But I love her

由 Just_peachy21

Adrien Dunlap is the son of the famous Conor Dunlap, football star. Conor wants him to follow in his footstep... 更多

Before you read
Character aesthetics
1~news
2~the fight
3~Aria
4~dinner
5~the park
6~hospital
7~picnic
8~thursday
9~pep rally
10~game time
11~barbecue
12~kathy
13~urge
14~headache
15~date
16~drama
17~dance
18~defense
20~hickey
21-planning
22~surprise
23~steak 'n shake
24~homecoming
25~homecoming
26~max
27~ october 29 pt.1
28~october 29 pt.2
Epilouge
Last authors note

19~clear

154 5 2
由 Just_peachy21

"First of all we'd like to say congratulations, we're happy for you" Maverick started.

"You've got one hell of a girl," Xander said.

"Thanks," I said cautiously. I definitely wasn't expecting that.

"With that said" Maverick drew out.

"We're gonna have to warn you"

"You hurt her"

"And your dead"

First of all how'd they do that. Second of all I already know this I've known Maverick since I was in third grade.

"Yes I know and I don't plan on hurting her."

"That's what they all say," Xander said.

"Okay I've been warned"

"There's some rules you need to follow," Maverick started.

"Okay" I can deal with some rules easily.

"One, no skipping class together" Xander said.

"Two, keep away from extreme public PDA. We're okay with kisses and hugs and normal couple stuff but if you makeout with her in public you will not be able to father children" Maverick said seriously.

"Three, don't break her curfew. I will be up when she comes home, " Xander said.

"Four, no sneaking on her phone to see if she's texting any other guys or some shot like that, trust her."  Okay that's a given only a douche would do that.

"Five, no sneaking out," Xander said.

"Six, keep it down in front of parents and other adults" another given.

"Seven, the most important, no sex! Y'all are both way too young wait till marriage" Xander all but yelled. What the hell? There's no way in a million years I am ready for that. I've been taught to wait till marriage and respect girls.

"Is everything understood?" Xander asked.

"Yes" I knew if I broke any one of those rules I would be unable to father children or dead on the side of the road. They meant business and I respect that. I know how much they care for Aria.

"Seriously man, we're really happy that you and Aria are together."

"I called it the moment I saw y'all two together" Xander spoke.

"Thanks guys and I swear on my mother that I won't break any of those rules"
***
"Are you ready, son?"

"Yeah" I said, trying to hide my nervousness. If I didn't pass this test I wouldn't be able to play next week against our rivals the anacondas. Weird mascot for a school but they're the only natural predator of the jaguar.

It's been a week since I've asked Aria out. Our game against the anacondas is in a week. Honestly I'm really scared not to be playing them but I'm scared I'm going to let my team down if I'm allowed to play or not.

"We're here," Dad announced.

This test isn't a normal history or math test. No, this is a concussion test. If I pass I can start engaging in physical activity again, meaning I can start playing football again. If I fail I have to stay on the sidelines.

Most of the symptoms for my concussion are gone. I don't have light sensitivity anymore, I don't get major headaches, only small one every few days, and I can focus in school better.

"Son you're going to be fine"

"Thanks dad" I hopped out of the truck.

Ding

I looked at my phone as I walked into the clinic.
***
Good luck! Call me when you find out!💕💛

Okay sounds good 👍

Just got here signing in now

Keep me updated!

I will
***
After about twenty minutes of waiting I finally got called back for this test. Normally someone wouldn't be so nervous about a concussion test but this test is my future. I've heard scouts are going to be at the game and if I can't play, the chances of me going to those colleges with a full ride scholarship are lower.

I did the normal vision and balance tests. Concussion tests are so easy.

"Okay so your good there's no sign of head trauma. I don't want you to go straight into your normal workouts. I want you to start off by light jogging and throwing the ball around during practice for about two days then you can start easing your way into fullcontact by starting with noncontact drills and stuff like that for two days then your ready to go back to fullcontact and you'll be ready to play by Friday." The doctor said.

"Okay, sounds good," I said nonchalantly.

"Get accurate hours of sleep and try to stay away from the video games a little bit"

"Yes ma'am"

"You're good to go," she said.

