Love or Whatever ~ Book Six

By HeatherJachmann

This is the story of Jace Taylor..... BOOK SIX in the "Taylor Family Series" You can read this on it's own bu... More

COPYRIGHT.
Teaser
Missing My Babies
It Never Gets Easier
Dirty Trash
Don't Mess With Me
No More Secrets
Claiming What's Mine
Didn't See That Coming
Just A Little Awkward
Daddy's New Girlfriend
Time Share
Our First Date
Christmas With The Taylors
That's My Boy
Happy New Year
Where There's Smoke...There's Fire
An Agonising Wait
The Wife is Boss
A Surprising Morning
Just Another Day
A New Arrival
My Little Family
The Secrets Are Out
No Fuss... Just Us!
It's Not Forever
I Made The Right Choice
Sweat It Out
Bells Are Ringing
Excuse Me?
What The Actual Fuck!?
My Worst Nightmare Comes True
My Baby Brother
A Year Ago Today
Can't Wait For More
A Day To Remember
Stand By Him

Our Little Rocco

51K 1.2K 100
By HeatherJachmann

Our Little Rocco

Jace's POV

2nd January

Once that mass text was sent, my phone has been constantly beeping with the replies. All of congratulations and wishing us well with our new little baby. I still can't get over that he's here already, my son. I've finally got a little man and I can't thank Kenna enough for contributing in helping to make him. He's perfect and he's going to be smothered with so much love.

It's now been about an hour or so since the nurses had taken him up to the NICU. Kenna was freshening up with a shower as I was looking through the photos that I had taken on my phone. Rocco is a little cutie and definitely has a hell of a lot of the Taylor genes in him. A knock at the door had me move away from looking at my boy and I grinned as I saw Mum and Dad standing there. They had their hands full with a blue teddy, a bunch of flowers and a huge basket of what looks like everything we'll need for Rocco.

"Where's my grandson?" Dad asked as he walked into the room. I stood up from the chair I was sitting on and made my way closer to them. Grabbing the basket from his hand, I placed it on the bed and took a peek inside.

"He's up in the NICU, being monitored up there. Kenna and I are going to see him after she gets out of the shower." I smiled as I felt more relaxed knowing that we have some clothes and nappies. Mum has thought of everything, she knew that we hadn't gotten anything for Rocco. I do know she had a baby shower planned, I guess that won't be happening now. Unless, I surprise Kenna with one anyways.

"Oh, well if it's alright with you, Dad and I will come up with you. I have to make sure my staff are taking extra good care of our new baby boy." Mum grinned as she wrapped me up in a huge hug and kissed my cheek.

"Congrats J-Butt, you've always made gorgeous babies." she chuckled lightly as she let me go. Dad was grinning as he had found my phone and was going through the photos.

"That's not all we have to celebrate." I said with the excitement even more evident in my voice. Dad raised his brows and Mum frowned. One would think they would have caught on by now or at least heard it from Kenna's Dad as he grizzled about it. Kenna's Mum is happy and excited, the whole ward knows that I asked her to marry me.

"I asked Kenna to marry me." my grin even wider as she opened the door at that same moment. She looks brighter and she too is smiling happily. I need to go home and get her some nighties so she doesn't have to wear that robe. We were so not prepared at all for out little arrival today, just shows not to leave things to the last week. You know, just in case something like today happens, we'll be prepared next time.

"My baby boy is getting married." Mum cried and then crushed me in her arms as she bounced up and down. Dad was laughing and Kenna had that gorgeous smile on her face that I love.

"Mum calm down. We've just had a baby and I only just asked her this morning. We haven't even had time to adjust, I don't think there will be a wedding for a year or so yet." I said as I gazed at Kenna, she was nodding in agreement and Mum began to pout.

"Sorry. It's just that I've been waiting for you to tell me that news, I got a little excited." her pout was gone and the happy grin was back. I walked over to Kenna and kissed her lightly on her lips and then helped her to sit down on the bed. Mum joined Dad over on the chair as Kenna finally noticed the basket full of goodies for Rocco.

