Arknights: (Winter's Arc)

By TheLazyYu

A story of a man who had overcome a lot of struggles just to achieve his ideals at the world of Terra More

Prologue
(Chapter 1) - The Bounty Hunter
(Chapter 2) - Identity
(Chapter 3) - Espionage
(Chapter 4) - Setup
(Chapter 5) - Thoughts/Memories/Movement
(Chapter 5.5) - Nightmare
(Chapter 6) - Trouble with Women
(Chapter 7) - MEDIC!
(Chapter 8) - Taken
(Chapter 9) - Savior
(Chapter 10) - Painful
(Chapter 11) - Recovery
(Chapter 12) - Siesta [Part 1]
(Chapter 13) - Siesta [Part 2]
(Chapter 14) - Siesta [Part 3]
(Chapter 15) - Closer to the truth
(Chapter 17) - Insanity of a broken man
(Chapter 18) - The Hym of Winter's Oath
(Bonus)
(Chapter 19) - The Hidden Mask
(Chapter 20) - Comrades
(Chapter 21) - 2nd Phase
(Chapter 22) - Commitment
(Chapter 23) - Last Hope
[Lemon] (Chapter 24) - Shape of a Frozen Heart
(Chapter 25) - Discovery
(Chapter 26) - Bullet
(Chapter 27) - Cold Blood
(Chapter 28) - Land of Shadows
(Chapter 29) - Ah Kurwa
(Chapter 30) - Press the Attack
(Chapter 31) - Confrontation
(Chapter 32) - A necessary sacrifice
(Chapter 33) - Dragon Witch
(Chapter 34) - Sync
(Chapter 35) - Mission
(Final Chapter)
(Special Chapter) - Why i Fight
(Special Chapter 2) - Fruit
Timewatch (Profile)
Important Announcement!!!
Hourglass of Time - [Fate]
Hourglass of Time - [Intentions]

(Chapter 16) - Clash

1.7K 48 51
By TheLazyYu

Amiya's Art was charged and fires it towards SkullShatterer.

"NOOO!!!" He screamed at Amiya.

!!!

Half an hour before that.

"Move to cover!" Ryo yells as Skadi runs to a huge rock.

The two are getting pinned down from Reunion and Rhodes Island attacks.

"What the hell they are thinking!" Gritting his teeth. the intel that he got earlier was retrieving Misha back by the LGD.

And thanks to his little sister contact, he was informed that Misha has took the role of SkullShatterer after his brother Alex died.

"We have to stop them!" Peeking his head a little, he quickly got down and was almost hit by a crossbow bolt.

There was also an assault of LGD lead by Ch'en and Hoshiguma.

Someone knew that Misha was the key to Lungmen. that's why LGD tried to capture Misha and silenced the truth.

"Ryo. we can't stay here much longer-" Skadi jumps at him to avoid the lighted molotov.

"I'll hold them off find a chance to sneak on the back and rescuse Misha or now called SkullShatterer we can't risk her getting killed!" Ryo grasp her shoulder.

For the first place he wanted to save Misha no matter what. and since she is infected, he can even convince her to join his side. since after the trip to Siesta he was one more step away to finish the antidote.

"Understood..." the abyssal hunter responds.

"Good. I'll create a diversion." He jumps on top of the rock and started to shoot down both LGD and Reunion Soldiers.

Skadi then ran and circled the area.

"Two tangos spotted. your orders. Dr. Yumi." Firewatch who was hiding on a bush contacted the Doctor.

"Do it."

Ryo's POV

"Time Alter! Clock's World!" Using the ability to stop 5 seconds. I used my gunblades and shoot two times at the sky blindspot.

"Yout too cocky when it comes to explosion..." Snapping my fingers time resumes the incoming air support explodes...

"What?!" Firewatch was shocked until a Knife was thrown heading towards her.

"Guh!" Firewatch used her crossbow to block it. "He knows where I'm hiding at." to her surprise.

"He wasn't literally aiming for me, but the scope to destroy it!"

