My Hero Academia: Mind Over M...

By c12376

Aeden never knew his parents,but he doesn't care about his undiscovered past. All he cares about now is his c... More

BNHA Prologue
BNHA Part 1
BNHA Part 2
BNHA Part 3
BNHA Part 4
BNHA Part 5
BNHA Part 6
BNHA Part 7
BNHA Part 8
BNHA Part 9
BNHA Part 10
BNHA Part 11
BNHA Part 12
BNHA Part 13
BNHA Part 14
BNHA Part 15
BNHA Part 16
BNHA Part 17
BNHA Part 18
BNHA Part 20
BNHA Part 21
BNHA Part 22
BNHA Part 23
BNHA Part 24
BNHA Part 25
BNHA Part 26
BNHA Part 27
BNHA Part 28
BNHA Part 29
BNHA Part 30
BNHA Part 31
BNHA Part 32
BNHA Part 33
BNHA Part 34
BNHA Part 35
BNHA Part 36
BNHA Part 37
BNHA Part 38
BNHA Part 39
BNHA Part 40
BNHA Part 41
BNHA Part 42
BNHA Part 43
BNHA Part 44
BNHA Part 45
BNHA Part 46
BNHA Part 47
BNHA Part 48
BNHA Part 49
BNHA Part 50
BNHA Part 51
BNHA Part 52
BNHA Part 53
BNHA Part 54
BNHA Part 55
BNHA Part 56
BNHA Part 57
BNHA Part 58
BNHA Part 59
BNHA Part 60
BNHA Part 61
BNHA Part 62
BNHA Part 63
BNHA Part 64
BNHA Part 65
BNHA Part 66
New Book
Part 69

BNHA Part 19

46 1 1
By c12376

--Marsha--

TV:Welcome back to our special! All Might,the journey from number 1 hero to UA teacher! Today,we'll be looking back at All Might's achievements,and his incredible ride--

Kurogiri turns off the TV. I look at him with confused eyes before he motioned his head toward Shigaraki. He has a smile on his face,which is quite rare in here. He stands up and left the bar without saying a word.

Marsha:I'm gonna get some more lemonade. | Kurogiri:Alright then...(I pour a drink of lemonade) Izuku Midoriya. | Marsha:Supposedly quirkless in middle school,but he suddenly manifested one. | Kurogiri:After enrolling in UA High,he distinguished himself by finishing on the top eight of the world famous Sports Festival. | Marsha:Then,during the Hosu Incident,he and his friends fought the Hero Killer and surprisingly won. Still bummed out about that guy killing my favorite monster.

Kurogiri:Afterward,the Hero Killer chose to spare the child's life. Izuku Midoriya was acknowledged by Stain,the man seeking out true heroes as worthy. He judged Tomura Shigaraki quiet differently...

--Midoriya--

Now that our intense first semester at UA High is over,me and my classmates are out for summer vacation! That doesn't mean we have time to relax. We got a training camp in the woods coming up,and I want to be prepared as possible.

Midoriya looks into the age-old video of All Might rescuing 100 people in less than 10 minutes.

All Might:*in the video* Fear not,citizens! Hope has arrived!  Because I am here! | Midoriya:...Thanks,All Might. (looks down on his scarred hand)

There are times when I can't believe that this is my life,that the number 1 hero in the world passed his quirk,One for All,unto me.

Midoriya hears his front door rang,so he put down his weight and opened it.

Midoriya:Mineta? Kaminari? Hey! | Denki:Heyo,Midoriya! | Mineta:Come to the pool with us! | Midoriya:The pool? | Denki:Yeah! Some fun before the training camp. | Mineta:*thumbs up with one eye closed* We're looking in for some solid laughs!

Midoriya,after a few seconds of silence,agreed and asked if Aeden can come as well,since he's nearby. They reluctantly agreed,and they head off to Aeden's apartment. Once they reach the door,they ring the doorbell.

???:Coming!

The door soon opens to see Aeden's little sister,Naki.

Naki:Hm? Oh,hi Midoriya! | Midoriya:Hi Naki! | Aeden:Who's there,Naki? | Naki:It's Midoriya with his friends!

Aeden comes up to the door with a smile on his face as he chow down the food on his plate that he's carrying.

Aeden:Morning. What's the deal? | Midoriya:Denki and Mineta are planning to have some fun times at the pool at UA! We're thinking if you can join us! | Aeden:Hey,that's a great idea! Is it alright that Naki joins? | Mineta:No problem man! | Denki:Can she swim? | Aeden:Yeah. | Denki:Cool then! We'll wait for you here.

