Troublesome | Outer Banks

By Slightly_Chaotic

*UNDER EDITING* "I'm punching him in the face the next time I see him." "No, you're not." "What if I just br... More

Introduction
Pilot
Chapter 2~ Paradise on Earth
Chapter 3~ Pogue style
Chapter 4~ Motel or meth lab?
Chapter 5~ The Boneyard
Chapter 6~ Sober Thoughts
Chapter 7~ Diver Down
Chapter 8~The lucky Compass
Chapter 9~ Scooby gang
Chapter 10~ Redfield Lighthouse
Chapter 11~ Pet Cemetery
*Not an update*
Chapter 12~ Merchant
Chapter 13~ American Teen
Chapter 14~ Jail Time
Chapter 15~ Professional busboy
Chapter 16~ Salvage Yard
Chapter 17~ The party
Chapter 18~ Kook Life
Chapter 19~ Kook Phase
Chapter 20~ Kelce
Chapter 22~ This is War
Chapter 23~ Ice cream kisses
Chapter 24~ Rumors
Chapter 25~ Love is a big word
Chapter 26~ Yeet
Chapter 27~ I'm not the enemy
Chapter 28~ Deny, Deny, Deny
Chapter 29~ A+I
Chapter 30~ JJ

Chapter 21~ Bruises

16.6K 405 594
By Slightly_Chaotic

  I was running. Running through the dark forest as rain poured down all around me and lightning cracked across the sky.

  "Come out, come out wherever you are," The voice taunted. It seemed to be coming from everywhere as the fierce wind whipped my hair around.

  "Please leave me alone," I sob as I stumble across the muddy ground. Panting, I stop and lean against a dead tree, trying to catch my breath.

  "Now why would I do that Pogue?" The voice suddenly whispered in my ear, making me whip my head around only to see nothing.

  My heart was beating frantically as I pushed myself off the tree and I began running again.

  "You can't run from your problems princess," The voice said before I felt my harm being tugged forcefully back.

  I whirl around only to come face to face with Kelce. Rain dripped from his short hair and down past his cold eyes.

  From the corner of my eye I saw him pull something shiny out of his pocket. When I realized what it was I'd reacted to late.

  Kelce plunged the knife into my stomach as thunder rumbled overhead. The pain was unimaginable as I took a shaky step back.

  "Izzy."

  My hands went to the knife in my chest as a smirk slowly spread over Kelce's face.

  All I could do was watch in shock as Kelce ripped the knife out and then I felt myself falling.

  Only I didn't hit the ground when I fell, I went through. A scream tore from my throat as I continued to fall.

  "Izzy!"

  I bolt upright in my bed and hiss in pain as my forehead connects harshly with JJ's.

  "Ow, goddamn, woman," JJ says as he massages his forehead.

  I let out a deep breath to try and calm my heavy breathing as JJ looks at me in concern.

  "You were whimpering in your sleep, are you okay?"

  "Yeah, just a bad dream," I murmur as I pull my legs to my chest, grimacing slightly at the pain in my stomach.

  JJ clenches his jaw as his eyes linger on my neck.

  I look at him in confusion before I slowly raise my hand to my neck. My neck was definitely bruised, but that's not what JJ was looking at.

  I raise my hand higher until I feel the tender mark right below my jawline.

  "Is that a hickey?" I ask in disbelief, remembering when Kelce had me pinned against the wall.

  JJ nods and I see his fist clench slightly.

  "Great," I murmur, lowering my hand from my neck.

  "Where's my brother?" I ask, suddenly longing for one of his hugs.

  "Down by the dock, with Pope and Kie. They're testing out that drone for later on."

"Can you go get him for me?" I ask quietly and JJ nods before sliding off the bed.

  Once he shuts my door behind him I climb out of my bed and walk over to my mirror.

  I was still wearing Rafe's hoodie and sweatpants and I sighed when I thought about returning them. I really didn't want to see him today.

  I slowly pull his hoodie off to reveal bruises all along my wrist and on my ribs and stomach. I grimace at the sight.

  I pull off my sweatpants and replace them with a pair of grey shorts and a grey-blue hoodie.

  I tie my hoodie and try to pull it up to cover the marks on my neck.

  I was in the middle of brushing my hair when John B walked in.

  "Hey loser," I smile as I set down my brush.

  "Hey butt face," John B smiles slightly before pulling me into his arms.

  "I'm sorry I snuck out, I should've just listened to you, " I murmur as I rest my head against his shoulder.

