Water Under The Bridge // Gil...

By mangoesblythe

//Gilbert Blythe X fem!reader// a love story between Y/n L/n and Gilbert Blythe. from friends to enemies fro... More

A/N (please read)
Cast
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12

11

365 15 0
By mangoesblythe

"how long till she get's your love letter Blythe?" Bash asked, as he and Gilbert where walking towards a post office.

"it's not a love letter... and maybe a month," Gilbert.

"if it's not a love letter, then why won't you let me read it," Bash said, raising his eyebrows, giving Gilbert a questioning look.

"because it's private," Gilbert said plainly.

"so it is a love letter?" Bash asked, causing Gilbert to roll his eyes and chuckle.

he sighed, "no... her father's dying, could be dead at this point... I just wish I could be there for her."

"oh, I'm sorry Blythe," Bash said, scratching the back of his head as they approached the post office.

"it's fine," Gilbert said, as he stepped into the post office, Bash following behind.

~

"one rum, one babash," Bash said, as the bartender poured their drinks. Bash was grinning as Gilbert took a sip.

"oh, oof," Gilbert said, squinting his eyes, making Bash chuckle. "you sure that's not gonna kill you?" Gilbert asked with raised eyebrows, gesturing towards Bash's drink.

"no, that's what makes it good, the danger. got to taste death to feel alive, blythe," Bash said. "not for you though, first-timer."

Gilbert slightly raised his eyebrows

"Babash, local delicacy. you'll be sprouting like a weed," Bash said, letting out a chuckle.

"man, seeing the world, trying new things, what could be better?" Gilbert asked, smiling.

"love," Bash said, "if I had someone pretty back home I'd be up outta here."

"how many times do I have to tell you, Y/n and I are just friends," Gilbert said, sighing as Bash smirked.

"a friend that makes you smile and act like a moke, be a man!" Bash said, raising his voice a little.

"I am," Gilbert said, slightly furrowing his eyebrows as he leaned his head back.

"only a boy can't admit when he's gone over a lady," Bash said smirking.

Gilbert chuckled. "would a boy stare danger right in the eye, and swallow it," he said, as he grabbed Bash's drink and swallowed all of it at once.

"hey, no, no." Bash tried to stop him, but it was too late.

"oh, oh," Gilbert said, he felt like he was about to... he shot up from his seat and ran out to throw up.

Bash shook his head, "there, there, doux-doux, you're a man in truth," he said as Gilbert groaned, making Bash laugh.

~

"Tyler!!" you yelled, as you stormed through the house. "Tyler L/n!" you frowned when you didn't get a response.

"keep it down Y/n, Tyler already left," your mother said, groaning softly at your yelling.

"he promised to walk with me," you said pouting as you plopped down in your seat.

probably walking with cole again.

you were sure they were a couple now, and you very happy for them, just sad you didn't get to play cupid.

"are you excited for school?" your mother asked.

you looked at her with furrowed eyebrows, "me excited for school?" you let out a chuckle.

you weren't excited for school at all. the boys where being idiots, the girls were constantly gossiping and Ruby still wouldn't shut up about Gilbert.

you had hoped he would be back by now, it had almost been a year, and you missed him so much.

your mother had been drinking, not that much, but she would get drunk every once in a while, you didn't know if you should talk to her about it, you hated seeing her with a hangover, something she was clearly having right now.

"I'll take my breakfast with me and eat it along the way," you said as you started collecting your school stuff.

"okay, well have fun honey," your mother said, rubbing her forehead.

"thanks, bye!" you said, grabbing an apple and walking out the door, to make your way to school.

your brother had been ditching you alot over the past weeks, always going out, you would mostly go over to green gables to hang out with Jerry.

you were planning on seeing Jerry in the afternoon, after walking with Anne and Diana.

you approached the school house to see the girls standing by the stream, they were loudly chatting as you walked over to them.

"morning," you said smiling, "what are you guys still doing here? class is almost starting."

