Four Horsemen of the Apocalyp...

Od CelestialShadowWolf

Final Fantasy XV x Reader Book four in the short series "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" Gladiolus x Reader Více

|| Two ||
|| Three ||
|| Four ||
|| Five ||
|| Six ||
|| Seven ||
|| Eight ||
|| Nine ||
|| Ten ||
|| Eleven ||
|| Twelve ||
|| Thirteen ||
|| Fourteen ||
|| Fifteen ||
|| Sixteen ||
|| Seventeen ||
|| Eighteen ||
|| Nineteen ||
|| Twenty ||
|| Twenty-One ||
|| Twenty-Two ||
|| Twenty-Three ||

|| One ||

1.3K 30 1
Od CelestialShadowWolf

•••========================•••
-FOUR HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE-
***BOOK FOUR: WAR***

•••========================•••

A/n: Welcome to the final book in the Four Horsemen series! It has taken way too long and I apologize! As in the other books, your hair color is predetermined based off which Horseman you pose as, but feel free to change it! Enough chatter from me. Let's get right into the story! Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••••••

Prompto stared wide-eyed at the wanted poster of Deadeye that was on display at Wiz Chocobo Post. He swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat when Noctis told him they'd be hunting down the deadly behemoth. "You seriously think we can take this thing down?"

Noctis shrugged. "Only one way to find out."

"Dude!" The blonde whined at his best friend's nonchalant attitude toward the deadly situation.

"Hey, you wanna ride the chocobos? Then we've got no choice."

"Noct is correct," Ignis spoke up as he and Gladio walked over to join the two younger boys. "In order for us to gain access to the chocobos, we must execute this beast."

"Enough chitchat. Let's get moving," Gladio stated. "You've got enough items, right, Your Highness?"

The ravenette rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah..."

The royal retinue left the chocobo outpost and headed to where Deadeye's den was located-the Nebulawood. It wasn't far from Wiz Chocobo Post as it was a five-minute hike from the outpost. Before they could even locate the entrance to the Nebulawood, they could hear the sound of trees snapping and slamming against the ground.

Finding the entrance to the Nebulawood, the four exceeded caution as they could hear even more trees falling in the distance. Eventually, they stumbled upon a narrow passageway they could crawl through.

Gladio grabbed Noctis and yanked him back before he could enter the crawlspace. Offering to go first, the shield proceeded to enter the crawlspace and lead the way. Noctis, Prompto, and Ignis followed after him, keeping their voices down when hearing a menacing growl.

Halfway through the crawlspace, the boys spotted Deadeye. The large behemoth stalked past them, failing to notice their presence. However, the beast's nose scrunched up as it smelt an unfamiliar scent. It immediately turned around and crept toward the crawlspace.

Seeing this, Gladio stopped Noctis just in time. Deadeye shoves its snout into an opening and roars. When seeing its sharp teeth, the shield noticed a round, red object lodged between two of them.

Suddenly, the royal retinues' attention was drawn to the behemoth when a sword came out of nowhere and plunged into the side of its neck. Deadeye cried out, yanking its snout out of the hole.

"What the...?" Noctis murmured, eyes glued to the sword.

"Hurry up," Gladio hissed.

The four made it out of the crawlspace and were greeted by the sound of Deadeye's thunderous roar. Alongside the beast, they heard someone yell at the top of their lungs. The group froze after realizing it was human.

"Who'd be crazy enough to come here by themselves?" Prompto asked.

"Perhaps the person who wounded the behemoth," Ignis said.

"We're gonna help them, right?"

"If we get to them before they become behemoth bait," Gladio stated.

Following the sounds of battle, the group made their way through the area of the Nebulawood that was shrouded with a heavy fog.

After pausing through the dense fog and managing to locate Deadeye's den, they climbed over a fence and stared at the ruins before looking toward the battle unfolding down below.

A young woman with fiery red locks and (e/c) eyes wielded a sword with a crimson blade. Her attire was strange and out of place.

(A/n: I imagined the outfit without the ears on the hood and the mask. And before I forget... I DO NOT OWN ANY IMAGES USED IN THIS STORY! Please go support the original artists if you like their work.)

She nimbly dodged the behemoth's attacks before leaping forward and striking. Her blade sliced off Deadeye's other horn and destroyed its other eye. Swinging its claws around blindly, the behemoth tried to strike the girl. When its claw got close enough, she sidestepped and swung her sword upward, slicing off a couple of its toes.

