Epiphany

KelisAjanee tarafından

Trials and hardships are nothing new to Tiana, she's taken them on her entire life. Living in survival mode h... Daha Fazla

SUMMARY
CREDITS
EP:1
EP:2
EP:3
EP:4
EP:5
EP:6
EP:7
EP:8
EP:9
EP:10
EP:11
EP:12
EP:13
EP:14
Author's Note
EP:15
EP:16
EP:17
EP:18
EP:19
EP:20
Author's Note 2
EP:21
EP:22
EP:23
Story Schedule
EP:24
EP:25
EP:26
EP:27
EP:28
EP:29
Author's Note 3
EP:30
EP:31
EP:32
EP:33
EP:34
EP:35
EP:36
EP:38
EP:39
Author's Note 4
EP:40
EP:41
EP:42
EP:43
EP:44
EP:45
EP:46
EP:47
EP:48
EP:49
EP:50
CLOSING
Author's Note 5
New Book Announcement!
Novel Improvements
Exciting News

EP:37

1.1K 97 44
KelisAjanee tarafından

Chapter 37

Ally's Perspective

"Be loud about the things that are important to you."-Karen Walrond

•••••

       FATHERS, they were our backbones, head of the household, our superhero's at least that's what they were supposed to be. I guess the deadbeat gene hit my father hard and heavy. Growing up without a father as a young lady was challenging. No one to reassure my confidence, school me on the intentions of young boys, or teach me how a man should value and treat a woman. I'm not blaming my relationship problems with men all on my father since life is about free will, but he did play a part in my trust issues, failed relationships, and horrible taste in men.

My mother never felt the need to rely on a man even if she had to raise two kids on her own. Her motto was always to stack your bread up. Although for most of my childhood she was a stripper she still made sure to put hot food on me and Andre's plate every night without the help of a man to do it for her. 

     For those reasons alone at a young age, I gave up on commitment and the belief of love a long time ago. My only desire out of a man currently was fun, a good time, and nothing more. I laid across my bed trying to ignore the blissful soreness between my legs from the sexual activities that had taken place moments ago. Kenny stood across the room from me buttoning back up his shirt that was thrown on the floor. We shared eye contact briefly smiling at one another.

"Can't get up can you?" He asked with a cocky smirk on his face.

"Shut up," I threw a pillow to the side of me towards him.

He blocked it, "watch out."

After placing back on his shirt he sat on the edge of the bed with his grey briefs on.

"Whew! Girl, you keep a nigga tired." He grabbed his jeans off of my bedroom floor reaching inside a front pocket pulling out a pack of cigarettes.

"Mind if I smoke?"

"Nah you good." He lit up taking a few puffs.

"You know I could always go for another round."

I chuckled, "I bet you could but that would lead to us both being extremely tired and you can't spend the night here."

I got up grabbing my robe to cover my naked exposed body.

"What's wrong with me stayin' the night?" He leaned back on the bed resting against the headboard.

"Kenny you know the routine."

He shook his head letting some smoke fall from his mouth.

"Ally this yo spot and we grown as hell, Andre my nigga and all but you can't keep lettin' him control yo life."

I sighed going into my closet, "you don't understand...it's more complicated than that."

"Tsk that's what you always say." He turned away from me.

"What's up with the mood swings today Kenny we always do this ain't nothin' changed."

I was becoming frustrated with his attitude, he knew what it was from the beginning.

"Maybe I'm tired of bein yo backdoor nigga." He took the cigarette from his mouth as his voice became deeper.

"Backdoor?"

"Ally I can't even take you out on a real date?"

I came and sat next to him on the edge of the bed.

"Where is this coming from? We made it very clear from the jump that this is just strictly sex."

"No, you made that clear Ally I just agreed."

"Oh don't start that shit right there. You know damn well how my brother is, and you not even the dating type Kenny. Don't try to run game on me like you actually interested in somethin' besides my pussy."

"You don't even know me, everything ain't always what it seems."

       This was something I just couldn't fathom. Out of all the years I had known Kenneth he was never the serious relationship type. Too many thoughts were running through my mind and I had no time to be confused over a man.

"I think you should go." I stood up opening the bedroom door for him.

He looked up at me pulling the cigarette from his mouth, "you know what, you right."

He got up putting back on his jeans and shoes before walking out the bedroom door up the hall.

"Maybe we should do this at my place next time, so you can stay the night." He said in a soft voice walking past me.

"Nah I think we're good where we're at on my terms." I stood with my arms crossed leaning up against the door trying my hardest not to meet eyes with him.

      He shook his head leaving out. I waited for the front door to close before going up the hall to lock it. After washing my sheets and having a nice bubble bath I got ready for the day to officially start. It was already two in the afternoon and I had plans to go with Andre and Cierra to see some new scary movie later on tonight. I would have invited my girl Tiana, but she was with Owen. He was stealing my friend, but I'd let him get away with it since he was a cool ass dude. No doubt Tiana would be back later on tonight anyway.

      After getting dressed and straightening up the house a little bit I was beginning to grow a little hungry. My phone lit up on my nightstand as I grabbed it checking the caller ID, it was Cierra. I answered holding the phone up to my ear.

"Hey girl what's up?" I asked through the line.

"Girl nothin' we still on for tonight right?"

"As I know of."

"Cool cool"

The tone of her voice was off.

"Cici what is it?"

"What you mean?" Her voice became very high-pitched.

"What do you want?"

"Ugh, do you mind going dress shopping with Faith and me in about an hour?"

I really wanted to help Faith pick out a wedding dress, but recently she had been a real pain in the ass. She was the sweetest person ever but with her wedding coming up and all she had been a total bitch.

