The Queen's king |✔️

By Reha_writes

Chitra, has always been the forgotten princess, neither the king nor the kingdom remembers her, probably as h... More

Foreword.
• Prologue •
1. Him
2.Her
3. Kingdom Ramapur
4. Royal Dinner
5.The crying princess
6. Princess
7 .The smile
8.The village riots.
9. A New Journey.
10. Yes Brother.
11. Grateful.
12. The Beginning
13. Help.
14. Saved.
15. Butterflies.
16. Happiness.
17. Trouble
18. The search.
19. Found.
20. Healer.
21. A Sacred union of love
22. Our Kingdom.
23. Am I not pretty?
24. Rajmatha Padma.
25. Little Prince
26. Rejection.
27. Queen Chitra
28. Love birds.
♥️ Author's Note ♥️
29. Peaceful days
30. A plan
31. Staggered
32. An Avenge
34. A tale of betrayal
35. A Rise of War
36. A wrong twist
37. A Goddess
38. Apsara
39. Broken Hearts
40. Princess Nandhini
41. A Ride
❤️ Characters and cast ❤️
42. Blooming Love
43. Village Kalikapur
44. Lost Truths
45. Finding Love
46. Saving Kalikapur.
47. An Instinct.
48. Searching for Princess
49. Mending Love
50. A Happy End
• Epilouge •
Announcement 📣

33. A Queen's duty

29.1K 2.2K 149
By Reha_writes

Helpless and numb is what Chitra can feel. Why? Just why is Meenamma doing this? Hot tears slipped from her eyes as she thought of Ratan. She is the reason for his death, if she were never bumped into him maybe he would be alive joking around Arjuna. Why did someone have to die for her?

Arjuna, she closed her eyes as she tried to picture his face, was he alright? How would he be dealing with the loss of Ratan? Chitra's guilt amplified, he would never see her face. If anything Arjuna valued and loved his dear ones, will he still be the same with her if he finds out the truth that, it was because of her that Ratan died?

Chitra couldn't believe that Meenamma was involved with these bandits. How can she? They destroyed so many villages and killed everyone mercilessly, why will she help them and moreover why would she betray her? 

They tied her hands up with a rope and once again they were leading to a forest. Chitra knew how worse it could get to walk in a forest barefoot and just to add up to the situation she was not feeling well, her legs ached and her head felt light. Stumbling upon a rock she fell down and the head of bandits made a disapproving sound and roughly pulled her up by her hair and Chitra screamed in pain.

"Baldev! Don't do anything which might slow down our pace." Meenakshi scolded him and slowly walked forward and remained shocked, why was he even listening to her? 

"I feel di-dizzy." Chitra said, trying to stand up but failing again making her drop down to the floor. 

"No way bitch! You walk-" 

"Baldev, set up a tent. We will rest for the night here and feed her something so that it would be easy for us to travel tomorrow." 

Chitra breathed in relief and sat down under a tree rubbing her forehead with her fingers trying to ease the pain, maybe if Arjuna's soldiers had started a search they might catch them. 

"Did you alert Indradas?" Baldev asked one of his men as he picked up two stones and made some fire.

"Yes brother! Abhiras will never see another peaceful morning." 

Chitra's eyes widened listening to that, what do they mean by that? Why was her father involved in this? Baldev laughed as he saw Chitra's expression, he took his sword out and started to sharpen it by burning it in fire.

"Oh so your little brain is trying to pick up some hints?" He looked even more creepy as he laughed, "Don't stress yourself, I will break it down for you."

He placed a small knife on her chin and lifted her head up, he was trying to scare her, Chitra understood. Baldev was over six feet with curly hair falling down his shoulders, his face had huge scars while few looked old but the other few looked fresh. Totally, he looked like the boogie man whom you would describe to your kids whenever they throw a tantrum saying that he might kidnap them. He wanted to terrify her, but she won't give in, so she looked straight in his eyes showing that him or his petty knife can't scare her.

"Your father and Aditya are going to ruin your husband, his kingdom will burnt to ashes even before he does anything. A war will break out tomorrow early in the morning when all the kingdom will be past asleep." 

"That's cowardice! If you want to fight, fight like a warrior! You can't attack a kingdom before sunrise or after sunset-" 

A sharp sting on her cheek almost made her face hit the sand. He slapped her, "Look princess, only I do the talking here!" He screamed in her face.

"But what you are doing is-" 

"I don't care. I set the rules for the war I fight. Your husband will die for sure, then what? How will you live? Will you be able to handle this beauty all by yourself?" He asked with a fake concern as he rubbed her cheek with his filthy fingers. Chitra tried to pull her face back in disgust. 

“Dying for him is old fashioned, love. I can keep you happy, if you let me have you.” He smirked suggestively as he ran his hands on her neck. 

“Yes, dying for him is definitely old fashioned.” She said, hitting his hands away, standing up, “I will kill you bastards first and I will go to him." She replied, her eyes burning with rage. 

"Hm feisty? I like it I can-"

"Baldev!" Meenamma shouted, "Let go of her and arrange some food." 

"Right! We have the whole night for us." Winking he left. 

