๐—›๐—ข๐— ๐—˜ || sasusaku

By ASTRAGAZER-

โ๐™’๐™š๐™ก๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™š ๐™๐™ค๐™ข๐™š, ๐™Ž๐™–๐™จ๐™ช๐™ ๐™š-๐™ ๐™ช๐™ฃ.โž โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค IN WHICH Uchiha Sasuke fulfilled his promise to Haruno Sa... More

Prologue
Chapter One: A Day With Sasuke
Chapter Two: Meeting The Parents
Chapter Three: Fulfilling The Promise
Chapter Four: The Girl He Would Treasure
Chapter Five: Team 7
Chapter Six: The Journey Begins
Chapter Seven: The Land of Steam
Chapter Eight: The Untold History
Chapter Nine: The Strongest Kunoichi
Chapter Ten: Mission Concludes
Chapter Eleven: A Start of Something
Chapter Twelve: Towards Sunagakure
Chapter Thirteen: Fall, All Over Again
Chapter Fourteen: A Night Under The Fireworks
Chapter Fifteen: Abducted
Chapter Sixteen: Into Enemy Territory
Chapter Seventeen: The First Date
Read
Chapter Eighteen: The Only Thing I Can Give You Right Now
Chapter Nineteen: Back To Where They Started
Chapter Twenty: Sasuke's Birthday Celebration
Chapter Twenty-One: Through Liquors and Apologies
Chapter Twenty-Two: Crest
Chapter Twenty-Three: Something Peculiar
Chapter Twenty-Four: Training Part 1
Chapter Twenty-Five: Training Part 2
Chapter Twenty-Six: Happiness
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Two Weeks After
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Barbecues and Tomatoes
Chapter Twenty-Nine: A Sudden Turn of Events
Chapter Thirty: Wherever You Are
Chapter Thirty-One: Parting Gift
Chapter Thirty-Two: For Until we Meet Again
Chapter Thirty-Three: Interlude-Sakura's Dream
Chapter Thirty-Four: Interlude-Sasuke's Dream
Chapter Thirty-Five: Interlude-Sasuke's Trial Begins
Chapter Thirty-Six: Interlude-Sasuke's Desire
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Interlude-Sakura's Determination
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Interlude-Sasuke and Sakura
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Snow-Filled Evening
Chapter Forty: Talk About The Future
Chapter Forty-One: Warmth in The Midst of Cold
Chapter Forty-Two: Women can be Friends Too
Chapter Forty-Three: What The Future Holds
Chapter Forty-Five: Home
THANK YOU
Epilogue

Chapter Forty-Four: The Light that will Illuminate the Dark

11.6K 466 258
By ASTRAGAZER-

Does darkness exist? Is there really such a thing as evil? Sometimes those random thoughts would cross Sasuke's mind just because. He doesn't really know why, but perhaps because he has a fair share in experiencing those kinds of things and then suddenly getting whisked out of that place and into a world of light and hope that he started to contemplate whether darkness really does exist or it was just merely the absence of light.

A clan that treasured love more than anything. So was the once feared clan of the Land of Fire. But then they became a clan branded as traitor, with its members thriving in the darkness for power. It was such a sad story how the Uchiha Clan had almost ended in one night of a bloodthirsty massacre, burning with it was the Clan's long history as one of the founder of the Land of Fire.

But people always say, that at the end of every dark tunnel, there is light.

And perhaps the long time Sasuke spent walking through that tunnel would finally end as the new light will illuminate the dark path of the Uchiha.

"Are you sure you can travel?" Sasuke asked for the nth time as he look at Sakura who was putting around her cloak.

"Sasuke-kun, I'm fine. I know my body more than anyone." And of course, Sakura had to reassure the Uchiha every time he asked that question.

The data analysis took a day longer and Sasuke had to restrain himself from throwing unnecessary profanities at Orochimaru for purposely delaying the deciphering of the scroll for one more day. Sakura's birthday was yesterday and Suigetsu overheard them talking about it. So instead of keeping quiet, he announced to Orochimaru, Karin and Jugo that it was Sakura's birthday and they had a small celebration together with Yamato.

And today, Sasuke and Sakura are getting ready to depart as soon as possible.