"Thank you" I said before I walked out of the door and back to the waiting room where my dad was.

"How'd it go?"

"Good I'm clear I have to ease into it"

"Yeah thought so"

"I'm going to call Aria and Maverick I'll be right back"

"Ok I'll wait here"

I called Aria first because I promised.

"Hello?" A little girl asked.

"Lavender? Why do you have Aria's phone?"

"I was playing a game"

"Can you give the phone to her so we can talk?"

"She's in the shower"

"Okay I'll call her later. When she gets out tell her I called, alright?"

"Okay"

"Bye"

"Bye bye" she said happily before I hung up.

Okay time to call Maverick.

"You've reached Maverick's voicemail, leave a message or whatever" Maverick's voice came from the device in my hands.

"Learn to pick up your damn phone I have news"

I went back inside and dad had paid and gotten the doctors note.

"Let's go son" dad said, walking right back out of the door. We got in the truck in silence, nothing but the radio playing so low we could hardly hear it. "How'd the phone calls go?"

"Aria was in the shower so lavender answered. Maverick went to voicemail"

"Sorry"

"I can call them back later"

Finally we got home and I grabbed nsome chips and went to my room. I looked at my phone and realized Aria texted me. 

Babe I'm sorry, I got in the shower and totally forgot!🤦‍♀️

It's fine Ri seriously

Wanna come over? You can tell me the news there and we can hang out.

Sure be there soon baby

Okay
***
Knock knock

I knocked on the door waiting for someone to answer the door. I was shocked to see Jackie answer.

"Hey Jack what are you doing here?"

"Hey Adri I was just hanging out with Xander and you?" She hugged me tight.

"Aria invited me over"

"Oh okay she's in her room" I started to walk up the stairs but turned around.

"Jack, do you know why Maverick isn't answering his phone?"

"Dad came home last night he's just spending time with him"

"I totally forgot. Why aren't you with him?"

"Right now he's hanging with Maverick, he needs him more. I'm grown up I can wait."

"Okay" with that I walked up the stairs and into Aria's room. I knocked twice before going in. "Hey baby," I jumped on her bed and put my head in her lap.

"Hey," She said, planting a kiss on my forehead.

"Whatcha doin?" I asked like Isabella from Phineas and Ferb. 

"Watching Netflix"

"What are you watching?"

"Phineas and Ferb" she laughed. She shut her laptop and looked at me. "So what's the news?"

"I'm clear"

"That's so exciting! I'm so happy for you!"

"I have to ease into it though to make sure nothing bad happens"

"Will you still be able to play Friday?"

"Yeah"

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong," I lied.

"Babe I'm not an idiot I can see it in your eyes, what's wrong?"

I let out a loud sigh "I'm scared I'm going to let my team and my father down"

"Why would you think that?"

I sat up and looked her in the eye."I've been gone for two weeks Aria. That's a long time to be without any exercise or practice"

"It could have been longer. It could have been six weeks. Who knows? it could have been for the rest of the season. Be glad it was only for two weeks."

"I'm thankful for that, I really am. It's just there's going to be scouts at this game and I want to make a good impression"

"There's going to be scouts? That's so exciting"

"Not when you're this nervous. My dad will kill me if I don't get a scholarship for football. I need scouts to see me play as much as possible."

"Why? Why would he kill you?"

"Two reasons. One, he wants me to follow in his footsteps but instead of 'ruining my life' by choosing a girl he wants me to go to the nfl. Two, we can't afford to pay college tuition without it."

"First of all you don't have to be your dad, it's your life not his, you get to choose what you want. Second of all I'm sorry."

"Thanks but you know I don't need your pity"

"I don't pity you I care for you there's a difference" she pecked my lips but I pulled her back into my lips.

I cupped her cheek with one hand while pushing her into me with my other hand on her waist. Her hands entangled in my hair pulling slightly. My lips departed from hers. She breathed heavily as I trailed kisses along her jaw and down her neck. She giggled when I got to the crease of her neck. I lingered there slightly nibbling on her skin. I trailed back up her neck and our lips connected once again. I broke our lips apart and rolled her over so my body hovered over hers. I kissed her softly which she gladly returned. Deepening the kiss once more. Our lips departed again leaving a breathless Aria under me.

