The Polaroid's on the Wall

By Rro110

*Complete* Cyrus is a normal 15 year old boy. He excels in school to the delight of his 4 overprotective pare... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Some place special
Chapter 3: Here comes the Sun
Chapter 4: Breakfast at Tiffany's
Chapter 5: You're my Best Friend
Chapter 6: I wanna hold your hand
Chapter 7: Absence
Chapter 8: Best Friend's Brother
Chapter 9: The Savory Type
Chapter 10: Emotional Graze
Chapter 11: Forced
Chapter 12: Secrets
Chapter 13: Killing Genevieve
Chapter 14: New friends
Chapter 15: Apologies
Chapter 16: He's got a boy crush
Chapter 17: Peace and Conflict making
Chapter 18: Destruction
Chapter 19: I'm Done
Chapter 20: Midnight
Chapter 21: Picture of Perfection
Chapter 22: Gay nerds
Chapter 23: No escape from reality
Chapter 25: Shoulder to cry on
Chapter 26: Let's fall in love for the night
Chapter 27: Clementine Marrios
Chapter 28: What they're like
Chapter 29: They got C-C-Chemistry
Chapter 30: The Start of Something New
Chapter 31: 16
Chapter 32: Murder
Chapter 33: Objection
Chapter 34: See you then
Chapter 35: Photofinish 1
Chapter 36: Photofinish 2

Chapter 24: Guess who's back

433 17 44
By Rro110

Cyrus POV:

If I'm being honest, I wasn't doing too good. This whole TJ, Chris, Libby thing was clearly unhealthy and not my business anymore. I should be trying to move on from it all. Though that doesn't really explain why I'm still wallowing. Well, not currently. Right now I'm at Jonah's house eating pizza and watching him play Mario Kart.

I'm so glad I have Jonah through all this, my other friends too but...they won't tell me what's going on. Jonah doesn't know anything at all, not a rare occurrence. He's been trying to cheer me up all week, not that he's succeeding but at least he's trying.

I've been distant with the others...especially Libby who has finally started sitting at our table again after spending time with Andi and Buffy. I know Walker and Libby spend time with her sometimes because of art club and art in general-and Marty did that one time-But that was obviously just to spite me. It would help if I knew what happened between Chris and TJ, that would explain why she's so anti-TJ. Chris seemed happy with him though...almost more than happy.

I've tried to avoid instapic as much as I could recently, I couldn't bear it if a picture of TJ popped up. I didn't want to start spontaneously crying, especially not at Jonah's house.

'WHAT THE FFFFFFRICK!' Jonah almost swore, throwing the controller on the sofa, 'THAT MORON DIDNT EVEN HIT ME! HOW DID I LOSE MY FRICKIN COINS?!'

Chucking a little I shrugged, 'I didn't see,'

'I swear, I've lost every damn game,' he grumbled, switching off the console and getting another pepperoni pizza slice, 'Did you want a go?'

'I'm good thanks J,' I shook my head, 'You...know I can't eat this pizza,'

Jonah frowned, 'Why?...it's really good!-'

'No, I'm sure it is it's just...it's part of Jewish food laws that we don't eat meat with dairy. Also we don't eat pork,' I explained, it's not his fault. A lot of people forget.

With food in his mouth, Jonah apologised, 'I'm sorry! I wasn't thinking!'

I laughed, he thinks? 'It's fine, I should actually get going anyway. I'll just eat at home,'

'Ok, I'll remember next time!' Jonah enthused, devouring the whole pizza before my very eyes.

'I'll look forward to it,'

I left Jonah to hoover up the food, the smile on my face fading quickly as I attempted to walk home. I say attempted because when I reached the centre of town, I noticed someone I recognised sitting on the curb. Wow...how could I forget?

Mustering up all the socialising courage I had,which was near to zero, I went over to where she was sat by herself, clearly worrying about something.

'Hey, Kira,' I greeted her kindly, sitting beside her. Kind of like she did at the party for me.

'Oh, Hi Cyrus,' she changed her mood, flashing me a small smile.

I crossed my legs, 'Are you ok?'

She nodded, hugging her knees, 'Im fine...I'm just thinking,'

I frowned, 'This is where you come to think?'

'Yeah. I like watching the cars pass by; people hanging out enjoying each other's company. I like living through them,' Kira smiled again, she has a nice smile.

'I prefer the swings myself,' I mumbled so she didn't hear.