"I haven't seen Karin," Sakura mumbled as they walked through the tunnel. Sasuke eyed the pinkette in slight puzzlement as he still couldn't grasp the fact that they are already friends. Sasuke really doesn't understand how women could easily make friends while men take years to create a bond.

Take him and Naruto for example. It wasn't until three years ago that Sasuke had completely given in to Naruto's declaration of friendship and accepted the fact that he is indeed a friend to Sasuke. It took them three whole years and an arm each to be friends.

They found Orochimaru outside with Jugo waiting for them.

"Karin said to give this to you," Jugo said, as expressionless as he is, Sakura had gotten used to it and took a pouch containing herbal and black tea that Sasuke eyes suspiciously.

"What's that?"

"It's a gift," Sakura said and smiled at Jugo. "But where is Karin anyways?"

"I have to send her to one of my laboratories near the border of Konoha to check some things. She left earlier this morning," Orochimaru said and handed Sasuke back the scroll.

"You did a good job in offering your help to Konoha," Sasuke said, the least thing he could say as close as a thank you as possible.

The former sannin just smiled with his eyes closed. It doesn't look like the smile was fake, more than anything it looks genuine which was even more surprising to Sasuke and Sakura because he did plan to destroy Konoha before during the chunnin exam.

"I would be glad to offer my help again if needed."

Well, they guess he really did change for the better.

Sasuke heaved a sigh and walked a few steps ahead. "It's getting late, we should get going."

It's true though, the sun is almost bidding farewell between the woods. Since Sasuke decided to use susano'o to travel back to Konoha it would be convenient to leave when the sun is not high above the sky. Travelling during the night would be colder and refreshing and by tomorrow, they'd be arriving at Konoha.

Sasuke summoned susano'o with his visual prowess and took Sakura's hand. The two left with Sakura waving a goodbye as they hovered aboveground.

Sakura watched in fascination as the view cleared to the horizon as far as her eyes could see. The sun is slowly sauntering down the far-off distance ahead while behind them, she could see the sky darkening with the indication of the stars starting to get visible as the night approaches.

The cold spring breeze swooshes by and Sakura's hair swayed. Her hair, Sasuke thought, is starting to flow longer. He did use to like long hairs, his brother had long hair so Sasuke thought long hair suit a person regardless of the gender. He really had no idea how a rumour about him liking girls with long hair started to spread around the Academy. But then this girl beside him, despite knowing that he liked long hair, still made a choice to cut her hair short during the chunnin exam.

And Sakura kept her hair short ever since then.

Sasuke found himself touching the strands of her pink hair and Sakura looked at him.

"Do you like me to grow my hair long, Sasuke-kun?" she asked.

Sasuke ponder her question for a second. It doesn't really matter to him in the end. "Whichever you find comfortable. I will always find you beautiful."

Sakura's eyes slightly widen as pink dust tinted her cheeks. Beautiful, had she ever heard Sasuke call her that? It was so sudden that Sakura almost felt her heart raced so fast.

A few hours had gone by and the whole sky already veiled in thousands of stars. It was mesmerizing, more entrancing than the horizon from this afternoon. It's like they are travelling under a galaxy of stars and starlings. Once in a while a meteor would whizz by, sometimes it was so fast Sakura could hardly catch it and when she did saw it, a smile formed in her lips.

"You need to rest," Sasuke said as they slowly landed on the ground.

He closed his eyes and the susano'o disappeared as his visual prowess deactivated. They walked towards a nearby cave as Sakura slowly sat on the ground, tugging her cloak closer.

"Are you cold?" Sasuke asked after seeing her gesture.

"A bit."

Sasuke bit his thumb, drawing blood, as he did a one hand summoning sign and bend on the ground. Sakura watched in confusion when a summoned snake appeared in the cave.

"Sasuke-sama, it has been a while. What can I do to serve you?" the snake said, its voice cold yet a tone of respect could be heard.

"Aoda, keep her company. I'll be outside for a bit."

"Where are you going?" Sakura asked.

"I need to check how far the boarder is. Get some sleep."

"Alright, be careful Sasuke-kun."

Aoda watched the short exchange from the two as Sasuke walked outside. The summoned snake slithered towards Sakura but stopped to keep a fair distance from the girl who might be startled. But she wasn't startled or surprise. That was when Aoda remembered the pinkette.

"You are Sakura-sama, the medic ninja who could summon Katsuyu other than Tsunade-sama."

