Last Hope » Barry Allen

By heatherchandlers

❝My blank expression is pretty good for me right now❞ ❝I don't think it is, your smile would make me a whole... More

Extended Summary
00
01. The Beginning
03. Smoking Tops
04. Multiplex
05. Green Mist
06. Worry Isn't A Good Look On You
A/N

02. Meeting Barry Allen

16.8K 406 220
By heatherchandlers

9 months.

That's how long it has been since the particle accelerator exploded causing the death of my father and Caitlin's fiancée. I'm broken to say at least, I was shattered and the pieces can't be picked up or healed. My mother hasn't even contacted me or asking how I was, the only time we talked was at his funeral she starting becoming depressed and refuses to speak to anyone only the guys she sleeps with. I try and reach out to her but she pushes me away and replies with the same thing 'I don't need you or anyone' it's sad because I thought we could comfort each other but nope, she's gone all depressed and sleeps with every guy she sees.

Losing my father was hard or difficult, he helped me through everything in my life even boys which was weird. Dad always was by me and told me to always believe in the impossible no matter how impossible it is and don't let anyone tell you differently. So when Dr Wells finds out that a guy named Barry Allen was struck by lightening and needed some tests done and something happened while he was in the hospital, I knew something happened with him. We asked Iris and her dad Detective Joe West if we could move him to Star Labs they hesitantly said yes, we told him he was in good hands and we'll take care of him. Caitlin, Cisco and I always looked after him and checked on him and if he woke up.

Cisco is playing Lady Gaga music which I have no idea why as we look after Barry you know doing the daily check up on him. He actually looks kinda cute when he's sleeping if I said that out loud, I would never live that down.

"What are you doing?" Caitlin asks.

"He likes this song" Cisco replies.

"How could you possibly know that?" Caitlin asks him again.

"I checked his facebook page, he can hear everything" Cisco points out.

"Audiatory functions are the last sensory faculties to degenerate" Caitlin explains.

"So I wouldn't bother playing this song, it's terrible and he can't hear it" I reply back while walking back to his bedside while checking his vitals to see how he's doing.

"Laura, since when do you hate Lady Gaga?" Cisco asks.

"Since she started wearing meat as a dress, I like to keep my clothes cute and not edible" I reply.

Cisco laughs at my joke until we hear a gasp and "Where am I?" I turn my head and see Barry sitting up. We all rush to him and check how he is while explaining what happened to him.

"Cisco! Call Dr Wells!" I exclaim while checking his eyes as he struggles to sit up. He sits up and looks at in confusion.

"Everything's okay, you're in Star Labs" Cisco tries to calm him down.

"Star Labs? Who are you?" Barry asks.

"I'm Cisco Ramon, she's Caitlin- Dr Snow and that's Laura or Dr Winter" Cisco introduces us.

"I need you to urinate in this" Caitlin insists to Barry while I take it out of her hand.

"Not this second" Cisco replies to Caitlin, while Barry stands up firing questions at us.

"What is happening? What is going on?" Barry asks.

"You were struck by lightening" I reply to his question, while Caitlin, Cisco and I stand next to each other. Barry turns around to a camera and glances at his stomach which have some abs which I can't help staring at.

"Lightening gave me abs?" He asks in confusion.

"Yeah it did" I sigh while Caitlin looks at me. Cisco pulls Barry to sit down while we explain him what has been happening.

"You were in a coma"

"For how long?"

"9 months" Dr Wells wheels himself into the lab. "Welcome back Mr Allen, we have a lot to discuss"

Barry and Dr Wells go on a tour while wearing one of the Star Labs sweatshirt that I gave him "So let me ask you this, you enjoyed seeing Barry shirtless everyday?" Caitlin brings up.

"What? I didn't enjoy him seeing shirtless, something has knocked you in the head because I don't" Caitlin nods seeming unconvinced but shrugs it off. They came back from their tour and was talking about Barry's friend Iris.

"She talks a lot" I give Dr Wells his coffee while drinking out of my coffee cup. Iris did tend to visit a lot to see Barry she was very nice and she does ramble a lot when she's talking. I told her that he will be fine at Star Labs, she stopped visiting because of work and she told me about her boyfriend Eddie.

"Also she's hot" Cisco replies while I glare at him.

"I need to go" Barry starts to run off but we stop him.

"You can't" Caitlin calls out.

"Caitlin's right, now that you're awake we need to do tests you're still going through changes that we even don't know" Dr Wells explains.

"I'm fine, I feel normal, thank you for saving my life" Barry runs off.