She pointed at two girls sat on a bench on the opposite side of the road, 'Like, that couple there, they went into Petredas'  (if you know you know) Ice cream parlour and came out with an expensive looking 3 scoop ice cream. They sat there, the smaller one pressing the ice cream on the other girl's nose so she could kiss it off, then she did it back. How cute is that?'

I grinned at the image, 'Really cute,'

'It's nice seeing other people having a nice time,' she continued, 'I appreciate it,'

'Are you not having a nice time?' I asked, sure that she was feeling somewhat sad.

Kira looked away, 'I don't know...all my friends have kind of ditched me. I had three last year and right now I'm at none. When a guy left, the other boys followed. Tia stayed for a while but she's horrible and when I suggested we changed like the first boy had she...she didn't want to so. I'm here now,'

'That's sucks,' I empathised, 'the point is that you changed though, you're a good person. Tia is an asshole and will end up with no one,'

'Yeah,' Kira sighed, stretch her legs in front of her and leaning back on her hands, 'What about you? You have any problems?'

I also sighed, 'Not really other than me and TJ breaking up,'

Frowning, Kira shook her head, 'But...why?'

'I did it...I'm friends with Walker's group now and they didn't exactly get along with TJ and they wouldn't tell me why, neither would he. I don't know...I was so fed up the words just kind of fell from my mouth before I could think about it,' I elaborated

'About last year right?'

'Yeah...do you know what happened?'

'Of course I do. Despite whatever he told you, I was his best friend then,'

'...You're not going to tell me are you?' I already accepted defeat.

'Sure, I'll tell you,' Kira shrugged.

'Really?' Happiness coursed through me. Finally, someone willing to be honest.

'I don't see why not, it's not gonna hurt anyone,' She pointed out, 'I mean, I don't know absolutely everything but this is basically what happened. Last year, we weren't...nice as you probably know. We bullied people, but it was mainly TJ who did it. One day he started bullying this guy called Chris. We cheered him on from the sidelines as usual but Chris was different, he was an easy target who then started firing back in a cheerful mannor. It was like he didn't even care. Of course this annoyed the shit out of TJ, he was so furious he.....he smashed that window over there,' she pointed down the street,'

'so he made it his mission to upset this guy, make him feel horrible. But he never could, Chris never stopped smiling. This just made TJ even more infuriated, he became fixated on this one boy. It got out of hand, he took it too far and got suspended. He stopped bullying him but...he still seemed stuck on him. I never really understood it. After that he left our group and went back to Reed and Lester who he'd known for a long time,'

'Wow...that does not sound like TJ,' I said in awe. There's still something missing.

'I know, but he's not like that now,' Kira reassured me, 'Now he's a complete and utter goody two-'

She cut herself off, gaping at something.

I followed her line of sight to see that a police man was pushing a hand cuffed teenager towards us, or rather the station that was right behind us. As they got closer I realised with great shock that I knew exactly who the person was.

TJ?

He didn't notice me as the police remarked, 'You got unlucky kid, unfortunately for you I was just on my way home when I saw ya,'

TJ rolled his eyes rebelliously, 'Guess I don't have to worry for next time then,'

The way he said it made my insides rot. He didn't sound like TJ at all. He sounded like a troubled teen who has just done something stupid and is disrespecting authority out of anger...but then I suppose he is all of those thing just.....not in the way I thought he was.

The policeman dragged him into the station whilst me and Kira stared at the doors.

'Come on!' Kira got to her feet and went inside the station, following the policeman to where he was locking TJ in a temporary cell, 'Kyle!'

I felt a bit awkward trailing behind, not just because I'd witnessed my ex being arrested but also because Kira was half yelling at a cop and I wasn't sure why she felt so comfortable in doing so.

'Kira, I'm working,' Kyle gestured to TJ who reluctantly sat on the bench. I took this opportunity to look at him; he looked fine, normal even. Less can be said for me with my fluffy unbrushed hair, eye under bags and mismatched socks...ok the socks were a fashion choice but the rest made me look more of a mess than my facial expression already did.

That was until my eyes fell to his hand, his right one, it was bleeding pretty badly at the knuckles appearing red raw with purple bruises covering his fingers. It probably felt more painful than it looked. That's what worried me when he didn't seem bothered by it at all. On top of that was weird looking blue streaks on his finger tips.

'What's he done then?' Kira countered, crossing her arms, 'We aren't leaving until you tell us,'

Kyle shook his head, 'You're such an annoying little sister, if I tell you will you stop bursting into the workplace unannounced?'

Kira nodded. Oh, they're siblings.