Sakura nodded. The summoned snake is respectful and Sakura instantly relaxed around Aoda as she felt her eyelids getting heavy. Sasuke wasn't there for Sakura to lean on so she decided to lean on a rock nearby but before she could do that, Aoda spoke.

"Sakura-sama, if you don't mind, allow me to provide you a more comfortable thing to lean on since that rock seem sharp around its edges."

Sakura looked at Aoda, eyebrow raised in question. "And what might be that comfortable thing?"

"My body,"

Sakura was taken aback as she blinked before nodding slowly. The snake slithered around Sakura slowly and when she adjusted, slowly leaned on its belly. Sakura didn't realize how comfortable it is until she started to doze off. Aoda providing the pinkette a sense of safety as the summoned snake curled around Sakura protectively.

It was an hour after that when Sasuke came back and saw his summoned snake protecting Sakura and his child.

"Sasuke-sama," Aoda said as he slowly slithered away from Sakura but Sasuke put his hand up, stopping him.

"Just stay there, you might wake her up."

Sasuke sat opposite them and let himself relaxed, leaning on the cold cave wall as he heaved a sigh and closed his eyes.

***

Sasuke had just dozed off to a short nap when he was nudged awake by Aoda.

"What is it?" he asked groggily.

"Sasuke-sama, it seems Sakura-sama was in pain."

Sasuke's sleep completely vanished out of his system as he stood up and stride towards Sakura who was curled down, her eyebrows furrowed as beads of sweat gathered on her forehead. She still has her eyes closed as she clutches her stomach.

"Sakura, what's wrong?" Sasuke asked, bending down to brush some strands of her hair that stick on her forehead. He may seem compose and calm but he was trying his best to stay as that when in reality, thoughts are rushing in his head.

It took a few moments for her to say something, and even so it was barely audible.

"S-sasuke-kun," Sakura muttered, face contorted in pain as she gripped Sasuke's cloak.

Sasuke could practically hear his heart beat by now, thumping so loud but he remained as calm as he could.

"Aoda, take Sakura and follow me," he said quickly and helped the pinkette to stand.

Sasuke shut down all his thoughts but one; he has to take Sakura to the nearby laboratory where Karin went this morning. He jumped from tree branches at a speed so fast Aoda could barely keep up.

Upon reaching the hideout, Sasuke took Sakura as Aoda disappeared back in its realm.

The Uchiha went straight inside the laboratory and to all his luck, Karin was on her way through the tunnel when she saw them.

"Sasuke, what happened?" she asked, dropping the clipboard she was holding as she rushed to Sakura's side and took her arm and gently put her arm on the pinkette's back for support.

"I don't know, she was suddenly in pain."

Karin knew exactly what's going on in a few seconds and guided the two towards the nearest room.

"Has the water broke?" Karin asked in a rush and Sasuke just frowned.

"What?"

Karin just shook her head and told Sasuke to lay Sakura on the bed as the red haired Uzumaki went to a desk and grabbed a pair of gloves and a hair tie.

"Sasuke-kun," Sakura managed to mutter as she gripped Sasuke's cloak. "It hurts," she hissed as pain shot through her. She felt warm liquid down her thigh as another waved of pain made her gasped loudly, shutting her eyes as tears welled up and flow.

This was it, Sakura thought. After months of running simulations in her head for when this happens, she never imagined she would forget all those scenarios as pain clouded her thoughts. She was scared and excited and in pain all at the same time.

Karin was back in a few seconds and stood beside the bed.

"Okay, it seems the water just broke. Contractions will follow so I need you to bite on my arm and replenish your chakra."

Karin was talking too fast and moving at the same time as she put her arm in front of Sakura. The pinkette really had no choice but to do just that and gently bit her arm.

"What's going on?" Sasuke asked, looking at the two women in slight confusion.

Karin just ignored Sasuke as she focus on Sakura like Sasuke is not standing there to begin with.

"What's happening?" he asked again, like some dumbfounded child.

Karin snapped her head to Sasuke. "Seriously Sasuke? Can't you see she's about to give birth?"

At that moment, Sasuke felt like someone had just dumped cold water on him as his thoughts cease to function. He doesn't know what that strange and scary feeling was. It's strange how he could be excited and scary how he felt nervous at the same time.