"right," Ruby said, letting out a giggle, "we were talking about how Gilbert left about a whole year ago now."

you nodded as you grabbed your milk from your bag and bent over to put it in the stream, alongside the other girls.

you felt something, or someone, lift up your dress. you span around and slapped the person in his face. "keep your hands off me, you filthy pig!" you yelled, once you saw Billy Andrews.

he snickered as he walked over to his friends, who were clearly making fun of you. you flipped them off and walked inside.

you heard Anne yelling something at Billy and the girls giggling.

how on earth is this funny?

you huffed as you sat down in your seat.

"Y/n is everything alright?" Diana asked, laying a hand on your shoulder as she sat next to you.

"I'm fine Diana, I just can't stand that Idiot," you said, shaking your head.

you stared out off the window as the girls started chatting about the parlor games they've been playing. the only thing you noticed, was a pissed off Josie Pye.

~

after school, you were dragged along to the supply room, apparently they were playing spin the bottle. you really didn't want to play, but sat down anyway, staring out of the window.

"whoever the bottle points to, you are permitted to kiss. it must be boy girl," Josie said as everyone also sat down. to your surprise, Billy sat next to you, giving you a weird smirk.

"where does that leave Cole?" Billy asked, making a few of his friends laugh.

you didn't know why cole was even there, you were sure he was dating your brother, the girls must've forced them.

that makes two of us

you send Billy a glare and he smirked again, making you internally gag.

"who wants to spin first?" Josie said excitedly as she looked around the room.

not me.

"Y/n," Billy said, causing you to widen your eyes.

you shook your head, "no I don't," you said, "I really don't."

"what is it Y/n? to much of a prude to have your first kiss?" Josie asked sending you one of her vile looks.

"for your information, Josie, I already had my first kiss, about a year ago, let someone else spin it and keep your pitty insults to yourself, please," you said, now giving her one of your vile looks.

she gulped, "I don't believe you, who would want to kiss you?" she asked. she raised her eyebrows and pursed her lips together, making your blood boil.

"that's none of your business," you snapped back at her.

"because no one kissed you? right? you're just a pathetic liar!" she said.

"didn't I tell you to keep your insults to yourself? and it was Gilbert Blythe, he kissed me," you said, immediatly regretting it and feeling a little guilty for telling everyone, especially after you told him you would never bring it up again.

oh well, he's on the other side of the world anyway...

"is that why he left, were you such a bad kisser?" Josie asked, a few students snickered, Ruby was crying and Anne and Diana were looking at you with open mouth.

"I'm sure Y/n is a very good kisser, and I would like to try it out" Billy suddenly said, causing you to look at him with furrowed eyebrows and wide eyes. he winked.

"oohhh, Y/n and Billy?" Tillie asked, making all the students giggle, cheering you on, telling you to kiss him.

gross! gross! gross!

you could see this wasn't really what Josie had planned. she was eyeing Billy, while he was looking at you with that stupid smirk on his face.

"gross, I'm leaving," you said, as you stood up and left the room.

Billy's friends laughed as they patted his back, "yea she's definitely into you," they said in a tone laced with sarcasm, you smirked to yourself as you slammed the door.

a few seconds later it opened and Anne and Diana ran after you, "that was so brave of you! standing up to Josie Pye like that!"

you smiled, "thanks."

"her whole face turned red, I've never seen her like that before!" Diana said

"and who would've thought that Billy would stand up for you, even after you slapped him," Anne said.

"what can I say, I'm irresistible," you said, flipping your hair, making the girls laugh. "but what should I do about this whole Billy situation?"

"well do you like him?" Diana asked.

"Diana are you listening to yourself? I could never like Billy, never!" you said, making Anne chuckle a little.

"alright, alright, I suppose he really is a stupid boy," Diana said letting out a giggle.

______________________________________

please vote or comment. I really appreciate it! ✨

//word count: 1518//

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 3.1K 20
"𝗜 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗮𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗻𝗼 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘀?" "𝗡𝗼 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘀, 𝗕𝗹𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗲" #1 Gilbertblythe - 7.2...
Eunoia By kaylee

Fanfiction

16.2K 726 31
"Sometimes I wonder what that brain of yours is thinking about." I jump and turn to see the one and only. "Gilbert. I have neither the time nor the...
22.6K 776 47
Gilbert and Anne had known each other for years, but the redhead had never been able to forgive him for calling her Carrots. However, after an incide...
71.5K 3.1K 53
lucas x fem!oc social media fic