"Wow, there' so much in here." she gasped as she looked through it, Mum looked pleased with her selection of clothes and lotions. Pretty much everything that we will be needed for Rocco in the next few weeks. My phone vibrated with a new message and I was starting to get annoyed with how many texts I've received in the last hour. It was just like a continuous beep, lucky I had it on silent. This time, I decided to look to see who it was and when I saw that it was from Tahni I sighed heavy.

*Tahni*

Just got some more news about Josh's new job. We need to leave on the 19th, we have to talk about this Jace.

I just stared at the screen with a blank expression. Why is she dumping all this on me now? That's only two weeks from now and worse, the day after Lily's birthday. Dad was looking at me with a frown and I could see Mum's lips moving, so she was talking to Kenna. He lifted Mum up from his lap and then grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the room. Mum and Kenna were left there looking confused but that only lasted a second before getting into more baby talk.

"What's going on?" he asked as he closed the door and then crossed his arms over his chest. I slumped up against the wall and then passed him my phone so he could read it.

"Leave? Where are they going?" he frowned and handed me back my phone, I turned it off and shoved it in my pocket. I'll deal with all that later, my son has just been born and I don't need that shit destroying my mood even more.

"I went over there this morning to ask the girls if it was okay for Kenna to move in. Then the next thing, Tahni told me that Josh had got a job. In Perth." I mumbled, Dad's face dropped and I knew he was thinking the same thing that has been on my mind. She's going to want to take the girls with her.

"I'll be back." was all he said before he turned on his heels and walked down the corridor. The door opened and Mum was there, she looked at me and then the empty spot Dad was standing.

"Where did Dad go?" she asked as she looked around to see if she could see where he went. I just hope that where ever it is he's going, that he doesn't do anything stupid. Who knows, going over there might make things worse and then I will may end up losing my girls.

"I don't know Mum." I shrugged and then walked back into the room. Kenna was still looking through the basket of goodies as she let out a yawn, she's tired but she's fighting it to stay awake. Walking over to her, I wrapped my arms around her waist and held her gently.

"Can we go see Jordan first? We still haven't told Mum and Dad that we've had the baby." she whispered as she leaned her head back onto my shoulder. That's right, I don't have their numbers on my phone. Oops.

"Sure can baby. I want to talk to you about something later, when we're alone." she turned her head to face me and looked a little puzzled. Moving in closer, I pressed my lips to hers softly and smiled.

"Later." I whispered and then turned to see Mum standing there looking at us with that look. That one where she's super happy and excited all rolled together.

"Thanks so much for all the Mrs. Taylor. I feel so silly not having anything for the baby organised earlier." Kenna said to Mum as I stepped back and grabbed a hold of her hand. The facial expression on Mum's face was funny when Kenna had called her Mrs Taylor. She hates that, and has also said that should only be used for her mother in law. Nanna has said the same thing.

"Just call me Summer sweetie, or Mum. And you are most welcome, anything for my kids and grandbabies." Mum grinned, for a woman that has like nineteen grandchildren already, she sure does make sure they all get spoilt. I better ask Izzy when her and Dec are going to tell everyone about the baby. It's only a matter of time before I accidentally let it slip or she starts to show.

"Okay." Kenna said softly, I could see she was contemplating on whether to add a name on the end but left it like that. There is no way in hell I'm calling Henry Dad. The only Dad is my Dad, even if that guy is going to be my father in law. Sarah might get Mum, but that just sounds weird, even thinking about it.

"Can we go now?" Mum clapped her hands and had a little bounce as she looked eager to go.

"Shouldn't you wait for Dad first?" I frowned and she was immediately shaking her head.

"You snooze, you lose." she laughed and headed to the door. Well he did know that we were going to go see Rocco. And he chose this moment to do whatever the hell it was. I looked to Kenna and she grabbed the blue teddy that was in the basket and squeezed my hand.

"Do you want me to get a wheelchair?" I asked her as we walked to where Mum was impatiently waiting.

"No babe, I want to walk." she smiled and that was the end of the conversation. We made our way slowly along the corridor and as we got to the lift Mum pressed the up button and I pressed the down.

"You can go up and see Rocco Mum. Kenna and I are going to see her brother and tell her parents that he's here." I smiled, and if Mum's smile couldn't get any bigger.

