They Don't Know About Us

By superstar-striker

To everyone else it seems like Elliot Griffin is living the dream. She is living out her dream playing profes... More

|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|35|
*IMPORTANT*
|36|
|37|
|38|
|39|
|40|
|41|
|42|
|43|
|44|
|45|
|46|
|47|
|48|
|49|
|50|
|51|
|52|
|53|
|54|
|55|
|56|
|57|
|58|
|59|
|60|
|61|
|62|
|63|
|64|
|65|
|66|
The End...
|65| Final Chapter

|34|

8.9K 207 88
By superstar-striker

*Time Skip*
     2019
"This is so good" Jessie moans as she eats one of the chips. "I know right" I giggle as I wipe some curry sauce off the corner of her lip causing her to blush. "Don't act all cute now I'm still mad at you" I say faking a glare at her. She pouts at me fluttering her eyes at me, "I'm sorry" she says in a baby voice. I shake my head, "I can't believe I brought you to Arsenal and you had the audacity to talk about Liverpool. Of all teams you pick LIVERPOOL". But she just shrugs with a cheeky smile, "Not my fault you played for the wrong team". I stare at her shocked mouth dropped open, "I can't believe you just said that. How are we even dating?".

She grins as she leans in closer and whispering in my ear placing a kiss underneath my earlobe making me shiver but I would never admit that to her, "Because you love me". Resisting the urge to kiss her I brush some hair behind her ear and boop her nose, "And I love you. So fricken much".

We were currently in London (England) as we decided to take a small trip before all the madness of the world cup begins. I thought it would be a good idea to show Jess around London before we both had to knuckle down and get back to training with our national teams.

And right now I was showing Jess my favourite fish and chips place. And I think it was safe to say she liked it.

We finished up the last of our food before I threw away our trash and started on the walk back to the hotel. Daan had offered to let us stay in my old room but knowing Daan she would have barged in on us kissing and then the whole of the Arsenal team would know within the hour. Jessie and I have been together for 3 years and no one has figured out we're dating.

The only people who knew we are dating is Jessie's family who we decided to tell seeing as we thought they should know. Who said it was about time we told them and welcomed me into the family happily. And although we haven't told them, it seemed that both Daan and Teagan both had their suspicions about our relationship but have never outright asked us so we never confirmed it.

The last 3 years have been the greatest of my life. I was in my Senior year of college and was all set to graduate at the end of the year. I had been playing with the National Team and have been building a name for myself and have been building a bigger platform along with the others to help promote our stand for equal pay as well as our lawsuit. And I got to spend nearly everyday with my girlfriend playing soccer and I was about to go into my first world cup. And I was all set to announce my new project after the World Cup.

Life was absolutely perfect

"What are you thinking about?" Jess asks snapping me out of my daydream. I just shake my head and give her a bright smile, "Just how perfect the past few years have been". Jess hums, "It had been pretty great hasn't it?" I drop my hand out of my pocket and slips it into Jess's hand, "Well I mean I'm graduating college this year, I'm about to go to the World Cup and I've been dating the most perfect girl for the past 3 years".

Jessie's face that was already red from the British cold got even redder as she tried to hide her face in her zipped up jacket, "It's been pretty great hasn't it?" I chuckle as I see Jess shake a small bit from the cold the tips of her ears gone red. I pull her to a stop as I slip off my beanie and pull it onto her, "LA has ruined you. Can't even handle the cold". She just leans in close to me, "Well it's a good thing I have you to warm me up don't I?" "Always" I smile as I lean in and kiss the Canadian. Thankfully it was late enough here and due to the cold weather there wasn't many people out right now meaning we could act like this without having to deal with the media.

I smiled into the kiss as I moved to snake my arms around Jessie's neck which her hands rested on my waist but flinch as pain shoots up through my shoulder. "You okay?" Jessie asked concerned as she leans her forehead against mine. I just nod slightly as I try to ignore the pain in my right shoulder. "Is it your shoulder again? You really need to get it checked out Lee" Jess sighs but I just shake my head and give her a quick kiss, "I'm fine I promise. It's no big deal".

