Cakes, Country Clubs, and the...

Par wondergracie

Little Bites Cupcake Bakery employee meets big shot Styles Incorporation CEO. What could go wrong ? Answer:... Plus

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 2

159 8 17
Par wondergracie

"See ya Harry! Make sure you keep it down for us" Sabrina calls, as she pulls me further down the hallway of the second floor. "Can't have you damaging these young innocent ears".

And with that we tugged through her bedroom door, leaving a furious looking Harry on the other side.

•••

While making my way up to Sabrina's room, treading quickly behind here in hopes to escape Harry's angry stares, I couldn't help but notice the gallery of frames decorating the wall. Over 20 different photographs were displayed beautifully, taking up a majority of the enclosure near the staircase.

I'd been to Sabrina's home a number of times, however we always seemed to stay away from the upstairs living portion of the mansion. I never really questioned why, however the fact that I had just recently discovered the existence of the 'secret brother', I wasn't quite sure what else she chose to keep from me.

For all I know her brother could be in a world famous boy band that I seemingly know nothing about because all I do is sit at home in my bed and flip through Netflix shows. Of course, completed with all too occasional trips to the fridge.

No need to judge.

I personally tried my best not to probe around in other people's business and respect the privacy and personal space of others. But, you can't blame me for wanting a few answers.

For one, why the heck would Sabrina hide that god of a man she calls a brother from me? Hasn't she taken into consideration all the cute babies we could make together. The two of us together could bless the world with another living spawn of him and those beautiful green eyes.

Finding myself wondering into my thoughts much too often, I shake my head hoping it will help me float back down safely to reality. And as it does, my eyes immediately shift to the center piece image of the photo gallery. Pictured is a small smiling Sabrina tucked protectively under Harry's arm, both beaming with smiles. It was obvious that the pictures were taken ages ago due to the obvious braces Sabrina wore and childish grins the two shared.

The image completely counterd the interaction I had witnessed between them just minutes before, the two practically at each other's throats. Their younger versions looked much too happy to be the same two people standing in this house now.

Yet, that's just something time can do to people. Make them bitter.

Knowing I once again got distracted in my own thoughts, Sabrina gives my shirt a light tug to urge me to continue following her up the stairs. However, before I completely divert my attention back to her, another small hanging print catches my attention, this one much smaller than the last. From where I was, all I could make out was the outline of two side hugging figures. But of who, I wasn't sure.

I squinted my eyes in hopes to get a better view of the image, but before the fuzz could clear anymore, Harry steps in front of it, blocking it completely from my visibility. His annoyance is beyond obvious, and his clenched jaws just goes to prove that. His large tattooed arms are crossed aggressively over his chest, another apparent observation of that.

A dumbfounded look takes over my expressions as I just continue to gape at him, not quite knowing how to react, to being caught by him, snooping.

If you can even call it that. The photos are literally on display. It wasn't as if I was purposely poking around.

This man needs to find whatever 6 foot long stick is stuck up his butt and pull it out because this attitude I'm receiving is beyond unnecessary.

And now I sound like my mother... Come on Harry, you're already giving me grey hairs with this weird fascination I have on you.

I turn away from his confining glare, feeling restless and rattled by the silent exchange. In need of the extra support, I grab onto the rails of the winding staircase, in hopes that it keeps my wobbling knees from giving out from under me. It only does so much to help, but the little stability I'm given in enough for the time being. But, deep down, I know in the future that I'm going to need a lot more than just a railing to keep me afloat with this man's dynamic personality and more than possible mood swings.

I receive a worried glance from Sabrina, her taking notice of my whitening knuckles, but with a flick of my hand, I usher her to keep going up. I'm desperate to escape Harry's excruciating stare at the moment.

'''

After what feels like hours, when in reality it was only just minutes, we make it to Sabrina's room. At the sight of her giant king bed, I immediately launch myself towards it, disregarding my belongings to the floor in the process.

As I land, my body immediately sinks into the foam of the box spring and I lay across, starfish style. "Ohmygod what the heck is this bed made of. Polyfoam or something?" I question, sinking further into the mattress. A soft sigh falls from my lips, the exhaustion of the day just hitting me.

So much information, with more holes and missing details than actual answers, were unearthed today, and learning about them completely wore me out in the process. Although unproductive, it was anything but uninteresting.

"No, I actually think it's like dove feathers or something. Some expensive shit Harry ordered from one of his investors I think."

I shoot up, giving her a confusing stare. "Investors? What the heck does he do. He looks like he's about 20 years old. I don't understand how he can be that loaded. And more importantly" I gape "Since when do you have a smoking hot brother". "I-", but before she can even begin to answer, more questions start flooding out of my mouth.

"And he's british! Spoiler alert, I don't know if you noticed or not, but I'm pretty sure you don't have an accent. I've been over here plenty of times and never seen him. And you never mention him" I continue to, mumbling my last few words.

I'm trying my best to piece together what the heck is going on with the little information I have, yet I have a feeling I don't know anywhere near the half of it.