Her brother gestured to TJ, 'Caught him vandalising, with spray paint. Funnily Enough a blue spray can was reported stolen a couple minutes prior to the incident,'

TJ glanced up to argue but then realised I was there, the angry look in his eyes softened as he lowered his head to the floor like a disobedient puppy.

'Now, you two better leave before my boss catches you in here. She'll happily throw you in there too. I've got to go call TJ's parents. Not sure they'll be happy about seeing you in here again,' He directed the last part at TJ whilst he dialled the number he's clearly learnt off by heart due to TJ's past regular appearances here.

'They're never happy to see me anyway,' TJ retorted.

Had be been drinking? He sounded drunk or something but my gut knew that something must've happened to make him act out like this. He'd only drink with Reed and Lester and they'd never let him do this...not alone at least.

My heart broke even more for him. I hope it wasn't my fault he did this.

Kira and I left reluctantly, standing outside both in shock.

'I...don't get why he'd do something like that. Especially after he's changed so much,' Kira muttered.

Worry fluttered in my heart, 'I don't know...something must've happened to make him to it,' an idea suddenly came to my head, 'Kira, I gotta go but...how about you sit at my lunch table at school? I'm sure the others won't mind,'

'Won't they just think I'm a bully?'

Shaking my head I explained, 'They were more upset about his connection to Chris, I'm sure they won't feel the same about you. If they do, we can sit together with Jonah,'

Kira grinned, 'Cyrus, you're a really nice person. I'd love that,'

Smiling back I waved before walking to where I wanted to go.

Before I could turn back I knocked on the door.

It opened to reveal a messy blonde haired boy, his eyes smoked red and signature jacket applied, 'Heyyyyy Cy Guy,'

'Hi Reed,' I said nervously, not sure where we stood after what happened between me and TJ.

'Whatcha doing here?' He asked, folding his arms and leaning against the door frame he lowered his voice to a whisper, 'Did you change your mind about the drugs?'

I chuckled a bit at the deja vú, 'No no...I just wanted to tell you that...ummm,'

'Ohhhh, you like me,' he playfully winked.

'Reed, please be serious,' I rolled my eyes but in a fond manner. He's such a character, 'TJ just got arrested,'

His face fell, 'What? What for?'

'He spray painted something, I don't really know the details but I just wanted to tell you because I was worried and maybe it wasn't my place but-'

'Cyrus! Chill!' Reed rested his hand on my shoulder, 'I'm glad you said something...I'll make sure to make sure he's going ok,'

I nodded awkwardly, not sure what I was even doing here.

'Look, you seem like you're holding in a lot of tension,' Reed observed, 'Would you like to come in? We were just about to use the rage cage, it's not going to be as extravagant as last time but it's still pretty fun,'

'I don't know,' I fiddled with my hands, 'Isn't it weird? I'm your best friend's ex,'

Reed raised an eyebrow, 'It's not weird. I consider you a friend of mine! Come on, it'll be fun. You look like you need it,'

He was probably right...it might be fun to smash up some things.

Nodding, I stepped inside the house and followed Reed to the massive field in his back garden where he took me over to the huge garage called 'The Rage Cage'

Play song

Music was playing from the stereo on top of an oil stained blue table with a bunch of tools on it. The lightbulbs dangling from the ceiling were on now it was getting darker outside giving the room a nice lighting. The rage cages were all there in their glory filled with different items destined to be destroyed. I guess everything is.

When Reed said 'We' I assumed it was just found to be him and Lester but once inside, I saw two figures. Lester, currently telling a very dramatic story about the time he got hit in the head by a soccer ball and...Chris.

Lester swallowed some beer before nodding at us, 'Hey! It's Cyrus!'

Reed clapped my back, 'In the flesh,' he then went over to the drink fridge, 'Do you want a beer or do you want to be on coke?'

'Cocaine,' Lester sniggered immaturely.

'Coke,' I nodded, taking the cool can and standing at a bit of a distance from Chris whilst Reed and Lester messed around for a moment. I felt so short beside him...not that he was particularly tall. I just felt less superior.

The can opened with a hiss. Drinking it was like heaven on Earth, I hadn't realised how dry my throat was until I felt how great it tasted.

Chris sipped his can of Coke too, glancing at me, 'You don't drink either?'

I was taken aback by the socialisation and wasn't sure what to make of it, 'Not usually, definitely not like these two anyway,'

He laughed. God he sounded like an angel, 'Does anyone?'

The other two paid attention to us again, 'Cyrus have you met Chris?'

