Chapter 3

Kageyama

Cookies. A bag of cookies were in front of me in the hands of the girl, Akiyama. I was confused, what was this for? Is this what they called a confession? Do I get cookies or sweets every time someone confesses to me?

"T-thank you?" I said, confused on why I was receiving this.

"F-for last night." Akiyama said, blushing while touching the back of her neck. Or I think it's the back of her neck. I don't think she would be touching anything else behind her.

"Oh, right. Thank you." I said again.

It was the perfect time too. I could eat these with the lunch I bought on my way here.

"Do you want to join me for lunch?" I asked. Stupid, why did you ask? What if this isn't a confession?

"U-uh, I probably can't today. Yachi is waiting for me and my lunch is there. Instead, do you want to have lunch with us?" She asked me.

I thought about it for a few seconds and then nodded to answer her question. She smiled and I followed her to where their class was.

"Yachi-san," She called out to her friend. "Kageyama-san is going to eat lunch with us. Is that okay?"

"Hm? Mm! You're okay with sharing lunch too, right?" Yachi asked me.

Oh? They share lunch?

"Ah, Yachi and I share our lunches. You can share with us and we can split our lunches between us if you're okay with it?" Akiyama asked me.

Sharing lunches.. Is this another way of confession? No. Yachi is here too. Does Yachi like me too?

"Y-yeah, I'm okay with it." I grabbed a chair and I sat in front of them. We split our lunches up into three sections and gave one portion to the other person.

"Oh? Is this store bought?" Yachi asked.

"Y-yeah. My mom is away most of the time so I'm home alone a lot. I can't cook so I just buy my lunch."

"Ahh." Yachi replied.

Akiyama

We just talked about a few things here and there and before we knew it, lunch was over. Yachi and I put our stuff away.

"Uh.. Akiyama-san."

"Yeah?" I asked Kageyama.

"D-do you think you can walk me to class?"

Would the boy get lost? Keep the laugh in Akira, keep the laugh in.

"Y-yeah. Yachi-san, I'll be back." I said, turning to my friend to let her know. She waved us goodbye and we set on our very very very short journey to his class, 1-2.

"Akiyama-san," Kageyama started. "Did you confess to me?"

"E-eh?!"

"Oh. Was it not a confession?" He asked, starting to blush.

"Kageyama-san, I'm not sure what to say." I chuckle, his cute mistake being adorable. "It wasn't a confession. I just wanted to thank you for what you did last night." I looked down at my feet. Oh gosh, this was so embarrassing.

"Ah, okay. Then forget about it. Thank you for letting me eat lunch with you guys. You should get to class."

"Y-yeah, bye! I'll see you at practice." I smiled and hurriedly went back to my class. My face was so red, I couldn't stop blushing.

"Akiyama-san." Yachi said, waving her hand in front of my face.

"Y-yeah?"

"Are you okay? Are you getting sick?" She put her hand up to my forehead.

"You don't have a fever, but your face is hot."

"Kageyama-san just thought I was confessing to him." I look at Yachi with the biggest eyes I could, my two hands cupping my face to cover up myself blushing.

She tried to muffle her laugh so that we won't be heard. I turn back to my work and started to work again.

School finally ended and volleyball practice had started. Yachi had to go home right after school today, so it would just be me.

Volleyball practice went nice and smooth like before, and by time it was time to go home. Daichi bought us pork buns again and this time I didn't refuse it. We all parted ways to go back home. Hinata parted ways with Kageyama and I and once again it was just me and him.

"I'll walk you home." Kageyama said.

"Eh? N-no, it's okay! I can walk home by myself. I'm sure what happened yesterday night won't happen again!"

"Tch. It's just to be safe." He said with a cute pout at the end. I feel guilty but it also seems like he won't back down.

"Okay, okay." He walked me home and then went back to go to his place.

{Next morning}

"Oh? Why are you making two? Is your appetite getting bigger?" My mom asked me.

"O-oh. My new friend's mom isn't home much so he buys lunch. I thought he may like homemade food more."

"Are you sure your cooking is good enough for his liking?" She asked.

"E-eh? I didn't think about that."

My mom started to laugh. "I'm just kidding, I'm sure he'll enjoy it."

I packed the bento boxes and gave my little brother a hug before leaving. I grabbed a strawberry smoothie from the cafe and left out the doors.

Upon arriving school, I went to the gym to find Kageyama to give him his lunch.

"Kagayama-san." I said, catching his attention. He jogged over to me.

"Yes."

"Here you go." I said, nervously while handing him one of the bento boxes. "I didn't know what you like and don't like, so I hope this isn't bad."

He stood there, kind of stunned.

"Um, Kageyama-san? What's wrong? Oh, I'm sorry. Did I overstep my boundaries? Do you not like this? I'm so sorry, I can take it back. Never mind about this, haha. I'm so sorry." I rambled my mouth off.

"O-oh, yes. Thank you. I was just surprised. No one has done this for me before."

"I thought maybe you'd like a homemade lunch instead. Did you already buy your lunch?"

"No. I was running late to practice so I was going to buy some during lunch."

"That's great! You don't have to keep buying them anymore. If you come to like the food, I can make some for your everyday!"

"Oh, thank you." He looked back behind him. "I should get back to practice."

"A-ah, you should. I'll see you later." I waved him goodbye and left to do my work.