The Foster Girl

By EmilyGinder

Maleah grew up in hundreds of foster homes because of the abuse from her parents as a child. She moves around... More

About Maleah
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7

Part 8

26 0 0
By EmilyGinder

We all ended up falling asleep in the places we were sitting. When we woke up I realized it was time to get up and ready for school. Brittany is only a Sophmore so just got her license but no car, so we all cram in my car. It's me and Toby in the front, Natalie on Mackenzie's lap, Ashley on Kendra's lap, and Brittany chillin on the floor.

"Ya'll look comfy." I say teasing them. I see them roll their eyes. I laugh as we pull into the school. We look like we own a clown car with all of the people getting out. 

"Hey, someone had a sleepover." I turn around to see Anna standing against the car next to us. I slam the door and I notice I am slightly mad that she just blew me off yesterday for whatever the hell she was doing. It must not have been THAT important if she didn't even tell me about it. Or the other way around... 

"Only because somebody didn't even text me back or acknowledge my existance yesterday." I say while walking away and running my fingers through my hair. She scoffs and follows me. 

I feel her hand grab my shoulder, I stop and whip around as I tear her hand off my shoulder. "Don't touch me!" She cringes and my words.

"I had things I needed to take care of before we could continue talking. I would love to explain. You just wouldn't understand!" He swallows her words hard as she looks up at me searching my face for expression. I show nothing.

"What did you need to 'take care of' that you couldn't tell me?" I cross my arms and hold my tongue so I don't say too much more.

She takes a deep breathe and looks around us and if checking for something. "Sarah. She still calls me baby and babe, and is having a lot of trouble letting me go. I with I could say the same about her, but I can't not while wanting you so bad. I had to go cut her off and tell her we couldn't be together. So, I did just that. I want to give 'us'  a chance." She gestures from her, to me, and back to her.

"I don't know what you want me to do. I don't know if I'm ready for a relationship. I also don't know if I like that you went to see Sarah without even talking to me!" I look her in the eye. "Give it time, we've known eachother for like 3 days. I like you, I do... I just don't know how you react to some things and/or act around people I'm friends with." I side smile and walk away. I feel her watching me and hear her sniffle to smbolize she's crying. 

I continue to walk. I know I don't like pity so why would she? Noticing the time, I should really be at my locker I pick up the pace and hurry to my locker. I see a couple new girls scavenging around the halls to find their classes. Out school rarely lets in male students because we have little females in our district anyway and they want to "even it out."

I do notice some stares from people but it's probably just because of my outfit choice. I am wearing skinny jeans, black leather heels, a red ruffly top with a pretty low neck-line, my hair is curly, and I am wearing a leather jacket to top it off. In my opinion. I look hot.

"Hey hotty! You look pretty damn fine." I hear a group of ghetto boys yell as I past them to get into my homeroom. I flip them off and kinda check the one in the middle out. He's decent and not as much of an asshole as his friends. I can tell he is shocked I payed him any attention but he nods and walks up to me.

"Hey." he takes my books and smirks as he slips a piece of paper in my planner. I look up at him confused as he takes me to the correct classroom and hands me my books. 

"How did you know?" I look at the door way and turn to him. 

"You stand out. How could I not know? Everybody knows.." He giggles and kisses my cheek before walking away. I slightly blush and bite my lip. I remind myself it's just another boy and just another day. Nothing new.. I walk into class

Right in front of me sits a new girl. Her hair is embre, from brown to blonde. She is very attractive from the back, can't wait to see the front. I watch her for a couple of minutes and then I see her turn around. She has blue eyes and she a very structured face. I can tell she's Native American. Her skin is tan. Not spanish, but golden. Those eyes stick out like no other. 

"Hi, what page are we on? I'm totally lost." I lie. I know exactly where we are. I need to talk to her. 

She turns to me "One hundered and fifty-two." her voice is soothing. I don't reply, I just look at her in fascination. She blushes a deep red. She then takes my book and turns to the page. I repeat her. "One hundered and fifty-two." I write my number down and slide it to the end of the table. She takes it and hands me my book. Her number is there. I giggle and memorize the number. 

Class lasts forever and it's almost relieving to hear the bell. I realize I still have other classes and groan softly causing her to look back at me as we walk through the door. She kind of just leaves. I walk to Blaine's locker I see a Freshy slip a note in it. I grab it from her hand before she slips it in. I glare at her causing her to walk away. I open his locker and find multiple notes. I take them out of jealousy. I look through his bag. 

