Fix You

By polybiusquare

~stuck in reverse~ More

Prologue
FY1
FY2
FY3
FY4
FY6
FY7
FY8
FY9
FY10
FY11
FY12
FY13
FY14
FY15
FY16
FY17
FY18
FY19
FY20
FY21
FY22
FY23
FY24
FY25
FY26
FY27
FY28
FY29
FY30
FY31
FY32
FY33
FY34
FY35
FY36
FY37
FY38
FY39
FY40
FY41
FY42
FY43
FY44
FY45
FY46
FY47
FY48
FY49
FY50
FY51
FY52
FY53
FY54
FY55
FY56
FY57
FY58
FY59
FY60
FY61
FY62
FY63
FY64
FY65
FY66
FY67
FY68
FY69
FY70
FY71
FY72
FY73
FY74
FY75
FY76
FY77
FY78
FY79
FY80
FY81
FY82
FY83
FY84
FY85
FY86
FY87
FY88
FY89
FY90
FY91
FY92
Epilogue
Alternate Ending

FY5

2.5K 50 0
By polybiusquare

Friday ngayon meaning, Remnants will perform at The Bar. Excited yung band mates niya pati yung mga fans nila from this resto bar kasi matagal din silang hindi tumugtog dito. Kila Cha kasi yung resto bar na yun kaya after ng break up nila, they decided not to perform there muna. Alyssa always says its fine, but hindi naman ganun kamanhid yung grupo not to know na its really not. Alyssa loved Cha so much and they all know better than letting them see each other in a bar that holds a lot of memories for the both of them. She's actually the reason why they were able to perform here. She told her parents about them. Pero ngayon, its Cha's dad. He contacted Gretch and asked if they can perform kasi matagal na silang hinahanap ng fans nila. Gretch told the news to everyone and they're ofcourse hesitating because of Alyssa but siya na mismo nagsabi na okay lang kaya, here they are, on Alyssa's car, making their way to The Bar.

"Grabe, I really missed performing there. Solid din kasi crowd dun eh." Bea said.

"Paanong hindi eh most of them are our schoolmates. Ofcourse, they'd love to see Ly there." Thirdy said.

"All of us. They love seeing all of us up on stage." Ly said.

"Are you sure its fi--" Kiefer who's driving was cut off by Alyssa.

"Very sure, Kief. So shut up and drive. We comin' back home." Ly said. Its kinda odd hearing her say that kasi it seems like she's saying na she's also coming back to Cha, but they know what she meant. The Bar is indeed home for them. After all, this is where they had their first ever gig.

The rest of the barkada are also excited for them. They all said na manunuod sila kasi nga parang comeback performance 'to ng Remnants. For Den naman, first time niya manunuod ng gig nila kasi hindi siya pinapayagan ng mommy niya sa mga nakaraang gig. This time, Ly asked for permission and promised to take care of her kaya siya pinayagan. Nauna na siyang dumating kasi dinaanan siya ng excited na excited na sila Ella, Ara, Kim at Mika. After some time, dumating na rin sila Ly and nag-ingay agad yung buong place.

"Looks like this night will be so much fun." Sabi nung emcee and parang resident speaker na din ng bar. "Palakpakan naman natin ang ating paboritong banda!" He said and nagpalakpakan nga yung mga tao.

Hindi naman muna nagpunta sa stage sila Ly and dumiretso muna sa friends nila. She sat beside Den.

"Lakas pala ng impact niyo dito eh." Den said.

"Matagal lang di nakatugtog dito kaya ganun." Ly said. "Okay ka lang dito?"

"Oo naman, boi! Anong akala mo, pinapabayaan namin 'tong girlfriend mo?" Kim butted in. Nakikinig pala sila sa kanila.

"Baliw. May makarinig sayo." Ly said.

"Tas pag kami di tinatanong kung okay lang. Audience din kami oh!" Sabi naman ni Ara.

"Sanay na kasi kayo dito." Ly just said.

"Sus, ikaw Ly ah!" Asar din ni Ella sa kanya.

"Guys, tawag na ata tayo sa likod." Bea said. Tumayo naman sila and nagsipunta sa back stage. Kinakausap kasi muna sila ng management every performance nila to tell them what kind of music the customers have been up to and to tell them stuff.

