Fragile Hearts

By ShonaLover

A short story revolving around lives of three central characters.Vivaan , Ramya and Varna gets connected in a... More

Cast ( Character Sketch )
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
FEW WORDS FROM AUTHOR
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Trailer and surprise
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61 A
Chapter 61 B
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70 A
Chapter 70 B
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 86
Chapter87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Special Teaser - Milestone (100 Chapters)
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105

Chapter 85

3.1K 249 122
By ShonaLover

Varna was surrounded by ladies.One after another.Keeping her busy with some work.Questioning session or something else.This irked someone badly.Vivaan sulked standing bit far.He has been trying to get to her.For last one hour but she is stuck.He made face about to throw some flower on her.When Lata saw him.

L-"Vivaan what are you doing here?"

V-"Ah Atthai.Me.I was.Looking for Pranu.Where is he."

L-"Pranu here?He is with Anna.Sitting outside.Go there."

He gave nod but his eyes were still.At his wife who didnt care to look at him.Lata saw him again.Still standing there.

L-"Vivaan go.If these ladies spot you here.Will see what happens next."

He had to leave.Without any option.Varna didnt miss to see him trying to catch her attention.She was smiling at one of ladies.Not hearing what she was saying.Her mind was with him.She didnt knew she can actually feel goosebumps with his presence around.She turned to see he wasnt there.For one second her face fell.He left without meeting her.What if he had some work.

Pranush was happy.Sitting on his grandfathers lap.Seeing many other people there.Giving him chocolates or sweets.Making fun with him.He was having gala time.But his father wasnt.He came there sulking.Saving himself from some friend.Who were calling out for him.Since morning.He saw his son.Happy but in order to get Varna.Pranu can only be saving grace.He thought of idea.

Varna washed her hands.Done with her work with whatever she was given.She turned around to find her son crying.Vivaan carrying him to her.

Var-"Pranu.What happened to him."

V-"You are asking that.You left him with Dad.He must be scared.Why did I bring you here.To work like this.Enough we are going now."

She was shocked to see him.Catching his hand.Taking her away from there.Thankfully not many people were there.They reached their room.Him locking door.Leaving her hand.She took baby.Who looked calm now.Hiding himself in mothers stole.Vivaan took breathe of relief.

Var-"Are you mad?Who acts like that.What if someone would have caught us."

V-"Why.We were doing something we should be ashamed of?I shouldnt have come here first place.It was better chance.All alone at home."

Var-"What are you murmuring.Pranu looks fine now.What happened to him."

V-"You know.He cant be without you.He feels uneasy.Thats why I prefer.Sitting like this here.Its too hot outside."

Var-"You be with him then.I have to go.They must be looking for me."

V-"Listen I didnt bring my wife.Here to work for them."

Var-"Your wife is not only one working.And its called helping.Others are there too."

She made Pranush comfortable on bed.Who didnt knew anything.Except glancing at his parents.He was enjoying outside.Till his father came.Making excuse to Vikram and taking him away.This made him cry and Mr Vivaan got chance.

V-"I dont care about others.My wife wont go there now.Thats it."

V-"As if I will listen to you."

She was about to go when he caught her again.This time pulling her towards him.Giving her smirk.He caught her from waist.Giving her goosebumps fully.It was sudden and she felt numb to react.

Var-"What.What are you doing?"

V-"What I have been waiting for.To have.Word with you.But you are interested to be with anyone.But your husband.Am I that bad."

She looked down avoiding his gaze.As he touched her hand.Bringing it closer to his face.She didnt knew his next move.Till felt something touch her cheeks.He smeared some haldi on her cheeks lovingly.His touch making her red and give warm feeling from inside.With smirk almost plastered on his face.

V-"I just wanted.To do this.And tell you that.This color suits you."

He pinched her nose.Smearing some haldi there.Her mouth widened.In shock and he left her laughing at her.She tried cleaning her face.As soon as out of his grip.

