King of the Court

Par ashleethao823

Can the King of the Court become King of Akiyama Akira's heart and win her over? Maybe love at first is a rea... Plus

Introduction
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Chapter 1

29 1 2
Par ashleethao823

Akiyama

Fixing my bow tie on my school uniform, I was getting ready to walk to school.

"Mom, I'm off to school." I told her as I waved goodbye while putting on my black shoes.

"You're leaving without eating breakfast?"

I looked up at my mom, then at my 2 year old brother who was waddling his way to hug me, arms wide open.

I finished tying my laces on my shoes and picked up my little brother, Hiroaki, and held him.

"No, I'll just drink some quick iced tea on my way there. I feel sick when I eat breakfast too early."

My mother frowned. "I thought by now your body would be out of the habit."

I frowned along with my beautiful and stunning mother. "Me too, but I haven't." I put Hiroaki down and kissed him goodbye on the forehead, waving goodbye to my mother once again and walking out the door on my way to Karasuno high.

I pulled out my phone and earbuds and put on some music while I enjoy my walk to school. The walk takes me about 15 to 20 minutes, and classes start at 8:45. So that I have some extra time to work on my work and study, I try to get to the school an hour before classes start. I look at my phone to check the time and it's 7:15.

I stop by a small store and order an iced sweet tea so I could drink it on my way to school. But for some reason, I was feeling like strawberry milk so I ordered that instead. The strawberry milk was milk with strawberry smushed up, boiled, and then mixed in with the milk.

I got my drink and continued my walk to the school.

Upon arrival, I still had a while and I wanted to enjoy being outside some more, so I decided to walk around the school and go to any of the gyms open.

Thump. Squeak. Thump. Squeak.

"Bring it to me!" I heard someone yell at one of the gyms. I was curious so I unconsciously headed towards the screaming and yelling.

Wow..

The view that I saw, it was amazing. People flying, diving onto the hardwood gym floors, various hands smacking the ball into the others' court over the net.

I always loved watch people play their sport, and it was amazing and fun. But watching these guys play, this team, was another thing. They were in love with volleyball. My eyes roamed over all of the guys there, seeing if I knew a familiar face. Nope, not one.

Oh...?

But there definitely was one guy who caught my full attention.

The tall boy with black hair. I can't really see his eye color from this point, but I can see that the only thing he can see is the ball. He stood the closest to the net and tossed the ball so that the boy with the orange spiky hair can spike it into the other team's court.

"Excuse me." I heard a sweet and feminine voice from behind me.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." I bowed my head and moved out of the way of the entrance.

"Have you come here to sign up to be a manager for the boys' volleyball team?" She asked me.

"No, I just got curious of what I heard and couldn't stop myself from watching." I looked down and lightly scratched my neck, something I do out of nervousness.

"If you haven't found a club to join yet, you should join ours! You can even stop by to watch before you decide as well." She gave a heartwarming and kind smile. She's so drop-dead gorgeous, she could be a model.

"Ah, maybe some other time." I checked my phone for the time and realized I'd only have about 40 minutes to do some early work. "Oh! I should get going, maybe I'll see you around." I smiled slightly at her and then went on back to the first year part of the school.

I entered my classroom and got my stuff out and started to do the extra work and studying that I would normally do. Before I knew it, time had passed and it was lunch time. My friend Yachi, who sat next to me, got out her lunch as I got mine out at the same time.

We moved our desks closer to each other and shared our lunches as well. We talked about a lot of stuff, like with class and the teachers.

"Yachi-san," I got her attention while she was chewing on a piece of food.

"Mmm." She mumbled in response to let me know I have her attention.

"This morning I stopped by the gym," I pushed my food around with my chopsticks. "and I saw the boys' volleyball team practice. The manager saw me and invited me to come and watch them before I decide to apply to be their second manager."

She swallowed her food and spoke. "Then are you going to go?"

I nodded my head in response along with, "And I was wondering if you could come along with me?"