"Ay. Di nagba-bye." Kim said and looked teasingly at Den. Den just smiled at her but she actually felt kinda sad na hindi man lang siya kinausap ni Ly before leaving. OA, but that's what she felt.

"Okay, guys. First of all, welcome back!" The manager of the bar said. Kahit kasi pinapahawak 'to kay Cha, may manager pa din na iba kasi she's still a highschool student, after all. They just smiled at him. "So, one year din kayong hindi tumugtog dito." He said and saw na medyo napatungo si Ly. "But lets leave all of those behind, okay? Tonight is a new night, a new start. Regarding sa gusto nila, same pa rin. They still love Coldplay and The Script. I guess, Alyssa's influence never really left this bar." He said and smiled at Alyssa. "So, ano pa? Go and make this place alive again! We've honestly almost died when you left, but like what I said, this is a new night. Shall we?" He asked.

They put their hands up, just like what a sports team do, they huddled. "Remnants on three!" Ly said. "One, two, three!"

"Remnants!" Sabay-sabay nilang sabi, kasama si LA, the manager and Cha's cousin who is in college already. Doing this felt the same, except for the fact na 6 na lang sila ngayon, instead of the usual 7, na kasali si Cha.

"Its been a year since they last graced The Bar's stage and I know you all missed them! Kahit ako namiss sila. So, wag na natin patagalin! Lets welcome back, our favorite band, Remnants!" The emcee said and naghiyawan at nagpalakpakan ang mga tao.

"Hi, guys! Namiss niyo ba kami?" Kiefer asked.

"Sobra!" Sigaw nung mga tao.

"Okay okay. We missed you too." Kief said.

"Its been a year na din pala, no? Nothing much changed. Even the faces in the crowd, same pa rin. Pero, parang dun sa dulo may bago? Hi, miss!" Sabi ni Ly and waved at the girl sa may dulong table, which is Den. Sinakyan naman yun ni Den and waved back at her. Ly just smiled. "Okay na, boi?"

"Oks na." Gretch answered.

"Para sa lahat ng broken-hearted, welcome to the club daw sabi ni Ly." Kief joked and the crowd laughed.

"Baliw, hindi." Ly said. "Na." Dugtong niya and looked at a certain pair of eyes in the crowd. "Sana, mag-enjoy kayo." She said and Gretch started strumming her guitar.

🎶All the things that we've lost
Breaking off comes at a cost
And know I miss this mistake
Every word I try to choose
Either way I'm gonna lose
Can't take the ache from heartbreak

Oh, but as you walk away
You don't hear me say🎶

Kiefer sang the first part, its almost always automatic that the chorus part is for Ly, whenever they perform.

🎶Where's the "good" in "goodbye"?
Where's the "nice" in "nice try"?
Where's the "us" in "trust gone"?
Where's the "soul" in "soldier on"?
Now I'm the "lone" in "lonely"
'Cause I don't own you only
I can take this mistake
But I can't take the ache from heartbreak
No, I can't take the ache from heartbreak🎶

Alyssa sang with her eyes closed again. Everyone's enjoying the performance. They really missed this band. While she's singing, two pairs of eyes are intently looking at her. One, with happiness and gratefulness that she'll be able to witness more of this, the other, with regret and sorrow that she might always have to hide from the crowd just to see her perform again. After that song, bumaba muna sila sa stage to let the customers jam and sing whatever they want. They went back to where their friends are.

"Lamig ng boses mo. Parang kulang 'tong suot ko." Den teased her at nagkuwari pang nilalamig talaga.

"Bagong palit lang yung aircon nila dito kaya ganun. Di ako yun." Ly said and inakbayan si Den.

"Ayaw ng sinsabihang girlfriend niya pero kung makadikit, wagas?" Kim said, making sure Alyssa will hear it.

"Pag inakbayan, dapat girlfriend na agad?" Ly asked and inakbayan din si Mika na asa kabilang side niya. "Playboy na ba ako nito?" She chuckled.

"No, kasi hindi ka naman boy." Mika said and inalis yung pagkaka-akbay ni Alyssa sa kanya.

"May point." Ly said while smiling.

"Uhm, Ly!" LA called her.

"Yo, LA?" Ly answered. LA walked closer to their table but he wasn't alone. He's with Cha. Sometimes, they really wanna smash LA's face. "Mind if we join you?"

