The Wedding Date: A Taekook S...

By alice_meadows

Taehyung is an elementary school teacher who's a constant disappointment to his family back in England. His e... More

Chapter One: The Invitation
Chapter Two: Coffee
Chapter Three: The Mother
Chapter Four: Fears
Chapter Five: Taking Flight
Chapter Six: Your Worth
Chapter Seven: Family
Chapter Eight: Confidence
Chapter Nine: Past & Present
Chapter Ten: The Ex
Chapter Eleven: Sweet Temptation
Chapter Twelve: The Perfect Gentleman
Chapter Thirteen: Hell
Chapter Fourteen: Excitement & Uncertainties
Chapter Fifteen: Adorable
Chapter Sixteen: A Small Town
Chapter Seventeen: Chocolate Kisses
Chapter Eighteen: Kinda in Love
Chapter Nineteen: Pearl
Chapter Twenty: Loved
Chapter Twenty-One: Comparisons
Chapter Twenty-Two: Secrets
Chapter Twenty-Three: Nothing Like Us
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Truth
Chapter Twenty-Five: Surprises and Secrets
Chapter Twenty-Six: The Pillow Fort
Chapter Twenty-Eight: His Muse
Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Cafe
Chapter Thirty: Coward's Confession
Chapter Thirty-One: Rain and Romance
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Rehearsal Dinner
Chapter Thirty-Three: Happiness
Chapter Thirty-Four: Our Euphoria
Chapter Thirty-Five: The Wedding
Chapter Thirty-Six: Objections
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Ann Marie
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Epilogue
Wedding Date RSVP Day
A Night at Epiphanies
Garden Venues
Blessings and Begonias
Coffee & Confessions
The Journey Begins
Catching Up
Family Baggage
Backup Plans and Ballrooms
Whipped
The Bachelor Parties
The Wedding
Announcement Time!

Chapter Twenty-Seven: Sweet Words and Sandwiches

52.6K 3K 1.5K
By alice_meadows

Taehyung wakes to the sound of car doors slamming and loud, slurring, voices. His hazel eyes blink tiredly as he shakes off the heavy dregs of sleep, his body comfortably bundled amongst pillows and blankets. He feels a warmth beside him shift and he looks up, smiling softly when he sees Jungkook sleeping soundly next to him, the man's muscular arms wrapped tightly around his waist. Taehyung takes the time to admire Jungkook's features since the boy is asleep and not as intimidating; the sharp jaw relaxed and soft in his sleep, the gentle brush of dark eyelashes around his usual intense eyes, and pouting lips. Taehyung can't help but brush some of the hair out of Jungkook's eyes, tucking the soft locks behind his ear. He traces his fingers from Jungkook's pierced ear down puffy cheeks to his lips, playing lightly with them as a bright smile crosses his face. Jungkook is just too cute. It amazes him that such a cute guy can also be so attractive and fierce and cocky. Jungkook has a multifaceted personality and image. One that Taehyung is interested in discovering more and more.

After a few minutes of admiring Jungkook, Taehyung realizes he needs some water, and they don't have any drinks in the pillow fort. He manages to slip out of Jungkook's grip, tuck the blankets up around the raven-haired boy, and crawl out of the fort. All without waking Jungkook from his peaceful slumber. Taehyung straightens his hoodie, untwisting the fabric and ruffling his messed up hair as he wanders out of his bedroom. His bare feet barely make a sound on the ornate carpet lining the halls. All Taehyung can think about is getting a drink and Jungkook. Jungkook looked so happy sleeping in the pillow fort with him. Does he always look that happy when he sleeps or is it just when he sleeps with him? He doesn't really know, but Taehyung does want to thank Jungkook for the really cute date. Even if the two of them just ended up falling asleep during it. It still made Taehyung happy. Far happier than he thought he'd ever been.

When Taehyung gets into the kitchen, he sees the time on the analog clock read 10:45 pm. He's surprised some people have already arrived back at the house when they are supposed to be out celebrating the soon-to-be-married couple. Taehyung is thrilled that he didn't end up going to either party. He couldn't stand being around his drunk and demanding sister, nor would he want to go with Daniel and his friends when they were heading for the strip clubs and bars. Taehyung would much rather do exactly what he did. Cuddle up to Jungkook with Harry Potter playing in the background.

