to be for my parents and Stacy". Christen's smile widens as she leans over Tobin's knee and hugs me while Tobin wrapping her arms around the both of us. "Let's win it for them" Tobin nods.

We sit there as the sunset on the beach all holding each other. "I love you guys" Christen sighs relaxing into the hug. Tobin and I share a look before we both kiss her head, "And we love you Chris".

..............

"Jess!" I shout as I step through the door, "you here?" I hear some shuffling and a few seconds later Jessie comes out of the kitchen sliding in her socked feet. "Hi" she smiles cutely at me. I let out a small sigh, a smile gracing my face.

One of the small few I've had for the past few days.

"Hey freckles" I chuckle running a hand through my hair. "How you feeling?" She asks gently as she walks towards me slowly. I take a shaky breath and sniff, "Like I need a hug". I immediately fall into Jessie's arms and she hugs me tight holding my face into her neck. She combs her fingers through my hair scrapping her nails against my scalp while rubbing circles on my back.

Tears start to leak from my eyes and a strangled noise escapes my lips as I break down for the first time since hearing the news. That another person had left me. That I lost another person I care about. Jess shushes me and starts to whisper soothing assurances in my ear all while peppering my face with kisses.

But it doesn't work fully

My breathing soon gets eradicate and uneven. My legs buckle unable to hold me up any longer but luckily Jessie is there to catch me, like always I suppose. Jessie catches me and slowly lowers us both to the ground. She leans against the wall and cradles me into her and gently rocks us back and forth. She moved my hand to right above her heart and I clutch onto her shirt. "Listen to my heartbeat Lee. Listen too it and breath. Follow the beats and breath Lee please" she whispers in my ear.

"I-I can't" I gasp out banging my head against her chest. She holds me tighter stopping me from banging my head, "Yes you can Lee you just need to breath. You can do this. Just breath". She's starts coaching me through my breathing and finally after a few minutes it evens out and my chest opens up. "T-thank y-you" I breath out once I can. She just kisses my forehead, "I would do anything for you Lee. Always I promise".

We just stay like that sitting in the middle of the hallway me curled up in the Canadians lap. The only noise is the distance sound of the waves crashing on the beach coming from the patio door which I'm guessing is open. I pull back just enough so our foreheads are connected, "Jess?" She hums and looks at me letting me know she's listening. I trace her nose with my own my eyes tear up slightly, "Please don't leave me". She smiles lightly and kisses the tip of my nose which causing me to smile as well, "Never. I'm always going to be with you".

"Promise?"

"Always. I promise".

...............

"These next two months are going to suck you know" I sigh as I nuzzle into her neck as we lay in bed. She cocks her head down at me and gives me a weird look, "So playing in a World Cup, the highest level of professional soccer, is going to suck?"

I burst out laughing putting my forehead on her shoulder and she joins in laughing. Once I finally get my giggles under control I shake my head, "No no that's not what I mean". "Well what do you mean then?" She asks mindlessly as she plays with the end of my hair. I roll over so I'm now on top of her my chin resting on her chest with her hands on my waist slowly moving up and down my back. "Being away from you for the best part of 2 months is going to suck" I murmur lightly.

Her face softens and her hands halt at my lower back, "Yeah I know".  But a grin overtakes her face as she starts rubbing her thumb over my cheek with one hand, "But we'll still talk and you know I'll be thinking about you everyday and then before you know it we'll be back together again. Like always". I smile and kiss the skin right above the heart, "I love you so much". She smiles and cranes her head down to kiss my on the forehead, "I love you too Lee. I couldn't imagine a life without you".

I bite my lip and think for a moment, "Do you really mean that?" Her face instantly scrunches up confused, "What? Of course I do Lee. What are you talking about? Is something wrong?" I sit up causing Jessie to sit up too. I slide out of the bed and rummage through my bag. "Lee what's going on?" She asks being me. Once I finally find what I'm looking for I turn around to see Jess looking scared on the bed. I chuckle lightly as I paddle back over to the bed, "It's okay Jess. It's nothing bad I promise". She lets out a sigh of relief putting a hand on her chest, "Gosh don't do that to me Lee". I giggle and sit down beside her, "Sorry".

She takes a deep breath probably calming her racing heart, "So what is it?" I bite my lip as I try to figure out how to say it, "Well like you said, I couldn't imagine my life without you. You make my life so much better by just being in it. And I know we haven't really talked about it or anything and I completely understand if you think this is stupid or whatever I just thought-". Jessie giggles at my rant and takes my face in her hands stopping me from rambling, "Breathe Lee". I take a deep breath and calm down, "Thank you".

I finally reveal the small box hidden in my hands. Jess gasps and covers her mouth with her hands. Her eyes bulging looking at the box, "Lee...". My eyes widen once I realise what's she's thinking, "No no! Not like that! I mean we're still a bit young for that". Now it's Jessie's turn to take a deep breath and starts to listen again. I start to play with the box in my hand, "Jess there is no one else I rather have in my life than you. Your there for the highs and the lows. You are my one and only and I'm sure your the one for me. And like I said I know we're a bit young, but I wanted to give you this".

I carefully open the box to show a simple ring. It was a simple band in shining silver. "So instead I want to give you this. As a promise that one day, I'll swap it with a wedding ring" I smile. Jessie's eyes to watery as she looks between me and the ring not saying anything.

"Freckles?" I say my voice almost breaking worried she hadn't said anything. She quickly starts nodding her, "Yes". A massive grin overtakes my face as she wraps me in a hug and flipping us over pulling me onto the bed cuddling into me. She pulls away and starts covering my face with kisses. When she finally stops I grab her neck and pull her down and smash our lips together. I would kiss her forever if I could if only we didn't need oxygen. When we break away we're both panting staring into each others eyes.

I sit us both up and take the ring out so she can had a proper look at it. "Lee I love it" she breathes out as she looks at it. "Now I know you aren't big into rings so I thought you could wear it on your chain or I have a spare chain you could put it on" I offer. "And" I start as I pull a chain out from under my shirt to reveal a matching promise ring, "I have a matching one as well". Jessie takes the ring in her fingers as she starts to play with it. "Look on the inside" I grin as I nudge her. Jessie tilts her head as she looks on the inside of the band.

Forever and Always, I promise

It had become our sort of motto since we started dating. Whenever one of us needed to be reminded of how much we loved each other, we would always tell the other that we loved them forever and always. And whenever we were talking about something serious we would always promise the other.

And no matter what, you couldn't break the promise

Jessie bites her lip trying to hold off a smile but epically fails. I wipe away a stray tear that slips down her cheek. She looks up at me and leans in giving me a gentle but firm kiss, "I love it so much Lee. Thank you". I brush some baby hairs behind her ear, "Anything for you". Jessie takes off her chain and threads it through the ring and turns to me, "Put it on for me?" I nod as I delicately take the chain and put it on her neck before clipping it on at the back. I kiss the skin in-between her neck and shoulder as I cuddle into her from behind, "I Love you Jess. Your the only one for me". I don't need to see her to know she's smiles bright as always.

"Forever and Always"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 3.2K 24
Emily, a twenty-one-year-old England international leaves Chelsea and moves to the Champions of Europe, FC Barcelona. Emily spent five years at Chels...
48.4K 1.5K 31
Leah doesn't let new people into her life. She is a fairly well known "celebrity" now. She isn't sure who to trust other than those she was close wit...
60.8K 1.6K 19
Where Emily Sonnett is haunted by the memories of Victoria Young and can't get over her.
194K 5.7K 52
This story is about two twins who both play soccer and come from a rough home life. Soccer is their safe place. What happens when the USWNT visits th...