I pull out one of his shirts. I throw it on and leave my leather jacket in his locker. It's a little baggy so I tuck the front in, and continue to second period. Mackenzie and Kendra walk up to me and hand me an envelope. I look it over and they know what I'm going to ask. 

"It's for Alicia Bennet's Sweet 17." they mock the name. "Most of the Senior class is invited, all the Juniors, most Sophmores and a few Freshman. But there's some people from another school. Well 3 other schools." I look around to see that everyone has one. I smirk.

"So, are you guys going to bring someone? Or are we planning on meeting someone when get there?" I set my stuff down and rub my hands together.

They exchange glances. "We though you and that Annabelle were getting exclusive..?" I shrug as the teacher walks in. Mackenzie sits to my left and Kendra to my right. To show them that me and Anna are nothing I put my hand on Kenzie's thigh and she closes her eyes and leans her head back and I officially cannot wait until this party. I sigh.

Class ends soon, especially because it's a shorter period. I quickly walk to my locker. I just want to grab my 3rd period things and get there. I'm almost positive that girl who sits in front of me in my 1st period class is in my 3rd, too. 

As I arrive at my locker I see Carter flirting with her. I walk up to Carter and play the girlfriend card. 

"Hey Cart, Melissa called me. She wants to know why, being your girlfriend and all, that you don't reply to her texts anymore." I say with a smirk and guide him away with my fingers on his shoulder. I turn to her.

"I never caught your name." I say twisting my locker combination into my locker. She smirks.

"Luna. My parents met under the moon, so they thought it was suiting." she says with air quotes.

I look at her once again in astonishment. "That's a beautiful name! Almost mesmerizing." I exchange my books and lean along my locker looking her over.

"What would your name be?" she has a slight accent, I just can't tell what it is. She blushes a light pink. I can't tell if my gaydar's off but it is rarely wrong.

"Maleah. My mom's favorite character in a book her mother read to her everynight since she was young." I trail off. "She died like an hour before I was born so there's the origin." I rn my fingers through my hair and staind up straight.

"Did you change? You were wearing a red shirt earlier." she looks me over trying to remember.

"Oh, yeah.. I wasn't feeling the other one too much. I borrowed it from a friend. He shouldn't mind." I shrug and fix my shirt so she can read it. I don't even know what's on it. She smiles. I get lost in her smile.

"Oh wow! I love that band! I am going to see them this summer, but I have no one to go with. My aunt got me 4 tickets and so far, I'm the only one going." I look down to see it's an 'In This Moment' shirt. I flip!

"OMG! I would kill to go to that concert!! I was supposed to go around 2 years ago and I got moved." I hope she didnt' notice what I had just said. She digs in her wallet.

She pulls out a ticket and hands it to me. "No need for homicide! Just take a ticket. Maybe we'll go together. I would like that a lot." She hints off.

"Then it's a date!" I smirk. "Save those 2 other tickets for friends. Or we could set friends up. I have this friend of mine named Blaine. He's single and fiercly attractive! You know anyone?" I look around looking for Blaine... no luck.

"I actually sold the other two to some of my moms friends. They payed four times the origin price for all 4 of the tickets... per ticket." she flashes the money out of her purse. Damn..

"Okay, then it's just you and me!" I pop up and down on my heels. She giggles.

"Guess so." she walks away from me and I realize we are in the same 3rd period class. I sit next to her and we continue to look at eachother while the teacher babbles on and on about a book we were supposed to read, that none of us read. I now know who I'm going to spend the night with after that party. As I think about it I lightly blush and she does the same, without even knowing what I'm blushing about. 

--Ok, are the chapters too long? too short? not enough action? tell me what you think! <3--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

0 0 16
lesbian 17 year old teen moves to Houston Texas with her mom to start a new life. she meets the girl of her dreams, but the story dose not end there...
3.2K 36 24
Young female, named rose, stumbles on an unexpected lifestyle. As she tries to figure out her path,after 9 years of being away from home, this South...
17.3K 427 31
Maya Hart. Age 15. Abusive father. Scared little brother. Mother is missing. *Trigger warning*
1.1M 31.5K 52
17 year old Tasariah ( TAH- SAR-RIAH) best know as riah, lives with her drug addicted mother (Tasha) and her little sister (Tashay). Shes been throug...