He finishes his food and gives a thumbs up. He close the door and after a few minutes,both of them comes out with their bags.

Aeden:Alright,let's go! | Midoriya:*we all start walking* Did you already contact your parents,Aeden? | Aeden:Yup. | Denki:That was fast. | Aeden:Yeah.

They walk and talk on the way to UA as Naki holds Aeden's hand. Soon enough,they arrived at UA and head to the teacher's lounge,where Aizawa-Sensei and Vlad King,class 1-B's teacher,was talking.

Mineta:Excuse us. | Vlad King:Yes? What is it? | Denki:Sorry to interrupt,we were wondering about the form we turned in a few days ago,about the pool? | Aizawa-Sensei:Oh. The school has granted you permission. You're allowed to use to the pool until 5 pm. | Denki:*bows* Thanks! | Mineta:*bows* You won't regret this,sir!

Vlad King:What about the kid? | Aeden:Oh,she's my little sister. Our parents aren't home. | Vlad King:Ah,I see. Alright then. | Aizawa-Sensei:You said you wanted to use the pool for endurance training,correct? Make the time count. | Midoriya,Denki,Mineta,Aeden:Right!

We all bow and leave the lounge,then head toward the locker room.

Midoriya:So we're using the pool to improve our stamina! That's a great idea,Mineta! | Aeden:Plus,we're at school,so we can use our quirks. | Midoriya:It'll be the perfect way to train! | Denki:Haha! Just what you expect from us heroes! | Mineta:You know what we're gonna do. Go beyond! Plus Ultra! | Midoriya:Ultra! | Aeden:Ultra! | Naki:Ultra!

They all changed into their swim wear as Aeden helped Naki change as well.

Aeden:There,does it feel uncomfortable at all? | Naki:No,it's okay. I like it!

She wears some black and yellow shorts with a long-sleeved shirt that have the words 'Captain Adorable' on it.

Midoriya:Aw,you look so cute,Naki! | Naki:*giggles* Thanks! | Aeden:Where's Denki and Mineta? | Midoriya:They just left.

We all leave the locker room and head towards the pool,to which revealed all of the boys in our class are here as well.

Ida:There you are,slowpokes!

Mineta:No no no! What the heck are you guys doing here?! | Midoriya:Since we're doing endurance training at the pool,I messaged everyone to see if they want to come with us!

Denki and Mineta whispered to each other as they look at the girls who are here as well. They're all wearing the UA's bathing suits and are stretching,to which Naki joins with Mina and Jiro beside her.

Asui:Oh hey! Hi Mineta! | Jiro:I didn't know you guys would be here. | Mina:Specially this cutie! (gently pinches Naki's cheek)

Ida:Kaminari! Mineta! Nice work! I'm proud of you suggesting more training! You're an asset to our class! Let me thank you! Now,don't just sit there. It's time to sweat with us!

Ida carries Kaminari and Mineta to us as he laughs while they struggle out of his grip. 

For the next few hours,the girls played pool volleyball with Naki as the boys trained hard.

Ida:Let's take a fifteen minute breather! I brought these for everyone! Please drink up!

Ida puts down a cooler full of orange juice.

Sato:Nice! | Ojiro:Thanks a lot,class rep! | Sero:This is just what I needed. | Aeden:Thanks,Ida!

Ida:Hey,Midoriya. Looks like you could use a break. | Midoriya:*pants* You're probably right. Thanks.

Midoriya drinks the orange juice,but notices Ida staring at him.

Midoriya:Hm? Something wrong? | Ida:No. This is just funny,that's all. At the entrance exams,I couldn't imagine the two of us would get along,much less become such good friends. I guess if I'm being honest,I didn't think that much of you,back then. And yet,during the practical exam...you did put Uraraka ahead of yourself,even though saving her meant she might not pass.

Midoriya remembers when he was accepted into UA,with All Might being the one saying 'You made it'

Midoriya:I was so happy. It has always been a dream of mine to attend All Might's school someday,even though I knew it was a long shot. And then,when Mr. Aizawa said the person in last place in the fitness test would be expelled,I was sure I'd be going home.

Aeden:*takes the seat next to Midoriya* You may have thought that,but you never gave up,not during combat training either. | Ida:You weren't perfect,indeed,your methods were reckless,but I can feel the tenacity and drive you brought to each test. I believe that's the reason Bakugo and I lost to you in our training round.