Jessie gives me a look, "Lee you were almost hit by a car. It is definitely a big deal". I let out a big sigh as I think back to a few weeks ago when Jess and I were at the farmers market with a few others.

Flashback
"I seriously think you have an obsession" Teagan laughs as I nibble on a strawberry. I roll my eyes, "There are worst things to be addicted too". Jessie giggles, "You always have strawberries and blueberries no matter what season it is". "They're healthy and delicious so leave me alone" I argue.

The two laugh at me as Teagan checks her phone, "The others are just buying a few things and then we can head back. I texted then saying to meet us at the gate". I nod as I swipe Jessie's smoothie and takes a swig. "Hey!" She whines as I shrug and just wink at her as she just shakes her head and steals one of my strawberries.

We were in the middle of talking about the World Cup when I heard a small child calling out, "Mommy? Mommy where are you?" I looked around to see a child around the age of 6 was wondering around the groups of people clearly lost. I hand my box of strawberries off to Jessie as I nod at the kid, "I'm going to go see if I can help".

I don't wait for them to reply as I start to gently push my way towards the small child. The child not being able to find their mother started to cross the road. "Hey! Stop!" I shout as I start to hurry up trying to get to the kid. The small girl had clearly heard me and had stopped in the middle of the road and turned around.

But that's when it all started to go to shit

It seemed like the entire market had stopped as everyone heard the squeal of tires against the concrete. On my left there was a car speeding down the road, not even driving in a straight line as it swerves onto the pathway narrowly missing a few shoppers hitting a market stall. It violently swerves back onto the road

Right in line with the small child

People were doing one of three things. Everyone was either too busy either getting as far away as possible from the car trying to get out of the danger zone, frozen with fear in their spots just watching what was happening or they were one of the jackasses who had their phones out recording the whole thing. And the little girl in the middle of the road one of the ones to freeze.

I start to rush through the crowd pushing people out of the way as I try desperately to get to the kid, "Kid! Watch out! Get out of the way!" But nothing, the kid couldn't move as they just watch the car race towards them. I stumble as I people vicious push past me but luckily I catch myself before I fall flat onto the pavement. When I look up I see I have seconds before the car hits the child.

And in a split second decision I keep running

I can vaguely make out people shouting behind me calling my name but I ignore them as my only focus is on the kid. I say a silent prayer as I grab the little girl and then dive out of the way as the car starts to swerve again barely missing us. I hold the child close to my chest and then turn to I take the brunt of the impact my right shoulder colliding hard with the curb. I let out a grunt as I try to ignore the throbbing in my shoulder and I just hug the child closer to me.

"Elliot! Elliot! Come on Lee please open your eyes" a voice shouts as my eyes stayed screwed shut. The voice starts to talk to me again as I felt their hand caress my head, "Please Lee. Please be okay". I open my eyes to see Jessie kneeling over me with Teagan standing behind her. When Jess sees me open my eyes she lets out a shaky breath, "Oh thank god. Did you get hit Lee?" I shake my head and move my attention to the small child shaking in my arms, "Hey hey you okay?"

She just nods and I give her the once over. Visibly she doesn't seem hurt although she is very shaken up. I sit up with the girl on my lap and see the chaos around us. There's a crowd around us trying to see if the girl and I are alright and it looks like someone has called the police as well as an ambulance as I can hear sirens coming closer. I stick my head up to see the car had driven a few feat down the road only to have crashed into a pole.

I hand off the child to Jess and grunt as I get up, "Watch her for a bit while I check on the driver". Jess starts to argue but I stop her, "I'm the only one qualified and they might need help". Ignoring all the pain I slowly make my way to the car. The only real damage done to the car was the impact from the pole at the front and scratches on the side probably from driving into the market stall.