"Seriously?" I ask. Barry pops his head in the doorway "Can I keep the sweatshirt?" He asks.

"Yeah keep the sweatshirt" Dr Wells nods and he runs off.

The whole team was outside ready to do some tests on Barry, he was getting changed in the suit that Cisco made for him. This is my life now which I would have never expected, if I told my child self that I would be testing a guy who was struck by lightening and maybe he has superpowers I would have never believed myself.

"You don't believe he can run fast that do you?" Caitlin asks me.

"Someone told me to believe in the impossible, and if he can run fast well then you will believe" I explain while typing on the computer. Barry walks out of the trailer in the uniform which looks hilarious on him.

"How's it fit?" Cisco asks

"It's a little snug" He replies.

"You'll be moving so fast, no one will see ya" Cisco pats his shoulder and walks off with Barry while he explains what we're doing.

"Dr Wells will be monitoring you're energy output, Caitlin you're vitals and Laura will be seeing how fast your going"

"What do you do?" Barry asks Cisco.

"I make the toy's man" Cisco smiles and shows him his latest invention. I approach Barry to check his outfit and I notice him staring at me.

"What?" I ask

"Nothing, I just notice you don't smile too much" I look up at him and push my blonde hair out of my eyes.

"My boss is in a wheelchair, my career is over and also the explosion that put you in coma also killed my father Dr Alan Winter, so this blank expression is working for me right now" I walk back to the tent, while Dr Wells gives a safety caution to Barry.

Barry gets into his running position and shoots off running, which sends the tent back and Cisco "He just passed 200 miles p/h" I call out while looking at a red blur.

"It's not possible" Caitlin says. The next thing I know is that Barry runs into the water storage which I know isn't good "I think he's hurt" I take off running to check on Barry.

We were back in Star Labs, I was showing Barry his x-Ray of his arm that healed magically in hours, I'm guessing that now he run super fast he can heal super fast. "It looks like you had a distal radiance fracture" I explain as Caitlin shows the x-Ray of his fractured arm.

"Had?" Barry asks. Caitlin swipes the screen to show his healed wrist "It healed in three hours" Caitlin answers his question.

"How is that even possible?" Barry asks.

"We don't know. Yet" Caitlin and I walk off while Cisco walks up to Barry "You need to learn how to stop" He jokes while Dr Wells wheeled up to him.

"What happened out there? You were moving well, something caused you to lose focus" Dr Wells mentions to Barry.

"I started remembering something, when I was eleven my mother was murdered" Caitlin and I look up at each other "It was late the sound woke me up, I came downstairs I saw what looked like a ball of lightning inside the lightening there was a man, he killed my mom. They arrested my dad he's still sitting in iron heights for my mothers murder, the cops the shrink all told me what I saw was impossible but what if the man who killed my mom was like me?" Barry has tears in his eyes from explaining his story.

"Well I think I can say, you are one of a kind" Dr Wells replies to Barry, he sighs and nods.

The doors open and Barry storms in and I know he's angry about something "I wasn't the only one affected by the particle accelerator explosion was I?" Barry asks, Caitlin, Cisco and I look at each other.

"We don't know for sure" Dr Wells answers.

"You said the city was safe, there was no residual danger! But that's not true, what really happened that night?" Barry asks. Caitlin, Cisco and I stay silent leaving Dr Wells to answer his question.

"Well the accelerator went active we all felt like heroes, and then it all went wrong. The dimensional barrier ruptured unleashing unknown energies into our world; anti matter, dark energy, x element" Dr Wells starts explaining.

"Those are all theoretical" Barry states.

"And how theoretical are you?" Dr Wells implies "We mapped the dispersion throughout Central City but we have no way of knowing what or who was exposed, we've been searching meta humans like yourself"

"Meta humans?" Barry asks.

"It's what we're calling them" Caitlin answers.

"I saw one today he's a bank robber, he can control the weather" Barry explains, a meta human who can control the weather? Awesome, note the sarcasm.

"This just keeps getting cooler and cooler" Cisco smiles.

"This is not cool!" Cisco smiles vanishes "A man died, Marton must've gotten his powers the same way I did from the storm cloud. He's still out there! I have to stop him before he hurts anyone else" Barry starts walking out the door before Dr Wells stops him.

"Barry, that's the job for the police" He states.

"I work for the police"

"As a forensic assistant" He replies.

"You're responsible for this, for him"

"What's important is you! I lost everything, I lost my company, I lost my reputation, I lost my freedom and then you broke your arm and it healed in three hours inside your body could be a map to a whole new world of genetics therapies, vaccines, medicines, treasures. Barry, buried deep within your cells and we cannot risk losing everything because you want to go out and play hero! You're not a hero just man struck by lightening" I have never seen Dr Wells snap like that before, Barry turns around and walks out the door.