"Sounds good. I'll find out where your father went while I'm up there." she said as the first lift opened and it was the one that was going up. Once Mum stepped in, the other one hit our floor and we were able to go to the burns unit. I've never been in there and I'm a little nervous about it. Plus, it's my first time meeting her brother and it's not the ideal place that I wanted to do that either.

When we got there, Kenna asked at the nurses desk as to where she would find him. We were then taken there by a nurse and then gowned up as there was high risk of infection. That would be the last thing Jordan needed and would set back his recovery. As we stepped through the room, Henry looked like he was still grumpy and Sarah gave us a warm smile. I wonder how the hell she puts up with this bloke.

"Jordan." Kenna whispered as she stepped closer, her lips were quivering and she already had tears in her eyes. I stayed near the end of the bed as I didn't want to get in the way.

"Don't cry. I'm fine." he said as he kept his eyes on her as she stood there beside him. Her eyes were flicking over him and then she burst into tears.

"You could've died." she cried, Sarah stood behind her and placed her hands on Kenna's shoulders. Maybe I should've waited outside, I feel like they need time alone. Jordan looked my way briefly before turning back to Kenna and tried to move but he couldn't. She looked at him with tears rolling down her face, seeing her like this is breaking my heart.

"I'm fine Mac, a little burnt but I'm still here. You can't get rid of me that easily, plus I wouldn't miss being here to see my nephew." he smiled as he gazed at Kenna with loving eyes, they also held a cheekiness. It was then when he looked down at her belly and frowned. She was still sniffling to notice that he was giving her a strange look. Without saying anything, he flicked his eyes to me and I could tell he was sizing me up.

"You must be the famous Jace." when he said that, all eyes were back on me again. Hell this family makes me want to run and hide, specially the man that is giving me a strange look. I'm here for Kenna. I love her and that's all that matters, even if I do hate her Dad.

"Yes I am." I said quietly but loud enough for him to hear me. Kenna glanced my way and she gave me that dazzling smile that I love. It's the first time that I've noticed that she's gotten that from her Mum.

"I'd shake your hand, but I'm a little stuck like this for a while." he chuckled and nodded towards where his hands that were stretched out beside him. They were covered in bandages from his shoulders to his finger tips.

"I can wait." I chulckled lightly, Kenna was now looking a little brighter and was even stroking back his hair from his forehead.

"Anywas Mac, why don't you have that big stomach anymore?" he turned back to her and kept his eyes where her bump once was. It's still there a little but not filled from Rocco. I'm gonna miss feeling him kick and move inside her.

"Oh my, I didn't even notice!" Sarah gushed as she spun Kenna around and placed her hand over her belly.

"You had the baby?" her voice was full of shock and excitement, if only the look I was now getting from Henry was a nicer one. What the hell is this guys problem? He's going to have a rude shock coming for what I plan on doing to his daughter. That day I'm going to make sure I capture his reaction, it sure will be priceless.

"Yeah, about two hours ago. He's up in the NICU, Jace and I were going to go up and see him. We only got about five minutes with him before they took him." Kenna then explained to her Mum about how quick he had come and that he's so gorgeous. I can't wait to hold him, even more excited to show his big sisters.

"Oh honey, congrats. You look so happy." Sarah pulled Kenna into her arms and gave her a big hug. Jordan was smiling as he lay there, Henry I could see he was trying to smile but that seemed like it was a hard thing to do. I wonder if that guy is ever happy, and how on earth his wife puts up with him.

"I am, I'm missing him so much already." Kenna said as they pulled out of the hug.

"I guess his family already know and you didn't bother to tell us until now." Henry grumbled as he sat in the chair beside Jordan. I rolled my eyes, great here we go. Is there anything else he want's to complain about?

"Dad, shut up." Jordan was first to say something, he too looked annoyed with his Dad. Sarah glared at Henry and it was like they were having one of those silent conversations that Mum and Dad have.

"Just ignore your father sweetie, I do. Anyways, do we get to know what our grandson is called?" Sarah smiled and seemed to be picking up her bag off the ground.

"His name is Rocco Jordan Taylor." Kenna grinned as she looked at a shocked Jordan. His eyes were wide but he was grinning like a mad man.