  "I should've just went with you Izzy. I swear I'm going to kill that bastard," John B says and I pull slightly away to look up at him.

  "I can't tell if you're serious or not," I say as I study his face.

  "Guess it's better if you don't know," John B grins and ruffles my hair playfully.

  "I miss dad," I say suddenly.

"I miss him too," JB sighs before pulling me against him again.

  "Remember that song he used to sing to us when we were little?" I ask and John slowly smiles.

  "How could I forget, you ran around the house singing it at the top of your lungs."

  "Will you sing it for me?" I ask, moving to sit at the edge of my bed.

  "I'm no better at singing than you are Izzy," John B laughs as I give him puppy dog eyes.

  "Please JB."

  "Fine," He groans as he sits down beside me.

  I smile and turn to face him, crossing my legs as I watch him expectantly.

  "Down by the bay," He begins reluctantly as a grin spreads across my face.

  "Where the watermelons grow," He continues, "Back to my home, I dare not go-"

  "For if I do," I cut in and John B rolls his eyes, "My mother will say..."

  "Have you ever seen a duck driving a truck, down by the bay?" We say together before we both burst out laughing.

•   •   •

   "You kids get these groceries over to Figure 8. Get straight back here when you're done," Heyward says as he hands JJ and Pope the bags, "No fishing, I promised delivery by tomorrow."

  I adjust my sunglass as I watch them stack the groceries onto the boat.

  After 20 minutes of trying to convince my brother and JJ they'd finally given in.

  So here I was, on Pope's boat with him and JJ, delivering groceries to the Kooks.

  "Rich folks don't wanna wait for you lazy sons of..." Heyward trails off as JJ holds his hands out towards him.

  "Oh, JJ, thank you," He says as he sets the bags into JJ's hands as I snort in amusement.

  "It doesn't even look like the storm hit there," Pope says in disbelief as he steers the boat past the Cameron's house.

  "That's because they got generators, bro. Get used to it," JJ says as he takes another swig of his beer.

  "I'm sensing a rant," I murmur under my breath making Pope snicker.

  "And then they say the juice will be out all summer at the cut," JJ continues.

"Must be nice to be a Kook," I say as my hoodie starts to feel extra hot.

  "Lucky bastards," JJ says as Pope parks the boat by the dock.

  "It's showtime," I sing as I push my sunglasses up, grab three of the bags, and hop off the boat.

  "Thanks Izzy, leave the men to carry everything," JJ says as him and Pope grab the rest of the bags.

  "Oh, shut up wallet," I say as I glance around.

  "Oh really-" JJ begins but Pope cuts him off.

  "Guys, come on, no arguing. Izzy just come with me and JJ go find your houses."

  "Why do we have to deliver it directly to them again?" I ask as I follow behind Pope slowly and JJ walks in the opposite direction.

  "Because they're to rich to get up off their asses and go to the local store."

  "Touché Pope," I say as a golf course comes into view. I adjust the bags in my hands as I follow Pope up the sandy path.

  "Shut up!" I heard a familiar voice yell. Glancing up, I saw Rafe and Topper talking. 

  "Oh God," Pope mutters as he pulls his hat further down, "Keep your head down Izzy, I repeat do not make eye contact."

  "You're so dramatic Pope," I say but I still pull my sunglasses down over my eyes as we walk closer to them.

  "Rafe, Rafe. Let's just get your ball man," Topper says as they walk towards us.

  "Oh god, oh god," Pope murmurs under his breath.

  "Just relax Pope," I murmur as I take a step closer to him.

  "Hey, what's up man?" Rafe says cheerfully to Pope, not even glancing at me.

  "Hey, how much for one of those beers?" Rafe says as he sticks his golf club out to stop Pope from walking past him.

  "They're not for sale," Pope mumbles as he attempts to move around Rafe but he pushes him back, making my anger spike.

  "Oh, wait, wait, wait. You can just give us one then, right?" Rafe ask as Topper takes a step closer to him.

  "Or you can order one, like everybody else," I snap but Rafe ignores me.

  "Listen, wait," Rafe says as he blocks Pope's path, "You're not listening to me."

  "You've got so many, bro, and we've got nothing," Rafe says as he scratches his cheek.

  "We've got nothing," Topper echoes as he shrugs.

  "They're not even mine, they're already paid for," Pope says, quickly becoming agitated.

  "All ready paid for?" Rafe says as he leans down to look in Pope's bag, "You probably stole them, right?"

  Pope doesn't get a chance to say anything because Rafe uses his club to rip the bag open, sending its contents all over the ground.