"Maybe you should have been a little easy on him" I say to Dr Wells but he ignores me and wheels away.

Barry came back to Star Labs and needed us to help him Marton and any other meta human, we agreed and Cisco needed to show Barry something "Something I've been working on" We all walk to a room where a costume for Barry is being held.

"Designed to replace the turnouts fire fighters traditionally wear" Cisco explains.

"And Laura thought if Star Labs did something for the community, maybe people wouldn't be so angry at Dr Wells anymore" Barry turns and smiles at me, I nod my head at him and focus on the costume.

"How's it gonna help me?" Barry asks, Cisco turns to me I sigh and nod.

"It's made of a reinforced tripollunary, it's heat abrasive resistance so it should withstand you're movements at the high velocity speed" I explain while Barry stares at me with a goofy look.

"And the aerodynamic design should help you maintain control, plus it has built in censors so we can track your vitals and stay in contact" Cisco finishes.

"Thanks, now do we find Marton?" Barry asks.

"I retasked Star Labs satellite to track meteorological abnormalities over Central City" Caitlin shows us on her tablet as we look over on her shoulder "We just got a pin, it reached 20 millibars in a matter of seconds, I've tracked it to a farm just West of the city" Barry suits up and I grab him before he rushes off.

"Be careful, okay even if you have super speed he can control the weather" I assure him. He chuckles at my comment.

"Laura, I'll be fine and besides super speed can beat controlling the weather" I giggle at him while he zooms off leaving my hair all messy.

Caitlin, Cisco and I sit at the computers while Barry goes off to stop Marton "Barry this thing is getting closer, wind speeds are 200 miles p/h and increasing" Cisco explains.

"Barry can you hear me?" I ask into the earpiece.

"Yeah! Loud and clear!"

"If he keeps it up it could be an F5 tornado" Cisco states.

"And it's heading towards the city! How do I stop it?" We all look at each other, how do we stop the tornado? "Guys?"

"What if I unravel it?"

"How the hell are you gonna do that?" Caitlin asks.

"I'll run in the opposite direction and cut it off from its legs!" He explains.

"He's have to seven hundred per miles hour to do that" Cisco states to us.

"Your body may not be able to handle those speeds. You'll die" Caitlin exclaims.

"Barry! Its too dangerous and risky" I say to him.

"It's a risk I'm willing to take!" He yells. Over the earpiece I hear sounds.

"Ha-ha, the suit's holding up" Cisco smiles.

"But he's not" Caitlin states.

"He can do it" I sigh, while we check his vitals.

"It's too strong"

"You can do this Barry" I turn my head and see Dr Wells "You were right I am responsible for all of this, so many people have been hurt because of me. When I looked at you all I saw was another potential victim of my hubris, yes I created this madness but you Barry you can stop it, you can do this. Now run, Barry, run" Dr Wells explains.

I hear static on my earpiece "Barry?"

"It's okay, its okay" I sigh in relief, Caitlin and I give each other a side hug while we smile at Dr Wells and Cisco. Everything is okay now, he's alive and I can breathe now.

Cisco places a lightening bolt on Barry's suit, to put the last touch to his suit. Though I don't know why it's a lightening bolt though "Why's it shaped like a lightening bolt?" Caitlin asks, while we look at Barry's suit.

"So it's not boring" Cisco answers.

"I think our lives just got a whole lot different" I state while they nod their heads in agreement.

"And I have the perfect name for him" I clap my hands excitedly.

"What is it?" Caitlin asks.

"The flash" I smirk at them.

OMG I updated and it was a long chapter, I had to finish the first episode so I got to move along in the season and to see Laura and Barry's relationship progress. So it's a long chapter hope you enjoy and tell me what you are looking forward to Last Hope between any of the characters with Laura.

So what did you think of The Sound and Fury? I loved it and Hartley is cute and so cool!

I dedicate this chapter to wolfism because I love maddie and she has amazing stories, also she and I are baes.

Vote, comment and enjoy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 472 20
I love you my dear secretary....
26.1K 1.4K 22
I can be likable. I can be very likable. If I wanted to. They would't know that I have a dimple on my left cheek. I only smile when I'm happy. They...
71.9K 1.2K 49
Posting these because there aren't enough out there😭 Most of these will be fluff, but not all so u less you request an angst shot or I'm feeling a b...
4.1K 199 19
Disclaimer: I don't own pics music or videos.