Turning my head to her and pleading her with the best puppy eyes I could imagine, she quickly gave in and agreed to my request that she tag along with me.

"Ahh, then we should let the manager know beforehand. When do you plan to go?" She asked.

"Hmm.. Are you free today? I am."

She nods her head and then we both agreed that we could stay after school to watch the volleyball practice. We wrap up our lunches, put it away, straightened our desks, and went off to find the manager.

"Ahh, dang it." I said to myself in annoyance.

"What is it, Akiyama-san?" Yachi asked me.

"I should have asked for her name and year." I frowned noticing how hard it would be to find her. She's so gorgeous, but we have tons of other gorgeous girls here too.

"Ah, I have an idea!" She sprung up and I could see the light bulb in her head light up.

"Why don't we just go to the gym the volleyball team practices in? The chances of finding her there could be pretty high."

"Oh, you're right!" I exclaimed in excitement, us hugging each other.

We made our way to the gym in hopes of finding the volleyball team there. I grabbed one of the door handles to open the door allowing us to see the volleyball team practicing.

"Um.." I said slightly, feeling sorry to ruin their practice.

Everyone turned their heads towards me, even the orange-haired spiker. He plopped down and the volleyball had fell down on top of his head, causing him to wince in small pain and rub his head hoping to relieve the pain.

At that moment, I felt it. All eyes on me. All of the attention on me. My hands started to get clammy and I could feel myself start to break in a cold sweat.

"Ah, it's you!" Someone said. A feminine voice. I turned to the direction of the voice and sighed in relief, realizing that she was here and we wouldn't have to search for her all around campus.

"Someone you know?" A black-haired guy said, walking towards me.

"I'm glad you came." She turned towards the guys who were now crowding around us in a half-circle, but not too close. "I saw her this morning watching you guys at the entrance and told her that she should sign up to be another manager for this club."

"Nice to meet you, my name is Sawamura Daichi and I'm the team captain."

"A-ah, nice to meet you too!" I said in a panic and bowed at 90 degrees. "I'm Akiyama Akira, and this is-" I turned around me to introduce Yachi but she wasn't there. I opened the door and pulled her next to me by grabbing her wrist.

"This is Yachi-san, my friend." I turned towards the manager. "I was going to ask if my friend could join me as well."

"Ah," the manager's eyes sparkled. "Yes, I'd like that. I'm Kiyoko Shimizu. It's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you." Yachi and I said back in awe, bowing at 90 degrees.

Yachi and I left back to our class and to continue doing our work. School had ended so we headed back to the gym and watched them practice.

I was sitting with Yachi on my right and Kiyoko-senpai on my left and we were just creating small talk, us getting to know her and vise versa. Kiyoko-senpai went to run some errands so it was just me and Yachi together. A little orange-haired boy came up to us, with tons of energy.

"Hi! It's nice to meet you! I'm Hinata Shouyo!" He said, sticking his hands out for us to shake.

I shook his, Yachi following suit.

"It's nice to meet you too!" We replied.

The boy who had caught my eye earlier came and Hinata nudged him on the side. He mumbled some stuff to him and the boy quietly grunted.

"O-oh, you don't have to introduce yourself, it's okay!" I said, trying to be nice and understanding that he may not want to talk to us.

He then burst out. "Nice to meet you! I'm Kageyama Tobio!" And then he bowed at 90 degrees.

Yachi and I sprung up in surprise and started to stutter.

"I-i-it's nice t-t-o meet you too. Y-you can g-get up now." I said.

He raised his head and our eyes locked the moment he looked at me. His blue, captivating eyes.

Kageyama

I raised up my head and when I looked back up my eyes locked with hers. Her sparkling dark blue eyes caught my attention and it was too hard to look away.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Chapter 1, complete. Sorry that it's so long, I'm the type of author who hates to drag stuff on but also hates it when it's too face-paced.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

660K 40.3K 104
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
136K 4.2K 45
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
1.1M 49.5K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
86.4K 4.8K 34
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...