"Like as your little friend Rocco, the one that wet my bed one night?" Jordan laughed and Kenna blushed as she gave him the middle finger.

"Jace picked it out. I don't remember Rocco but I'm sure you deserved a wet bed." Kenna chuckled and poked her tongue out at her brother.

"Cool middle name, I'm sure I'll be his favourite uncle." he grinned, he's got a few to compete with. They are already eager to come and see their new nephew. It might be best if they wait until we get home with him. A couple of days won't kill them.

"Here's some pictures that I was able to get." I said as I pulled my phone out of my pocket and opened up the camera app. I'll be changing the photo on the front once I get all my kids together. I passed my phone to Sarah and she got closer to Jordan so he could see them too. We ended up spending another half hour in there with him until Sarah and Henry both joined us in going to see our little boy. Mum was already there fussy over him, I see she's already decked out the incubater with a big name card. She was on cloud nine, it wasn't until I looked around that I saw Dad here as well.

"Go see our son babe, I need to speak with Dad." I smiled down at Kenna and gave her a soft kiss. I really didn't need to tell her as she was over there faster than I could blink. The sounds of both grandmothers gushing over him was loud. Henry took slow steps but I managed to see a smile finally on his face when he looked in.

"Where did you go?" I asked Dad as I pulled in aside, he better not have been causing more trouble.

"Just to make a few calls to arrange a lawyer. She can't take your kids away from you Jace." Dad's voice wasn't exactly quiet because when he said lawyer, Herny's ears perked up.

"I don't want her to either Dad. I never really got time to discuss what was going to happen because Ash called and said that Kenna was in labour." I sighed, the headache was now coming back. This is going to be a real head fuck and something that I wish was never happening. It's probably that jerk Josh trying to steal my girls from me. I've never liked him and never will.

"Well you don't have much time if they are leaving in two weeks." Dad grumbled, his frown was deep and made the wrinkles on his forehead look like a galvanised iron fence.

"Leave it to me Jace, I'll help." Henry added as he walked up to Dad and I.

"And how the hell do you think you could help? All you've done for my son so far is cause him shit." Dad growled in a low voice, his eyes darted over to Mum as she shook her head and put her finger over her mouth. He'll get kicked out of here soon for being too loud.

"Look I know that I've done some things that I'm not proud of, but I'm well known for my skills in family law. Besides, I've heard my daughter and how she talks lovingly about those girls. I'm willing to offer my assistance with anything you need to keep your family together. They will be a part of my daughters life too." he gave us a sincere smile and then pulled a card out of his wallet. I reached out for it and it was soon snatched up by Dad.

"Thanks Henry, I appreciate it. I need to talk with Tahni first to hear what she has planned and then you'll be getting a call from me." I said as I held my hand out for him to shake. Gotta be polite and everything, he is wanting to help me with this whole custody. Should've went and got something in writing when we first spilt up.

"You're welcome. And I'm sorry for everything that I've done, it sure wasn't my finest moment." he shook my hand and then Dad's as well. I sure wasn't expecting a decent apology from the guy but seeing the smile on my girls face as she watched on, meant everything.

"Well if you excuse me, I'm dying to see my son." I grinned as I saw a nurse sit Kenna down and was about to get Rocco out of the incubator. Leaving the to old men there, I walked over to Kenna and kissed her lightly on the lips. The nurse had Rocco in her arms and was ready to place him in his Mummy's. He was wide awake and seemed to be content.

"He has to be the most handsome baby I've seen." the nurse gushed as she positioned him in the crook of Kenna's arm. She sure does look more beautiful holding a baby. And not just any baby, our son.

"Of course he is, have you seen the gene pool he comes from?" another nurse chuckled as she pointed to me and obviously to Dad who was standing close by. Mum didn't seem too impressed with the nurse that was checking out her husband.

"I think we should all leave and let Mummy and Daddy bond alone with my new grandson." Mum said in an annoyed tone and pretty much ordered everyone to leave, including the nurses. I was grateful for it too, we didn't get much time with him when he was born and like Kenna, I was missing him. When everyone had left and of course gave Rocco a kiss, I sat along side Kenna and played with Rocco's hand.

