Tiger Lillies (TodoDeku) (Dep...

By ChaoticRomanticPan

*TW: Depression, Suicide Attempt, Self-Harm* Midoriya thought he had no reason to live after he found out Bak... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Authors Note
Part 8
Author's Note Again
Part 10
Part 11

Part 9

453 17 8
By ChaoticRomanticPan

"Midoriya, hurry up, we'll be late!" I shot up into a sitting position and saw Tsu running around the house. I checked my phone. It was about 9:30ish in the morning. Her work didnt start until 10:30 so we could leave at 10 and be just fine, early even. I guess it's better to be early than late though, so I might as well get ready. I got off the couch and first folded the blanket. I grabbed my phone and then my bag, heading to one of the two bathrooms. I unwrapped my arm. I wiped it over with a warm washcloth just incase. It stung a little, but there was no blood so that's good. I dry my arm off and put on a new ace bandage. I put the used one and gauze wrap in my bag's pocket. I washed my face with a little water and brushed my teeth. I finished getting ready before slipping on a white tank top and purple jacket. I also wore black jeans and converse. I fluffed my hair a bit as I grabbed my bag and left to the living room. I decided to pack up what few things I took out of my bag. I would hopefully be returning home today if things went well. If they didn't, well at least I knew I could stay here for a while. I knew Tsu's and Todoroki's work ended an hour after mine did so I would probably ask Misaki for a ride there so I would be there when Todoroki came home. Today was the day we would talk. No backing out now. I'm really hoping things go well, I miss him and Ares. "Do you want to stop at a drive thru place and get breakfast?" Tsu asked. "That sounds good." "Alright. You ready?" I followed her to the door and nodded. We got in the car and I placed my bag at my feet. "Are you going to talk to Todoroki today?" We pulled out of the driveway. "Yeah. I'm planning to head home after my shift ends and wait for him there. Don't tell him though." "I wont, kero." We listened to the radio and soon pulled into a drive thru cafe. Asui ordered a hazelnut coffee and a croissant ham and egg sandwich. I decided to just go with a dragon drink, which was some drink with coconut milk, ice, mangoes, and dragonfruit. I also ordered a large fruit cup. I didn't actually care if I ate or not really, but I told Todoroki I would so I will. We pulled into a parking spot and ate our food for a few minutes before driving off again. The Dragon Drink was surprisingly better than I originally thought. I might convince Misaki to stop here on the way to bring me home. I think she would like it. After Tsu dropped me off I said my goodbye and waited outside my building. There was still a while before the shop opened so I sat outside the building. I was on the concrete, my back to the shop's wall. I decided to go on my phone. I took occasional sips from my drink. It was decent weather today surprisingly. Hopefully it would stay like this. I'm pretty sure it would be like this all week but that could change. I grabbed my earbuds out from my bag and put them in. I just watched an episode of 'Stars Align'. I've watched the show before and I'm HIGHKEY PISSED that the show didnt get the recognition it deserved. It never got a second season, but it was still an AMAZING show. "Oh, Midoriya. Still haven't talked to Shoat Boat?" It was my boss. I laughed a little, "no, I haven't talked to Shoto yet. But I plan to today right after work." "Thanks good," he says, unlocking the door, "he seems like a good kid." I stand up with my bag and follow him in. Once in I walked into the back room and placed my bag onto a table. I also then put on my work apron. I met the boss back out at the front desk. He was signing a few papers and approving a few seed shipments to here. We would be getting seeds for Indian Lotuses, Roses as usual, some lilies, Camellias, Frangipani, and multiple colors of Hibiscus. The shipments would come within the next week or two. We havent grown any Indian Lotuses before so I'm glad we are getting some. I'm probably going to get assigned to do some research on the flowers being shipped and stuff so I know where to plant them and what care they need. At least it'll give me something to do today besides watering flowers and making arrangements. I heard the bell above the door chime. "Hey Misaki!" "Sup Midoriya. How's your day been?" She walked into the back room, giving the boss a small wave. I followed her. "It's been alright. How's yours?" She smiled, "it's been same old same old. You're here earlier than me again today. Is everything okay?" I sighed. "Well, Todoroki and I still haven't made up yet. Actually, I was planning to make up with him today. Would you mind giving me a ride home today? It's alright if you can't!" "Sure, I dont see why not." I hugged her, "thank you! I really appreciate it!" "No problem! Oh, what ya got there?" I looked down at my drink she was looking at. "It's a dragon drink. Do you want to try some?" She nodded and I held my cup to her face. She took a long sip from the straw. "Oh my good that tastes so good!" "I know right!" "Slackers. Both of ya," a voice called from the door. I turned and saw Andrea leaning against the door frame. "Well at least we were here before you," Misaki said. We all laughed a little. "Slackers, slackers, slackers." "Oh hush old man!" Andrea messed his hair a bit and he laughed. It was great to be back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"See you tomorrow!" I left with Miskai to her car. Andrea and boss man were still there as a costumer came in last minute. I had already put my apron back in the room and grabbed my bag. I followed Misaki to her car parked down the street. As we got in I placed my bag at my feet. "Do you know where we're going?" She nodded. I told her a million times today where it was so she should know but in case she doesn't, I'm right here. "Oh! On the way can we stop by that one cafe you got that Dragon Drink? I've been thinking about it all day!" "Sure! It's in the way anyway." We drove to the cafe drive thru. We ended up ordering three Dragon Drinks. One for her, one for me, and I decided to also get one for Todoroki for when he comes home. I'd keep it in the fridge until then. Misaki took a looong swig from hers. "Mmmmmmm," she