Midoriya:Thanks Ida,but I'm only here because so many people helped me get here,and that's why I'll work even harder from now on!

Midoriya stands up and feel the hype going through him,but it was quickly shut down when he heard...

???:You better! | Aeden:Bakugo? | Bakugo:The next time I beat you,I want you to be at your strongest! You damn nerd! | Midoriya:Eh,Kacchan!? | Kirishima:*blocks Bakugo from getting closer* Hey,I got your message! Sorry I'm late,took a while to convince Bakugo to come out.

That's not very surprising...

Bakugo:So,Deku! You wanna settle who's the best between us right now? Hah!? | Midoriya:No,that's not it...! | Aeden:Hm,you what,we could make this training a contest. | Ida:I was thinking the same thing.

Ida:Hey everyone! I propose that we see which of the boys can swim fifty-meters the fastest! A friendly race! | Denki:Yeah! | Sero:That sounds fun! | Sato:Let's do it!

Momo:Ida! Why don't you let us help you out with this. | Ida:Yes,please! | Ojiro:*raises his hand* And quirks? Can we use them? | Ida:We're at school,so it shouldn't be a problem about that. | Aeden:However,you cannot cause any damage to classmates or the building.

Bakugo:I'm gonna annihilate you,Deku. And you too,Big Brain! You bastard!

The first line of people is Mineta,Tokoyami,Koji,Bakugo,and Denki.

Momo:Alright now,everyone on your marks! Get set!

Momo whistles and Bakugo immediately jumped high into the air.

Bakugo:Boost speed: Turbo!!! (Bakugo immediately reached the other side) | Sero:What do you think you're doing!? | Kirishima:You didn't even tough the water! | Bakugo:It's called freestyle swimming!

Next up is Sero,Aoyama,Aeden,Sato,and Kaminari.

Momo:Everyone on your marks! Get set!

Momo whistles and Sero uses his Tape quirk to pull himself to the other side,only to get shot down by Aoyama clashing into him because of his quirk's restrictions. Aeden,however,had a thick coat of his quirk on his body and dived into the water when Momo whistled. All you can see is the black form of Aeden's figure before he butterfly off the water and land at the other side with a front flip.

Naki:Yay! Brother won!

Aeden fixes his blindfold before Naki tackled him. Aeden smiles as he head pats Naki,to which all of the girls died of how cute and wholesome they are.

Next up is Ida,Me,Ojiro,Clyde,and Shoji.

Momo:On your marks! Get set! Go!

We all dived into the water as Ida glides along the line that separates us with his quirk.

One for All: Full Cowling!

Power surged throughout my body as I speed up,matching Ida's speed in just seconds. Ida noticed me,so he went into full throttle as I continue to speed up. We both reach out our hands toward the other end,and I was the first one to touch before he did.

I heard everyone cheering for me as I get out of the water and help Ida out as well.

Ida:You beat me! Good work. | Midoriya:You were amazing out there too,Ida!

--Aeden--

Silence fell into our ears as Ida,Midoriya,and Todoroki looked at each other with determination emanating from them.

Ida:It's time for the final race! Bakugo,Aeden,Midoriya,as winners in each heat,you'll fight for first place,understand? | Midoriya:Got it! | Aeden:Mhm. | Bakugo:Listen up,scar face. You better bring out everything you got. | Aeden:I will. | Bakugo:*to Midoriya*You too! Fight to win! | Midoriya:Yeah. I will! I promise!

We all head to our places and get into position.

Ida:And the fifty-meter freestyle final race will now begin!

Everyone cheered for us as the few of them joked a bit about Bakugo killing us with his quirk.

Ida:Now,on your marks!

(deep breathe out) Peace of mind.

Power surged throughout my body as Midoriya activated his Full Cowling and Bakugo let out a few sparks in anticipation.

Ida:Get set!

Ida whistled and we all dive/jump into the race,only for our quirks to suddenly disappear.

Denki:What happened? | Sero:Why aren't they using their quirks? | Aizawa-Sensei:It's 5 pm. Your authorized pool time is officially over. Hurry up and go home. | Denki:Come on,just one second! | Sero:We were finally getting to the good part! | Aizawa-Sensei:*his eyes glowed red* Are you questioning me? | Everyone:*scared* Not at all,Mr. Aizawa!

Everyone head back into the locker room and changed while Naki was at the other side,getting dressed thanks to Mina's help. I was done first,so I waited for Mina and Naki to come out.

