Darkest Hours (MGL series Boo...

By MedievalTomboy

What a Witch decides, she achieves. A place of bloody sacrifices, with magic good and bad. A place of dark my... More

Things to Know
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue

Chapter 46

392 47 0
By MedievalTomboy

After having lost hundreds of his warriors, Alder had made certain to entertain the remaining few of them in the dark moon ritual so as to keep them from getting slaughtered.

Not that he was very much worried of their wellbeing, nay, they were alive or dead, it doesn't much matter to him as long as they fulfill what he wanted.

That night was much special to him. It was the night when he would get everything he was aiming for from past few decades.

Although Alder was able to lock Lucius and Madonna in their chamber, he knew it would not be able to hold them for longer time considering the synergy power that comes with joining both of their energies.

If it was not for his suspicion on Madonna that suddenly struck his mind, he would not be able to see that the young witch was one of the many that was against him. The silly young witch thought she fooled him in the dungeons when she could not respond to when he narrated the atrocities he did in the past.

Although Alder knew it would be a lethal move to reveal all of his atrocities, it was worthwhile to do so as to see to whom was the young Witch related to. But what surprised him the most was Lucius was one of the people who was looking out for his demise.

Alder could not narrow down to who Madonna was related to, but he did know that she definitely harbored hatred for him. He shall work out with both of them once the ritual was done with.

As he donned a dark purple cloak with intricate design of bat covering the full moon, he hurried over to the backyard where his men had prepared for the ritual. As he walked towards the backyard, he stopped at Orla's chamber to see if she was prepared enough for the night.

Alder had many thoughts galloping in his mind. One of which that was overpowering was, Orla's true intention towards him. Somehow, due to some reason, Lucius was against him which gave Alder a purpose to doubt on Orla as well.

But what was holding him back was Orla's activities. She hadn't done anything over past years or pver past few days in Emor manor for him to get suspicious of her. She had truly helped him in several affairs and from all the spies he had planted on Orla's tail had given him reports of Orla's ignorance on anything Lucius or Madonna had done.

"Milord," He heard the soft voice coming from his behind. Alder turned to see Orla decked up in the traditional dressing for a Witch along with a crooked wand that she always uses while performing rites.

"The moon is about to reach to its full potential in few moments, we are to summon the deities and spirited devil to the practice." Orla reminded him to which he nodded in agreement.

With no ado, they reached the backyard of the Emor manor and found tens of warriors, a pair of his acquaintances who were still alive along with the Queen of crows with her men.

Orla appeared calm and composed that it made Alder discomfited. He knew much of the confidence that Orla held when it came to her magic. She was not just powerful and lethal but she also has just the right amount of poise that needs to be a great witch.

However, that was not what got Alder ill at ease, it was the matter that Orla had not asked him any questions regarding the ritual and going through with it in a calm manner.

Did that mean she trusted him that much? He is not certain about it.

Did she know of his intentions and wanted the same for herself which made her oblige with him? A great possibility.

"Dearest, we shall start with awakening the deities of water, air, fire and land for their blessings followed by casting the spells of mazes around the backyard." Orla nodded as she proceeded what she was told.

She offered a drop of her blood on the stone and whispered string of spells and chants inviting the four elements to bless the ritual. Once the smooth stone absorbed the blood and fire crackled in its place, the fire danced in the colors of blue, green, grey and yellow.

Orla then supplied some of her magic source into the fire to make a strong maze around the ritual place.

"I see our son and Madonna aren't here yet? We shall need our son to complete the rite in the final phase." Orla stated.

Alder assured her they shall be there soon and to continue with the customs. He just need to wait for the custom to complete and he shall provide the blood of a Phoenix to the fire as a final phase to getting what he desired for.

Orla, on the other hand, smiled to herself secretively as she saw Alder standing behind her, waiting for her do her part of the custom. She closed her eyes in an attempt to remind herself of what she should be doing in the whole ritual.

