Together Hamesha (MaNan Versi...

By IntricatelyExpressed

Nandini : Ab mei yeh natak aur nahi kar sakti Manik. You and I, it's over Manik. It's over. Two souls, Mani... More

Character Sketch
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
For my Readers
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 6

1.3K 60 0
By IntricatelyExpressed

Doctor : She's fine. We've done some tests and I've given her an injection. We're shifting her to a room. She's still unconscious but she'll wake up soon. Also, I wanted to ask you one thing. Is it the 1st time that she felt such an excruciating pain?

Manik : Yes doctor. This is the first time ki Nandini ko aisa headache hua hai that it became unbearable for her. Doctor, everything is okay na?

Doctor : For now, yes. We'll know more once we get the test results. So, we need to wait. And Mr? I'm sorry aapka naam?

Manik : Manik. Manik Malhotra. 

Doctor : Okay. So, Mr. Malhotra yeh kuch dawaiyaan hai jo maine Nandini ke liye prescribe ki hai. Usko yeh breakfast, lunch aur dinner ke baad deni hai. 

Manik nodded and took the prescription from the doctor. The ward boys got Nandini out on the stretcher. Manik looked at her.

Doctor : You can go with Nandini. And call me once she has gained consciousness. 

Manik : Okay doctor. 

Manik went along with the ward boys towards the hospital room.

In the hospital room 

Manik was sitting on the stool besides Nandini's bed when he heard something.

Nandini : Ma.. Manik..

Manik immediately got up from his seat to look at Nandini. She opened her eyes. Manik sighed in relief. Nandini tried to get up. Manik helped her sit. He filled a glass of water from the nearby jug and made her drink some water. She drank the water and looked at Manik. He wasn't looking directly into her eyes. This bothered her. 

Manik : Tumhe bhook lagi hai? You want to eat something? Mei tumhare liye kuch khane ko lekar aata hu.

Manik still avoided eye contact. He was about to go.

Nandini : Manik, I don't want anything. Come here. 

She signalled him to come and sit beside her on the bed. She knew Manik was making excuses to hide his feelings. Manik didn't want her to see his pain.

Manik : Nandini, I'll call the doctor. You're conscious now. So she'll come and check you. Wait, I'll call her. 

He turned to leave. 

Nandini : (In an assertive voice) Manikkk.. Sit.

Manik turned around and came towards the bed. Nandini shifted a little to make place for Manik on the bed. He sat there with his head hung low and constantly fidgeting with his fingers. It hurt Nandini to see him like this. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She had to be patient to get him out of his trance. 

Nandini : Manik, look at me. 

He did not oblige. Nandini just looked at him. She needed to try something else. 

Nandini : What is this Manik? Why aren't you looking at me? I was the one who fell unconscious and.. 

Manik's head shot up at the word ‘unconscious’ and what Nandini saw on his face broke her heart. Tears were streaming down his cheeks. Fear was evident on his face. Nandini moved closer to him and cupped his face. Manik pulled her closer to him and hid his face in her hair. He sobbed like a baby. Nandini's one hand was rubbing his back and her other hand was caressing his hair. 

Nandini : Manik, mei thik hu. I'm fine. Kuch nahi hua hai mujhe. I'm here, Manik. Shhhh...

She tried consoling him. He just hugged her tighter as if loosening the grip would make her vanish. Nandini's heart pained at his state but she had to be strong. She kept whispering sweet nothings into his ears. When Manik had calmed down, they broke the hug. Nandini wiped the tears on Manik's cheeks. Manik held both her hands in his and looked at her. 

Manik : I'm sorry. Mei.. mei darr gaya tha. Seeing you go limp in my arms, I thought I had.. I had lost you. I.. I just.. I can't lose you Nandini. 

Nandini cupped his face. 

Nandini : Manik, mei thik hu. Kuch nahi hua hai mujhe. See. Fit and fine, in front of you. Aur tum the na mere saath. Toh mujhe kaise kuch ho sakta hai? Haa? I know tum mujhe kuch nahi hone doge. 

Manik smiled a little at that. 

Manik : Remember when I had come home, I asked you ki tum mujhe chod kar toh nahi jaaogi? 

Nandini nodded her head at that.

Manik : I.. I had this weird feeling ki kuch bura hone wala hai. And see. 

He shut his eyes in anguish. Nandini took him in her embrace to provide the necessary comfort. 

Nandini : Jab tak hum dono saath hai, kuch bura nahi hoga. Kuch bhi nahi. Okay?

He just hugged her tighter in response. They both heard the door knob click. They broke apart. The doctor came in. 

Doctor : How are you feeling Nandini? 

Nandini : Feeling better now. 

The doctor began checking Nandini. 

Manik : I'm sorry doctor. Woh mei aapko bulane hi..

Nandini : Arey, tum kyu isse sorry bol rahe ho? It's alright. 

Manik gaped at Nandini in astonishment. ‘How could she talk about the doctor like that?’, he thought. The doctor and Nandini laughed at his expressions. Manik's eyes widened in surprise. He was clueless of the scenario taking place in front of him. His mind was filled with thoughts.

Manik : What am I missing? 

Nandini : Oh sorry. She's Arohi. Mangalore mein, she lived in our neighborhood. Then wo apni studies puri karne ke liye London chali gayi. And now she's here. I'm meeting her after so many years. And Arohi, this is Manik. My..

Dr. Arohi : Boyfriend. I know. You're really lucky to have him. He didn't even want to leave your side for a second. And he was so worried about you. Don't ever lose him. Also, he's cute.

Dr. Arohi winked at Nandini and Manik blushed a little at the compliment. Nandini looked at him and smiled.

Nandini : Yes, I am. The luckiest. I can't even dream of leaving him.