said, pulling the straw away from her lips and reopening her eyes. I giggled, "that good?" "Mhm." She continued the drive back to the house. When she pulled into the driveway I sat there for a moment, staring at the house infront of us. "Hey, you'll do great," Misaki said, placing a hand on my shoulder. I turned to face her and she was smiling. I shortly returned it and took a deep breath in and out. "Thank you, Misaki." She took her hand off and placed it on the steering wheel. "No problem. Now get your gay ass in there and make up with your 'roommate'." She put quotation marks around roommate. I rolled my eyes and smiled, opening my door. "Tell me how it goes!" "Will do. See you tomorrow!" "See ya," she waved. I closed the car door behind me and she pulled away. I grabbed my key from my bag and unlocked the door. There was still about a half hour or so before he'd be home. I walked over to the fridge, placing Todoroki's drink inside. I then went to my room. My door was open. I hadn't left it that way, not that I knew of. I walked in and things were a bit messy. My bed had definitely been slept in. My desk chair was on its side. The poem I'd written before, it was now ontop of the desk, no longer folded in half. There was also a vase of flowers on my bedside table. It was the tiger lillies. The hibiscus flowers were in the kitchen. I guess Todoroki had been staying in my room since i've been gone. Well, at least I hoped it was him and not someone else. I miss his face. I unzipped my jacket and took it off, laying it on my bed. I put my bag on my desk. I slipped off my shoes and then made my way back out into the living room. I placed my phone on the coffee table before glancing over at Todoroki's room. The door was closed. I wandered over and twisted the handle, opening the door. His room was a wreck. Ripped pages from notebooks were covering the floor. There was a broken glass bottle infront of the bed. His desk chair was also knocked over. I took a closer look at some pages. A few of them looked like they were set on fire and then put out. It was awful. The worst sight was the small thing on the desk. It was the box. Yes, the box. The one with the razor. He definitely did something. It was my fault, but there was nothing I could do now. We would talk about it later, when he came back. Until then, i'd have to wait it out. I decided to use this time and clean up a bit. I grabbed a trashcan and picked up all the bottle first, placing it in the bin. I picked up all the big chunks and threw them away as well. I then moved onto the papers. When they were all finally collected I picked up the chair and pushed it back in. I also made the bed. I then grabbed the vacuum and vacuumed his room.  I checked the time. He should be home any minute. I closed the door behind me as I left. I went to my room and picked up my chair. I then made my bed. What to do next. I went into Shoto's room and went to his closet. I knew what I wanted. I slipped one of his hoodies off of a hanger. After that I slipped it on over my head. It was a big oversized but it was comfy and had Todoroki's scent. God, I missed him so much. But... he should've been home by now. Maybe he was running a bit late, that's all. I made my way back out into the living room and plopped down onto the couch. It was comfy. "Mmrreowww," I hear a sweet meow from under the couch. There he was! My baby boy! "Ares!" He saw me and meowed loudly a few times before jumping up on my lap. He stood up, placing his front paws on my chest. He rubbed his face against mine. He is such a precious bean. I pet him as he calms down. He eventually decided to lay on the pillow next to me. Such a sweet boy. I checked the time on my phone again. It was about 15 minutes after he usually got home. Was everything alright? Was he okay? Nothing bad happened to him, right!? Oh god I hope not. I took a deep breath and shook my thoughts. He was a grown man, he can do what he wants when he wants. That's all. I brought my legs up onto the couch and rested my head against the back. All that cleaning was a bit exhausting. And, sadly, I had finished my drink while I vacuumed. Well. What else was there to do but wait... a minute passes. And wait... another minute passes. My eyelids get heavier from all this boredom. Well, it wouldn't hurt to just... close... them...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes opened at the sound of keys in the door handle. I bolt up into a standing position. I stared where the noise came from, it opening moments later to reveal the two-toned boy I had feelings for. "Izuku," he said in a soft voice. He dropped the few bags and ran over to me. He wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly, tighter than ever. I slid my arms around his waist, holding him closer. A few noises escaped as we slid to the floor, him crying uncontrollably. Of course, I was no better. I was sobbing into his shoulder. So much for having a calm, serious talk. But hey, we couldn't help it. "I am so so so so so so so sorry I am so sorry I'm so sorry I'm sorry," he went on, his voice cracking. I ran my fingers through his hair, "shhh sh sh. It's okay it's okay. I'm really sorry I left. I've missed you so much." "Me too," he whispered, nuzzling his head into my hair. I pulled back a bit, looking up at him, smiling weakly. He returned the weak smile and held my face in one of his hands. I leaned into his hand. We both still had tears uncontrollably rolling down our faces. We laughed a bit, happy to we together again. He peppered my entire face with kisses, not missing a single spot. He saved my lips for last. He smiled at me and pulled my face to his, joining our lips together in a soft, passionate kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck. I leaned onto him, knocking us both over with me on top. When we parted I looked down at him, smiling. My tears began dripping on his face slightly as I wiped away as many from his face as possible. We sat up, me on his lap. "Oh Shoto," I said, brushing some hair out of his face. Our tears were slowing. He hugged me closer. "My dear Izu." I nuzzled my head into the crevice of his neck, nearly suffocating myself. I didn't care. I missed him so much. I craved his touch. It was like an addiction. "Mmrreooow!" Our sweet little kitty nudged us, wanting our attention. We laughed a little, petting him. We shortly after got up