Chapter 27

Song of the chapter: One Direction - Steal My Girl

The Audi R8 >>>

xxx

  It was weird waking up alone. It was a huge a sign that I was missing Cameron and that I was getting too used to him. I lied on the bed alone for a few minutes, gathering my thoughts.

  It was a Saturday, and normally, I would be thinking of which club I should go to tonight. But the thought of going to nightclubs has never crossed my mind ever since I met Christian, and when my feelings for the two guys grew. I think that’s when my life grew so much complicated to not even think about routine anymore.

  I got up and did my daily morning routine, except now there was more time and I wasn’t really rushing. I contemplated texting Cameron, but then I remembered again that I don’t have his phone number. I sighed in resigned frustration and sat down in front of the TV. I watched SpongeBob Squarepants in my underwear for about three hours. It’s funny how I’ve kicked the habit of clubbing for cartoons.

  I was on the sixth episode when I heard a buzzing coming from my phone. I looked to see that it was a text.

  From Christian.

  I quickly unlocked my phone and checked it while my heart beat a tad bit faster.

  Christian: Hey J

  It was so simple and so… friendly. Christian has always been a friendly guy, but I must admit that it was bittersweet reading the text. I contemplated on whether to text him back or not, not caring if it showed that it was read. But I wanted to be friends with him, even after all that had happened.

  Me: Hey How are you?

  Wow, that was weird. My heart was still beating fast, not managing to slow down. I was nervous because of his reaction to me and if he’ll treat me as a friend or with subtle resentment. I completely ignored the TV in front of me in anticipation for his next text.

  Christian: I’m doing better

  An instant pang of guilt hit me when I read that text. It just reminded me of what I did to this very good guy who really did deserve better. But then I felt my phone buzz again. I quickly looked at it.

  Christian: I mean, I’m great. I didn’t mean it like that.

  I read it over and over just to make sure I read right. It was weird that he was still being friendly. I kept wondering if he would just suddenly lash out at me.

  Me: No, it’s okay J About that tho, I’m really sorry

  I hit the send button and waited again anxiously. It’s been a few days since the break-up.