Dr. Arohi : Okay Nandini. Bahut baatein hogayi. Now I think you should go home. You need rest. 

Mr. Malhotra..

Manik : Manik, please.

Dr. Arohi : Okay. Manik, you can take her home now. She needs a lot of rest. Jab reports aa jayegi, I'll let you guys know. And take care of her. It was a pleasure meeting you. Mei discharge papers lekar aati hu. Then you both can go. 

Manik smiled and nodded his head. Dr. Arohi came back with the papers. He signed them and they both left the hospital.

At Nandini's house 

They both were in Nandini's room. Manik tucked Nandini in bed and climbed in next to her. They both slept peacefully in each other's arms. 

The next morning, sun rays disturbed Nandini's sleep. She woke up to the sight of an empty bed besides her. 

Nandini : Manikk.. Yeh Manik kaha gaya? 

Before she could call him out, he entered the room with a tray full of breakfast, juice and medicines for her.

Manik : Arey, you are awake? Ab agar tum uth hi gayi ho toh yeh lo. Breakfast kar lo.

He said all this while keeping the tray on the side table. 

Nandini : Manik what is all this? And where did you get this breakfast from? And why are these medicines here? Manik I'm fine. And you know that I hate medicines.

Nandini said all this in one go, cribbing like a 2 year old child. Manik sat in front of her on the bed.

Manik : Nandini, don't crib like a baby. You know that I can't let anything happen to you. And you have to take these medicines to get better. Aur agar tumhe kuch bhi ho gaya toh mera kya? Haa?  Mei kuch nahi sunne wala hu. Quickly go and freshen up. Then you will have this breakfast and medicines.

Without saying anything, Nandini nodded and went to the bathroom to have a quick shower. She came out of the bathroom and Manik made her have breakfast. Now it was time for the medicines. Since 15 minutes, Manik was trying to persuade Nandini to have the medicines but Nandini was being stubborn. If she didn't want to have the medicines, she wouldn't. Finally, exhausted of her tantrums,

Manik : (Angrily) Okay. Fine. Nai khani hai na tumhe medicines, toh mat khao. But keep one thing in mind. Jab tak tum yeh medicines nai khaogi, I will not talk to you. I'm waiting downstairs. Come down fast or else we will be late for college.

Saying this, he kept the medicines on the side table and went out of the bedroom. Nandini to herself, ‘Oh God. Manik bahut gusse mei tha. Aur agar usne bola hai toh woh sach mei mujhse baat nahi karega. Mujhe uski baat maan leni chahiye thi. Woh mere liye itna kuch karta hai. Mei uske liye yeh medicines toh le hi sakti hu. Nandini, tu bhi na. Give him a break. Woh already teri health ko lekar itna pareshaan hai aur tu usse aur pareshaan kar rahi hai. Now go.’ After completing her self talk, Nandini took her bag & medicines and went downstairs. Manik was waiting for her in the living room.

Nandini : Manik vo..

Before she could complete, 

Manik : (Harshly) Chale Nandini? We are already late.

Manik did not even look at her and started walking towards the door. Nandini did not like this behaviour of Manik. She hated it when Manik ignored her. Tears welled up in her eyes. She brushed those tears off and softly said ‘Ma..Manik.’

Listening to her cracking voice, Manik immediately turned to face her. He saw the medicines in her hand and understood that she might want to take the medicines. He blamed himself for not even looking at her once and ignoring her the way he did. He knew how much it hurt her when he ignored her and he still did it. He cursed himself. 

Nandini : Manik, I will take the medicines. I know tum mujhe thik dekhna chahte ho that is why you were forcing me to take the medicines. I'm sorry for troubling you so much and throwing tantrums to take them. 

Listening to her, Manik's face lit up. He went towards her, made her sit on the sofa and brought water for her. Nandini gulped the medicines. After she had taken the medicines, Manik knelt down in front of her and immediately hugged her tightly.

Manik : I'm sorry Nandini. Mujhe tum par aise chilana nai chahiye tha. I'm sorry. But mei kya karta Nandini? You know what to mean to me, right? And yesterday tumhe uss halat mei dekhkar, mei darr gaya tha. I can't lose you Nandini.

A lone tear escaped his eye. Nandini felt something wet on her shoulder. She broke the hug and cupped Manik's face.

Nandini : (Wiping off the tear) Manik, tum kyu sorry bol rahe ho? It's not your fault. Saari fault meri hai. I should have taken the medicines. Manik mei jaanti hu tumhe kal kaisa feel ho raha hoga. Even the thought of drifting away from you makes me shudder. And I promise mei aaj ke baad kabhi bhi medicines lene ke liye tumhe pareshaan nai karungi. Okay? 

Manik nodded his head. He cupped her face and planted a lingering kiss on her forehead. 

Manik : I love you.

Nandini : I love you too.

They both smiled at each other. 

Manik : Chale?

Nandini nodded and they left for college.

Hey guys! Here's the next update. I hope you'll liked it. Do leave your votes and comments below.
- Sakshi❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 13.7K 41
Childhood best friends but got separated. They meet after 12 years. They fell in love. They were about to tie with each other with auspicious nupt...
113K 7K 24
This story begins from the point of Musicana night where Manik breaks Nandini's heart breaking himself in the process. What will happen next? Will Na...
14.1K 1.3K 12
โ–ซ๏ธโ–ซ๏ธโ–ซ๏ธโ–ซ๏ธโ–ซ๏ธ Nandini Kashyap was a pampered child of a prominent political family in New Delhi. Her life was all about fighting with her cousin and cre...
93.9K 9.3K 57
#6 in Lifestory out of ~10K stories (June, 2021) When THE Nandini Murthy met Manik F*CKBOI Malhotra, during her undergrad days in New York, it was th...