Tears flowed down her face as she closed her eyes. How did she end up here? She got a brother in the form Vikram, a friend like Nandhini and most important of all, a husband like Arjuna with whom she could share her whole life with. But never even the thought of someone she regarded as a mother might betray her ever crossed her mind and now because of Meenamma she might end up losing a perfect family she just got, afterall she always knew she was never destined for any happiness. 

Abhiras had a huge army but will it be able to fight and win over two kingdoms attacking together? And mostly neither Arjuna nor Vikram might even have a small guess about Ramapur attacking them. Her head started to pound just thinking about the consequences. All the kingdom would be busy in paying their respects for their late minister Ratan, even all the royal members including Arjuna might be filled with sorrow and sadness. What time could be more perfect to attack than this. 

Lord Krishna please, please save my husband and our kingdom from this massacre. Chitra prayed desperately to gods whom she deeply believed in.

“I need to use the washroom.” Chitra said feeling nauseous, as Meenamma walked to her.

Meenamma laughed as if that was the craziest joke she has ever heard, “Go to the bushes woman.” 

“I can accompany her.” Baldev pipped in, leaving the sword which he was sharpening. 

“Baldev stop it and go back to your work!” Meenamma said laughing. How was she even laughing at such a situation?

“What if she runs away?” He asked, raising his eyebrows.

“Her? Never!” Meenamma laughed as she pinched Chitra's cheeks. “All she knows is only some pathetic stitching.” 

Her heart pained seeing the person she loved all her life making fun of her. She always thought Meenamma was sent by the gods as they have taken her mother away. Was all the memories they made together ment nothing to her?

Chitra's head dropped down trying to cover up her tears as she made her way to the bushes. Behind the bushes there was a small pond so she walked up to it and bent down and washed her hands and neck which had dried blood. Ratan's blood.

A sob passed through her throat as she fell to the ground crying. Why did he have to die? 

But she was startled when she saw some dark figure near tree to the other side. She slowly lifted her head and her head spinned. It was Rajan, was he also betraying Arjuna? Was there not even one person who has never betrayed her?

"How can you Rajan? How can do this to Arjuna-" 

"Shh!" He placed a finger on his lips indicating her to be silent. 

"My Queen! Are you alright?" He whispered, taking slow steps towards her being careful to not make any sound. He quietly looked around to see if anyone was around.

Chitra furrowed her eyebrows as she could sense the respect in his tone. What it a game for him to test her or something?

"I saw these bandits kidnapping you so I secretly followed them. I know a way from here leading to the palace so please come with me." Saying he extended his hand to her.

Her heart felt light as she the sincerity on his face. This was the chance, a chance to save her kingdom and Arjuna.

"Rajan!" He stood near her as she took his extended hand in her's, " Thank you so much for coming till here but now your duty is not to save me. It is to save our kingdom!" 

"What? I am not understanding-" 

"Listen carefully," She said sounding desperate, "King Indradas and Aditya have joined hands with these bandits and are going to attack our kingdom tonight. You need to inform this-" 

"My queen! I can take you back to the kingdom before sunset and we can-" 

"No Rajan!" Chitra said looking around to see if anyone was around, " A war means all the villages near the border should be vacated, women and children should be sent to the safe houses, the kingdoms treasure should be hidden and most importantly the army should be ready!" 

"But-" 

"I am in no position to run Rajan. I am weak, physically! And our kingdom is more important than my life. So please go and save our kingdom, I will never be a good queen if put my people at risk just for saving myself!" 

Rajan had tears in his eyes seeing the queen's sacrifice. She was ready to risk her life for the sake of keeping the kingdom safe.

He nodded his head as words refused to make their way out. He kneeled down and touched her feet for her blessings. She touched his head blessing, "Vijayi Bhava."

"Remember Rajan, don't trust anyone, go straight to your king and convey this message." 

He reluctantly agreed and turned behind ready to leave and Chitra caught his hand.

This might be the last chance ever to let Arjuna know how she feels for him as she might never come out alive, she thought as she said, "Pl-please tell him that I-i love him." Chitra spoke as tears rolled down her face. 

Both of them knew, the bandits are cruel enough and they will never let any captive let go alive.

Rajan ran with a speed of cheetah and soon disappeared out of Chitra's sight. But she stood there helplessly staring at the side he left as the tears were never ending, they flowed down as her heart quenched in pain. She could never be more thankful to the gods for sending Rajan as help. 

------------

Our Queen is so sweet isn't she?

What do you think? Will Rajan be able to convey the message to Arjuna and warn him about the war?

Did you notice? We are over 40,000 reads and 4000 plus votes! Thank you so much guys for voting and showing your love ❤️❤️❤️

oh my ghost readers! Please do vote!!!

And And And!! Don't forget to check out my other book!! Do give me a feedback about it❤️❤️

Till then, please press this teeny-tiny Star and stay safe 🌟🌟

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

984K 47.9K 42
Vrishali was popularly known as the life of the party. She had a natural ability to make friends with anyone she met. Everyone adored her, and she ha...
761K 71.2K 53
"𝙇𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙜𝙪𝙢. 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙪𝙡𝙩𝙖𝙣 𝙍𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙞𝙣 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪,𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙞�...
11.5M 688K 97
Rudra was my love and so was I for him until I came to know that everything was just a game. Emotions and blood have that sacred bond that the thick...