"She-" Sasuke trailed off and looked at Sakura before looking back at Karin. "What should I do?"

If this was another scenario, Karin would have laughed. Even Sasuke would have been surprise to hear himself ask such question. He never once asked someone about what to do or he would never follow someone who tells him what to do. But Sasuke found himself asking that question.

"Clear you mind and boil some water while you're at it."

Sasuke nodded and went to another room to do just that. Karin helped the pinkette with her cloak and lower clothes as she pulled a blanket over her. Sasuke was back after a few minutes, mind now cleared, calm and composed.

"I have to prepare some things," Karin said as she adjusted her ponytail. "The contraction would take about a few hours, you'll feel pain every now and then so if you do, just..." Karin trailed off and looked at Sasuke. "gripped Sasuke's hand or something."

Sakura would have chuckled if she could but a wave of pain shot through again and on instinct she took Sasuke's hand and gripped it. Sasuke had to supress a yelped when he felt her iron grip that threatened to break the bones in his hand.

He moved closer and leaned towards Sakura. "I'll stay by your side," he whispered and Sakura nodded.

Sasuke really doesn't know why he suddenly had that thought. He wondered if his father felt the same thing when he and his brother were about to be born. Was he by his mother's side when Sasuke was born? What did he do? What did he tell her when she was in pain? Sasuke wished, for the first time, that he could've talked about his father about those kinds of things had he not died when Sasuke was young.

Sasuke was pulled out of his reverie when Sakura screamed in pain. Her grip tightened but Sasuke did not mind his hand being broken as much as he was worried about Sakura. She looks like she's in so much pain Sasuke doesn't know if he could do anything. And he couldn't. He couldn't do anything but to let her hold his hand as he assures her that she will be fine.

Karin came back as soon as she heard Sakura. She was holding a tray with some medical stuff and stood at the bottom of the bed.

"Alright," Karin said, more to herself in a sense of calming herself from doing something she's never done. "This will be very painful but you have to endure it."

Karin looked at Sasuke briefly. "You too Sasuke, you need to calm down."

"I'm calm."

On the outside, Sasuke looks calm indeed. But inside, his heart was pounding on his chest and by the minute his straight face is starting to show anxiousness.

"Okay, now Sakura, push."

***

After hours of pain, screams, push and iron grip, Sakura finally felt it.

It was done. And Sakura finally loosened her grip on Sasuke's hand as she dropped her head on the bed.

They waited for a few seconds in silence and stillness. Until they heard the cry of a baby overwhelmed the whole room.

Sakura opened her eyes and tears started to blur her vision. She felt warmth engulfed her chest as she let tears flow freely. "Sasuke-ku—"

Sakura was cut shortly when she felt lips atop her forehead. The kiss lingered for a few seconds before Sasuke put his forehead on Sakura's.

"Thank you," he whispered, too elated to think of anything else to tell her other than that.

Outside, the dawn breaks as the sun rays seeped through the woods indicating that it is already morning. And perhaps this child will be the indication as well that from here onwards; the light will finally illuminate the dark path the Uchiha Clan had always thrived. And she is proof enough that darkness doesn't really exist for it was merely the absence of light. And now that the light is here, the darkness will be no more.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

This is supposed to be cut in half but I decided to write everything in this Chapter because I wanted to give you guys a gift for making this fanfiction reached a milestone. THANK YOU FOR 100K READS!

One more Chapter before the Epilogue. I don't want to surprise everyone but this story will be nearing its end. I will save my appreciation message on the author's note I will publish after the next Chapter.

Thanks for reading! Vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 129 10
One-shots on different scenarios of my favorite couple. Disclaimer : I do not own Naruto and the characters in the story. They belong to Masashi Ki...
380K 18.8K 54
โ๐™„๐™ฉ'๐™จ ๐™–๐™จ ๐™ž๐™› ๐™ฌ๐™š'๐™™ ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง๐™š๐™™ ๐™– ๐™ก๐™–๐™—๐™ฎ๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™จ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™š๐™ข๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ, ๐™– ๐™ข๐™–๐™ฏ๐™š ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ค๐™—๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™˜๐™ก๐™š๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๏ฟฝ...
4.2K 345 20
SASUSAKU (AU) SURFING Sasuke Uchiha, leading a dull life, yearns for excitement. His world changes when he unexpectedly encounters Sakura Haruno, an...