Var-"Why did you do this.You have gone completely mad."

She went to clean her face.Inside washroom.While he went to bed.Playing with Pranush.He could feel her anger.From outside as she was trying to get haldi off from her face.

V-"Its said.Haldi is good and healthy for skin.It makes one glow.Specially for brides."

Var-"Yeah your head.As if Im some bride sitting for marriage now.You are impossible."

V-"I thought your general knowledge is very good.You must have known all this.Its good omen before marriage rituals."

Var-"Yes how would I know all that.When I didnt sit for all this."

She didnt realize when she blurted.Out this truth from her mouth.She looked at herself in mirror.Yellow color on her face.Her eyes were rooted.To sight before she wondered.Harsh truth of her life.She was married woman.But she never experienced these small joys in life.She never get to feel.How girl actually feels in her marriage time.These small things matter so much.Nothing for her.She could see him appearing from behind.With calm look on face.

V-"I dont know how I missed out.How these small things mattered for a girl.You didnt get to experience all this.Im sorry Varna.Maybe Im at fault."

Var-"No one is to be blamed for anything.I dont care about these things."

She washed her face.Wiping off color from her face.But some wounds were there in her heart.Hidden as he unleashed them today.She turned to face him again.Taking a breath she felt tired.

Var-"Im tired Vivaan.Please let me be normal.If for some time.Dont make me remember.Reality of my life for how it has been."

V-"I just wanted to share.What you feel.I do wish to.Lessen your pain.Do whatever it takes to.Make it up for you."

Var-"I appreciate that.But I have accepted my fate long ago.There is nothing we can do now.Lets not discuss all this.We are in a wedding.I will take out your and Pranus dresses for evening."

She has successfully dissed the topic.Gulping down her pain.He knew well.he looked at her as she went back to setting their dresses.He came and sat on bed observing her.

Var-'Pranu should take nap now.He will be fine till evening."

V-"Didnt you ever dreamed of.Wedding like this.I mean this is what a girl wishes for."

Var-"I was thinking.Which romper will he like for evening.Red or blue.Blue he wore yesterday.Will make fuss.Let me get white one."

V-"Ignoring never helps Varna.I want to know.Didnt you ever wanted.Your wedding to be like this.With all rituals.People being with you.In starting of your new life.With all expectations and happiness."

Var-"Pranu must be hungry now.Let me get his food."

V-"Enough Varna.Just stop this."

She looked at him.As he shouted at her.Throwing romper that was in her hand.She slowly picked it up.Setting her hair.She heard his every word.Still ignorance was her reaction.She took deep breathes.Arranging dresses again.Till he made her face him.

V-"Talk about yourself.At least once.Think about your own self."

Var-"No.I never did.Dreamt of living normal life.Of dreaming like normal girl because I knew.My fate wont allow me this.I knew it all way.Nothing comes easy for me.Happy?"

She left room taking Pranush with him.Sound of door said a lot to Vivaan.He sat down dejected with his harsh attempt.He should have handled this topic.With some sensitivity.He caught his head.

Sangeeth night was on.With everyone busy enjoying and dancing out.Grooms family also came and both families were having great time.Vivaan stood at some corner with his friends.He had a drink on hand.While he refused to dance.He was wearing simple white kurta cut shirt.With blue jacket and pants.His eyes traveled to her.For uptenth time since function started.She looked like fairy.In cream and light brown shaded dress.

Being in her simple look.Her long hair were decked up in curls.She had Pranush sticking to him.Playing with her hair.Nandini was with her.He admired her laugh.Smile and it was precious.Just like her.He blushed as his friends teased her.

Var-"Nandu is everything alright between you two?I feel something a miss.You can share with me.If you want to."

N-"Nothing like that.Just like.He is meeting with his friends after long.So.I hardly know anyone here.We all need space.At some point in life."