Seeing the appendages fall to the ground, Prompto backed away from the ledge. "So, uh... We gonna help her?"

Gladio crossed his arms as he continued to watch the fight. "Looks like she can handle this herself."

"Yeah, but..."

"Nah, it's fine," Noctis replied, his eyes glued to the battle. He watched the girl swing her blade, but his eyes widen in shock when she exchanges her blade for a javelin. He saw the familiar crystal-like shards that engulfed her weapons when they switched. Unlike his, they were a bright crimson. He blinked in bewilderment. "Did you guys just see that?"

"Quite so," Ignis answered.

"Wait, is she a member of the crownsguard?" Prompto asked.

"No way," Gladio responded. "I'm pretty sure we'd remember a firecracker like her if she was."

"Then what's with the shards?"

"I am curious as well," the advisor spoke up.

All of a sudden, the girl's javelin was set ablaze. She charged toward Deadeye, ducking under his flailing claws and eyeing its chest. She jammed the blazing javelin into the behemoth's chest, discharging the flame. The fire consumed its body, frying it to a crisp. Yanking the javelin out of Deadeye's chest, she dispelled it with a heavy sigh before stepping back to prevent from being crushed by the corpse.

Seeing it was finally dead, the redhead kicked the behemoth's head. "Dammit... Where is it?" Her attention was drawn to the royal retinue when they hopped down from the cliff and joined her. She watched them with a glare, keeping her distance and remaining silent.

"You lookin' for something?" Gladio asked, shattering the silence.

"You really think I'm going to tell you?" She scoffed.

"Let me guess: it's red and round." Her eyes widen, which made him smirk. "Looks like I hit the nail on the head. It's stuck between its teeth."

The redhead turned her attention back to the carcass of the behemoth and walked over to its mouth. Summoning a crimson-bladed dagger, she examined Deadeye's mouth and found what she'd been looking for. "About damn time." Using the dagger, she picked the orb out from the beast's teeth and wiped it off with a disgusted look. "Of course it's covered in slobber..."

Dispelling the dagger, she grabbed Noctis' attention. "Hey, where did you-?"

"Sorry, can't talk," she interrupted him. "I'm a busy person." She sauntered off, her hips swaying as she did so.

"Hey!" The prince shouted. "Wait a minute!"

"Aaand she's gone," Prompto sighed. "What do we do now?"

"Return to Wiz. We must inform him of the behemoth's downfall," Ignis replied.

"We're not gonna take the award money, are we?"

The strategist shook his head. "No."

"After all, we weren't the ones to kill Deadeye," Gladio added. "Let's get goin'." The four left the ruins and headed back to Wiz Chocobo Post.

Back at the chocobo outpost, Noctis told Wiz of Deadeye's death. The old man tried to give him the reward for slaying the beast, but he refused.

Before Wiz could ask why, a familiar redhead made another appearance. "Just take the money. I wasn't planning on using it."

Noctis turned around in disbelief. "You're really not going to take it?"

"That's what I was implying," she groaned. "Hurry up and take it or I'll give it to someone else."

"Okay..." Noctis told Wiz of his decision and took the gil from the man. When he spun back around, he saw the redhead was gone. "Dammit..."

From across the chocobo ranch, Gladio had watched the exchange between Noctis and the mysterious girl. He watched her walk away and decided to follow her a little ways down the road. He called out to her, happy it made her stop. "You just gonna walk away?"

The redhead crossed her arms with a scowl as she faced him. "You just gonna follow me if I do?"

The shield held up his hand in defense. "Take it easy, firecracker."

"Do not call me that," she hissed.

He smirked. "Feisty."

She clenched her fist. "You're pissing me off. I'm pretty sure you've somewhere else to be. Y'know, a place called Lestallum? Or are those big muscles to make up for how small your brain is?"

Gladio wasn't fazed by the insult, but he was flabbergasted at what she said. "How'd you know that?"

Now it was her turn to smirk. "Wouldn't you like to know, Gladiolus Amicitia."

Without another word, she walked away. Gladio watched her as she vanished down the road and out of sight. Still in shock, he returned to his friends and they rode away from the chocobo ranch.

<------------<<<<<

The next day, the royal retinue arrived in Lestallum. Ignis parked the car and everyone headed to the main thoroughfare. Gladio received a call from Iris, letting him know she was staying at the Leville. Deciding to not keep her waiting, they headed to the hotel.

