Magic is Magic! ||Nozel x Rea...

By ScribblySquid

Not good at descriptions !!! "Magic is magic! It doesn't matter where it comes from or what type it is. As lo... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII

VIII

443 22 10
By ScribblySquid

ー ⚓️ ー

ー ⚓️ ー

After what seemed to be an eternity, Simon and I arrived back to the small town I was staying. Getting off the wagon, he called out to me once more.

"Now what Simon? My time is precious. I could be sleeping by now."

Smiling he let out a small chuckle, "I was wondering since you're technically new to the Clover Kingdom; I was wondering if you would like a tour of what we have to offer."

I was lost for words, usually I could easily come up with a comeback quickly enough yet for some reason I couldn't. I slowly nodded, still surprised with my own reaction, I failed to notice the bright smile Simon had.

"Would three days from now work? I don't have any shipment that day."

I smiled half-heartedly, "sure that sounds like a plan!"

After bidding our goodbyes, I decided to head down to the beach hoping to clear my thoughts and come up with ideas to head back home.

Home...I wonder how brother is.

I smiled to myself knowing he would be running around like crazy trying to figure out where I was stranded at.

I remember the Emperor said something about a magical barrier surrounding Clover Kingdom and the neighboring ones.

I was lost in thought as a sudden wave crashed down close to me, almost getting caught by the wave itself. Looking out to the horizon, i smiled sadly, sure I did joke around with everyone here but it didn't feel the same without those who you call your family.

Squatting down a bit further from the shore I began to make several doodles in the sand hoping to pass time this way.

The sound of footsteps slowly made their way until a Shadow looked over me. I tried to ignore whoever they were hoping they would just leave. Yet the only thing the person did was kick sand over my sand drawing. I felt an irk form on my forehead.

I stood up, ready to punch this asshole in the face. "Alright dipshit, what the hell if your problem?"

My eyes slightly widen as to see the man of the hour standing in front of me; clearly pushed off.

"Nozel.."

His cold glare was kind of refreshing after being surrounded by friend faces.

"I can see the peasants have been teaching you colorful vocabulary."

I looked up at him confused for a moment before slightly smirking. "Non non Monsieur! I already had this colorful vocabulary since before I even arrived here!"

Nozel let out a gruff hmph before turning around and walking off. He only took several steps before turning bsck to me.

"The Emperor wishes to speak to you. I would like you not to waste my time and get a move on. I have places to be."

Nozel didn't let me answer before he began to walk off once again, leaving me to jog up to reach him.

"Ya'know, pitting a smile on your face can really make a difference."

I looked over at him with a bright smile. "Like this."

Dropping my smiling know he would not give me a snarky comment as usual. I poured softly, "Maybe this is for the best. The world shall meet its doom the day you smile."

I dramatically shielded my eyes as I put on a theatrical pose on how civilians of Clover kingdom would meet their doom. I glanced at Nozel through my fingers, hoping to get at least one reaction from him. I was only met with him usual stoic expression gazing ahead.

Damn, he really is giving the cold shoulder today..

I decided to keep quiet for the rest of the trip back down to the capital. Maybe Nozel had a family problem or something of the sort, although he's always like this. Except...

"He's being extra about it..."

I didn't feel Nozel's gaze on me as I pondered a bit about his own situation. Clearly not knowing I'm mumbling to myself in the process. Nozel kept his gaze on me, oblivious to the fact that he had a tiny smile on his face as he did so.

ー ⚓️ ー

The tension in the air was suffocating but after a while we finally arrived in front of the castle. Gawking are the building, Nozel bumped into my shoulder.

"Hurry along, we mustn't keep the Wizard King waiting."

I nodded and followed him, my eyes widening at every aspect of the castle. Sure I'll never admit it but it's quite impressive. Once again my thoughts moved onto Sindria, to my brother, the rest of the generals. My hand went up towards the necklace Sinbad gave me on my twentieth birthday. I could still remember how excited he was to show you around the palace on the decorations he overdid. You clutch onto necklace as you walked through the doors Nozel held open.

'I promise I will find a way back to you..'

"Sinbad..." I whispered softly the doors behind me shut loudly. Alerting the people who were in the room.