With that in mind, I let out an audible groan, pulling at the ends of my hair in hopes that it takes my thoughts off whatever the heck is going on right now. Sabrina's still by her open doorway, shaking her head as if she can't grasp the idea of it either. That, or she's pitying me for my lack of understanding.

And suddenly one of the things she says hits me.

I launch off the bed, staring at it as if it magically burned

"THIS BED IS MADE OF A BUNCH OF DEAD LOVE BIRDS" I practically scream.

"That's really what you'r-" but once again Sabrina is cut off by a short knock on her open door.

"Seriously, what the heck is with everyone cutting me off today. I can't get a break", she mumbles, displease present in her voice. However, the disregard her comment, tearing my attention to the sound.

Dressed in denim shorts and a matching brass button coat, evidence of a skimpy red top poking out from underneath the layers of denim, a young woman, about the age of me and Sabrina, if not a year or two older, stood inconvenience near the door opening. One look at her and I could already feel the dislike fuming from my body. Whether it be jealousy for her looks or situation, I wasn't quite sure yet.

Her outfit practically screamed "I'm about to steal your man and there's nothing I can do about".

Well you're probably right little Miss small top, but you're gonna have to at least to try to stop me...

The girl was tall and thin, yet toned in all the right areas. Long brunette hair laid perfectly groomed straight over her shoulder, a complete contrast to my frizzy brown locks. Perfect body, perfect face, even perfect hair. Seems like Harry's type...

With the look of distaste on her face, there was no doubt about this girl being his lady friend both Sabrina and I mentioned earlier. The one and only 'Rylee'.

Her green eyes bored into my own brown ones, giving me a silent death stare as she looked me over, a few words slipping past her lips. "Do you mind, Harry and I are trying to concentrate downstairs", a small scoff following along with her statement.

"Concentrate on what? Finding different ways to stick your tongues into each other's mouths" Sabrina mutters, my hand coming up over my mouth to hide the loud cackle I make in response.

"What did you just say?" she seethes, her eyes narrowing into thin slits. A small gasp falls from my friends lips, me thinking it being from her being caught. But instead another comeback surfaces from Sabrina's mouth.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" she gasps, her hands coming up to grab the sides of her face dramatically. "We didn't mean to disturb you and my brother while you two were trying to 'concentrate'" she continues, using her fingers to create little quotation marks. "I'll make sure it doesn't happen again".

"Thank-"

"Oh wait I forgot I could care less about what you're doing down stairs with Harry".

With that, I completely lose it, falling back onto Sabrina's dead bird bed, clutching my stomach as the laughs continue to spill out. Believe me, I knew she was sassy, I've encountered the wrath of it many times first handed. But I often fail to remember how absolutely hilarious it can be to witness in person, especially on someone like Rylee.

With her comment, the other girl's face begins to flush, from both embarrassment and anger. She crosses her hands stubbornly across her chest and turns on her heel, getting ready to stomp out and back down stairs to her waiting company, until another question slips from Sabrina's mouth. However, this one is more sincere.

"We're about to order some food, do you want any pizza too", Sabrina questions, myself still laying on the bed trying to recover from Sabrina's last comment.

"I can't. I'm on a no carb, no fat, no sugar, and no lactose diet" the opposite brunette chides, one hand still resting on her propped up hip.

With that both Sabrina and I's mouth fall open.

"What the hell do you eat? Air?" Sabrina exclaims, genuinely curious how she could survive like that. "Well at least make sure Harry doesn't suck all out of you when you guys are done doing whatever you're doing, but I don't know what's left for you to survive on after that".

Another wave of laughter falls from my lips and I genuinely give up on trying to hide it anymore.

A small scream emits from the back of Rylees throat, her hands thrown up in exasperation from undergoing Sabrina's cruel but comedic comments. Her stomps can be heard all the way down to the end of the staircase, as well as a small wailing "HARRY".

"And don't forget to use protection! I'm too young to be an aunt" she yells into the abyss of the overhead living area.

When Rylee is completely out of sight, Sabrina immediately heads for her phone, quickly typing in her passcode, Debby Ryan style, and putting it up to her ear. Staring at her, I give her a questioning look, confused as to who she's calling and for whatever reason.

Her on the other hand, can't keep the, at first, small smirk that's growing to take over her entire face. The smirking face that I know all too well, and can mean only one thing from her.

Trouble.

A few seconds pass and whoever she was trying to reach finally answers their end of the line.

A single line falls from Sabrina's lips.

"Hey Niall, yeah, I'm going to need that pizza delivery right about now".

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

2.2M 116K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
8.8K 188 61
"Whether we're from different schools, different states, different countries, i will Always follow you."
70.8K 1.7K 34
Before you read this, make sure you read Love at the Forum!
351K 14.1K 44
Arlie Addams, the biggest actress in Hollywood. At the top of the world; she stars in every movie, is on the cover of every magazine and is sought-af...