Varna wasnt convinced with Nandinis answer that night.They werent a couple.Who needed space.Like ever.But she thought its better not to poke her.If she wanted to keep it private.She always admired love Reyaansh and Nandini have for each other.Trust they have on their bond.After all what it takes to live a relationship.Her eyes fell on her husband.Standing there with his drink.She thought of them again.Whatever happened today.She acted like that.To hide from him.What she felt.She had to.She wont open her wounds again.She decided to close them forever.She felt nice somehow he cared for her.

Niharika and her fiance.Looked great together.Happy being in love.This is how girl dreams to be.With her life getting new meaning.Varna watched them.admiring them.How would she let it out that.Just like normal girl.She wanted same happiness.Not like something big.From life.A companion who would be with her by all means.She would live that relationship till last breath.Some things always remain a dream.Smile on her face hid her pain.Like always.She felt Pranush.Him being on her side again gave her strength.

The celebrations were on high as it was almost midnight.No one would stop dancing.With only close people.Being on stage now.Vikram and Shivani were dancing.All hooting for them.Reyaansh taking their picture and video.It was more like couple moments going on.Varna smiled seeing them much in love.Even after so many years.Next was Reyaansh and Nandini.Both refused still being dragged on stage.As all cheered for them.They had to dance.Managed quiet well.Varna could still see something miss on them.Now was Vivaans turn.Varna have never seen him.This much high.Dancing his heart out with family.He was on full mood.Almost dragging everyone in family.For dance on stage.

Varna stood away admiring everyone.Lata assured that she would be with Pranush.As it was passed his sleeping time.When it was Vivaans turn.All eyes were at Varna.She panicked seeing everyone teasing them.Nandini came to her.Asking her to join Vivaan.If only they knew.Varna would die out of nervousness dancing.That also with him.

As if some magic happened.Spell was casted on her.Within seconds she was swooned away.By pair of hands.With all getting loud.In darkness she could only see him.Feel his hands on her waist.Being there lightly.He had to take her.For all he knew.He pulled her lightly towards him.Everyone admired pair.Elders now excused young group.Giving them privacy.Varna felt she would faint any moment.Firstly dance and her wasnt a thing.Then being with him in such close proximity would kill her.She could barely whisper word.

Var-"Please.I cant.I dont know.How to dance and all."

He heard her quivering voice.She looked like doll.Aware of everyones presence.She stared back at him.He smiled at her.His eyes assuring her.She could feel he was drunk.He secured his hands on her back.Taking her hand and shifting it to his shoulder.He whispered in her ear.

V-"Im there.With you."

There is always first time for everything.He twirled her around and it looked like.Cinderella dancing with her Prince.Nandini was slowly capturing moment in her phone.Admiring duo.Vivaan got her back in his arms.right in time.She shut her eyes in fear.He was there securing her.In his hold.He wont let her fall.His smile assured her that as he got her closer to him again.Her hands were on his chest.She was cucooned in his hold.They swayed slowly to soft tunes.Her throat felt dry.As her lips quivered.His eyes didnt miss that sight.It awakened all emotions and desire in him.His thumb touched side of her lips.She opened her eyes.Not able to register.What his next move be.He grazed her cheeks.Sending shivers down her spine.

V-"You are beautiful Varna.Beyond that."

That compliment from him.Was accepted by her heart.As a smile came on her lips.Unknowingly igniting sparks in him.First time Varna felt.She belonged to him.She gave up on stopping herself.Let herself loose in this time of moment.Togetherness as they say.Vivaan felt locks of her hair.Admiring her beauty more.Soon his lips touched her forehead.It was promise of sincerity.She felt secured.Being in his arms.As if night stopped for them there.

Dance ended as it was announced.But his arms wouldnt leave her.Lights came back with all cheers and claps.Calling it night.Vivaan and Varna stayed there.Being inseparable.He held her hands.Still shaking hands and side hugging others.She felt shy and strange same time.With all newly emerged feelings.She was thirsty thanks to all newly adventures.But she found him not leaving her hand.