Taehyung opens the fridge, gathering ingredients for quick and easy sandwiches as well as two water bottles to take upstairs to Jungkook. He cuts into a fresh loaf of bread, humming softly to himself as he spreads mayo and mustard on one, and mayo with honey mustard on the other. He adds lettuce, slices of sharp cheddar cheese, turkey, tomatoes, and in his a sprinkle of shredded carrots for that extra crunch. He tops it off with pickles, and then closes the sandwiches, smiling at the simple yet delicious concoction. He plates the two sandwiches and puts them on a dinner tray so he can carry them upstairs with the water bottles and chips. They definitely need chips.

As he reaches into the pantry for Jungkook's favorite chips, he hears the kitchen door swing open and two heavy footsteps stumble into the kitchen. Taehyung freezes, knowing who those footsteps belong to. The boots he wears are a familiar trigger that sends a shiver through Taehyung's skin. He's tempted to step into the pantry, hiding amongst the boxes, jars, and bags of goodies until Daniel leaves, yet he hears a sharp intake and a low whistle which tells him he's been spotted.

"Hey, baby boy. I didn't think I'd see you here. You look goooood," Daniel drawls and Taehyung takes a deep breath, steeling his nerves and composing his expression to one of numb disdain as he turns and faces his ex. Daniel's blond hair was once slicked back neatly, though now it is messy, the gel losing hold of the short locks. His thin lips are curled into a wicked smirk, and those piercing eyes are glazed over with the alcoholic influence of too much liquor.

"Are you serious right now?" Taehyung retorts, looking over his baggy hoodie and sweatpants. He is covered head to toe in thick, warm, cotton, and yet Daniel's perverted eyes wander over his body, observing every inch of it with a drunken glaze. He looks at Taehyung as if he can see through the fabric, which is a sensation that bothers the smaller boy.

"Yeah, baby. You're so cute," Daniel purrs, stepping towards Taehyung, which has his grip tightening on the bag of chips. Taehyung can smell tequila wafting off the man, and the blond instantly steps back away from his ex. He maneuvers so there is no wall behind him, giving himself ample space to run away from Daniel if needed. He is not going to end up ensnared by his ex once again.

"Daniel, no. I am not playing your games. Please leave me alone," Taehyung boldly says, and Daniel frowns.

"You know. I don't appreciate you talking to me like that. Especially since you didn't show up to my bachelor party. I wanted you there," he says, pouting drunkenly which makes him just look like a spoiled child. Taehyung rolls his eyes, his grip on the bag getting ever tighter.

"You didn't want me there for anything more than a trophy or a punching bag. That's all you wanted me for," Taehyung spits, walking away from Daniel to where he has the tray of food. He sets the chips down, gasping slightly when Daniel's rough hand grabs his arm and spins him back around. Daniel towers over him, his body pressed uncomfortably close to Taehyung as he glares down at him; his drunken eyes blurred with rage.

"That's not it. You just never knew when to listen. Like now. You're being difficult, and you know I hate that," Daniel spits, yet Taehyung tries to not show his fear.

"Let me go. I no longer have to care what you think. I'm not dating you, remember?" Taehyung growls, his voice hiding all panic that rushes through his veins when Daniel steps even closer, his grip tightening on Taehyung's arm.

"You don't talk to me like that," Daniel hisses. Taehyung winces from the vice-like grip on his arm as he struggles to get his arm away, "Stop being so difficult, Taehyung!" he shouts, shaking Taehyung roughly.

"Let him go. Now," someone growls and Taehyung feels relief rush through his veins when Jungkook storms over, shoving Daniel off of him. The grip on his arm rips away painfully as Daniel stumbles, yet Taehyung doesn't care. He's away from his ex and Jungkook stands between the two of them.

"And here comes the hero to rescue the damsel! Fucking Junk-cook or whatever your name is..." Daniel grumbles, his eyes blazing red with fury, and Jungkook laughs. It's a dark, sardonic, laugh that basically screams Don't you fuck with me, but Daniel was never one to understand social cues.

"It's Jungkook for one, and two Taehyung isn't a damsel. I'm just not comfortable with you trying to beat up my boyfriend," Jungkook spits, enjoying the way Daniel's eyes narrow in rage.

"Boyfriend. Boyfriend, I knew him longer!" he hisses, yet Jungkook just scoffs.

"So? I've never raised an aggressive hand against him. He trusts me far more than he trusts you, so those years that you've known him don't fucking matter," Jungkook growls, his deep voice sending tremors through Taehyung's body. There's a warning there, yet if Daniel understood it, he is acting like he does not.

"You're with him just so you can fuck him! You seem like the playboy type," he hisses.