I wasn't sure of the answer to that, 'Kind of,'

'Well, I think you'd get along,' Reed suggested, 'Me and Lester are going to go check on my dad so feel free to either stay in silence or converse. Bye!' And with that the two abruptly left.

After a few moments, I spoke up, 'So...are you in high school?'

'Yeah, but it's not grant,'

Wow...a high school guy. I mean, I know Amber's in high school but Chris, although he gives me very tranquil vibes, freaks me out. How can someone be that calm? Is he on drugs?

'Where do you go then?'

'Photofinish Academy of the arts,' He said casually as if it wasn't the most prestigious art school in Utah. It's mainly for photography but for other things too. Now he scares me even more.

'Wow...that ummm-'

He chuckled, 'It's not that good, the courses are fun of course but it's a really competitive place. I'm not really about that. I just like fun- but not  usually the party type,' Chris paused, 'You go to Jefferson?'

'Yeah...a bit boring compared to yours,'

Sighing, he had some more coke, 'I'd give anything to back at Jefferson. It was nice there, as nice as middle school can be anyway,'

I nodded, 'I didn't realise you were Libby's brother, you two don't look very similar at all,'

'I'm adopted,' he explained, 'My parents didn't think they could have kids so adopted me but then had Libby a year later. She's a miracle baby,'

'Do you know your biological parents?'

'I met my mom,' he flicked the lid cap, 'Only once though, she's an alcoholic and drug addict so...I understand why she'd give me up to people who wanted a family,'

That's probably why he doesn't drink, 'What about your dad?'

'I'm trying to track him down,' Chris shrugged, 'I'd just like to know if we're alike you know? I'm not desperate for it though, it'd just be nice.'

He's so chill about...everything

I wonder if Reed has ever told him to chill?

'What about your family?'

'Two Jewish shrinks that married two other Jewish shrinks,' I summarised, 'Free therapy though,'

Chris breathed a laugh, 'You're funny,'

'Thank you,'

'What's your favourite flower?' He suddenly asked.

'Oh uhhh probably roses,' I responded, 'Why?'

He said coolly, 'You can tell a lot about a person from their favourite follower. Reeds is a cactus, he's nice and all but rough around the edges. Lester's is an orchid because that's his sister's name, he values family over most things and TJ's is a daisy,'

I was shocked but intrigued at this logic, 'Cactus' are flowers?'

'Some types grow them,'

'Why's TJ's a Daisy?'

Chris smirked, 'When you first look at a daisy, you think it's pretty but it's almost like it tries to hard to fit in. It looks like all the other daisies. But then-once you get to know the daisy-you realise that every daisy is a different flower with its own personality, they're all interesting and special in its own unique way,'

There was some seconds of quiet between us.

'What's your favourite?'

'A sunflower,'

'What does that say about your character?'

'Well, I love the sun and just happy things in general. When I see a sunflower on a rainy day, it reminds me the sun is always there. They brings me joy,' Chris elaborated, placing the can on the table and turning around. He had a Polaroid camera now on his hands and was snapping photos of it.

TJ.

My heart sank but I looked at Chris which made me feel a bit better.

He's seriously a human sunbeam, I don't think I've felt so refreshed yet terrified from a conversation.

Reed and Lester returned with more drinks.

'I'm so glad you came over Cy,' Lester said kindly.

'I wish it was under better circumstances of course,' Reed frowned, sipping his beer.

'What'd you mean?' Lester was confused.

'TJ got arrested an hour ago,'

'Really?'

'Yeah, I'm actually really worried about it,'

Whilst Reed and Lester were conversing, Chris noticeably tensed up.

Packing his camera and Coke hurriedly he announced, 'Sorry guys, I've got to go. My family probably want me home so-'

Before we could say anything Chris had left the building.

Why was he in such a rush?

Maybe I said something wrong

Or maybe

He's going to see TJ

I'm intrigued at y'alls opinion of Chris so feel free to express it in the comments. Hope you all enjoyed ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 122 12
Yes this is pretty badly written so I apologize from this point forward lol ⚠️~WARNING~ Will probably contain minor fluff so that makes you feel unco...
55.2K 1.6K 41
*Complete* TJ Kippen, Jefferson middle school's boys basketball captain. His intimidating approach causes instant fear in most, earning the upmost r...
16.8K 489 19
he snakes his arm around my waist. "just follow my lead." ¤¤ cyrus goodman has always had a crush on his good friend tj kippen but has nev...
16.1K 382 42
Tj kippen. Cyrus Goodman. Tj child of dysfunctional widowed mom. Cyrus child of four psychologist parents. Tj is who cyrus wants. Cyrus is who tj...