𝑰dentity v || Oneshots

By Songl3ss

Oneshots of the characters of Identity V! -Character x reader -Character x character Start: October 31, 2019 ... More

!𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠!
•°Guide°•
♡ Love and Decay | Aesop Carl
♡ Touch | Aesop Carl
♤ Everlasting | Aesop Carl ¤
♡ Extinguish | Andrew Kreiss ¤
♡ Stargaze | Eli Clark
♡ Space | Eli Clark
♧ Humane | Eli Clark
♧ Deception | Eli Clark
♤ Till Sunrise | Joseph Desaulnier
♤ Radiant Sun | Joseph Desaulnier
♤ Radiant Sun pt. 2 | Joseph Desaulnier
♧ Silver lining | Joseph Desaulniers
♧ Silver Lining pt 2| Joseph Desaulniers
◇ Sweets | Mary
♡ Coffee | Naib Subedar
♤ No longer | Naib Subedar
♤ No Longer pt. 2 | Naib Subedar
♤ Dahlia | Naib Subedar ¤
♡ Attraction | Norton Campbell
♤ Relapse | Norton Campbell
◇ Of Tales And Innocence | Murro
♡ Spark | Luca Balsa
♡ Authority | Luca Balsa ¤
♡ Written with Love | Victor Grantz
♡ Penalty | Victor Grantz
♡ Life and Joy | Joseph x Aesop
♡ Comfort | Joseph x Aesop
◇ Our Past and Future | Joseph x Aesop
♡ A Safe Place | Red x Aesop
◇ Chaos | Naib x Aesop (Platonic)
♡ Yours Truly | Naib x Norton
♡ Cheer up! | Jack x Joseph
Until Then

♧ Redemption | Norton Campbell ¤

4.8K 124 68
By Songl3ss

2nd winner place of the voting list.
---

"I promise in our next life, I'll marry you. So please when I do..

Marry me."

You had that dream again...

Vivid as cold snow, the distant pictures of unfamiliar, yet so familiar faces rolled out like some kind of old movie strips. From smiles to distaste in anger, the odd looks from the people from your dream felt almost...alive, and yet you could never seem to remember what they had looked like when you woke up. They had called out your name as if they knew you from the start, fits of laughter and stories fluttered into a chest of locked memories. But to say you even knew them was false. Dreams were a figure of imagination, were they not? It wasn't like it hadn't already occurred, and the fact that it kept coming back grew strange yet confusing. You had told someone else about the dream, the memory burning in the back of your mind as it replayed the same scene but with blurry faces.

But that shouldn't be important anyway, right?

Succumbing to the soft touch of the mattress, the silk sheath of fabric lightly hovered just over your body, trapping heat as the early morning cold nipped at any open skin. Hairs stood as you forced your way from and out of the bedroom, but not before toppling over a stack of unopened boxes. Groaning but able to continue, the scent of divine spring aroused a calm atmosphere. It lingered of lavender, a trace of sweet honey danced around as the memorizing aroma gave a satisfying feeling. It smelled pretty nice, unlike the place back where you were forced to call it "home." Ignoring the origin of a delightful scent, your focus swayed to the sound of sizzling bacon.

You had been worried lately, and it showed. As if it was painted on your forehead, your roommate noticed the odd behavior surrounding the topic of parents, and it worries him to the core. It was rather sensitive, and even now it was but a brief period of time you decided to completely open up. But building up the courage, you had told him about the recent feelings of being watched, like eyes that would eventually burn a hole at the back of your head kind of type. Someone had been watching, and so far, the evidence gave no indication that it was true. But you never really put distrust in your gut. You were just scared that someone had found you, and this daydream of a short-lived new life would ultimately fall into the person you were forced to be once again.

Discovering the marble kitchen, the figure of a tall somewhat built man focused his attention towards the pan just between his grasp. His hair was nicely kept to one side, whilst the ends were rather in a more freely state. It had reminded you of an a axolotl, but in this case, he was far more annoying. With a scar painting the left side of his face, he had looked attractive even when he himself says otherwise. "Morning," your roommate glanced his way towards your own, brown hazel staring back as you got used to his stares. The tiny smile placed on his lips were surely sweet, accompanied with the devilish curve of his eyes.