From the looks of it, it looked similar to a celebration. Various types of foods settled on every table, a table close the back by the windows several drinks were placed in line. Although, the awkwardness and staring did not help with the tension in the air. Nozel glared at me momentarily before speaking once more, "Don't embarrass the Wizard King."

With that he walked off to join others, I noticed one of those individuals was Solid, the rude one and to the right of him was a woman. She held similar appearances as Solid in Nozel, one can presume she's related to them. I shook off the stares from me and walked towards where the drinks were.

'I could use a drink right now..'

Grabbing a glass, I poured myself some water into it, trying to ignore the several stares radiating off my back. As soon as my lips met the rim of the glass there were various whispers among the groups of nobles. There attention must've moved along to a different group, my eyes landed on them three boys and two girls. Fresh meat. 

"Why would the Magic King invite vulgar peasants?"

"The way that one eats is disgusting."

My eyes darted to a quite chubby man judging a mere boy eating to his heart's content.

'Say so yourself fat man.'

I rolled my eyes as I chugged the water. I would be lying to myself if I didn't feel out of place here around nobles and Magic Knights. Even those kids have a meaning here, even if they are being looked down by their seniors. But for someone who isn't even part of their world, its very awkward. Maneuvering around several individuals who had their attention to the group, I made my way towards the windowsill. Looking around at the sunny weather that was cast upon the Clover Kingdom with a small breeze, it felt wonderful. My e/c orbs locked onto target to the dungeon that was not far from the outskirts of the Noble Realm.

"Them capturing the dungeon must've been sheer luck."

My eyes turned around to the owner of the voice. It was the woman who was huddled with Nozel and Solid, I followed her gaze which was on the group. Before I could walk over towards them, someone tapped on my shoulder, turning around there stood Fuegoleon. I felt my cheeks heat up a bit at the sight of him.

'Dear Neptune, why is he so hot?'

"Hello Fuegoleon, how can I help you?" I questioned the male captain who merely chuckled softly.

"I just came by and decided to check up on you. How are you accustoming to Clover Kingdom?" His low voice sent tingles down my spine.

I smiled up at him brightly, "Ya'know it's been quite difficult but I have been able to go with the flow of it. I just, feel out of place.."

Fugeoleon's smiled down at me as he listened to my adventures on my first days living here in Clover Kingdom. "Y/N."

I glanced up to meet his purple orbs staring right into my e/c ones. "My offer still stands on allowing you stay at the Crimson Lion's base."

I was taken aback at his sudden offer, yet I could not take it.

"I apologize but I must decline your offer. I do not want to provide any burden among your subordinates and question their captain." I bowed at Fuegoleon, hoping I didn't anger him in any way. "There is no need for you to bow Y/N, I do respect your decision although there may be a moment you may need aid."

I nodded understanding what he was saying. Maybe not all nobles are that bad, although many run on pure arrogance. The sound of water splashing, both of our attentions were now on the the three musketeers who surround one of the girls. The room was quiet, the only thing heard were the insults that were aimed to the young girl.

'That girl..her appearance is very similar to the three musketeers, its creepy. Unless..'

"You're basically exiled from the Silva family. I'm surprised you had the nerve to return to the noble realm."

My eyes stayed on the young girl, who was now drenched in water. My heart hurt for her, being publicly embarrassed is one thing but this.. I was taken away from my thoughts as I heard the familiar sound of a jerk speaking.

"You got a big head from one achievement. Did you come here intending to bring shame upon the Silva name? You do not belong here. Begone, failure that killed our mother."

'So she is their sibling....'

I clenched my jaw upon hearing that they blamed their own sister for the death of their mother. That's low even for him! Before I could even comprehend what I was doing my body lunges forward as I stood between them.

"I do suppose you were taught manners. It's pathetic to actually think you are the nobles, also looking down on others for their differences."

My eyes glared at all three of them until it stopped on Nozel, who Lookie dad if he was about to burst a vein.

"You! You're THST one peasant causing ruckus down by the ports. I thought I showed you what I am capable of!"

Before Solid could open his grimore, I reached for Baal and hit his grimore away from him.

'Great Y/N add more fuel to the fire.'

Before Solid could even land an attack on me the sensation of the ground breaking caught my attention. It was to late before I found myself trapped in someone else's magic.