"Um"

"Please Ally you know how she is right now. If I'm there alone I might hurt her damn feelings."

I sighed, "Yeah I'll go what store are yall going to?"

"Yay! I owe you big time sis! The store is called BleuBelle Bridal meet us there in about an hour." She hung up the phone sounding relieved.

     Sometimes I hated how much of a people pleaser I was, but I would do anything for my girls. I could give Faith the benefit of the doubt her wedding was less than four months away which seemed like a long time but would be here in the blink of an eye, so stress was definitely something hard to ignore.

      I walked into the kitchen grabbing a protein bar off the top of the fridge desiring something quick to chew on. There was a loud knock on the front door startling me. I rushed over to open it.

"Who is it?"

"Who you think it is?"

I shook my head opening the front door to reveal Andre.

"What are you doing here we're not going to the movies till eight."

"I know that I just left my good shoes over here from the other day." He walked right in shutting the front door behind him as I went back into the kitchen.

"Oh, I forgot about those."

"Yeah, I kind of need them those were some expensive ass shoes."

"They should be in my bedroom closet. I put them there for you." I searched through the fridge looking for a bottle of water as he headed down the hall.

"Aight thanks."

"Make it quick I gotta get ready to go somewhere in a minute and you're holding me up." Checking to make sure everything was in my purse I threw it on my shoulder.

Andre came back up the hall with his shoes.

"It only took me like two minutes girl what you talking about, but thanks."

"Mhm," I grabbed my keys off of the living room table.

"Aye, but I got a question?"

"What's that?"

"Who's watch on yo nightstand?"

My eyes shot up as I tried thinking fast on my feet. Kenny knew better than to leave his shit over here.

"Oh this dude that I'm talkin' to he must have left it over here," I said nervously shrugging my shoulders.

"Oh well be careful with these niggas Ally you know how they are."

Here we go again.

"I'm just looking out for you trust me I know how these niggas think." He continued.

"You mean like you?" Those words shot out before I could filter them. He said nothing staring at me with a blank face.

"Look, don't worry Andre I'm being careful. Is that all you needed cus I gotta go?"

"Yeah, I'll catch up with you later on."

"Alright"

       We walked out the front door going our separate ways after I locked up the house. The drive to the dress store wasn't that long, however, my dumb ass GPS kept holding me up. When I arrived Faith and Cierra's cars were parked next to each other in the parking lot. I got out the car clutching onto my purse walking up to the glass door. A bell ringed throughout the store causing Faith to turn around and meet eyes with me holding a dress in her hands. Cierra looked as if I had saved her and Faith ran towards me with an awkward smile on her face.

"Ally I didn't know you were coming girl."

"Ah, yep I couldn't miss out on my girl choosing her wedding dress." My voice came out a little shakier than I expected it to.

"Awe that's so sweet." She threw me into a hug as the sounds of her crying entered my ears.

"Are you okay Faith?"

She stepped back fanning her eyes.

"Yes, girl I'm amazing. I'll be right back I need a tissue." She walked off in a hurry to the restrooms as Cierra walked over to me.

"Okay is it that time of the month for her or what?"

"She's been like this all fucking week. Emotions all over the place, childish tantrums, slight panic attacks ugh there's only so much I can take. It's like I've been putting up with a child all week and if she tells me that my taste in wedding dresses is horrible one more time I'm gonna slap her ass silly."

Cierra was venting like she had been holding it in for a million years. I listened trying not to laugh in her face.

"Well, you're the one who decided to be the main bridesmaid."

"I had no idea I was signing up for this shit. I love her to death but one more day with her and I might body slam her ass."

"Woah calm down sis that's a lot of pent up anger." I chuckled.

"At least you showed up early thanks girl."

"No problem."

"Where's Tiana you guys are always together?"

"Not recently you know she's been with her man." I wiggled my eyebrows smiling.

    I was so happy for Tiana and Owen. Owen was like a brother to me except not the man whore that Andre is. He had been single for so long after Robyn and I'd never seen him happier since getting together with Tiana.

"Who? Tiana got a new boo?" Cierra asked smiling.

"Nah girl she's with Owen duh." I chuckled.

The smile on Cierra's face disappeared as she looked down at the floor.

"Oh really, I didn't know they were a thing."

"Yeah girl."

I walked over to Faith as she came back from the restroom.

"Damn and here I thought he was just flirting with her." I heard Cierra mumble from behind me.

"Okay, so I have it all figured out, to cut time and eliminate Cierra's horrible taste in wedding dresses, we will split into three teams and search for various dresses that we like and choose the best five to try on." Faith announced holding her hands together.

I saw Cierra fold up her fists out the corner of my eyes making me slightly giggle.

"Sounds good to me," I said.

"Great let's get started. Report back here in thirty minutes ladies." She blew a whistle in the air walking off.

"C'mon Cici let's go look for dresses before you knock her ass into a few of these racks." I wrapped my arm around her shoulder as we began searching for dresses.

May the Lord be with us.

37

KelisAjanee

All Rights Reserved

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

15.8K 697 52
In the United States, a new disease has surfaced and has a fatality rate of 100%. There is no medicine which can cure this disease. The disease destr...
237 1 23
|She was a beautiful, rich, intelligent, responsible, and kind girl; Definitely a rare combination, that's hard to find. On the outside, to the world...
564K 24.7K 32
the story of slim & cash.
686K 20.5K 39
Tiana Collin's life is horrible and she knows this. With an abusive father and a druggie for a mother and with absolutely no friends at school, she d...