I open the door and start to access the situation. The driver was completely out of it but still awake. He had a nasty cut down the side of his face, the blood running down the side of his face and into his eye causing him to squint. But then the smell hits me.

The car smells like a fucking brewery

I lean over and look at the passenger seat to see at least 5 bottles beside him spilling onto the seat. I unclick his seatbelt and drag him out of the car and push him up against the side of the car, "What the fuck were you doing?" It pisses me off more that he's so drunk off his ass that he can't even reply he just stares at me confused. Furious I grab him by the shoulder and press him against the car, "What the fuck were you doing? It's only 12 o'clock who the hell drinks this early?"

But he only tilts his head at me and tries to push me off of him. But I hold tighter and slam him back onto the car, "What the hell made you think you get get behind the wheel and drive! You nearly killed someone!" Before I can do anymore I can feel someone come up behind me wrap their arms around my waist, "Lee I need you to calm down". But I don't move a muscle, "But he..." "I know and the police are on their way but I need you to stop. Please Lee".

I glare at the man in front of me but sigh as I let go of my hold on him and turn around only to be engulfed in a hug by Jess who whispers soft reassurances in my ear allowing me to slowly calm down in her arms. When I pull away Jess starts to smooth the top of my head, "Where's the girl?" Jess nods off to the side, "She's with Teagan. I wanted to make sure you didn't do something you would regret later". I just nod before I fall back into a hug and bury my face in her shoulder. I knew this was being recorded and would be everywhere within the hour but I honestly didn't care at that moment and just wanted to be held by my girlfriend.

Soon the police come up to us and I just point in the direction of the man who is currently sitting slumped against the car, "He almost hit a little girl. He's drunk and completely out of it. Barely knows what's happening". They nod and thank us before going over to the driver. I just turn and walk over to where Teagan and the little girl are with a paramedic and another woman who I guess it the child's mother seeing how she's holding onto the child tightly. Once she spots me she bolts up and comes over to me and hugs me tightly.

I awkwardly hug her back as she starts rapidly thanking me but I just smile softly and shake my head, "It's okay. Really. Is your little girl alright?" Her head nods so fast I'm almost scared she'll hurt her neck, "She is thanks to you. I can't ever repay you for saving her". I shake my head again, "It's alright. I'm just glad she's okay. Can I talk to her?" She just nod and leads me over to the little girl who Teagan is trying to make laugh. I kneel in front of her and give her a smile, "Hi what's your name?" She plays with her fingers and let's out s mumble, "Ellie". I grin at her, "Well my name is Elliot. But my friends call me Ellie too".

She looks up at me shocked, "Really?!" I nod playing along with her, "Yep". She smiles brightly revealing her toothy grin to me, "That's so cool". I nod as I hold up my hand for a high five which she happily accepts. I talk to the girl while she gets checked out by the paramedic but I get interrupted by a hand on my shoulder. I turn around to see a police officer from earlier, "Sorry but we're going to need a statement about the driver before we go". I just nod before turning back to my name twin, "Well it look like I have to go but you be good for your mommy okay?" Ellie nods and gives me a hug causing me to smile and hug her back gently.

I follow the policeman off to the side away from everyone else in a quieter area so I give my statement. Once I'm finished he thanks me and I walk over to where Jessie and the others are waiting. "There's the hero of the hour!" Olivia cheers when they spot me walking over. I roll my eyes and I stand beside Jessie, "Shut up". Teagan claps me on the back but I wince and grab my shoulder, "Shit! Fuck!".

Everyone stop and looks at me and Jessie looks at me, "Are you okay Lee?" I give her a forced smile and nod, "Yeah. Yeah I'm fine". I try to go walk again but Jess grabs my sleeve and stops me, "Bullshit. Now tell me what's wrong". The rest of the girls look at Jess in shock as she rarely ever curses while Jess and I have a stare off. "Jess I'm fine" I say but Jess shakes her head, "No your not".