An older man appeared from the crowd as he walked closer to my figure. Clearly taking credit it was his magic to begin with.

"To act in such a way at a festive occasion like the decoration ceremony, you will be punished"

I scoffed at his horrible speech. "You think this was a festive occasion? All I felt here was the tension between each other's groups! Almost as if it were a game to each other. Also, if you wanted to talk about my own actions why don't you try Karen other there? He was the one who disrupted what little peace there was. Pouring water over someone's head, that's pathetic."

Solid stomped his way to stand next to the man who kept me in his magic.

"Anyone who's not only an outsider but one that shows no respect shoudbe taught a lesson. so that they can never talk back again."

I grit my teeth as I glared daggers at Solid, this guy really gets on my damn nerves. He remind me of Drakon, letting his anger get the best of him. Solid opened his grimore as he summoned a spell and began charging it up. I stared at Baal who was just below me, struggling I tried squeezing through the arms of the sanded giant with no avail.

'There could be a way...'

"Oi, dumbass! What are you going to tell your Wizard King if you injure me? Aren't I supposed to be a guest here in Clover Kingdom?"

Solid laughed, "Uou? A guest? I doubt it. I do think he is only keeping you here to make sure you don't go disrupting our peaceful days here!"

'Yes keep at it.'

Now that my plan was working, I tried to get my shoes off, the only way to reach Baal was with my feet. I have never thought i would end up fighting with my feet. Once I cheered mentally and getting one of my shoes off, while distracting Karen, I felt around with my foot while keep my gaze on Solid.

"I do believe I have had enough of this! you lowly peasant i wont hold back anymore. I should of gotten rid of you from the beginning! "

"Come on asshle, you seem like you're full of words not actions. "

As Solid released his magic towards me another type of magic blocked it from hitting me. Glancing towards where the attack came from, I was met with the coldest glare I have ever seen on Nozel.

"Solid don;t be so quick to use your magic on a mere peasant like her. "

My body automatically tensed at the sudden change of aura in the room. It felt cold and intimidating, my gaze stayed on Nozel as he kept walking towards us. The magic that kept me in place subsided, I glanced back at the man who attacked me his gaze was fixated on Nozel.

'Is this is who the real Captain of the SilverEagles is?'

"But Nozel!"

"silence do you plan to shame the Silva family?

Its so suffocating, I can't breathe...

"An outsider who not only foolishly tried to defy royalty but embarrassed the Magic King? Even after I warned you, How shall I punish you?"

His intense gaze fixated on me prevented me from any sort of comeback. I have never seen Nozel this angry before, I opened my mouth only for no words to come out.

" I do believe that is enough Nozel. Getting worked up over her, you silvas should be ashamed.

My eyes glanced over and were met with the familiar eyes of Fuegoleon.

'Oh Fuegy!'

I fangirled in my head as Fuegoleon grasped my wrist and placed me behind him.

"It was Lord julius whom allowed her to be here. Even if she is an outsider, Lord Julius trusts her to be with us. wASNT she also your responsibility?

"Your words are tiring. to think another noble would talk like hhat from their own mouth. Who knew you vermillions have gone soft?" 

Before anything else could happen the sound of the doors opening a abruptly startled everyone on the room.

"It's an emergency! We're under attack!"

ー ⚓️ ー

Word Count: 2500
Chapter is not edited

I am trying to get onto a schedule on updating my statues but I can't seem to find one that's constant lol! But I hope you enjoyed! I am dosed on anesthetics donde I got my wisdom teeth out so I apologize if it seems a bit rushed 🥺

Thank you for reading :,) it means a lot

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

862K 28.9K 56
SATUS: COMPLETED (✔) (Y/n), Yuno and Asta aim to become the Magic Emperor, but in this world magic means everything. (Y/n) learns the true meaning th...
4.4K 172 30
War is coming, Queen Grinberryalls relations with The Wizard King and the other kingdoms is starting to fall apart at around the time when a delinque...
276K 4.8K 51
What if Asta met Nacht after he got his grimoire? And what if Asta had 2 grimoires? What kind of drastic change will happen if this happens. Black Cl...
510K 20.7K 38
Both orphaned at a young age, Yuno and Y/n grew up together in the same church along with Asta. However, the two always had a closer bond that one re...