Var-"Im thirsty.I need water.Please."

V-"Me too."

His husky tone and that smirk.Made her cheeks red.As if his words had double meaning.Next moment her imagination took turn.

V-"What if I leave you.You never come back again.Like you always do."

Var-"Im just going to get water.All are watching.Please."

V-"Are we some circus.People watching everytime.Let them if they wish to.I wont leave you.Come lets get you water."

But Varna was Varna.She took right chance when someone came to meet him.She escaped from there saving her life.Vivaan glared at her.Cursing person who had to come.Between them.

Varna and Nandini had laugh of their lives.As they were retiring for night.Discussing how almost people were drunk and speaking what not.Their acts for night was sight to watch for.

N-"This has to be best function.For all this wedding.We were like gentle innocent girls.Infront of them.Tell me Varna.You have been part of such big business circle.Handle everything quite well.Still I havent seen you lift glass today."

Var-"Why.You cant handle business and all.Without being party glass."

N-"I asked just like that.You know you are like that.Cute innocent Cinderella.Far away from everyone.Waiting for her Prince to come and swoon her away."

Var-"You and your words for me.Its nothing like that.I never got into such stuff.Social drinking is not bad still.I cant do.Thats how I am."

N-"Thats why we love you.So much."

She pulled her cheeks.Making Varna widen her eyes.And next burst into laughing.Both were laughing like anything.

N-"See your cheeks.They have gone all red.Like Pranu."

Varna wouldnt stop any how.She was laughing like this after so long.While she did she wasnt aware of pair of eyes.Capturing with only love.Vivaan stood in messy state.His eyes would go blurry.Still able to catch her beauty.Hair all messed up.Dress also and he wasnt able to balance himself either.

N-"Ahem.Talk about Prince and someone is here.Okay goodnight Varna.See you in morning."

Var-"Nandu stop."

Varna was pacing in her room.It was passed midnight.If only she would have thought once.Before letting Pranush be with Lata for night.She thought to go and sleep with her for night.But it was too late for that.She left her ear rings on table.Still being in that heavy attire.She was biting her nails.For some reasons she felt.Being with Vivaan in same room.Tonight will be difficult.For all reasons and fear.She had on mind.If it would come true.Lock bolted of room.Her heart beats raised.Seeing him with look on his face.As he entered and locked door.His each step and look on face.Made her inch closer to her fear.She stepped backwards.Soon him closing distance towards her.

Running off to balcony.She saved her heart beats.Soon enough hearing his voice.Wind blew making her hair.Fly in all directions.Giving her serene look.She saw him standing with hands inside his pockets.Gazing at her.

V-"Tonight is night.When I wished stars to gaze at me.Like never before.Tonight is the night.I wished you would hold me like never before.Be with me for eternity.

You remember this line.From one of your favorite books.Varna?"

.......................................................................................................................

I was about to continue night.When I realized chapter is getting too long.Haha.Keep guessing what will happen.With all your imaginations flying high.Do you think Varna feeling weak.Giving herself to any intentions for night.Will be justified?

Thank you for all love and support.Do not forget to vote and comment.

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 9.4K 52
Aditya is a modern architect. Looking forward for a love marriage. Vaidhehi is a homely girl who loves to spread positivity They cross each others pa...
806 75 6
Join me on this journey of Vivaan and Avni to see them fall in love and face the various obstacles that come in their way. Copyright © 2024 freelanc...
29.4K 1.4K 23
All Rights Reserved. Rank #7 in suspense out of 5k stories for 5 days Rank #8 in suspense out of 5k stories for 4 days. Rank #9 in suspense out of 4k...
31.6K 2.2K 25
Marry you pls me will ? - Huh ? Did I read it right ?? Yes you did ! Weird title but why is it so ?? Read to find out ! 😜😁 This is a short fanficti...