"LA, no." Cha said. Ly's heart jumped hearing her voice again. "Sorry, guys. Si LA kasi eh. Sige, alis na ka--"

"Akala ko, you'll join us?" Ly asked. Everyone in the table looked at her. "C'mon, take a seat. Wag kayo matakot, as if we bite?" She chuckled and lahat sila nalilito na sa mga ginagawa at sinasabi niya. "C'mon."

Naupo naman si LA at Cha sa tabi ni Gretch at Kief, across Den and Ly. It was awkward but Alyssa would always make the mood lighter. She and Den. Wala namang alam si Den about what happened kasi di niya pa rin natatanong si Ly or anyone from the barkada. But, Ly seems to be fine with Cha's presence so she just went with her. Sila yung bumubuhay sa table nila with their friendly banters and funny exchanges which makes their friends laugh.

"The first time she ate isaw, she has one of her eyes closed pa and even told me na baka mamatay siya. Like? Di naman ata nakakamatay kumain ng ipot ng manok, diba? Look at her and me, buhay pa rin kami even after eating countless of isaws." Kwento ni Den at natawa na naman sila.

"You're gross." Ly said and chuckled while shaking her head.

"Says the one who'd always say, 'tara, kain ng ipot sa labas!' to me, after class?" Den said and smirked at her.

"I say that?" Ly asked, trying to sound innocent. "I don't remember."

"You do, idiot." Den said. Cha bit her lower lip at that. She used to call Ly, idiot, too. Used to.

"Wait, what's isaw? We don't have that kasi in LaSalle eh." Maarteng sabi ni LA.

"Grabe naman yun, Kuya LA." Gretch said, emphasizing the kuya part. "College ka na nga pala, no? Tanda mo na!"

"Hoy, mas matanda lang ako ng 2 years sayo, no. In less than 2 years, you'll be in college also." LA said. "Where do you plan to go pala in college?"

"Di ko pa nga alam eh. Di pa kami nag-uusap nila mommy. Ikaw, Cha?" Gretch said, trying to get Cha in to the conversation.

"Well, maybe LaSalle na din. Dun din naman kasi galing halos buong family eh. Tas andun din 'tong lokong 'to. Alam niyo na, bantay ko 'to lagi." Cha answered. "Kayo? I know, matagal pa pero san niyo plano?"

"Wala pa, naku. Di pa nga namin alam kung papasa kami this school year eh. Hahaha." Kim answered.

"I'd probably go to Ateneo. Andun din naman sila kuya ngayon eh." Biglang sabi ni Alyssa and again, Cha felt hurt. Alyssa used to say na she'll go to wherever college Cha goes and its already a done deal, matagal na. But its another "used to". Things have really changed.

"Really? Mom wants me to study there also!" Den excitedly said. "If hindi nga boys' school yung highschool nila, baka dun na kami tinransfer ni mommy eh. Dun din kasi sila graduate ni daddy."

"Ano ba yan? Edi, magkasama na naman tayo? Hays." Alyssa said, but they all know na inaasar niya lang si Den.

"Edi, wag ka dun pumasok, duh. Mag-UST ka!" Den said.

"Uy, speaking of UST, may kwento kami ni Ly about that damn school." Kim said, si Ly, napailing na lang, remembering that story, Kim is talking about.

"Walang may paki." Den uninterestedly said. "Joke lang! Hahaha. Go na, Kim. Tell us the damn story." She said kasi she saw na Kim was about to protest.

Magkukuwento na sana si Kim nung tawagin na ulit sila sa stage to perform.

"Wrong timing yung kwento mo, boi!" Thirdy said and stood up. "Lets go, bois!"

"Sa school mo na lang ikwento, boi." Natatawang sabi ni Kief at tinapik ang balikat ni Kim. Mukha kasing gustong-gusto na ikwento ni Kim eh.

"Kung ako sayo, hindi ko na ikukuwento. Ayaw talaga ng tadhana eh. Haha." Mika said. Alam kasi nila Ara yung kwento na yun.

"Oo nga, boi. Kalimutan niyo na yun. Haha." Sabi rin ni Ara. Sinimangutan lang sila ni Kim.

"Hi, guys! Ang bilis niyo naman mag-jam. Nagkukuwentuhan pa kami eh." Ly said and chuckled. "Anyway, here's our second and last song. Di na siya pang broken-hearted, promise."

