Chasing Rainbows

By weiss719

Her eye-smile that hid all the tears. His dimples that kept all the pain. Made them spend their lives chasing... More

1. Expecting
2. Her Life
3. His Life
4. Chicken and Beer
5. Charity Dinner
6. The Talk
7. Best Friends
8. Sandpearl
9. Water lovers
10. Maybe the Night
11. Morning
12. Waiting
13. Home
15. Secret Surprise
16. Whirlwind
17. Last Love

14. The Question

3K 120 35
By weiss719

Bin opened his eyes and tried to remember where he was. A few seconds later, he realized he's now in Yejin's apartment in Houston, making him smile. He found himself settled in her sofa. Turning on the lamp beside him, she saw her lying adjacent to him in the sofa, sleeping peacefully. He drew close to her, brushing the hair strands off her face. He smiled, still relieved that he can now enjoy simple moments as this with her now. Staring at her for almost a minute, he was unable to resist himself from kissing her face. He did so gently, but Yejin was still awakened.

"Hmmm.." Looking at him, she smiled. "Love?...." she continued, trying to open her eyes.

She just then threw her arms to him and hugged him, making him chuckle.

"Yes love?" Bin said, now hugging Yejin and touching her head.

"I'm hungry but I'm still sleepy..." Yejin said with her sweet bedroom voice.

"You want to eat? C'mon get up." Amused, Bin tried to pull her up but she hugged him tighter and remained in her position.

"But I'm sleepy."

Bin, now laughing at her cuteness then offered, "Okay, What do you want to eat love?"

With Yejin not answering, he continued, "Hmm..let me just prepare whatever I find in the kitchen for you, then I'll wake you up, just continue sleeping for a few more minutes okay?"

"Oh-huh.." She managed to mutter.

With that, Bin removed her arms from her and went to the kitchen to check what he could prepare for her. He saw a loaf of bread and some sliced cheddar cheese. Seeing her sandwich maker, he prepared grilled sandwiches for them. Looking at the clock, he saw that it's now 1 AM.

Putting the sandwiches on a plate and a glass of fresh milk for her, he brought the tray to her and put it down on the side table. "Love, let's eat."

He assisted her to get up and sat beside her. She continued to just lean on him. Putting his arms around her, he looked at her now half-awakened face. "My baby's still sleepy? Let's eat so you can go back to sleep right away."

Trying to open her eyes, she smiled. "Ohh this is what pregnancy can do to me. Thank you love for being here to take care of me." She said as she finally opened her eyes and ate the sandwich given by Bin, who was also now munching his.

"Anything for you love." He continued, "Let's talk tomorrow about our plans okay? I still need to go back to Seoul in two weeks my love."

"Oh is that so?" Yejin now finally woke up. Hearing it just made her heart ache already.

"Yeah but we'll work and plan things out okay?" He said, while caressing her shoulder.

"Okay." She said, pouting as she drank her milk.

"Let's go to the beach this weekend? I mean today, because it's already past 1 AM." Bin suddenly asked her.

The idea made Yejin excited. "I'd love that, love!"

With that, Bin got his laptop and tried to search for a beach resort near Houston. He showed several resort hotels to Yejin and asked her to choose one, and booked it. With Yejin still sitting on the sofa, Bin stood up and cleaned their leftovers. Going back to Yejin, he saw her smiling but apparently thinking about something.

"Why love?" He asked.

"Where do we sleep?" She replied with a worried voice.

"Haha, in your bed, where else?" Bin said, now pulling her up from sitting.

"It's just a full size bed, love, it might be uncomfortable for you."

Bin scooped her all of a sudden and carried her to the bedroom, causing her to giggle and shout, "Love, wait!"

He laid her down beside him, leaving only a few inches gap in between them.

Yejin laughed, pointing out that she's right. "See?"

Bin then wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close to him. "See? We fit just right!" He kissed her on her head.

Pouting, she stared at him. "Are you sure? We'll try to solve this tomorrow."