Sending a tired wave, you responded with a hum, deliberately ignoring his smirk and questionable antics. After all, you were nothing but his roommate, a person who shares the apartment and splits the rent. Of course, you were still grateful he was kind enough to accept your offer since you had ran away from...home and decided to work twice as hard with two jobs. It was a miracle still to this day how that spurt of a moment almost fatality ended your future- with an arranged marriage to some stranger your parents decided to unquestionably sold you to. If you hadn't disobeyed and ran away, who knows what would happen?

Between your series of worries and sighs, it became apparent that one way or another, your persistent parents were going to find where you have been hiding throughout these two years. They were in a state of power, one that you were certainly afraid that they'd use to harm the friends found throughout this wild situation. They weren't exactly the kind of people who would see others for their personality, rather the wealth and authority. With that in mind, the man who they were so pushy for you to wed to- was no other than a rich boy. A "Handsome, generous, and wealthy man who could help with your future," as your mother often said. But you were also skeptical of the many assumptions the said "Handsome, generous, and wealthy man" really was. For all you know, he would be an old guy just trying to find some young girl to wed.

It was when you were suddenly fitted in a wedding dress that you realized it wasn't a rehearsal you were going to attend to- rather an actual wedding. Your wedding. Remembering the scene all too well, the bells that rung along with laughter and whispers of guests alike were turned into quiet screams as the only thing left inside your mind was to run, run away as the future you were pampered to be in was suddenly shattered as the layers of white pearl silk hung with a cut string. All eyes upon the realization of terror, you had never felt such distress, such betrayal. Were they really that restless as to trick their own only daughter to wed a stranger? Have they lost all their memories of their beloved child that once awaited them to get home safe? What happened? Are these memories just an act till the day you were old enough to sold?

Unfortunately it seems so...

Still fresh, the cut that sliced through an open heart was a wound still in the process of healing. Was it selfish to run away? To want a future you are able to be free, to have the decision of deciding for yourself? Your knees tempted to buckled at the thought, but knowing all well someone else was looking, you regained composure, one that was taught to you at a ripe age.

"Work?" Norton set the freshly cooked bacon in the center of the table, eyes darting between the plates he set down, towards the clenched state of your hands. He knew what had happened between you and the parents, the thought of having to go through it only angers him. Truth be told, the very night he found you right at his doorstep, he was allured by the trickle of tears staining a face he could only describe as beautiful. You were still running away from the people who your parents hired, the white silk stained as the rain enhanced the solemn look that plastered on your face. He had never wanted to help someone as much as you.

"Mhm, I have to be there early. I'm covering for Emma today, and along with working for Demi, I may come home a little later than usual. I hope you don't mind," you focused on the empty plate just in between your elbows that were propped on the table, hands rubbing the metal fork that contained the bacon. You looked back at Norton, and as expected, his expression only revealed distaste, eyebrows furrowed as he slightly crunched his face.

"Of course I mind! Are you not tired? You already have two jobs, one making you come in before seven and one letting you stay until two in the morning. When you come home, you still need about an hour before coming to bed-" he paused, the worry in his eyes reflected like a mirror. "I told you, it's fine to take a break sometimes. There's no need to exhaust yourself until passing out. If you are worried about the rent, don't be, my job already covers all of it anyways-"

"Norton please," you cut him off, though silence only a brief moment, but enough to send the tingles of guilt. "I...I have been a burden for far too much. You already gave me somewhere to stay, somewhere I can finally live a life I want. Please, let me repay you even if it's just helping with getting more money."

With a final sigh, the sweet release of stress exits from his lips, eyes straining away from your own. Reluctant and undeniably worried, Norton could only let you go and let you continue this tiresome path. It wasn't like he didn't care, rather the pushy stubbornness that refused to listen despite his warnings of the risks continued to strive even in harsh situations. It would get you killed one day, and it frightens him to the core. It was like this almost every morning, the same conversation of the runaway bride going to exhaust herself for the sake of payment despite his detests and reassurance. It never came to the point of a combusting argument, but it always did end rather bittersweet, as in truth it was never a malicious intent between parties; one being guilty enough to keep trying repay a dept she was already assured was paid.