"Boi, when you sing it, I swear nagiging pang broken-hearted lahat ng kanta." Kief said and laughed. The crowd also laughed.

"Is that supposed to make me feel good, boi?" Ly asked. Kief just shrugged and nagsuot din ng gitara. Once, okay na yung mga band mates niya, she readied herself for the song.

"I'm not singing, guys. This is all Alyssa." Kief said.

"Awww." The crowd reacted.

"Wag ako. I know you want this." Kief said and playfully rolled his eyes. "Game, game!" He said and nagstart na sila ni Gretch magstrum.

🎶'Cause you're a sky, 'cause you're a sky full of stars
I'm gonna give you my heart
'Cause you're a sky, 'cause you're a sky full of stars
'Cause you light up the path

I don't care, go on and tear me apart
I don't care if you do, ooh
'Cause in a sky, 'cause in a sky full of stars
I think I saw you🎶

Unlike with her usual style of singing where she always has her eyes closed, she now has her eyes open and is looking intently to someone in the crowd. She even flashed a beautiful smile that the girls in the crowd, thought is for them and made them squeal. Alyssa's clearly enjoying their performance. She has a smile plastered on her face the whole time.

"Thank you, guys!" Alyssa said after they're done. "We missed you so much! Thank you, thank you! See you again next week!"

Binigay niya yung mic sa band mates niya para isa-isang magpakilala. Ginagawa naman ata 'to ng lahat ng bands, diba.

"I'm Bea de Leon, keyboard." Bea said and smiled which made the girls squeal again. Isa din kasi siya sa chic magnet sa banda.

"Thirdy Ravena, drums." He said and winked.

"Gretchen Ho, lead guitarist." She said and made a peace sign.

"Kiefer Ravena, vocalist and sometimes, guitarist. Thank you, guys!" He said and smiled.

"And I'm Alyssa Valdez, you know who I am." Ly said and bit her lower lip while smiling. "Bye, guys! Thank you!"

"Iba ka talaga, kuys!" Bea said habang naglalakad at parang minamasahe yung balikat ni Alyssa. Alyssa just smiled at her.

"Thank you for performing tonight, guys! This means a lot. Salamat." LA said and kinamayan pa sila.

"Napaka-formal mo naman po, Kuya LA." Bea said. "Thank you rin!"

"Salamat, kuys!" Thirdy said.

"Oh pano? Una na kami." Ly said.

"Ay, uuwi na tayo, boi?" Kief asked.

"Well, ako, oo. I need to bring Den home. Baka di na pumayag ulit si Tita." Ly answered. "You can stay naman."

"Mamaya na tayo, boi." Gretch said and eyed Kiefer. Nagets naman nila yun.

"Ay, sige. Mamaya na kami, boi. Mag-Grab na lang kami." Kief said.

"Ikaw, Bea?" Ly faced her.

"Ah, sabay na lang ako sa kanila, ate." Bea answered.

"Sige, una na ko ah. Bye, LA! Bye, Cha! Salamat." She said and even hugged the cousins then left to go to their friends. "Tara na?" She asked pagkalapit niya sa kanila.

"Agad?" Ella said.

"You can stay. Andun sila kasi di pa daw uuwi. But, I need to bring Den home eh." Ly said. "Ano, sabay kayo?"

"Ella! Free food from LA oh!" Tawag sa kanya ni Gretch.

"Ayun! Sabay ka na samin, Ells!" Sabi ni Mika at hinila na si Ella papunta kila Gretch.

"Sige, guys! Bye, ingat kayo!" Sabi ni Kim na hila-hila si Ara.

"Wait, sasabay na ko sa kanila!" Ara said.

"Wag na. Ililibre ka na lang ni Mika ng pamasahe!" Sabi ni Kim. Rinig pa rin yun nung dalawa kaya natawa na lang sila. Damn, these teenagers.

"So, tara na?" Ly asked.

"Well, we should. If you want me back here." Den answered tas lumabas na sila at nagpunta sa kotse ni Ly. "You drive?"

"No. You'll drive." Ly said and parang gulat na gulat naman si Den.

"What?! No, I can't!" Den said at umatras pa.

"Hey, I was joking. Wait, okay ka lang ba?" Ly asked.