"Did you mean it?"

"Mean what?" She tilted her head.

"Do you really care for me?" I mumbled.

"Of course I care for you" she moved her hands from my hair to my chest. "Why would you ask that?"

"Because some people I can't trust when they say they care" I'm talking about my dad.

"Well I would never lie to you"

"Promise?" I already know the answer.

"How's this for a promise" she leaned up and kissed me. After what felt like five seconds but was probably about a minute we broke apart again.

"That is a damn good promise, baby" I dropped my body to the side of her and we cuddled.

"Do you want to come to my house for dinner?" I asked her.

"Sure, let me get dressed"

"Why? I think you look great"

"I'm wearing sweats and a hoodie" she looked down at her body giving a look saying 'are you serious?'

"And look beautiful in it" 

"Ugh fine just let me do my hair" she whined.

"What's wrong with your hair?"

"Babe, it's in a messy bun"

"I already told you, you look beautiful"

"You're the best" She pecked my lips.

"I know" I said smartly. She playfully hit me in the chest. "Ok let's go"

I had gotten to the bottom of the stairs to see that Aria wasn't behind me.I walked back up stairs and picked her up bridal style.

"Adrien what are you doing?" She squealed.

"You're too slow" I grumbled.

"Where are you two going?" Mrs. Smith asked.

"To Adrien's for dinner " Aria said still in my arms nuzzling her head into my chest.

Mrs.Smith smiled sweetly. "Okay sweetie y'all have fun, be back by eleven" she kissed her daughters head and went to the kitchen to cook dinner.

"Bye mom" she called. Once we got to the door she asked "Are you gonna carry me all the way to the car?"

"Yes, do you not like it?"

"No no no I like it" she nuzzled her head farther into my chest.

"I thought so"
***
"So Aria, has my boy been treating you good?" Granny asked, cutting into her pork chops.

"Yes ma'am" stuffing her face with Mac and cheese.

"Well that's hurtful" I teased. "You think I would ever treat her badly?" I put my hand over my heart feigning hurt. "It pains me" as much as I tried to, I could stop the smile spreading over my face.

"Oh shut up"

Aria laughed quietly.

"He really is a good boy but if he treats you wrong tell me okay? I'll give him a whoopin'"

"Yes ma'am" Aria let out a little laugh.

"How's your knee?" Dad asked.

"Sore but I'm fine you don't have to worry about me"s

Silence loomed over the table.

"Aria, have you been thinking about what college?" Dad asked.

"Well I want to study psychology. I've been thinking a lot about Clemson, Auburn, and the university of Alabama. Specifically Clemson."

"That sounds nice, dear" Granny said.

"We're trying to get Adrien here into Clemson too," Dad said with a smile on his face. I looked down at my food clearly not interested in this conversation. Aria must have sensed my uncomfortableness because she changed the conversation as fast as she could.

"These pork chops taste very good," she said, taking one of the last bites of her food.

"Thank you Aria. That's very kind of you"

"No problem Mr. Dunlap."

"Oh please call me Connor"

"Ok then Connor"

"Did you know scouts are coming to watch Adrien on Friday?" Dad asked, aiming his question at Aria. I stood up immediately not finishing my food before I left. I took my plate, washed it off in the kitchen, and went to my room.
***
Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter! Adrien's finally clear!! What do you think about his dad? I really liked writing this chapter! Comment vote and follow!
             Until next time,
                    𓆉Kylagrace21𓆉

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

150K 2.2K 38
Short small high school romance Riley Smith. A ordinary teenage girl her mother has passed died to cancer. The only thing she has left is her Father...
405K 11.2K 26
||COMPLETED|| "I love you..." I had whispered. I sat there staring into the eyes I've come to know as beautiful. I smiled at her. A small smile crep...
280K 4.5K 24
Meet Arianna Bode, she's sweet, nice, caring and maybe everything he wanted.... Meet Nate Williams, the once legendary player but now totally whipped...
480K 13.2K 64
No commitment. No more heartaches. Just kissing. Could it really be that simple? Nate Herond. He's the guy everyone adores. Quarterback of the footba...