The Phantom's Carol (Phantom...

By sarahlet2999

Carol is the orphaned daughter of a merchant and singer. in a house fire her whole family died and she was le... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1 - Welcome Death
Chapter 2 - Snow Angel
Chapter 3 - Beneath the Opera House
Chapter 4 - Deal
Chapter 5 - An Old Friend
Chapter 6 - Carly
Chapter 7 - Idea
Chapter 8 - Hugs
Chapter 9 - Family
Author's Note
Chapter 10 - How
Chapter 11 - Phantom and Phantomess
Chapter 12 - Sick
Chapter 13 - Trouble
Chapter 14 - A Phantom's Warning
Chapter 15 - Marriage
Chapter 16 - Swan Song of Love
Chapter 17 - The Truth
Chapter 18 - Free of the Mask
Chapter 19 - Past of Pain
Author's Note
Chapter 20 - The Song
Chapter 21 - Gone
Chapter 22 - The Phantom of the Opera
Chapter 23 - Insanity
Chapter 24 - Meeting a Friend
Chapter 25 - Closure
Chapter 26 - Lost and Found
Chapter 27 - Children
Chapter 28 - I Do
Chapter 29 - Failure to Fail
Chapter 30 - The Perfect Child

Epilogue - The Rest of the Story

2.3K 114 53
By sarahlet2999

Carol's POV:

Life went on as normal. Erik and I were the Phantom and Phantomess of the Opera until our age denied us that privilege. By then Nadir was old enough and he had taken to haunting the Opera House for us. He wasn't as cruel as Erik but was a master with the Punjab lasso. Erik had taught him well. Rochelle did become a famous ballerina and was much loved by the people of Paris. She lived with us and then with Nadir when we left the Opera House. No one even asked why she disappeared every night and returned each morning. Noel took a great interest in medicine and became a famous doctor. He had been shocked when he learned that Rochelle and he weren't our children. He hadn't ever thought about it when he had been younger. But he didn't seem to mind. We were still his family.

Daroga married again soon after Nadir's birth. She was a widow with two children of her own. They had one of their own and lived quite happily. Daroga was a very attentive husband. His oldest step-daughter Desiree fell quite in love with Nadir and they were married when he was twenty and she eighteen. Daroga was only slightly pleased with his step-daughter becoming the new Phantomess of the Opera but she turned out to have just the right touch.

Erik and I moved into a small flat in a wealthy part of Paris and he never left the house. Part of it was the fact his years were catching up to him and part of it was because he was still a wanted man. We would read the paper about our son and his wife and couldn't help but laugh. It was strange to think that if I had died that night in the snow I wouldn't have ever become part of a great dynasty. The dynasty of the Phantom of the Opera.

Author's POV:

Nadir and Desiree lived to a ripe old age and had three children. The oldest was just like his father and grandfather. He moved into the fifth cellar as the new Phantom of the Opera and soon after a ballerina vanished. Two weeks after that the Opera House had a new Phantomess.

And so it went. Every twenty to twenty-five years a singer or a ballerina would disappear. A little while later the Phantom would announce his new Phantomess. Who knows, maybe one day soon another Phantom will rise up to take control of the Opera House and steal once more, the heart of a girl and reply the old story of the love of a monster.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.9K 2.1K 31
Erik is lonely, very lonely. What happens when he finds a young seventeen year old, who is just as lonely as him. Fear can turn to love, right? [Mod...
18.4K 325 20
When a young school girl goes to visit the Opera Popular for a school trip, she wasn't expecting to get kidnaped by a masked ghost. Will Dior fall in...
31.2K 1K 21
Erik thought he had seen all weirdness and cruelty of the world. Well until he meets a chorus member who changes everything with an odd twist. She wi...
9K 406 39
Nathalie Rivera was a talented musician and writer. After many years of being on the run she returned to Paris. She found that one of her favorite Op...