"Y-yeah. Lets go." Den said and pumasok na sa kotse ni Alyssa.

"Okay ka lang ba talaga?" Ly asked pagkapasok niya sa kotse.

"O-oo. Tara na, please." Den said and Alyssa felt na she doesn't wanna talk about it so she just drove. Medyo matagal na silang umaandar when Den noticed na hindi naman sila sa village nila papunta. "San tayo pupunta?"

"Kahit saan." Ly answered.

"Sira ulo ka ba?" Den said. "Akala ko ba, you need to bring me home dahil magagalit si mommy?"

"Reason ko lang yun. Hanggang 12 paalam ko kay tita." Ly said and smiled. Den started hitting her. "Aww. Hey, hey, stop! I'm driving, pag tayo naaksidente, Den!" With that, Den stopped.

"S-sorry." Den said and looked down.

Ly stopped the car, "Hey, its okay." She said. "Uy, why are you crying?" Tarantang sabi niya. "Shit." She said kasi hindi talaga siya magaling magcomfort ng tao. Hindi niya alam kung anong dapat sabihin or atleast, she thinks na hindi niya alam. "Uhm, tahan ka na. I'll buy you chocolates na lang."

"It sticks on my braces." Den said while still crying.

In her mind, Alyssa's like, "Is she serious?" But she didn't say that, instead, she said, "Uh, uhm ano, how about ice cream?" Den didn't answer. "I'll take that as a yes." She said and started driving again.

She stopped in front of 7-11 and bumaba, telling Den that she'll be back agad and dun lang siya but Den being Den, sumunod pa rin siya.

"I like vanilla better." Den said. She's standing behind Alyssa.

"Oh." Ly said. "Ate, wait. Vanilla daw eh." Nahihiyang sabi ni Ly dun sa cashier.

"Ay sige lang. Walang problema." The girl answered in a very pabebe way, obviously trying to hit with her.

The two of them walked back to the ice cream fridge to get a vanilla-flavored ice cream.

"She's tryna hit on you, Tarsi." Den said and chuckled.

"What?" Ly said.

"She's trying to hi--"

"No, no. What did you call me?" Ly asked, confused of what Den said.

"Tarsi." Den casually answered.

"What does that even supposed to mean?" Ly asked again.

"Tarsi. Tarsier. You look like a tarsier kaya." Den answered, as if its the best thing she's said today.

"Wow." Ly just said and kumuha na lang ng ice cream.

After they paid, after Ly paid, they went back to her car na.

"Bakit ka nakakapagdrive?" Den suddenly asked.

"What do you mean, bakit?" Ly asked back.

"I mean, you're just 15. Is that even possible?" Den said as she started munching the ice cream.

"I'm not just 15. I'm 15. And yes, that's possible. Student license." Ly said. "Ikaw, do you drive?"

"No!" Den said, which kinda surprised Ly.

"Okay, chill." Ly said and stopped the car.

"What now?" Den asked.

"We're here." Ly answered and hopped off the car. Den was waiting for Alyssa to open the door for her, but a minute has passed and she's still not opening it so she just went down on her own. "Tagal mo." Sabi pa ni Ly habang nakatayo.

"You didn't open the door for me!" Reklamo ni Den.

"I didn't know I have to." Ly said and kinuha kay Den yung paper bag and started eating her ice cream tas naupo sa sidewalk.

Tinabihan naman siya ni Den, "Where are we?"

"A meter away from the cemetery." Ly answered kaya Den immediately stood up and looked around. They're indeed in the freakin' cemetery at 10:30pm.

"What are we doing here?" Den asked her. She feels a bit nervous.

"I thought you'd want to introduce me to your dad?" Ly answered. Hindi rin alam ni Den kung sino mas malakas trip sa kanilang dalawa eh. "C'mon, eat that up and we're going to them. I'll introduce you to mommy."

"No. I'm in no way, going inside!" Den said and walked pabalik sa kotse but its locked. "Open this!"

"I'm in no way opening that door. Tara na, dali. Baka mas lalo kang matakot mamaya." Ly said and tumayo na rin tas nilapitan si Den. "C'mon. Dead people can't hurt us."

"Who told you?!" Den exclaimed.

"Him." Ly said and pointed 'someone' behind Den.

"Oh my gosh!" Den screamed and napayakap kay Ly.