When reaching the courtyard outside the Leville, the ground begins shaking. The four boys brace themselves to prevent from falling. "Whoa, do you feel that?" Noctis questioned.

"You mean the earthquake?" Gladio inquired.

Suddenly, Noctis grabs his head and winces. Images of Titan flash through his mind. After a moment, the visions abate and Noctis shakes his head. He wasn't worried about what he saw.

Gladio noticed the boy's discomfort and asked, "What's wrong?"

"My head just started throbbing," the raven-haired boy answered.

Prompto glanced at his best friend with concern. "You all right?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

Continuing forth, the group enter the Leville. They stand in the lobby and wait for a couple minutes. When Iris comes trotting down the stair, she smiled at her older brother. "Gladdy!"

"Iris," Gladio called out to his sister.

She then casted her smile toward the others. "Look at you guys, holding your own out there."

"What can I say? You look good," Prompto complimented her.

"All things considered. You guys are staying here, right?"

"That's the plan," Ignis said.

"When you have time, we have catching up to do," Gladio stated.

"I've got time now. Come on up!" Iris cheered.

The four boys follow Iris upstairs. They enter one of the rooms with a young boy and an old man inside.
Gladio recognizes them and called out, "Jared and Talcott! Is it good to see you."

"Prince Noctis! Iris is safe with me!" Talcott proclaimed confidently.

"Please excuse my grandson. He has yet to learn his manners," Jared apologized.

Noctis smirked at the young boy. "I like it."

"Your Highness is very kind, but we shan't impose. A very good night to you, Your Highness."

Jared and Talcott leave the room and Iris closes the door behind them. She and the boys then all take a seat. Noctis was the first to speak up. "So Iris, what was it like inside the Crown City?"

She frowned. "Not pretty. The Citadel took a beating. But a lot of outlying neighborhoods made it through in one piece."

"The empire had tactical targets in mind," Ignis stated.

"We wouldn't have made it out if it wasn't for (Y/n)."

Noctis' brows furrowed together in confusion. "Who's (Y/n)?"

"I'm not really sure myself. She showed up just before the empire attacked and escorted us out of the city," Iris answered. "We owe her our lives."

"(Y/n)..." Ignis murmured the name.

Noctis looked toward his advisor. "What's up, Specs?"

"I believe I've heard such a name from his late Majesty."

"Really?"

"Though I am uncertain."

Gladio looked back at his sister. "Think we could meet this (Y/n)?"

"Definitely!" Iris flew to her feet. "She should be somewhere near the outlook. Follow me!" She acted as the royal retinues' guide, escorting them out of the hotel and to the outlook.

Arriving at their destination, they saw only one person. They had a hood pulled over their head. Iris recognizes the person and shouted, "(Y/n)!"

The person turned in their direction, pulling down their hood and revealing fiery locks. Prompto's mouth fell agape. "No way..."

Iris looked over at the blonde. "You know her?"

"Not personally, no," Noctis responded.

The mysterious girl, now known as (Y/n), smirked. "Well, well, I didn't expect to see you four again so soon."

"Neither did we, firecracker," Gladio chortled, grinning.

The girl's smirk morphed into a scowl. "Do you want me to kick your ass? Because I will."

Iris glanced between her brother and the redhead. "How do you all know each other?"

"We somewhat met yesterday at the chocobo ranch," Prompto responded.

(Y/n) tore her gaze from the shield and glanced up at the sky. "It's getting late. I'm heading out."

"You tryin' to make another quick exit like you did yesterday?" The brute asked.

"For your information, I've got important things to do. That behemoth yesterday was a minor setback. If you're so eager to talk to me, I'll be back in the morning."

The five watch her leave. Prompto made a comment once she was gone. "She's, uh...interesting."

"I'll say," Gladio chuckled.

"Anyway," Iris chimed in. "You guys are probably tired from the drive. Why don't you take a day to relax?"

"A long nap does sound nice," Noctis confesses.

"When does it not to you?" The shield retorts.

The boy waves him off before heading back to the Leville with Prompto, Ignis, and Iris. Gladio glances in the direction (Y/n) walked before following the others.

<------------<<<<<

The next morning, Noctis went on a tour with Iris while Prompto and Ignis went shopping. Gladio, who'd been itching to talk to (Y/n), searched for the redhead. He wandered around Lestallum for a little while until he found the girl where they talked yesterday-the outlook. She was sitting on the stone railing, gazing down at the scarlet orb in her palm. Her head shot up when hearing him approach. "I swear to the Astrals, if you call me that ridiculous nickname I'll toss you off the nearest bridge."