from the floor and walked over to where he had dropped the bags. Todoroki closed the still open door. I guess he bought a few things for the house. We grabbed the bags and headed to the kitchen. "Oh! I got you something to try," I said, opening the fridge. He wrapped his arms behind me. "You didn't have to. The only thing I wanted was you." He's so sweet when he wants to be. I grabbed out the drink and turned to him, handing it off. "It's a Dragon Drink. Try it." He smiled and took a sip. He smiled slightly wider. "This is good." I nodded. We then proceeded to put the groceries away, in a comfortable silence. He got the typical things we needed. Eggs, milk, butter, bread, potatoes, a box of band-aids, a box of donuts, a can of biscuits, and finally some soba noodles. After we finished up we sat at the kitchen table. He had about half his drink left and it was sitting infront of him. "Shoto..." he looked up at me. There was a bit of awkward tension as we knew we would have to have some form of a discussion. I took a deep breath, relieving myself of a few nerves. "I think you know we need to talk." He nodded slowly. "I had a talk with All-Might yesterday. We need to have a real, honest talk. We arent the best at communicating why we do what we do and overall why we feel certain ways. So, I think we need to talk about that." He nodded once more with a sigh. "Alright. Do you want to go first?" I nodded, "sure." Where to start... "well, first things first I'm sorry I left. I just didnt know what to do." "It's alright Izuku, I left first. I went out and drove to visit my mother. She also had a long talk with me after I explained everything. I shouldn't have burst out yelling at you like that. I should've taken your feelings into consideration before yelling." I shook my head, "no it was I who should have taken your feelings into consideration. I did what I told you I wouldn't do and in the end it ended up hurting us both. I-I never meant to hurt you." He reached out and grabbed my hand over the table. He placed a light kiss on my hand's backside. "I wish you would've came and talked to me before you did that to yourself. But then again, I didnt come to you before I did it to myself either. We both have a few things we need to work on." "Definitely. I'll explain a few things. I've been really struggling with my mental health these past few days and you know the main reasons. But my subconscious, the things it says, it's the same things it said to me in high school and beforehand. I thought I wouldn't hear those things again and yet I did. It's been really downhill and I made a promise I didnt keep to you. I'm really really sorry. I promise I'll be more open and honest with you. I'll try to talk to you about what troubles me and I'll try to go to you before I do anything to hurt myself. I'll try to stop, I really will, for you." He got up and made his way over to me, hugging me once again. "I get mad sometimes and scared. I dont know how to process some emotions and I express them in ways I was raised to see them expressed. My father had a bit of a temper issue. As much as I hate the thought of it, i tend to get like that sometimes. I can't process it express certain emotions as I said. I've been trying to learn to and I've gotten a bit better at it but I still have a bit of ways to go. I need to learn some control and remain calm." I held a hand to his face and placed a kiss to his nose. "I promise I will also go to you first, about any troubles or worries and I'll try to stop my old habits. I'll try to, for you." He held his head against mine. "So we will try, for each other." "Yeah." I sighed. "I'll try to get better. I just need some help. I don't like burdening people by asking for help, but I need it. I dont want to do anything to myself that would possibly hurt you. I... I want to want to live. I still want to die, but I don't want to feel this way anymore. I want to want to live, for you. I-I-" I could barely speak. He brought my lips to his. "I want you to live." I whispered, "okay." I stood slowly from my hair as he pulled me into a hug. "Since we are being honest with each other, did you do anything... to yourself while I was gone?" He didn't respond for a moment, but pulled away from the hug. He rolled up his one sleeve to show me his arm. There were at least 20 cuts on the arm alone. He showed me his other arm, it having a little more. "Is that all of them?" He shook his head and moved down his pants a bit. He held it up in the front like he did the other night but even then, the side of his leg was like one big red blur. I gasped in horror and his eyes widened. He let go of his pants and the returned to their original form.     He held my face in his hands. I covered my mouth with my hand. He kissed the side of my head repeatedly. "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry-" I cut him off by kissing him once more. "I'm here now. I wont let anything happen to you ever again. I promise." He looked deep in my eyes. We both smiled pained smiles. His soon dropped. "You did something too, didnt you?" I nodded and rolled up my sleeve to reveal the ace bandage. I took it off. He used a finger and felt each and every cut. It stung a little, but not much. He stopped right before the last one. "That one, right there looks pretty deep," he said, pointing to the last one. I nodded. I hope he wasn't mad. He gently held my arm in his hand. He brought my arm to his face and lightly kissed the deepest cut. "I promise, I'll make sure you never cut that deep ever again." I hope he was right. He wrapped the ace bandage back around my arm and I pulled the sleeve back down. We stood there, in each other's arms for the longest time, neither one of us daring to pull apart. We didn't say that much but we said enough. This was a big step for us. Hopefully now we can try to improve ourselves together. I knew that I was the one who dragged him down to this point, and I'm forever guilty because of that, but what happened was in the past. We can't change that. I know that now and hopefully keep that in mind. All I can focus on now is the future. Our future. Hopefully? I still wasn't completely over Kacchan, but of course that was going to take some time. But, I knew that Todoroki was special. He wasn't going to leave me. Not now not ever. I hope so at least. I hugged him a bit tighter. I never want him to let go.