"No worries my love, I can sleep like this with you forever." And with that, they just stared at each other.

Bin broke the silence. "Love let's talk about our plans tomorrow okay? I also have a question to ask you."

"What question?" She said, her hands now playing with his hair, combing it and just feeling its softness.

"I'll just ask you tomorrow. You're an ob-gyn so you should know the answer to that. Hahaha." He laughed naughtily.

Yejin got curious and prodded, "Hmm what's that love? Ask me now, I won't be able to fall asleep thinking about that."

Bin hugged her. "Hahaha let's wait until tomorrow."

Yejin then sat and threatened Bin to tell it, otherwise, she told him, she would sleep at the sofa.

Defeated, Bin finally answered her. "Hahaha okay okay love...My question is.. can we still do that?"

Yejin fell silent as if trying to understand what he meant. "That? What that?"

"Love...you know, making love?" Bin said, smiling sweetly at her.

"Ohh... " She smiled and blushed. "Hmmm.. if I say no, what will you do?"

Bin sighed. "Then I'll wait for you, it's not a problem."

"Are you sure?" Yejin smiled naughtily.

"Hmm...yes, but it might be a challenge for me.." He sighed again, with his lips pouting. Yejin smiled at his cuteness, and finally couldn't contain her laughter.

"Hahaha! Im just joking love...yes, we can still do that, unless I have certain issues, but thankfully, I have a healthy pregnancy."

"Really?" Like a child who's given a toy, Bin smiled happily and kissed her. "Thanks my love."

"Is that all?" She said, now lying beside him again.

"Hmm. I'll save the other question tomorrow. We must sleep now." He hugged her tightly and looked at her.

"I love you, Yejin." He kissed her on her forehead.

"I love you Bin." She kissed him on his dimples.

He pulled her closer and they kissed until they felt sleepy. Bin smiled when she yawned. "I'm the winner then. I'll get my reward tomorrow?" He smiled naughtily.

Nodding, she smiled and closed her eyes. Bin just stared at her until he also finally fell asleep. For the first time in years, the two of them experienced the most restful sleep they had as they sleep together again officially as a couple.

---

The following morning, Bin went to his apartment to get his car and some of his clothes. He then went back to pick Yejin up, just in time as she finished preparing for their trip. They had a late brunch and they planned to just eat at the resort later. Getting inside her apartment, he saw her in her floral dress, which just made his heart flutter once more. This was his favorite look of hers.

He drew close to her and got her bag from her. He managed to snatch a kiss on her lips before they leave, which Yejin thought would be just a peck but turned out to be one of those hot, deep kisses they shared.

Gasping for breath, she muttered. "Hey, you missed me already?"

Looking at her endearingly, Bin smiled. "Always, my love. You're so beautiful."

Yejin giggled. "It must be my pregnancy hormones love."

"No, you are always as much as beautiful as before." He said, now cupping her face.

"You really love me huh?" Yejin teased her. She just coudn't get enough of moments like this. Her Bin, seemingly smitten by her.

"Yeah." He gave her a peck on her lips.

With her eye-smile weapon, Yejin sweetly said, "Then if you do, would you buy me some cucumber lemonade from the Korean store? Our brand? I've been craving for it since yesterday. I already made some yesterday but it just didn't taste like the one we used to drink."

Bin enjoyed seeing her make her request like this and calculated where the Korean store was located. The store was on the opposite way from their destination. But, anything for his love, he happily agreed. Even if he needed to go to the moon, he'd do it, just to satisfy her craving. He smiled and asked her, "What else do you want love?"

Seeing he's up for more requests, Yejin gladly added, "Hmmm some donuts please? And..."

Her eyes squinted as if thinking deeply. "And Hyun Bin on the side." She said with a naughty smile.

He chuckled and pulled her closer towards him. "Right away, mam!"

Kissing her deeply, he added, "Can I serve Hyun Bin first?"

Moaning because of his kiss, Yejin blushed. "Let's save that for the finale..."

