Drunken Accident [boyxboy]

By acidcandyflxss

What happens when you suddenly wake up one morning with an arrogant little jack as your one night stand? Well... More

Drunken Accident [boyxboy]
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 9

5.4K 200 8
By acidcandyflxss

Song of the chapter : Dia Frampton - Don't Kick a Chair (feat. Kid Cudi)

Ash >>>>>>

xxxxxxxxx

  I woke up in the morning, feeling refreshed. Damn, it’s been ages since I woke up like this. I really should sleep early more often.

  My mind went back to last night, and I suddenly smiled. Last night was really great. At last, a night spent with someone else that I didn’t wake up regretting.

  I glanced at the clock on my nightstand. 08:45.

  Shit.

  I quickly got out of bed, and rushed to the bathroom. I had a quick shower and got prepared. I didn’t have my fix of coffee, deciding that I’m gonna get it at work. I got out of my apartment, and looked at my wristwatch. 09:03.

  I ran and got to my car, but not before I looked at the street. There was a huge line of cars on the road, all standing still. Great, a traffic jam just when I needed to get to work more than ever. I got out of the parking lot and decided to run all the way to work. It wasn’t far, if you were used to it. Just manageable.

  I ran through the streets, bumping people along the way and saying a lot of ‘excuse me’s and ‘sorry’s. I got to work and glanced at my watch again. 09:25. Twenty five minutes late, that would be noticed. I walked in inconspicuously, but, to more of my surprise, Mr Mason was at the reception area talking to Amber. And he noticed me.

  Just fucking great.

  He looked at me in surprise, “Max, you’re late.”

  “Uhmm, yes. I’m sorry, that won’t happen ever again. I just had to run all the way from home because there’s a huge traffic jam,” I answered feebly, looking down at my feet.

  “Okay, but make sure it doesn’t happen again, ya?” he said.

  “I’m definitely sure it won’t happen again,” I said.

  “Max, I know it will happen again. Just don’t make it a daily occurrence,” he said softly.

  I smiled, “Thanks.”

  He just nodded and turned back to Amber. I huffed out in relief and walked to my desk. I sat down and got to work. Work took my mind off anything. I really loved doing graphic design. It was really cool and I also get to experiment with some stuff, unless the client didn’t want a drastic change to their image. My work rarely got rejected, and when it did, I only had to make a small change, like a colour or shape.

  Five minutes into working, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Ash standing there, her hands on her hips and an impatient look on her face.

  “Ash, my favourite whore in there world,” I exclaimed, standing up to hug her. But not before she pushed me away.

  “Ow, bitch. What did I do now?” I said, rubbing my chest. I knew it when she was mad at me. She looked like a wife wanting answers from her cheating husband.

  “Where were you this morning? I tried to call you and you weren’t picking up my calls. I texted you a bazillion times, Max. YOU MISSED OUR RUN THIS MORNING! There better be a good reason why you missed it,” she said sharply. She was definitely mad.

  “Babe, I forgot to charge my phone last night, and speaking of my phone,” I patted my pockets, searching for it, “I forgot it at home.”

  She frowned, “Max, you rarely forget to charge your phone unless you’re really tired. What happened yesterday?”

  I smiled goofily. She knew me way too well.

  “I’m going to explain it at lunch. But for now, I need to get to work,” I said, turning back to face my computer screen.

  “Max, I’m not going to leave until you tell me what happened.”

  “Ash, I told you, not now.”

  “Max.”

  Damn, she was persistent. Again. I turned to her and sighed.

  “Please, Ash. I really need to get on with this. I’m already behind as it is,” I said exhaustedly.

  “Fine, but promise me you’ll tell me at lunch,” she said and walked away.

~~~~~~~~

  Lunch time rolled around and I met Ash at the café. She was sitting all by herself at our usual table, texting away with her phone. I walked over and stood in front of her.

  “Who are you texting that’s so special?” I asked. She looked up in surprise and a little guilt.

  “Uhm, nobody. Just some other friends,” she said. I nodded, not wanting to drag the matter further through the dirt road. But something is definitely up.

  She looked at me as I sat down, her eyes bright and curious.

  “So, are you going to tell me what got you going haywire on me, or do I literally have to drain it out of you?” she asked. I laughed at what – oh never mind.

  She frowned. “What’s so funny?”

  “Hmm, nothing. So yeah, yesterday…” I explained the whole account to her, but leaving Cameron out of the story.

  “…yeah, Ash. He’s pretty cool. He’s funny, charming, and mysterious at the same time, if it makes sense,” I cooed. So much for being grown up, Max.

  Ash nodded, grinning. “So…”

  I looked at her questionably, “So?”

  Her grin expanded four times more, if that was possible, “I hear wedding bells?”

  I burst out laughing, losing all control. Some people turned to stare at me, but I was too out of it too even care. Ash was really not making any sense. Christian is a pretty cool guy, but I haven’t even kissed him. Not yet, anyway.

  “Ash, I haven’t even kissed him yet, so chill,” I retorted, smiling.

  “Okay, okay babe. But seriously, he sounds like he’s the perfect guy for you.”

  “I know, but I don’t know. We still have to get to know each other, you know.”

  She nodded her head. “Okay, but good luck with him though. I know that some relationships may seem perfect, but they don’t always work out. So be careful.”

  “Okay, mom. I will be.”

  She grinned and we continued with talking about our usual stuff. I really did feel happy right now.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This was a shortish kind of chapter, and i think the next chapters are gonna be short. they're just to fill the space for the big event ;). Anyways, please comment and vote :). xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.9M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...