Author's Note:
Alright guys, gals and nonbinary pals that was chapter 9. I tried to make it decently longish in apology for not updating much. My sister was visiting from a different state and then my mental health went apeshit. I'm trying to collect myself a bit to at least make time to update these stories. I wont be updating everyday as I used to sadly. I have a lot going on and over the next 6-7 months I'll be needing to do physical therapy and actual therapy (online). But I promise, I'll update. Thank you so much for reading! I tried writing this in one go and halfway through you can tell my brain stopped working as it is almost 3 in the morning and I began typing around 10:30 pm. Sorry it isnt my best work. I knew this was supposed to be a big and important chapter and maybe I'm just being stupid I dont know. Either way, I hope that this chapter isnt the worst thing you've ever read. Anyways, please feel free to ask questions or to comment any mistakes. Thank you!

Word Count: 3937

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 6.6K 54
When Todoroki turns up on Midoriya's doorstep, crying and mentally in pain, what will Midoriya do to help his best friend and crush? Includes : -Baku...
162K 6.2K 67
γ€ŠIn a world where Todoroki and Midoriya are head over heels for eachother and expressing their love via text. They encounter many obstacles along the...
56.6K 1.2K 16
it's been a few years since izuku has developed depression. he doesn't know if he can go on. Bakugou keeps trying to help him and own up for his mist...
goodbye By Sugar

Fanfiction

207K 4.5K 26
Midoriya doesn't have a good life. He makes it seem as though everything is fine, until someone finds out a secret he was supposed to keep. How will...