"Lets go." Natatawang sabi ni Ly and hinila si Den papasok sa sementeryo.

Wala naman ng nagawa si Den kaya nagpahila na lang siya kay Alyssa.

"Alyssa, sinasabi ko sayo ha." Den said and hinigpitan yung hawak sa kamay ni Alyssa.

"Wag ka ngang duwag." Ly said. "Sa daddy mo muna?"

"Oh God. This way." Den said and nagpalit sila ni Ly, siya naman yung nauuna pero magkahawak pa rin sila ng kamay. They stopped in a grave, just a few meters away from where Alyssa's mom lies. "Uhm, hi, dad! You're probably wondering why I'm here. Its because someone wants me to introduce her to you." She said and looked at Alyssa. "She's Alyssa, my new--"

"Girlfriend. Hi, tito!" Ly said with a wide smile plastered on her face. Den glared at her. "Ay, no ba? Di pala, tito. We're just friends lang po. Joke lang po yun."

"She's hella crazy, dad. She's my new friend. Neighbor din namin siya. Well, actually, sa tapat ng bahay natin." Den said.

"Alam niya na yan, Den. Tell him something he doesn't know." Ly said. Den just looked at her. "He's always with you nila tita. Alam niya na the obvious that's up with you kasi he sees it. Tell him something inside of you."

Den's eyes grew wide. What does she mean with something inside of me?

"What do you mean?" Den asked.

"Tell him your feelings." Ly said and smiled. "Like what you feel for Myco." She said with a teasing tone.

"What?!" Den exclaimed.

"Shhh. You might wake them up." Ly said and pointed the graves around them. "I know Den. I can notice it. You have a thing on him."

"Tamang hinala lang? Wala akong gusto dun sa pinsan mo, no! Tsaka, I thought ayaw mo?" Den said.

"May magagawa ba ako if both of you wants it? He can change naman. For you." Ly said and smiled tas tinusok-tusok pa yung tagiliran ni Den. "Yiiieee! Tito, don't worry. Babantayan ko po sila ni Myco. Ako pong bahala."

"Wala nga akong gusto sa kanya, Ly. Ang kulit mo." Den said, she feels like her blood rushed to her face.

"2 months pa lang tayo magkakilala, but you can't lie to me. I mean, I'm not sure if its really Myco, but sino pa ba diba? I'm just sure na you're inlove right now. And I'll be here to support you, Elfy!" Ly said.

"Elfy?" Den said.

"Yeah. Ako si Tarsi diba? You're Elfy kasi you're so small." Ly answered and chuckled. "Uhm, as much as we want to talk to you pa po, tito, we need to go na po eh. Pupuntahan pa po namin si mommy. Bye, tito! Balik po kami! Or baka si Den and Myco na lang po. Haha. Nice meeting you po, tito!"

Den sighed after hearing everything that Alyssa said, "Bye, dad! I'll visit you again soon. I love you." Sabi na lang niya.

They went to Ly's mom. Sandali lang sila. Ly just introduced Den to her tas nagkuwento siya ng konti then umuwi na rin sila kasi malapit na mag-12. While on the car, Den was thinking of everything Ly said earlier.

Is it that obvious that I'm inlove? Paano eh ni hindi ko pa nga inaamin sa sarili ko?

"Ah, bahala na." She said out loud.

"Si Batman?" Ly asked, hearing what Den said.

"H-ha?"

"You're talking to yourself, Den." Ly chuckled. "Don't worry, your secret is safe with me. I'm not gonna tell anyone that you're inlove. With the freakin' Myco."

Den didn't answer but yet again, talked to herself in her mind, "I think you're right, Ly. I'm inlove. But I don't think its with your cousin." She said, making sure, she didn't say it out loud this time.

~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

698K 23.7K 70
A story where a girl would do anything to get rid of her studies including getting married with a Mafia king but fate played opposite of it even afte...
4.4K 139 15
Mikee can say na sobrang swerte na siya sa mga taong nakapaligid sa kanya, from friends and family. The love she received from them was enough but, s...
388K 8K 34
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
13.7K 804 9
───── 𝐀𝐋𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐒 𝐏 𝐡 𝐨 𝐞 𝐧 𝐢 𝐱 /ˈ𝚏ē𝚗𝚒𝚔𝚜/ (in classical mythology) a unique bird that lived for five or six centuries...