Gladio, even though he'd only known her for two days, was starting to enjoy her fiery attitude. "As much as I would love to, I'm here to thank you and not piss you off."

"Oh?" She hummed in curiosity. "What do you want to thank me for?"

"For saving Iris, Talcott, and Jared."

"It was only coincidental," she muttered.

"Still, you saved 'em. So, thanks," he said. "Why were you in the city anyway?"

She looked away. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Try me."

She arched a brow. "Excuse me?"

Galdio repeated himself. "Try me."

A sigh fell from her lips. "My sisters and I were summoned by your late King to help with evacuation."

Of course, this made the brute even more confused. "Really? His Majesty thought four sisters could evacuate the entire city?"

"I haven't gotten to the last part," she groaned. "Are you familiar with the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?"

"Yeah." Gladio couldn't help but chuckle. "Don't tell me you and these sisters you're talkin' about are the Four Horsemen. They're just a scary story to tell kids to freak 'em out."

(Y/n) pinched the bridge of her nose. "I told you you wouldn't believe me. What was even the point in trying to tell you? You mortals don't even know the real story of the Four Horsemen..." She hopped off the railing and walked past Gladio.

Before she was out of reach, the shield grabbed her wrist and stopped her from leaving. "I'll admit, I don't believe you. Think you could do somethin' that'll convince me?"

"Like what? Summon my horse, vanish in a puff of smoke, stab myself, burn something?"

"Uh..."

The redhead stared into his amber eyes. "You think I'm crazy. To be honest, I didn't expect much." She yanked her arm out of his grasp. "Why did I even think I could try?"

"Fine, I'll bite. Let's say you and your sisters are the Four Horsemen. What did you mean by mortals don't even know the real story?" Gladio asked.

"You wanna bear the truth? Fine."

***

Four souls were pulled from the four corners of Hell, gifted with abilities no human, god, nor daemon could comprehend. Each soul was given one of four aliases that accompanied their powers-War, Famine, Pestilence, and Death. Now dubbed the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse by the Daemon King, Aeshema, they were sent to a world between the living and the dead known as the Inner Sanctum-a domain where the Four Horsemen would reside and keep order of the monsters who relish to break the seal preventing them from entering the world of the living and quenching their bloodlust.

With the seal preventing the monsters from escaping to the land of the living shattered, the Horsemen were tasked with traveling to the bustling world to hunt down the monsters that escaped and kill them before humans fell victim to their bloodlust. Once each Horseman slew their share of the monsters, they would be granted passage back to the Inner Sanctum.

Once the Four Horsemen reached the gateway and entered the portal, they arrived in the land of the living. Famine, Death, Pestilence, and War went their separate ways and disguised themselves as humans in order to walk among the living and hunt down the monsters incognito without startling the lives around them.

***

Gladio stated at (Y/n) in disbelief. The redhead rolled her eyes. "You wanted the true tale, you got it. I'm a warrior, not a storyteller."

"Isn't it missing details?" He asked.

"Well, yeah. It's still in the making. That's why it kinda sounds incomplete." Even though she knew he didn't believe her, she went into deeper detail. "In order for me to return to the Inner Sanctum, I must slay a pack of bunyips and a dullahan that escaped. In order to complete my mission, I can't dawdle around here and perform tricks like a dog just to try and convince you I'm a Horseman. Besides, I don't care if you believe me or don't. It doesn't change my mission. Have fun escorting His Highness to Altissia." (Y/n), once again, gave Gladio the cold shoulder and left.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

23.8K 871 19
"𝔩𝔢𝔱'𝔰 𝔪𝔞𝔨𝔢 𝔦𝔱 𝔬𝔲𝔱 𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔳𝔢 𝔦𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔠𝔯𝔲𝔢𝔩 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔩𝔡" 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖉: 1-1-21 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖕𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖉: 4-23-21
759 22 4
Final Fantasy X and XV. Contains mature content. Minors, do not interact. NO REQUESTS.
1.4K 49 15
Justa bunch of random one shots I write in the middle of the night. Some will be x readers others will just be short fanfic stories... Enjoy!!<3
21.5K 794 14
[𝐊𝐚𝐳𝐮𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐲𝐚 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫] 𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝, 𝙆𝙖𝙯𝙪𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙖 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙖...