Zodiacs Undercover

Por jimmyandthebadge4eva

Zodiacs with powers gotta stay incog while doin' their jobs while juggling the drama and stress of high schoo... Mais

Foreword
The Characters
Chapter 1: New Meetings and New Friends
Chapter 2: Explanations
Chapter 3: Leo, Training, and Weapons
Chapter 5: Mission Two,"Miss Invisible"
Chapter 6: A Nice Chat Between Matrons
Chapter 7: Mission 3, "Circus"
Chapter 8: Rules & Virtual World (Part One)
Oh my. I'm Tagged Again.
Another Tag! I'm horrible!
Chapter 9: Virtual World, Stage 1

Chapter 4: Mission One, Code L

326 11 47
Por jimmyandthebadge4eva

(try and guess what the L stands for and what the mission is)

(VERY IMPORTANT A/N: Libra now has minor telepathic powers. There might be a lot of italics in this chapter because of that.)

Nobody POV

"This. Is. Legit," Leo announced the next day at lunch. "It's like a comic." 

"Keep it down," Virgo reminded him. 

Aquarius stuck his fork into his spaghetti and expertly twirled it. "Well, duh. Just remember that you're not allowed to do anything suspicious at school." 

"Especially when you're stressed, feeling unwell, or tired," Gemini added. "You're more prone to accidents that way. Trust me." 

"Ohhh. Hear that, buddy? More sleep is in order for you," Leo said, nudging Taurus, then wincing. "Owwww." 

Taurus was wearing a black button-down short-sleeved shirt with black pants, and they were all full-body-armored. He smiled a little. "Sorry, Leo." 

"Well, I'm prepared too," Leo said proudly, producing his golden pen, which when uncapped transformed into a golden sword and still could write normally. "Capricorn is my best buddy right now." 

"Yep!" Gemini grinned and patted her necklace, which doubled as hidden knives. 

"I'm actually a bit surprised," Virgo commented. "Usually we only stay at a school long enough to complete our missions. I don't why Ursa still hasn't called over Moon and messed with memories so we can slip out easily." 

"Do you not stay at one place for too long?" Taurus asked. 

Aquarius shook his head. "No. We've got an entire desk full of our fake IDs that Capricorn has given us. It's almost ridiculous." 

"'Cause it is," Gemini grumbled. "There are so many other things I'd like to fill a desk with." 

"Speaking of that," Aquarius said, his expression turning serious, "We've got another mission. This time Ursa wants me, Aries, and Taurus to go." 

"Good, I need a break to relax at the pool," Gemini said, stretching. "So, what does she want you guys to do this time?" 

"She's located the next Libra," Aquarius said, giving Taurus a fake ID. "The Libra is at a high school not that far from here, Greenfield High. It shouldn't be that hard. From what I hear, she's rather sleepy and almost always has headphones on her ears." 

"Sounds like you," Virgo muttered. 

Aquarius cast a freezing glance, then returned to commander-mode. "I'll get you later for that. Anyway, we're going as soon as school lets out. Hopefully nothing will go wrong this time, but be ready for anything." 

-----------------

Aquarius was not kidding. Not mere moments after Taurus said bye to Leo and stepped out of school did Aquarius grab his arm, pull him into a shadow where Aries was already waiting, and they instantly teleported to Greenfield High. 

"Okay, gang," Aries said, adjusting her belt (which was filled with explosives and weapons) "This school lets out an hour later than your school does, so technically we've got an entire hour for this mission to work. Moon has already worked on their memories so that when we pop in they won't question a thing, plus Capricorn has installed an image disorientor. Aquarius, stick with Taurus because he's a bit new. Contact me through these earpieces if you find her. And don't act rash." 

"You're one to talk," Aquarius said, sticking the earpiece into his ear. "Remember, no flames if necessary, okay?" 

"Okay, okay," she grumbled. "Ready to kick butt and roll?" 

Taurus simply nodded. "Not when you place it like that," Aquarius said, rolling his eyes. Sometimes she's even more childish than we are... 

"One more thing." Aquarius leaned over and, using a plain hair clip, clipped Taurus's bangs slightly to the sides. "You stand out too much as is it with your ponytail, so might as well show your eyes a little. Plus, no one can resist those eyes of yours." He was oddly pleased when he the other getting slightly flustered. 

"Oh-kay, if you guys are done with your bromance, let's go," Aries interrupted, winding her long red into a high bun and sticking a hairpin through it (that also doubled as a hidden sword). "Thankfully, this place doesn't have any dress code rules, so I'm pretty sure we can get away with our outfits." 

They slipped in pretty easily, as she'd said, and took a seat near the back in the shadows right as class started. 

Then again, they didn't have to look far. 

Libra was asleep in the back of the classroom, completely oblivious of the world around her at the very minute. It wasn't hard to find her at all. She was indeed wearing headphones (though she wasn't listening to any music) and was dressed in a hoodie that also doubled as a blanket and fluffy pillow. 

So, that's her, huh? Taurus jumped slightly when he heard Aries's voice echo inside his head. He also heard her laugh inside his head. Relax, buddy, this is just a form of telepathy that the earpieces have. I can't actually read your thoughts or anything, unless you consciously force them out.  

Though that would be interesting. A new voice joined their conversation-Aquarius. Anyway, when should we make a move? She looks fairly okay, if not slightly more sleepy than the normal person would be. 

After school would be good, Aries suggested. Does this place have a courtyard? But we'd better make this decision quick so I can contact Capricorn and tell him to shut down the cameras and drive away the people from that area after school. 

Checking the map now... there's a courtyard all right, Aquarius said. We'll slip her a note. But we're also going to have to keep tabs on her the entire day so that she doesn't forget or tells anyone. 

Guys? Taurus tried out the connection. I feel like there's someone else that's pushing their way in-

DAMN RIGHT THERE IS!!! 

All three people flinched when a fourth, extremely angry voice blasted its way in. 

The hell?! Aries asked. Who's that? And how can you communicate with us? 

It's Libra, Libra said. The other three turned to glance at the still-serene-sleeping-looking Libra, though there was a slight furrow between her brows. I have minor telepathy. Usually I don't try and make communication with people like this but when you hear someone talking specifically about you and then staging something that sounds suspiciously like a kidnapping OF COURSE you want to intervene! 

We're sorry if that sounded suspicious to you, Taurus said.

We're not going to kidnap you, Aquarius added. Just come with us after class ends and then we'll explain everything. 

Fine. Libra yawned. Ugh... dammit, you guys made me tired... I get tired easily when angry. See ya, and NO FUNNY BUSINESS. I'll be reading your thoughts too. And she left, though there was still a lingering sensation of her presence as if to remind them that she was still listening. 

So... that was easier than I'd thought it'd be? Aries tried. At least now we don't have to go through the hassle of a note and etc. I'm contacting Capricorn right now to shut the cameras down at 4:00 p.m. 

I wonder what power she has, Aquarius wondered idly. She's got to have two powers or at least something like me, since the sign of a Libra is a scale, so one side will be something completely different from the other side. 

Am I under that category too? Taurus asked. 

No, Aquarius said, frowning. And that's where you're different. Unlike me, your two powers are completely separete and not manifested in your body in any way. It's completely physical and outside. If you were like me, say, only your left hand could use ice and only your right hand could use electricity. 

...Oh. After a second he added, Do you think I could try copying Libra's attacks too? 

You could, Aquarius said. But it'd depend on her ability and how far away it is from yours. 

WAIT WAIT WAIT BACK UP, Aries roared. YOU CAN COPY ATTACKS?! 

Sort of, Taurus said. I don't think I could copy your fire, though, because fire and ice are so opposing, but usually I modify an attack I think will be helpful to fit my abilities. 

A beat of silence from Aries. ...I'd like to fight you sometime, Mr. Newbie. 

If you want to, Taurus answered. I'd be honored. 

Aries grinned. Great. I may or may not go easy. I'm a martial arts master, you know, so I don't always rely on my powers alone.

So am I. 

Her eyebrows rose. Interesting. You look kinda weak and innocent, I'll tell you that, but Ursa believes you've got a ton of potential. I hear she's going through the trouble of finding an orb instructor for you. 

That's 'cause there are barely any orb users, Aquarius said. And before that, she's going to have an electricity instructor train him. 

Wow. Taurus faltered. That's a lot of instructors. Is that really necessary? 

For you? Yes. 

Don't worry, in case you're worried, Aries said, her tone becoming less fiery, Instructors are usually chosen with the person they're training in mind. So unless you really piss them off, you should be fine and end up with a buttload of power at your fingertips when you finish. Which, by the way, I wouldn't recommend, she added hastily. Instructors are usually highly ranked and crazy powerful. 

We haven't even finished training yet, Aquarius noted wryly. 

True, true. Well, actually, Capricorn is teaching himself, Aries mused. With Virgo as an 'apprentice in hacking'.

Not true. He still has a telekinesis and super strength teacher, Aquarius argued. How do you think he manages not to kill himself in his Workshop every day? 

Taurus listened to all of this with fascination. 

I'm sorry, are we ignoring you? Aquarius suddenly asked, seeming to remember there was another person there. 

N-no! Not at all! Keep on talking! I find this pretty fascinating, actually...! Taurus said, unable to stop himself from feeling flustered. He was confused. Why does Aquarius always make me so flustered? 

He heard Aquarius chuckle in his head and immediately flushed bright red when he realized that he'd heard his last thought. Looks like you're more prone to teasing than I thought you'd be. 

I might actually vomit, Aries said dryly. You guys are even bro-bonding during class using a telepathic method. Can't get any cooler or weirder than that. 

Oh be quiet, Aries, Aquarius said, annoyed. I'm just teasing. 

That earned him a loud (telepathic) sigh. Yeah, yeah, I know, I've seen you heartlessly tease girls to make their hearts collapse for you and then leave, without any feelings whatsoever. 

Do you really do that? Taurus asked. 

Aquarius grinned wickedly. Maybe. I do that to boys too. That's what I'm doing to you right now, though I'll be kinder and not crush your heart. If you had my personality you'd do that. You've got the looks for it. 

He's right about that, Aries chimed in, also grinning wickedly when she saw Taurus flush again. Woah-oh-oh! You weren't kidding! And here I thought you were all stoic! 

Luckily, class ended before the two of them could team up and tease Taurus relentlessly. (ha so many Ts)

----------------------------------------

(Hope you liked that, just a bit of convo between the zodias! I wanted to try out the whole 'telepathic conversation' thing. I really like Aries for some reason, her personality and aspect is kind of based off of Misa in Charlotte, and she's dead but I still love her, so...That's a good anime, by the way.)

"So," Libra said, yawning. "During class you mentioned that you wanted to talk? Should we do this telepathically?" 

"Sure, this will go easier that way," Aquarius agreed. 

First, tell me your names, Libra said, voice ehcoing in their heads immediately. 

I'm Aries, the previous leader and now second-in-command, Aries said, waving cheerily. I have pyrokinesis. She lit up her finger, and Libra's eyes widened at the sight of the small flame. 

Ari, I thought we agreed on no powers until we got to the facility, Aquarius reminded her. 

Oops! 

Anyway, I'm Aquarius. 

And I'm Taurus, Taurus said, offering a small smile. 

Libra yawned again. What was that about being impatient to go to the facility via a... device or sorts? Or was that teleportation?

The other three shared a look. 

Um, so, while you're around us, we'd prefer it if you didn't read the minds of other people carelessly, Aries said a bit gently. Personal reasons. 

Libra blinked. Sure. The reason why I sleep so much anyway is because the other minds of other people are so fascinating to listen too. It's much more interesting than what the teacher is teaching us. And if I don't like or don't want what I hear I can just pluck them out and 'give' them back to the person I got them from. 

Interesting, Aquarius said. Well, that's good. I was just about to chide you for being nosy. 

We don't think you're nosy, Taurus quickly amended. Just maybe... more well-informed than others bit be. 

Libra smiled sleepily at Taurus. My, aren't you nice? Finally, someone who is moderately kind. 

HEY! Aries protested. I'm highly offended by that comment. 

Aquarius didn't even try to deny it. It's true, I'm a little devil. I'll spare you. 

Not that your tactics would work on me, Libra said. I'm interested in two things: sleeping and the thoughts of other people. That's it. Nothing else interests me that much. 

Do you sleep so much because of your ability? Taurus wondered. My temperature would always go crazy whenever I used my ability too much. 