Aeden:*picks up Naki* Thanks for the assitance,Mina. | Mina:Anytime,bro!

After that,me and Midoriya head back home as Naki rests her head on my shoulder,napping away the exhaustion from a few hours ago as the sun starts to set. When we got back to the apartments,I said my goodbyes to Midoriya and head back up to our home while Midoriya head to the beach where All Might first trained him.

I counted the doors that I pass and stopped at the one that is my home. I use my quirk to get the keys out of my pocket and unlocked the door,then I swing it open.

Aeden:*pats Naki's back* Naki. Naki,wake up. We're back home. | Mom:Welcome back,young ones! How's your day at the pool? | Aeden:Fun! Had a race between all of the classmates. | Dad:Who won? | Aeden:No one. Me,Midoriya,and Bakugo were about to race but it was already 5 pm,so Aizawa-Sensei stepped in and interrupted us. | Dad:Really? | Aeden:Yeah...

--Marsha--

Shigaraki:*making a card pyramid* The master is good. I tried so hard to find out where those idiots were going and he figured it out in an instant. Guess he really showed me up. | Kurogiri:It was worth having a team on standby then,wasn't it,Tomura Shigaraki?

Shigaraki:*hmphs as the card pyramid collapses* I guess? | Giran:*behind the door as he lets out a puff of smoke* I heard back from the Union today. You can expect a delivery tomorrow. It was thrown together quickly,so it might not look like much,but quality is guaranteed. | Kurogiri:I must apologize for making such an unreasonable request.

Giran:Tell me Shigaraki,do you know why the Union accepted this outlandish order of yours? 'Cause everyone got high expectations of you. If the League of Villains steps into the light,then the scum hiding in the sidelines will follow suit. And if that happens,then brokers like me will be rolling in hungry new customers. Crime pays.

Shigaraki:Oh yes,you're gonna be so busy,you won't be able to keep up. | Giran:*chuckles* I'm looking forward to that. Anyway,thanks.

Giran leaves and closes the door behind him.

Shigaraki:The board is set with my pawns and their prey. Finally,time for the real game to begin...

--Aeden--

It's the next day and the whole class is about to get to the training camp.

Aizawa-Sensei:Now that you finished up your first semester here in UA High,it's time for summer vacation to officially begin. However. Don't think these will be months of rest for you heroes in the making. At this camp,we'll push you to go beyond your limits. You're aiming to become plus Ultra. | Everyone:Yes sir!

Uraraka:*gets up in Midoriya's face* I'm so psyched! I've been looking forward all semester,Deku! | Midoriya:*red face as he looks away* Oh,yeah! It's definitely close,huh! | Uraraka:*nudges forward* Hey,what's the matter? | Midoriya:*nudges away* I'm just a little hot!

Uraraka:*realizes and remembers what Aoyama said,so she quickly makes some distance* Who's ready for camp! Camp! Camp! (Mina and Denki joins her) Camp! Camp! Camp!

Midoriya:Wow,Uraraka and the others sure are excited. | Aeden:I can understand why.

Monoma:I heard some of Class A's are taking extra courses! Does that mean they actually fail the final exam?! ("surprised gasp") That would be so embarrasing,and especially since you're supposed to be so much better than my class. All of you must be wallowing in shame! | Kendo:*knocks him out* Don't mind him.

Class B Student:Monoma's scary... | Midoriya:Oh! The rest of class B! | Class B Student:It's nice to see you out of the Sports Festival! I guess now we're not technically rivals. | Kendo:*carrying Monoma by his collar* Time to get on the bus!

Ida:*arms flailing like a robot* Attention Class A,our bus is here! Everyone line up in seating order!

Momo:Hey Aeden,is it okay if I sit next to you? | Aeden:Hm? Oh,sure! | Momo:You can take the window seat. | Aeden:Oh,no no,it's fine! I can't see anyways. (I point to my blindfold) | Momo:*blushes* Oh,right. | Aeden:*motioned my head to the bus* C'mon,let's go.

We all get to our seats and the bus heads off to the training camp.

Aizawa-Sensei:Here's the deal,we'll be on this bus for about an hour before our first stop. Make sure you stay focused.

All he got in response is the various chatter from the students.

Aizawa-Sensei:*sighs heavily* Why do I bother? Though,I guess this is the only time they got to fool around.

We spent the next few hours either talking to each other as I notice Clyde and Todoroki was seating next to each other at the very back of the bus.

