The Last Place To Be -A horro...

By Ebee_Sif

Jade is very excited about her camping trip with her five best friends along with the rest of her classmates... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Chapter 1

131 34 17
By Ebee_Sif

Finally Summer camp

The Sunlight hit my face through the curtains as my alarms loud and annoying sound started pounding,

"Ugh, this annoying siren why is this even set as my alarm?"

I groaned as I got up and grabbed my phone killing the sound that once screamed at me to wake up.

Finally, the last day of school and summer vacations starting.

we're gonna be deciding where we're gonna have our camping trip,

God, I'm so excited! I and Anne have been waiting for this for so long!—

I got out of bed, heading to the bathroom to get ready.

*:・*:・゚✧

I looked at myself in the mirror one last time checking my outfit, my silky Brown hair fell perfectly on my shoulders, I wore a black top and ripped jeans with black vans to go along.

"Jade! Breakfast!"

I heard mom call from downstairs

"coming!"

I yelled, grabbing my backpack, and headed downstairs.

"goooood morningggg!"

I chimed with a smile and grabbed the bowl that was already filled with milk and poured in an unhealthy amount of fruit loops.

"Wow, somebody's in a good mood"

Beck, my younger sister said with a raised eyebrow.

"of course I am, we'll be deciding where we're going for our camp and I hope it's the Sherwood Forest it's so cool and beautiful and besides there's great reception there, so we wouldn't be at some boring and abandoned place" I replied.

"damn, I wish I could go too," Beck said with a pout

"well my freshmen you're too young but don't worry, you've got a trip to that new amusement park for kids, don't you?" I teased.

"omg! Can you stop! They're so dumb to take us to a lame ass park! we're not kids anymore, I wanna go to some forest or mountain place too!"

I grinned "well...all you can do is wait, sis"

"hey c'mon it's time to go," mom called after us.

"Yea we're coming!"

I replied gulping down the rest of what was left of my breakfast and wiped off the milk mustache that found its way to my upper lip and head out, to my dad's car.

I got in and shut the door.

"why don't you guys let me get a car? You guys leave so soon it's just 7:10 A.M, no one's even at school at this time, I'm 17 now I'm pretty sure I can handle the responsibility of having a car" I stated disgruntled.

"Jade, we had this conversation before, you're not getting a car until you graduate high school"

"but da-"

"that's enough Jade we've discussed this before! Now drop it!"

"fine!"

I said bitterly, not wanting to argue anymore.

Dad dropped us at school, I got off the car, mumbling a quick goodbye.

I made my towards my locker, and shoved in my bag, and looked around the hallway, there must be like seven people in total, Beck went to her class too.

ugh all I can do is wait—

Minutes pass and I was sitting on the steps that led to the hallway and then I saw Hayden make his way to the hallway.

"heyyy!"

I chanted getting up running to him.

"Hey there," he smiled politely showing off his dimples.

"wow you're even more energetic than usual" he laughed looking at me hop around in excitement.

"yasss we're going to camp! And oh! I want it to be Sherwood forest" I squealed.

"Sherwood huh? what's so good about that place isn't it like a five-hour drive?" he asked.

"I don't know I've never actually been there but the thing is, it's actually a nice and peaceful place and it's not like the other places everyone suggested ya know, most places that the others suggested are filled with a bunch of five-star hotels and malls or some mountains that are just completely boring and too far away and I'm pretty sure with no signs of actual civilization"
Hayden let out a laugh at the last part.

"so how exactly will we camp if we don't even go to a place that's adequate for camping? I looked up different locations and found "Sherwood forest" and here's a thing it's not totally abandoned or cut off from human contact, it has a radio station nearby, good reception, it doesn't have a motel or anything but it does have a few cabins around just in case of emergencies...soo isn't it good?" I asked with a wide smile.

"It does sound better than what everyone else has been suggesting and I also anticipate that we'd actually camp and have an adventure instead of wasting time at some hotel for a week" he asserted.

"yea that's what I want too, c'mon let's to the garden," I said and tugged him with me, making my way to the school garden.

"so here it's is," I said as I showed him the forest on the map on my phone.

"Okay now that's huge...and pretty amazing" Hayden stated.

"yeah it is I just hope miss Trina agrees on our whereabouts," I said worried.

"don't worry, she will. " Hayden said while giving me a reassuring smile.

"hey, guys!" we turned around to see Lena walking towards us.

"Hey!" we both said in unison.

"how's it going?" She asked taking a seat next to me.

"I was showing Hayden our campsite,"

I said lifting my phone in front of her face.

"ooh this seems fancy!" she exclaimed taking the phone from my hands.

"Now we wait for the rest, and together we'll convince miss Trina," Lena said.

*:・*:・゚✧

We were talking bout who would bring different supplies and stuff when Anne came galloping towards us.
"Jadeeee! Lenaaaa! hiiii!, I'm hereee!" she said with hefty energy.

"Anneee!" I shrieked, got up hugged her.