And with that, she motioned for them to leave. Bin shook his head and smiled.

---

The San Luis Resort, Galveston

After passing by the Korean store and Shipley Do-nuts, Yejin and Bin finally arrived at the resort in time for their scheduled check-in. A hotel staff was already waiting for them in their rented villa, and provided them a welcome Champagne. The villa has a separate veranda with personal hot tub and surrounded a serene pool with cabanas and daybeds.

As always, Yejin was amazed by the place. She hugged Bin, "Thank you, love, it's so lovely here." He just smiled and kissed her forehead. After touring around for a few minutes, the couple went to the living room as Bin told Yejin to eat first, taking out the donuts and lemonade they bought. They sat together and as they ate, they continued catching up with the stories they missed for the past five years.

"After you sent that email, I tried to contact you. I even wanted to go here to talk to you." Bin recalled, finally telling Yejin what he went through when she emailed him to break-up with him.

"I'm really sorry my love." Yejin hugged him. She knew all is well between them now, but she still felt guilty hearing it now from him.

He just smiled and touched her cheek. "Don't say that my love, it's all in the past. I'm just telling you that because I want you to know that that's the time when I realized you're really the one for me. I just couldn't live without you. After you left, I buried myself to work and really did not look at other girls."

"Really? Did you not?" She smiled.

Bin nodded and just kissed her, tasting the remnants of the donuts she just chewed on her lips. "Hmm..that's sweet."

She smiled at his gesture and continued with their serious conversation. "Thanks love, for forgiving me and understanding me. For me, I just consumed my past five years, as you knew, studying and taking care of my Dad. It was not an easy feat considering that I needed to adjust to the culture here and language, and the anxiety brought by Dad's cancer. I just really didn't want you to be taken for granted by me that time, and I felt like I cannot really give you my time, that's why ended it up. I was so afraid facing my decision, that's why I cut you off, all of you, actually. But in the end, I find myself all alone and regretted my decision. I'm sorry Bin."

Seeing and understanding what she's been through, Bin sighed and hugged her. "No, no more sorries okay? It's all in the past now and I love you now just as I loved you before, nothing's changed. I'm still the old Bin who's crazy in love with you.." He stared at her lovingly, and then smiled.."but hmm..maybe now, I'm just more handsome?"

She kissed his dimples and muttered. "Yeah, you are, my love...I fall again and again with that dimples of yours.."

Drawing back, Yejin continued. "But Bin I don't want to do that again. I don't wanna lose you again.."

"You won't my love, okay? We'll work things out this time." Bin assured her.

"How about your family? How are they?" She continued.

"Yeah, as I've said before, they're doing good, except for abeoji's health, though he's recovering now. Eommoni takes care of him full time, and our businesses were left in my hand. I've got to resolve a lot of issues in his absence, plus the scandal that my uncle went through. I had to travel overseas to meet our foreign investors and make sure that our branches and other businesses run well despite the blow in the top management. And because of that, I understood what you went through my love. This is actually my first time to rest after those two grueling months..." He smiled and hugged her. "But I wouldn't have it any other way. If this is my reward, this time with you, and being reunited with you again, then I'll go through that again."

Yejin smiled at her and touched his face, her eyes full of compassion for Bin. "Let me take away that tiredness, my love." She gave him a deep kiss, to which he responded gladly.

"I'm still tired love...I don't think I'll never get off this tiredness." He smiled, acting like being overwhelmed by fatigue, teasing her.

Yejin slapped his shoulder, and he caught her hands. With that, he invited her for a walk outside around the resort and along the shore, making Yejin reminisce their times in The Villas in Korea.

"I'm happy my noona acquired it, love. It's special to us." Bin mentioned.

"It's nice love, and I remember the coffee shop too. Thank you for acquiring it. I reallly wanted it to be preserved. Remember it's our dream to bring our future children there so we could tell them our love story?"

He smiled, touched her tummy and spoke to it. "My baby love, we'll go there when you grew up okay?"