"Okay, that's enough!" Taehyung snaps, fed up with the drunk man in front of them. He steps out from behind Jungkook, holding onto his muscular arm as he looks up at his stern face. Jungkook's eyes soften slightly when they land on Taehyung and the blond boy lightly smiles, "Let's just go..." Taehyung's voice is soft, gently calming the rage building in Jungkook's veins. He nods, wrapping an arm around Taehyung and leading him away from Daniel. Taehyung doesn't forget to stop and grab the tray he prepped, looking back at Daniel who stands like an angry codfish, his mouth opening, and closing as his drunken brain thinks on what to say. Taehyung learned long ago that the best way to avoid his wrath is to just not engage in it. That still applies. Taehyung and Jungkook quietly walk back to their shared room, Jungkook's grip on his waist tightening as a tense silence falls around them. Once the door is shut, Jungkook takes the tray from Taehyung's hands, sets it on the table, and then spins around and hugs him. Taehyung is so surprised by the hug that he gasps, his hands clinging softly to Jungkook's shirt as the raven-haired boy wraps his arms around him.

"Are you okay, Taehyung...?" Jungkook quietly asks his anger and rage dissipating to concern and mild annoyance. Waking up with Taehyung missing wasn't too concerning. Walking into the kitchen only to see Daniel violently shaking him was. Jungkook can't get the fear on Taehyung's face out of his mind; he never ever wants Taehyung to feel that way around him.

"I'm okay...he scared me a little bit...that's all..." Taehyung murmurs, his hands slowly moving up Jungkook's muscular chest to his shoulders where he wraps his arms around Jungkook's back, letting the dark-haired man pull him closer.

"I'm glad you're safe...you should've woken me up," Jungkook says, looking down at Taehyung who just sheepishly smiles.

"You...you were sleeping so soundly, and I wanted to get us something to eat, so I just let you sleep..." Taehyung quietly exclaims, and Jungkook's bright smile makes all of the trouble worthwhile.

"Thank you, bub. Do you want to eat at the table or in the fort?" Jungkook asks, letting go of his initial irritation and fear.

"In the fort!" Taehyung chimes, crawling back inside the pillow fort quickly which makes Jungkook laugh. He grabs the tray and hands it to Taehyung before he, too, crawls inside, "Besides, we have The Prisoner of Azkaban--AKA the best Harry Potter movie ever--to watch now!" Taehyung happily adds, his eyes glimmering with glee, and Jungkook smiles.

"Too bad you didn't make pea soup," Jungkook teases, his lips curling into a bigger smile when Taehyung laughs.

"'You get the pea soup, make sure you eat it before it eats you!'" Taehyung quotes in a raspy Jamaican accent just like the shrunken head on the Knight Bus before laughing again.

"How can you be so cute...?" Jungkook quietly says, his lips permanently in a smile as Taehyung starts up the third movie. At Jungkook's compliment, his cheeks turn bright pink and he shrugs, handing Jungkook his sandwich and chips before grabbing his own.

"I'm not that cute...not as cute as you..." Taehyung whispers, his blush creeping up his ears as he compliments Jungkook. The raven-haired boy smirks, wrapping an arm around Taehyung and kissing the side of his honey-blond head.

"You're definitely cuter, bub, but okay," Jungkook coos though Taehyung just shakes his head.

"You don't see yourself when you sleep! Your cheeks get all soft and your lips all pouty," Taehyung teases and Jungkook laughs, a faint blush creeping on his cheeks as he is slightly embarrassed by the blond boy's words.

"Honey, that is you all the time. Therefore, you're cuter," Jungkook purrs, enjoying Taehyung's wide flustered eyes as he tries to think of a comeback and fails epically.

"Just eat your sandwich," Taehyung huffs, picking up his sandwich and taking a giant bite out of it. Jungkook can't help but laugh; Taehyung is just too adorable from the way he angrily pouts to the way his cheeks puff up as he chews. Jungkook picks up his sandwich, taking a bite out of it as the opening "Lumos" scene begins. The fresh flavor of the veggies, meat, and cheese surprises him and his eyes widen, looking down at the sandwich as he chews.

"This is good, Tae!" he cries, and Taehyung sheepishly smiles.

"It's just a sandwich. The bread was made this morning, and the tomatoes come from the gardens, but other than that it is your typical sandwich," Taehyung says with a shrug, chomping down on his sandwich again.

"Mmm, no it tastes so much better than that," Jungkook hums, chewing with a dramatically contemplative expression on his face, "Did you make it with love?" Jungkook teases, loving the way Taehyung's face turns bright pink before he smacks Jungkook's shoulder.