"I still can't believe he's here already." she whispered as she rubbed her fingers lightly over his skin and through the thick mop of hair on his head. Just like his sister's when they were born.

"Me too, and don't stress about not having the nursery set up. I'll sort it out." I smiled, I should have it all done before he gets home. I'll have to get Brax to help me, he's got boys so he'd know what to get.

"Hey, what was that thing you wanted to talk about? Was it about the girls? I heard what was going on babe." she sounded upset, as she should be. I know she has grown quite attached to the girls and to see them go will hurt her too.

"Let's not think about that tonight, not on our little man's birthday." I said softly as I leaned in closer to Rocco and kissed his little chubby cheek. Kenna sighed and nodded, her eyes never once leaving Rocco who was now sleeping.

"And no, that's not what I wanted to talk about." I chuckled lightly and this time she looked up and had that cute confused look on her face.

"You have to tell me now, otherwise it'll annoy me until you do." she mumbled, well I know what that's like. I hate it when people say they need to say something but leave it for hours to actually say whatever it is. Or worse when they walk off and leave you there wondering what the fuck is going on.

"Alright, I'll tell you." I chuckled a little louder than I expected and it made Rocco open his eyes. Watching Kenna soothe him and coo soft sweet words to him, made my heart melt. She's going to be a great mother and I sure am one lucky man to have her in my life. Leaning in close to her ear, I whispered softly as to what I wanted to say. When I pulled back she looked a little surprised but that was soon replaced with a huge grin.

"Sounds awesome stud." her grin even bigger, which had mine exactly the same. Hell yeah it's awesome. Now I just have to make it work. Kenna and I spent the rest of the night with Rocco. Holding him for the first time was the highlight of my day. He's so small and tiny. It;s such a wonderful feeling having your child in your arms. I was just upset that the time went fast and that we had to leave him there for the night. Good thing though, he will be out of the NICU tomorrow and with Kenna in the maternity ward.

The most important thing to do next is, a visit from his big sisters. They are going to spoil him rotten and I know that they'll love helping. Then after that, I need to find a beautiful ring for Kenna and then ask her to marry me again. This time I'll do it properly.

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter!

PLEASE VOTE and COMMENT!

What a bloody crazy two weeks I've had! My body is taking it's toll and is slowly breaking down, I'm surprised I can even walk or get out of bed in the morning. Work sure has been busy. I'm not just working as a carer and doing all the personal care for the residents, but I've also been working on the roster. Now that job itself is a headache but shifts need to be filled, blah blah blah and I was the one doing that for the past two weeks. Not fun trying to sort out 100+ RN's En's and carers and make sure that the 40+ shifts per day were filled. Not much fun when no one wants to work lol

That is one reason it's taken so long for this chapter to come out, that roster shit fries your brain at the end of the day and I've been too exhausted and brain dead to write. Also I had to work Christmas Day and Boxing Day and the next few days arent looking much better, well wednesday is a little lol.

I'm about to head to Mildura for the day to see my grandmother who has been unwell, so that's a full day out. Wednesday I am working all day and then I'm treating my kids to a cricket match at the Adelaide oval that night, so we will see the new year in the city. which will be fun and not so fun because I have a early New Year's Day lol. So I'm going to be a little stuffed by the end of that.

My son had his birthday  on Saturday and we went to the movies and saw the new Night at the Museum movie.

I'm hoping I can get the next chapter done by the weekend but I can't promise anything. every time I do say something, I either fall sleep or my brain doesn't want to do anything.

anyways, enough of my dribble, until next time, see you soon

Heather xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 100 31
What ties us to the Earth? What is life after death? Why do we continue to live in a world full of broken promises and empty smiles? Jace Abney has...
9.2K 654 48
He is the sun, and she is the star of the dawn. He is a rich bachelor and she is but a maid. He is Prince Charming and she is Snow White. He's loo...
29.5K 740 32
She is sassy but kind ,He is cruel but caring Their first meeting was terrifying for her but annoying for him Danger lurks around him ,Love surroun...
2.7M 48.3K 34
**BOOK THREE of "The Taylor Family Series"** ... Matty and Sums Taylor are about to become GRANDPARENTS!! Join their eldest and teenage son Brax and...