With many of Alder's warriors and his loyal people around, she should be very cautious of what she has to do. Like a good wife she is, she shall be doing what she was asked for and wait to see for what Alder had in his mind.

If Alder thought he got Lucius and Madonna locked up and get the ultimate power by the end of the night, then he was certainly dreaming sweet.

Orla was no novice or fool nor was any other on her side of the battle.

Just as Orla stood up from her place, Alder took her place to do what he ought to. He snapped his fingers and a maidservant brought out several small bottles. Orla raised her brow as she saw the life source of the warriors those still living.

The life source or the source of their abilities was not different from each other. The ability of magic or abilities that a person acquires by birth are well mixed with each other.

Usually, their life strength depends on the strength their abilities provide and that was the reason why there are strong witches, wizards or mythical tribes than those of weaker. The life source and their source of their potentials are although different yet same and mixed well.

Even with the weak essence of Alder's warriors abilities, if Alder could take in those abilities, he can quiet easily strengthen them with practice and with his own life source, his powers will certain intensify.

But with Alder being not what he should be, he shall not be able to survive the wholesome of power. That leads to only one answer that indeed Alder was using some other person as his powerhouse.

Orla wordlessly looked on as she saw Alder absorbing the little of life sources into a huge ball. Alder turned back to gesture Orla to sit beside him, From her peripheral vision, she saw the crow Queen stepping forward in small steps with a tray in her hands.

Not a single person who was present in the ritual spoke or hindered them in any manner. Every one of them stood in their destined positions and observed with keen interest.

Orla and Alder held each other's hands and chanted spells over and over again so as to add a large share of their essence into the ball of life sources.

As the glowing sphere of magic and power glowed even more, Orla couldn't help but notice the smile of pure greed and glee brightening Alder's face.

"I am afraid to say I don't understand what you might be doing, Milord. Your body and your life source has weaken immensely so it might be a terrible move to have all the power inside you. You will not be able to contain them." Orla inquired as she saw the crows Queen approached them with another of a bottle but it was with blood.

Fina's blood! Blood of a Phoenix!

"Having the ultimate power has several ways, dear. If one cannot contain it's dout inside oneself, then we shall have someone who can contain it for us," Alder answered with a smiling face, all too excited and joyous.

He opened the bottle of blood and added the liquid into the bright sphere of ball which changed the whole energy sphere into that of bright red. Immediately, Alder cut his palm and let the black liquid pour into the sphere turning it black.

"Now we shall be cordially summoning the devil of hell to bless our newly born daughter, my dear." Alder laughed out in hollers as excitement coursed through his weak body.

Orla gasped inwardly as she did not expect the possibility of a baby of their own as a power station for Alder. Such power consumed by someone else's was still good but...

But a baby?

Goodness! A baby with such power shall be unstoppable! Not even she can control her.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next chapter is here. Enjoy!

What do you think?

Lucius and Madonna are locked up and Orla is cool about it? Why?

The ritual is successful? What?

Wait, Alder was planning for a power weapon of his own in the form of a baby?

Did you expect it?

According to Orla, A baby born with the purpose of having ultimate power is unstoppable. 

Do you think Orla and the troop are in danger?

Please shower me with votes and comments.

Share my books with your friends.

Lots of Love

Lady Prim

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 510 39
Highest rank #73 in fantasy #18 in voodoo #79 in Philosophy There are times when everything around fades and the voice of the past starts dominatin...
36 11 5
A tale of darkness unfolds, whispered through the ages in hushed tones and guarded secrets. Within its crumbling halls lie the echoes of a cursed lin...
27.9K 3.8K 43
Once upon a time there was a beautiful woman lived in a beautiful village. she was known for her beauty , innocence and devotion . They called her...
242 6 34
In a medieval fantasy, the fates of souls get intertwined when a dark mystery in the days of September falls from the sky like a star. All people tou...