Yejin thought it funny that they've been talking to their baby as early as now, even though she knew the baby's ear hasn't grown yet. But she loved doing it, anyway.

Holding her hands and squeezing it, Bin suddenly said, "I acquired it because of you, Yej...because of our dream."

"Hmm?" Her brows furrowed.

"Remember Mr. Park? He came to me because I told him before, when we're still at Yonsei that if ever it came to a point that he needed to sell it, just sell it to me. I wanted to preserve it for you, for us..for our dream..."

Yejin's eyes watered. "Oh really? But you said he just recently sold it. Does that mean that even if we're not together, you still decided to acquire it? "

"Yes, I bought it because of the agreement. And also, maybe because deep in my heart I still hoped for the day we'll be back together. At that time, my pain probably just masked my feelings for you."

She turned to him and hugged him tightly. "Oh, thank you Bin! Let's go back to those places, huh?"

"Sure my love." He smiled, getting excited of that dream of theirs being fulfilled.

----

Walking along the shore, they decided to wait for the sunset, which as always, was their favorite moment in the beach.

Yejin sighed at the freedom they now have, from all the pain and bitterness of the past. "Bin, we can now freely go to any beach huh?"

"Yes my love. Let's travel to many beaches as much as we can!" He exclaimed.

Pouting, Yejin replied. "Love, can I come with you whenever you have business trips abroad?"

"Do you want to? Can you still travel?"

"Yes, I can still travel of course, until my 36th week probably."

Bin smiled, "Okay love, I love that. Let's arrange that."

Yejin stopped and faced him. "I wanna take care of you, love."

Bin was touched with her sweetness, being pregnant as she was right now, she should be the one taken care of, but she just offered him her service. He hugged her and they stayed like that for a few minutes. When the sun started to set, Bin suddenly released from their hug, knelt down on his knee and grabbed her hand.

Surprised, Yejin looked at him, as if asking what's going on.

"I also wanted to take care of you my love, until we get old.. until our last breath...and this is the question I'd like to ask you last night, which I said I'll save for today.."

"Would you be my first and my LAST love?"

"Will you marry me?"

Yejin was swept by the moment and tears just flowed from her eyes, with the happiness and love that she felt at the moment, just like what she felt when he confessed his love to her on that yacht in Seoul, about nine years ago.

She nodded her head, and in between sobs, said,

"Of course, my love...I want you to be my last as well. And yes, I will marry you!"

Bin took out the couple rings on his pocket, stood up and said, "I was planning to give this to you when you return from the US after that vacation..."

"Omo! You're going to propose to me that time when we met to tell you about my decision to go back to the US?" Yejin asked, with her eyes widened.

"Yes." Bin nodded and at that, she sobbed. He hugged her once more and comforted her.

"Shh.. love, it's fine, we're here now, and I'm very happy now as much as I would be that time..I love you even more right now, my love."

Drawing back from their hug, Bin took her left hand and slipped the ring on her left ring finger, and kissed it. "I love you, my first and my last love."

Yejin smiled and with her face still red from crying, she lifted Bin's left hand. She put the other ring to his left finger. "I love you too, my special someone, my only love."

And they sealed it with a kiss.

=====

A/N: Thank you dear readers! I hope you continue reading until about three or four more chapters. I hope you won't mind our couple serving y'all extra cheese in this and maybe in the next chapters!🧀 I appreciate your comments and feedbacks! 😍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 268 93
Complete:) At some point I will be fixing the hole book but not right now 🧍🏻‍♀️ (this book makes no sense, well to me it doesn't I don't know about...
124K 8.2K 62
He was his bestfriend. He was secretly in love with him. He thought he was fine until he fell in love. Their past can be the end of their friendship...
188K 4.9K 27
"Is it only for us to find love but then lose it again?" Once upon a time - this is how a typical story begins; where a knight in shining armor meets...
39.9K 3.3K 14
A fire accident brings two frenemies together. The real problem? One becomes blind, and the other scarred face.💜❣ Main ship. Jinkook💘 Started: 11t...