That should make it harder for her to spot us. "Oops." I spotted a dual wielder and shot it at the head.

"Impossible, they are wearing bulletproof helmets!" One soldier screamed.

"Well that's because my bullets aren't made from your stupid world." I commented and they formed a spearhead formation.

"Charging at me with such confidence."

I ran ahead and used the shield as a platform and leapt around. Thanks to my gunblades being shiny, i was able to see the crossbow bolts and dodged landing its shot to one of the soldier's head.

"Firewatch status." Kal'tsit asked.

"He gave me a handicapped he is approaching Dr. Yumi now and the rest of the operators." Firewatch replied.

Tossed up my gunblades i threw a barrage of bayonets pinning down the Reunion Soldiers.

"It can't be help. regroup with Dr. Yumi ASAP, you are to be commanded by the Doctor. Kal'tsit out." The head medic commands and cuts out.

What in the hell?!

This is a fucking massacre!

Since LGD and Rhodes Island are teamed up. they have the best chance to aggro the Reunion Soldiers.

I see them countessly taking lives of others, but from their actions,I'm even not to sure of why this kind of organization exist. They are mercilessly killing them...

"Its Timewatch! Capture him!" the LGD and Rhodes Island Operators said as they all rushed towards me.

"You never learn do you." i sighed

I parried a strike and returned an attack. one by one they started ganging up on me, but they are rashed on fighting me.

I cut them down easily and then saw Ch'en's unit... Wow great timing...

Skadi arrives by my side all of a sudden, looks like she cleared the rear ones easily...

!!!

Oh great, the nun is here... "Go on Ryo, I'll handle it from here..." I looked at her for one last time as she muttered... "Only i can handle her fighting style."

"Alright good luck."  On cue both of us dashed, Skadi was to arrived first so she can block her, while i make a move...

"Ryo!" She calls as Hoshiguma readies her shield as i mumbled.

"Get out of my way."

She points her swords at me... "No. I trust Amiya that she will be able to complete this operation!"

"Then I'll just use force if i have to." While my Time Alter is active, i even used Reinforcement magic to strengthen my arms...

Disappearing i reappeared in front of their defenders. "Steel yourself Men!"

"Trace on!" The image of gigantic sword flashed through my minds and slowly projected in the air.

"Wha the hell?!" They all raised their shield, as a i flicked my hand, the sword swiped them off...

"I told you to get out my way!" The gigantic sword swang hitting the defenders sending them in the air.

"How?!" Hoshiguma was shocked to see what i did...

"Don't let him pass!" Ch'en dashes towards me.

*Clang*

I reinforced the gunblades to apply more strength at the attack. Ch'en pushed me back even though her arms have gone numb for a second.

"Hah!" Hoshiguma strike me with her shield. i quickly evaded the bash by rolling under her...

and leapt quickly to avoid Ch'en slash...

"Just why do you think your fighting for?" I asked while controlling my emotions from lashing out.

"For Lungmen, I'm doing this to ensure the safety of citizens, that's why we need Misha, to cooperate with her to be silent with that information!"

"Cooperate? Don't talk such lies, You don't even know that there's another mole at Lungmen. i see the purpose of why that city is built."

"It only symbolizes as the fall of Chernobog. that means your city will be next."

"What does he mean by that?" Ch'en thought of a mole, but after hearing what he said about Lungmen's fate. blood boiled in her veins.

"You can't be sure about that Ryo, how are you certain that it will happen..." the oni asked as i grin.

"Because i will..."

The two were confused of what i said, but none of their guard were dropped.

"Ryo-nii~ better hurry up or you'll be late..." W hijacked at our comms and reminded me what this operation is all about.

"What do you mean by that?!" Ch'en grits her teeth as i just shrug. "Beats me. its your job as an officer to get that information, if you beat me i will tell you all my plans. My real objectives on why i didn't join as an Operator at Rhodes Island."

"Hmph, then we'll beat you to a pulp. let's go Hoshiguma!"

"Right back at you Ch'en!"