  "What the fuck Rafe!" I yell, I could practically see him getting riled up.

  "You owe us for that!" Pope shouts, pointing his hand at the spilled contents and Rafe swings his club out, knocking the other bag out of his hand.

  "I don't owe you shit, Pogue," Rafe says as he advances toward Pope.

  "Back off Rafe!" I yell as Pope shoves him back. "Buy your own shit!"

  "Hey, come on man," Topper says as him and Rafe start pushing him around.

  "Leave him alone!" I say as I drop my bags and shove Topper away from Pope.

  "We just want one of these beers! Just give us one of these beers!" Topper says as he tries to wrestle the beer carton away from Pope.

  "Just leave us alone!" I yell as Rafe watches Topper and Pope amusingly.

  "You guys are freaking crazy!" Pope yells as he tries to yank the carton away from Topper.

  "Just give us a beer, man!" Topper yells as he yanks the beer carton hard, which makes Pope lose his grip and fall to the ground.

  "Pope!" I yell as I shove past Topper and kneel beside him.

  "Shit," Topper exclaims as Rafe picks up his golf club.

  "Pope, you're bleeding," I say as I gingerly touch his now bleeding forehead.

  "Shit, my bad man," Topper laughs.

  "Fucking Bitch!" I yell as I stand up and shove Topper back.

  "Whoa, chill," Topper says, shoving me harder back, causing me to lose my balance and fall back onto my side, suddenly sensing Deja Vu.

  "Topper, what the hell!" Rafe says as Pope stands up and tries to swing at Topper.

  Rafe steps in front of him and shoves his golf club into Pope's stomach. "Stay the hell off our side of the island, Pogue!"

  "Rafe, stop!" I yell as Rafe swings his golf club back and hits it over Pope's back, sending him to the ground, groaning.

  "Hey! Rafe, come on man!" Topper shouts as I stagger to my feet and move towards Rafe.

  "Stay down bitch!" Rafe yells at Pope who was clutching his stomach.

  "You fucking asshole!" I yell as I shove Rafe back, he had a surprised look on his face right before my clenched fist connected with his jaw.

  "Ow, fuck!" I curse as I cradle my hand, pain shooting up my arm.

  "Topper no!" I hear Rafe yell and I barely have time to look up and see Topper swing the golf club into my stomach.

  The club connects with my bruised abdomen and I cry out in pain as I fall to the ground, tears pooling in my eyes.

  "You fucking idiots!" Pope shouts as he sinks down to his knees beside me.

  "She already has enough bruises on her stomach do you want to seriously injure her?" 

  I bite my lip in pain as I clutch my stomach.

  "What?" Rafe ask, his voice barely above a whisper, "What bruises?"

  "The ones your boy Kelce gave her. Are you blind or just stupid? Why would she be wearing a hoodie out in this heat?" Pope says and continues before Rafe gets a chance to speak.

  "To cover up the bruises and forced hickies on neck-" Pope says but Topper cuts him off.

  "You're a fucking liar, Pogue. Why would Kelce even do that?"

  "He said it was payback for what JJ did to you at the Boneyard," I say as Pope helps me into a sitting position.

   "Izzy-" Rafe begins but Pope interupts him.

  "Save it Rafe. You invited her to the party, you should've been taking care of her. Kelce could've raped her, or killed her, luckily JJ got there in time."

  "Izzy-" Rafe tries again but I cut him off angrily.

  "Just go Rafe!" I snap as I cradle my hand.

  "Rafe, Rafe let's go," Topper says as he pulls on Rafe's shoulder.

  He hesitates, looking back at me one more time before following after Topper.

  "Izzy, are you okay?" Pope ask as I stand up shakily.

  "Yeah, I'm fine. Come on," I say, wrapping my good hand around Pope to support him as we walk down the path, leaving the broken groceries behind.

  As the boat slowly comes into view, I realize I'd lost my sunglasses.

  Here's chapter 21! Sorry if it was bad and if there's any spelling mistakes.

  Any suggestions on what you want to happen with Rafe?

  Vote and Comment!

See you soon Loves

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.5K 941 29
β–Œπ—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› John B's Kook half-sister realizes that her lifelong best friend is everything she's ever wanted, and everything she can never have...
521K 4K 62
β€žmeeting you was like listening to a song for the first time and knowing it would be my favourite." -JJ x fem oc : John b's sister -Outer Banks stor...
141K 1.6K 63
"And lastly, that's Madison, or Mads, my little sister who is also trying to climb up the broken lifeguard tower. We're only a year apart. When she's...