Libra nodded. My left side generates shadows and darkness, and my right side generates a blinding light that calms people down. Using both at once really drains me. 

So she's like you, Aries mused. Another Aquarius-style power manifestation. 

What do you mean by that? 

My left side has pyrokinesis, Aquarius explained. And my right side has ice abilities. It's split just like you, except they're different powers. Taurus has two abilities as well, but they're not fused into one body. 

Libra rubbed her eyes and when her hands fell she seemed more awake than they'd seen her so far. Really? Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one like that. So you'll be my 'trainer'? You know, since our power manifests in similar ways?

Maybe not, Aquarius said. Since your two powers are different from mine. I'd most likely just teach you how to handle both powers and when to use which. Taurus has electricity and ice, so I'm teaching him in the ice element. Ursa, our boss, our babysitter, our landlady, look at it whatever angle you want to, usually would go any tap into her many, many heavenly connections and find an instructor fitting to your needs. 

Oh. Libra paused. I'd rather sleep, honestly. I learned how to refine my power mainly by sleeping. I guess you could say I was being 'dream-mentored'? I always got visited by a spirit of sorts and when I woke up I could do new things. 

That's so cool! Taurus exclaimed. I can't do that. 

Interesting, Aquarius said. I've never heard of learning an ability like that. 

He-LLO, Aries interrupted loudly. Not to interrupt anything, but people will think it's suspicious that we're just standing here and not doing anything! Let's get moving already!

Hasn't Capricorn already turned off the security cameras? 

Yes, but can we please just hurry up and bring her to the facility so she can take the Clicker Test? Aries asked impatiently. I may not be your leader officially anymore, but I'm still second-in-command!

Aquarius sighed loudly. Fine. 

Yay! Aries fished out the round teleportation device onto the ground and a moment later they were teleported out. 

-----------------------------------------------

Libra was literally sleeping on her feet by the time that they stumbled into the main hall. 

Ursa clapped happily. "Good! We've got our newest recruit, I see! And she already knows what her powers are so no need to use the clicker." 

Cancer waved happily. "Hi! I'm Cancer, nice to meet you, Libra!" 

Libra opened one eye. Nice to meet you too, she transmitted. He yelped. "Woah! What was that?" 

"It's called telepathy," Capricorn said. "I'm Capricorn." 

"By the way, where are Gem and Virgo?" Aquarius asked. "Pisces I know is probably mixing up some more assassination items or healing potions, but it's unlike those two to skip out on meeting a new recruit."

"They're rescuing a young woman from a bar," Ursa said, waving a hand. "Quite dramatic, really, and so very ridiculous, but they were bored out of their minds so they're playing superhero right now." 

"So, tomorrow, are we gonna find the Sagittarius?" Cancer asked eagerly. 

Ursa shook her head. "No. We're going to find the Scorpio first since the Sagittarius is currently far away and traveling in a circus. We'll wait until they stop nearby then move." She looked at Libra. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't explain, did I? Well-" 

"It's okay," Libra said sleepily. "I already plucked out all of the information necessary from your brain. It sounds tiring, but I guess I can do it." 

Ursa clapped. "Great! Zodiacs, prepare yourselves." Her eyes gleamed. "I hear that our Scorpio is rather elusive." 

-------------------------------------------------------------

There we go! Next up is Scorpio! 

I might go back and add the part where Libra gets her arms inventory later, but not right now. I'll let you know when I do.

Later! 

-A.A.C.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

36.7K 408 32
twelve high-school constellations navigating their way through powers, drama, an evil dude, and a lot more. enjoy, or don't - i wrote this in sixth g...
OHMYGOD Por juice chen

Ficção Adolescente

27 1 3
This is a story about new gods. It started in a human high school and a gods' academy. The protagonists weren't campus idols, but students entangled...
KILLUA [NOVICE MADE] Por k

Mistério / Suspense

480 78 19
This world is crap. I want something more. But maybe more is bad. I can see things others can't. I've hidden it as a secret. It all happened with a c...
Older Brothers Por candycat27

Ficção Adolescente

382K 7.9K 43
Drama. Drama. Drama. That pretty much describes my life. I mean when your living with your 7 older brothers, 5 cousins, best friends, and a 3 month o...