The two started at their attack as i just stood at my spot nothing.

To be honest even if i got beaten, i rather just used Time Alter and escape from them...

But i don't fight fair, there are dirty tricks in my sleeve in wherever battles i face...

"Time Alter... Clock's world!"

Time stops in this world, whenever i use this ability, my mana drains quickly, this is the 2nd time now, the next one will be the last because it will be a troubling situation.

"Now, where was i... Hehe... Hehehe... HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE! IT'S USELESS ALL YOUR EFFORTS ARE MEANINGLESS!!! HAHAHA!!!"

I snapped out confused on what just happened. that wasn't me. I swear to myself that i don't laugh like that and act like a demon... What the hell is that all about?

I'll let that slide. for now... "Yare Yare... Time seems to have run out of your side!"

A barrage of Knifes can slow them down, i don't want them to get fatal injuries. I threw some bayonets at the two...

"Zero..." Time has began to move once again as Hoshiguma quick got in front of Ch'en blocking the high impact knives...

"Damn it, we still don't know his real ability!" Ch'en gripped her sword hard... "Uhh, I've already known thanks to him yelling Clock's world. Your really clueless Ch'en..." The oni sighed at her partner.

"What since when did you figure out his ability?!" "Saria told me about after she got back from Siesta..." Hoshi gave an awkward smile...

I pulled out some smoke grenades and leave them at the ground covering my run.

"Dang he got away. Dr. Yumi, Timewatch is on his way there, have you got the VIP yet?"

"Not now Madam Ch'en! we're still struggling here! Lappland run towards G9 quicky!" Yumi commands her operators. Ch'en was a bit taken on who they are facing with.

"This is bad! Amiya quickly retreat for a while!" A huge explosion was heard from the radio cutting of their line.

"Damn, Hoshiguma take care of the LGD, I'll go chase Ryo..." "Alright."

*******************************************

Just how many are you to stand in my way?

I then saw new enemies from Reunion, From my data they seem to be avengers, and hateful avengers.

"Get him!"

!!!

This is very easy, They seem to be powerful yet their coordination is slow...

More weaker. I blocked a strike and kick him back while my gunblades glow after activating my circuits.

"Time Alter Full Open!" Gunblades appeared around me levitating and started firing shooting all down the avengers...

Now here comes the leader...

His Katana began to release some flames, judging from that, he is using some arts to boost his attack...

My gunblades transmuted into a paired of married short swords...

"Hahh!" I firstly initiated the attack, we exchanged some strikes... But this one is different from the others, it is quite skilled in using swordsmanship.

Changing my grip into dagger, it slip his defense and grazed his right shoulder.

!!!

Quickly i leaned to the left evading a sudden strike but it grazes my left cheek. That sudden attack, could be this avengers are samurais that are still infected before?

"I gotta say, that's a splendid swordmanship you've shown me." He stayed silent as i continued. "But I'll still win."

Grinning i jumped back and threw the blades at him. just as i thought he blocked it making himself stagger...

Without further a do, Time Alter activated as appeared in front of him with new pair of swords.

Strucking him twice it shatters my weapons, i leapt around his back and projected another pair, the same goes from earlier another twin strikes breaking my weapons.

But that didn't stop as i again reappeared in his front with a bit of distance.

"OWARI DA!" I threw the M9 Bayonet piercing his chest...

The Hateful avenger body collapse as i sighed and continued my way.

Meanwhile...

"No!" Yumi scream as SkullShatterer who was now Misha pointed her weapons at her...

"Doctor..." Amiya who was wounded from the fight at the back struggled to stand up.

The same goes for Franka and Liskarm... But Firewatch was never seen, since she has been ordered by Yumi to wait for her orders...

Amiya's eyes shot red flares, Misha looks at Amiya who can felt her deadly void arts charging up.

"Its kill or be killed in this world." Misha spoke to Yumi and had her Hatchet out and was about to swing it down.