"omg omg omg! yay, I'm so excited!, and girl! Guess what?!" she said enthusiastically.

"What!?" we all asked in unison.

"I got my driver's license! I drove here all by myself!" she announced with a huge smile plastered on her face.

"omg! That's amazing!" I said genuinely happy.

"Wow, your parents are so chill" Hayden stated.

"yeah, they won't even let me learn how to drive let alone get a license," I said raw.

"aye, mine won't let me get one either, even though I do know how to drive," Hayden said trying to make me feel better.

"well...my parents got me a car the second I turned 16 even though I didn't even know how to drive at that time," Lena told us with a grin.

"oh, well your parents are super extra mega chill," Anne said laughing.

"so, when are we getting a ride?" Hayden asked.

"what ride?" Shawn stuck his head outta nowhere, his green eyes shining bright.

"Hello to you too," Lena said sarcastically.

"I got a car."

"sweet, I want a ride."

"yea, you will...LATER"
Anne said with a smirk, pulling a strand of loose curl behind her ear.

  "what?! Why later?" Shawn whined.

"Because I'm going shopping with Jade and Lena after school"

"We are?"

"of course! camp shopping."

"yes! that's great!"

"where the hell is Arthur?" Shawn asked looking around.

"late as always,"

After that, we all started chatting about random stuff.

I stood there smiling looking at all of my best friends, me and Anne have been friends since...well forever, we became when we were just six.

Then we both met Shawn and Hayden in freshmen year. They were the first friends we made that we're actually honest and real friends and so we became best friends.

Shawn's personality matches Annes more so they both instantly became friends and usually are together while I mostly argue with him but not in a serious way more like siblings.

Then there's Hayden, he's mostly with me, not because our personalities match, but because our personalities fit with each other like puzzle pieces.

Then we met Lena and Arthur last year, and they spend time with each other most of the time because they were best friends since they were kids too and here we all are, well except for Arthur he's always late.

The second period started and everyone was gathered in groups as our teacher who's in charge of our trip spoke up.

"ok so you guys have submitted all your suggestions about the location of our campsite and after discussing with the others, we agreed on Sherwood Forest"

Everyone seemed pretty ok and happy with her decision except for Julia and her bunch of clones just trying to be like her.

She had an ugly frown on her face and rolled her eyes, just then her eyes met mine and I smirked.

"messages with the information of the trip will be forwarded to your parents as well as slips" she continued.

"our trip will be held next Monday, be sure pack your stuff and sleeping bags, the tents will be arranged by the school as well as the meals, please note that we will be leaving at 6:30 A.M sharp so anyone late will be left behind because we can't afford to get late as its a five-hour drive to the campsite, forms will be given to you, on which you have to get signatures from your parents, write your grade sections and names along with phone numbers" she finished.

"Okay guys who's ready to have an adventure!" I asked eagerly smiling, specifically looking at Hayden, he returned the smile warmly.

"me girl meee!" Lena responded grinning.

"But wait there's one last thing to do" spoke Anne.

"And what's that?" Arthur, who was 40 minutes late asked.

"We got to ask miss Trina about our grouping, now I'm pretty sure we don't wanna be arranged in different groups, having to share a tent with these," she said looking at Julia with grimace snakes she completed.

"oh your right besides Julia, I don't wanna be anywhere near Chad," Lena said pointing at him, who was busy trying to impress some random girl with his smugish smile.

"Okay, I'll go talk to her," I announced.

I think you should take Shawn with you," Arthur said with a playful smirk.

"what do mean?"

"what I mean is that clearly miss Trina will listen to us if Shawn talks to her with his charming ways" he explained while wiggling his eyebrows, playfulness evident in his bright blue eyes, Hayden laughed.

"he's gotta point"

"what, no! He isn't going to charm her, eww" Anne said with an annoyed tone, the element of jealousy arising in her. Yea...she has a thing against miss Trina.

"Well then you're coming with me," I said as I grabbed Shawn by the arm pulling him along.

"Woah slow down Jade!" he said bumping into random people as I walked in a haste to miss Trina's office.

"may I come in?"

"yes?"

we stood in her office awkwardly, I elbowed Shawn "talk!" I whisper yelled.

"U-umm uh-h umm" he stuttered. I mentally facepalmed.

"We were wondering if we would be grouped by our liking, I mean, we friends don't want to get separated so can you umm do something about that?" he asked confidently this time.

"oh sure, just make a list of your friends' name and give to me" she smiled.

"Okay thank you miss Trina," he said throwing her a charming smile just like Arthur had said.

"Great!" I said high fiving him and made our way back.

—Sherwood forest here we come

━━━━━━☆━━━━━━

Don't forget to vote and comment~

As this is the first chapter it might be a little boring or slow but it gets better as you proceed.

So yea enjoy (:

-Lots of love Ebee♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 4.9K 87
Gwen, desperate to feel something, kills someone. But she quickly learns that one kill is never enough. Can Gwen stop before she turns on her own fam...