Momo:Aeden? | Aeden:Hm? | Momo:Can you take off your blindfold? | Aeden:I can,but I don't want to give you nightmares because of my eyes. | Momo:I'm sure I can take it. | Aeden:Well,maybe you can,but what about the others?

I feel Momo's hand grabbing mine and grasping it.

Momo:Please? I...I wanna see how bad it is.

Words clashed around my throat as my mind fought itself whether or not if I should show it to her.

Aeden:*sighs* Fine.

I gently freed my hand from her grasp and undid my blindfold as I turn my body to hers.

(This is a very rough sketch of what Aeden's scar is)

Aeden:Just tell me when to cover it up again. | Momo:Ok...

I grab the two ends of my blindfold and slowly reveal the huge scar across where my eyes are suppose to be.

Momo:They're--They're gone. | Aeden:Yeah. Bastard took the whole thing.

I put the blindfold back on and laid back on my seat. Next thing I felt is Momo's head resting on my shoulder.

Momo:I can't help but feel regret,not knowing that you were fighting that guy all on your own while I did a commercial during my internship. | Aeden:*comforts her* It's okay,Momo. Thanks to Jack,he saved me and brought me back to my feet.

Aizawa-Sensei:We're here.

Everyone quickly stands up as the both of us did the same. One by one,all of us get off the bus and stretched our muscles.

Denki:Finally! I needed to get off that bus! | Mineta:Lemme get through I gotta pee! | Ojiro:This isn't much of a rest area. | Momo:Yeah,and where's Class B? | Aizawa-Sensei:Did you really think we stopped here just so you can stretch your legs,do you? | Mineta:Please,sir,the toilet?

I noticed the car a few metes from us,and suddenly the doors open.

???:Hey Eraser! | Aizawa-Sensei:Long time no see.

Three people came out of the car,and two of them introduced them as the Wild,Wild Pussycats. (I don't like that name,makes me cringe)

Aizawa-Sensei:These are the pro heroes you'll be working with at the summer training camp. | Midoriya:*geeking out* They're a four person hero team who specializes in mountain rescues! The Pussycats were founded when we were kids forever ago! This marks their 12th year working as a--! | Blue Pussycat:*grabs Midoriya's head with her 'paw'* I'm pretty sure your math must be off! I'm 18 at heart! | Midoriya:*muffled* Understood.

Aizawa-Sensei:Everyone,say hello. | Everyone:Hello! Nice to meet you!

Red Pussycat:We own this whole stretch of land our here,everything you can see! The summer camp you're staying at is there,at the base of the mountain. | Everyone:That's far!

Uraraka:Uh,then why did we stop all the way up here instead? | Asui:I'm afraid we'll know the answer to that. | Sato:That can't be right. | Sero:Um,back on the bus,quick,let's go...! | Denki:Good idea. Let's load up!

Red Pussycat:The current time is 9:30 in the morning. If you're fast about it,you might make it there by noon. | Kirishima:No way! Guys! | Mina:Holy crap! | Kirishima:Save yourself!

Clyde:Are you guys really gonna back away from a challenge? | Aeden:Yeah,I mean,c'mon! | Red Pussycat:Ooo,I like you two already. You two can start. All you have to do is just jump down the cliff start running to the base of the mountains.

We both nod and we immediately drop down.

--Midoriya--

Everyone runs back toward the bus as I see Aeden and Clyde willingly jumping down the cliff.

Red Pussycat:But if you don't make it there by 12:30,you'll miss lunch! | Aizawa-Sensei:You should've guessed it. The training camp has already begun.

Mrs. Ryuko,who is the blue Pussycat,appeared in front of us as her paws on the ground start to emit a blue hue. Suddenly,the ground beneath us somehow changed into a liquid form as it throws us down the cliff...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107 0 13
Character x character and character x reader. Beware of manga spoilers! As of now, I'm fully caught up to the end of S5 and there's some content in h...
274K 8.1K 60
You're Best Friends With a Boy named Iida Tenya ever since childhood . You both dreamt of being future heroes, there, you both decided to go to U.A H...
10.5K 452 16
'Hitoshi Shinsou was turning sixteen in just a few minutes. He still isn't really sure how to feel about seeing what his wrist will say. He honestly...
16.2K 201 16
Hello my name is TheWritingTim and welcome to my book! Thank you for stopping by! This book contains fluff, angst and lime DISCLAIMER: I do not own...