Misha's eyes has opened after her brother's death, she had nothing in mind but revenge, and that is killing Yumi for the Doctor of Rhodes Island meddled and wanted to capture her...

I arrived at the site and felt my spine shivered. This can't be good!!!

Looking around i was too late even Clock's world can't reach that fast.

Amiya's Art was charged and fires it towards SkullShatterer.

"NOOO!!!" I screamed at Amiya.

!!!

The voided arts hits SkullShatterer's chest, not even a human can survive that attack...

Yumi opened her eyes and blood was all over her face, she looks up seing SkullShatterer who stood there while a hole was at her chest.

Amiya knelt down and bretahed heavily, the Black steel Operators quickly tended her...

As for me... i felt my heart crack...

"Brother I'm coming soon..."

Yumi caught her body and checked Misha's pulse. tears streamed down her eyes and cried...

Why?

Why i couldn't do anything?

Yumi must be blaming herself for the death of Misha...

Ch'en point her sword at me who i don't mind...

"Ryo, one move and I'll cut you off..." She warned...

but that did not scared me...For one thing i had in mind...

I didn't save her...

Even though i have this power.

It's still not enough...

NO POV

Skadi was breathing heavily, the same goes for Specter that the two have been fighting non-stop...

"I knee your in there..." Skadi spoke as Kal'tsit came out revealing herself.

"What do you want from me?" Skadi asked as the Lynx talk with her...

Until they were interrupted by Amiya's art... The three quickly left and run at the scene.

"Ryo..." Skadi calls him who has been standing there while Ch'en points her sword.

But at the same time... Skadi felt scared, that aura he was releasing was similar to the monster back at the abyss she fought of...

"No." Kal'tsit then saw a gold mark at Timewatch neck and fears it...

Skadi seemed surprised from that reaction, it's like she knows Timewatch back then.

"Rhodes Island!" He yelled with all his might and turns around pointing at Kal...

"FROM THIS POINT ON!!!"

"I EMIYA RYO KNOWN AS TIMEWATCH SHALL BE YOUR ENEMY!!!"

Using Clock's world for the 3rd time. He carried Skadi out and let her down...

"Ryo..." Yumi stood up wiping her tears... and saw Ryo standing at the hill of sands proclaiming his pledge.

"I WILL CHANGE THIS WORLD AND I'LL START BY CRUSHING YOU FRAUDS! YOUR FALSE GOAL!!! I'LL REVEAL ON HOW MUCH EVIL RHODES ISLAND IS!!!"

Skadi could just look at him in unbelief. She became scared and remembered the talk she had with Kal earlier.

Timewatch wasn't just mad at himself for not saving Misha. Even in a kill or be killed situation. Amiya should have controlled herself more...

And Yumi didn't even attempt to run from her...

Ryo couldn't blame Yumi, she is a soft hearted big sister that will do what it takes to peacefully negotiated.

Kal could only look at Ryo, more importantly she was scared, that aura she felt was the same as the old doctor of Rhodes Island...

"Oh my, i didn't expect brother to wage a war against them." W said who was using a binoculars to scout ahead.

His comms are still active so that's why she heard it all...

"Ufufu... This is all getting interesting now~" W giggles intrigued on what his big brother next move will be...

To be continued

Another one done, That's it for today, imagine only one man waging a war to a team of Operators...

That's crazy as hell...

Anyways I will see you all in the next update.

Peace out YEET!!!

When? REEEEEEEEE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 4K 24
TW- Swearing, Violence, Graphic Imagery When Y/N, a genius scientist, is sought after by the Fatui for discovering the key to their victory, she's ta...
2.2K 104 15
1102 was a strange Year from Terra, and so was the preceding 4 others. The Doctor woke up from the Sarcophogas from usual, but there was something ab...
830 23 4
This is a story, a story of a traveler, a savior, a hero, a failure, a summoner that will face many things and beings throughout Terra. From saving p...
62.1K 1.4K 51
Death wasn't an unfamiliar concept, but no one knows what awaits them after it, ironically I find found myself in said situation after I fell into th...