I look at Jess silently pleading with her to drop it but she holds my gaze and doesn't falter and tugs on my jumper sleeve, "Off. Now". I sigh finally giving in and start to slowly take off my jumper. Once I pull the hoodie over my head Jess immediately starts to pull at my t-shirt trying to see my shoulder, "Jesus Lee you need to get this checked out now". I turn my head and look over to see the back of my shoulder was all bruised taking up most of my right shoulder.

I shrug her off and fix my t-shirt before pulling back on my jumper, "I'm fine Jess". "That looks pretty serious Ellie. Maybe you should get it looked at" Karina starts. I wave them off and give them a reassuring smile, "Guys it's just a bruise. I'm fine I promise. Now let's get out of here before something else happens".

I didn't even need to look back to know all the girls were looking at each other trying to figure out what to do before all deciding to follow me. I continue walk before I pause realising something.

"Where the hell are my strawberries?!"

Present
"I still can't believe you almost got hit by a car" Jessie whispers quietly leaning her forehead against mine. "Almost being the key word" I grin. But she just rolls her eyes at me, "Yeah. You avoided a car only for a curb to fuck your shoulder". I pout, "Your mean". She laughs softly before her face softens.

"I really think you need to get it checked out Lee. You might make it worst if you don't" Jess says as she gently rubs over my injured shoulder. I give her a quick kiss, "I promise I'm fine. If it starts to really bother me I'll get it checked out deal?" She sighs but nods, "Deal".

I smile and lean in but just as we're about to kiss I pull down my beanie so it's covering Jessie's eyes. "Hey!" She whines while I giggle. I look around and see the street is empty and I cup her face and kiss her. She gasps slightly before kissing back. I can't help but smile into the kiss as Jessie blindly grasps my waist pulling me in closer. Ignoring how cliche the situation was as the two of us stood in the middle of a empty street kissing like in some hallmark movie, I was just focusing on how happy I was in that moment. Everything was perfect and for once everything in my life was falling into place.

Until it wasn't

We both groan as my phone starts to ring making us break the kiss. I giggle as I see my beanie is still covering Jessie's eyes. I fold the beanie up so Jess can finally see me again and she gives me a cheesy smile as I answer the phone, "Hello?"

The smile on my face instantly drops as I listen to the person on the other start to talk. I don't even reply before I hang up and stare down at my phone. Jess sees the change in my mood and becomes concerned, "Lee? What's wrong?" But I just continue to stare at my phone, "Uh I-I need to go now. I need to go". I slip out of her hold and take off down the street towards our hotel. Jessie follows close behind me calling my name but I don't stop as I keep going. But I should have known that Jess would have caught me as she grabs my wrist and stops me, "Lee talk to me. What's wrong?"

She gently takes my chins and forces me to look at her and is shocked to see tears in my eyes, "Lee what's happened?" I start to breath heavy as I hold onto Jess's coat in a death grip and shake my head, "She...she". Jessie leans her forehead against mine and puts my hand over her heart trying to stop an impending panic attack from happening, "Lee who was that on the phone?" I gulp before I answer not wanting to believe it

"It was Christen's sister. Their mom just passed away".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 3.2K 24
Emily, a twenty-one-year-old England international leaves Chelsea and moves to the Champions of Europe, FC Barcelona. Emily spent five years at Chels...
114K 2.2K 28
Aleid van Alstine has been representing the Netherlands since she was seventeen, kickstarting her career at nearby club FC Twente, before moving to G...
87.3K 2.7K 45
15-year-old Katerina Steele was a prodigy; academics were her life, but football was her escape. Due to her gifted academics, Kat was given more opp...
205K 4K 75
Emma have a pretty dark and complicated past. Love never goes her way, parents never existed and being bullied. But what will happen when she get a c...