"Stop. Being. So. Cheesy!" Taehyung shrieks, his words broken up by several wimpy slaps to Jungkook's shoulder. Jungkook just laughs, letting Taehyung hit him in embarrassment.

"Okay, bub, okay. I'll stop," Jungkook chimes, and Taehyung sighs, picking up his sandwich again and takes another big bite.

"Good," he grumbles in between nibbles of food. Jungkook grins, opening the chips bag, and sharing it with Taehyung while they eat and watch the movie. Once done eating, they pause the movie, and Jungkook takes the dishes down to the kitchen while Taehyung wanders into the bathroom to brush his teeth, the smell of honey mustard on his breath bothering him far more than it should. He then wanders out, taking off the sweats and changing into shorts instead, not wanting the entanglement of fabric on his legs anymore. The hoodie he wears goes down to the middle of his thighs, swallowing his lean form in the fabric, yet Taehyung wouldn't have it any other way. He straightens the pillows in the pillow fort, cleans up some of the trash from earlier, and then plops down on the pile of blankets, waiting for Jungkook to get back so they can continue the movie.

Jungkook does his best to avoid the obnoxious drunks and the overly excited partiers. He hears Talia and some of her girlfriends squealing in the backyard, going wild about a story told from the past. Jungkook just shakes his head, hurrying the plates to the kitchen where he sets them in the sink and hurries out again. He doesn't want to keep Taehyung waiting, his excitement to see the blond boy bubbling up even more with each step he takes. Finally, he makes it in the bedroom again and freezes when he sees Taehyung sitting crisscrossed in the fort, his long tan legs on display.

"Get too hot...?" Jungkook asks, drawing Taehyung's attention, and the boy nods.

"Yeah the fabric was getting annoying," Taehyung mumbles to which Jungkook nods, his eyes not peeling away from Taehyung's tan legs. Taehyung blushes when he notices this, shyly playing with the hem of the hoodie, "How about you go brush your teeth and then we can finish the movie?" Taehyung quietly suggests and Jungkook just nods again, turning on his heel and walking to the bathroom. Taehyung giggles quietly, his confidence boosting slightly when seeing such an awestruck look on Jungkook's face. The man is an escort. He's seen a lot of sexy people, Tae is sure, so bringing that reaction out of Jungkook inflates his insecure ego a bit.

But not enough to prepare him for the look he is given when Jungkook exits the bathroom and strides towards the pillow fort, crouching down so he is face to face with Taehyung before kissing him, his rough hands coming up to either side of his face. Taehyung squeaks lightly against Jungkook's lips, kissing back once his initial surprise fades away. Jungkook's thumbs brush his cheeks, holding the boy close to him as they both melt into the kiss. When the two splits, Jungkook smirks at Taehyung's flushed cheeks.

"What...what was that for...?" Taehyung quietly asks, and Jungkook shrugs as he plops down next to Taehyung.

"Just something I needed to do," he mumbles, pressing play on the remote so the movie can pick up again. Taehyung sits silently next to him, biting his lips while he fights his blushing cheeks and the butterflies fluttering in his stomach. 

Eventually, he leans against Jungkook's side again, a bright boxy grin on his lips as he says, "You have my permission to do that whenever you need,"

Before Jungkook can respond, Taehyung's attention is completely absorbed by the movie, and he goes back to quietly quoting it. Yet Jungkook can't stop the smile from permanently forming on his lips as he pulls Taehyung closer and kisses the top of his head again. Just to show him how much he cares and how grateful he is to have Taehyung in his arms.

...

Hey everyone! I hope you liked this update! I am going back to work on Wednesday--full time-- so my updates will be few and far between I am afraid. I will do my best to keep up with my writing and work, but I make no promises. Anyways, thank you for reading! 

As always, I wish you all happiness, health, and safety! See you next time!

~Alice~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.4K 1.2K 30
Kim Taehyung has had a long-standing crush on his classmate Park Jimin and finds himself engaged to the obedient son of his dad's friend. Taehyung is...
7.8K 449 16
Kim Taehyung is a poor femboy who lives in a village with her parents and younger sibling, Kim Eun Tak. Unknown to Tae, she was kidnapped by them dur...
221K 8.6K 41
A love story between two college students..every things happens a pretty junior bumps onto a handsome senior..what will happen? Read the story to fin...
184K 8.7K 25
When two people with histories get married just for the sake of their family. Taehyung can never love someone other than his first love. Jungkook ca...