Combing through the obsidian strands of his hair, Norton watched as you finished up your plate, taking his and returning to the kitchen to wash the remaining dishes. All he sees is a woman with a shattered past, one that was difficult to heal. But between those pitiful situations, he saw a beauty underneath solemn eyes, one he promised to himself would free from restraints of a sensitive past. He wanted to see you smile, a genuine one, as the woman he loved was still in despair...

¤°•♧•°¤

Your shoulders felt heavy, and the ongoing circular movement of wiping the table at the bar was not helping. It ached, as if pins and needles started to stab through clothing, skin and flesh just to pin down moving bones. You tried ignoring it, but thinking anything else instead of pain remained difficult. How many hours had it been? You weren't so sure. But the clock on the wall did say it was past two in the morning, the same hour your shift was done. Relief ran down like sweat, knees starting to buckle as you forced them to keep going enough to walk towards your bag and outside to wait for Norton to pick up.

You were lost in a trance, the dim dream from before kept returning as the vivid words of an unfamiliar voice that promised of a marriage played like a record. Their voice was soothing and genuine, deep but certainly soft at the same time. It was as if honey lathered on their tongue, the sweet words awaiting for your approval in hand to a confession. But as you were reminded of the dream, the realization found itself in the middle of your attention.

Ten...twenty..twenty five. He's late. Something felt off, the cold air nipped at your skin as the air remained silence. The quiet whispers of some bystanders walking by watched as you grew anxious by the minute. Fingers fidgeting, eyes darting past cars and vehicles of kinds in hope to find the right one, you were growing incredibly overwhelmed despite tiredness. You could hear your heartbeat rise, the thumps of madness almost draining patience as every second goes by. The hairs on your neck stood with unease, goosebumps appeared against the cold. Something was definitely not right....because Norton was always 5 minutes early to pick you up in the first place.

That axolotl was never late to pick you up, especially when himself always seemed so worried whenever you came home late. He would always say "It's dangerous at night, that applies to everyone. Even if you know how to defend yourself, who knows what others might do with lights barely out," as you always detested on him waiting for your arrival. As of now however, that wasn't exactly the thought that worried you, and having the anxiety threatening to explode, you couldn't wait too long for him to even arrive.

Your hand thrusted inside the coat, phone in hand and yet no word from Campbell. He didn't call, text or anything. But what if he just fell asleep? What if he just took a nap to which he didn't wake up to? It was those possibilities that almost calmed the beating of your heart— but also kept it beating faster. Like a drum it rung in the ears, the soft panting between your chapped lips sending mist of hot air as your feet succumbed into fast movements. Running with worry, you were thankful his apartment wasn't that far. Every exhausting limb were suddenly lighter, as adrenaline kept you from throwing up to the sudden change of pace. Your vision was still adjusting to the nightly sky, but it wasn't like you didn't know the way home, sprinting past several buildings and stores you had always passed.

Arriving at the familiar destination, you shakily rummaged through your bag, restlessly pushing last objects and papers hidden away in search for the key. The sound of jingles caught your attention, the rough edges of the key faced flat on the pads of your hand almost terrified you as the thought of taking too much time was excruciatingly painful. Thrusting the keys into the lock, the twist and turns of the knobs felt nothing more than a quick tilt as you were already bolting towards the suite. Ears tuned and ignoring the footsteps, the sight of the door towards the home gave a little relief— for a brief second.

The wind inside your lungs was suddenly sucked in, the fear that kept gnawing at your soul day and night was suddenly coming to life. You wished you disappeared, to be far away and never seen again. But that would be selfish, and the past was already coming to haunt the very thing you treasured the most. Like a broken vessel, the face of the woman you were told was the person who brought you to this world stood without a trace of pity, the wrinkles just underneath the somber picture of her eyes mercilessly narrowing at the sight. 

"You can't escape your fate. Come home and he'll be free," the woman that was once seen to be so elegant, to have the arms of warmth, now drenched in her true nature. She moved to the side, the man also known as Norton Campbell now tied on the chair with his face almost stilled with a silent malice. You weren't sure if he was feeling this way about your mother- who now has him all tied up and restrained of movements, or you

Shaking you head without hesitation, your fist unconsciously clenched until the knuckles were white and pale, fingernails threatening to pierce the inner palm. "No, I don't want to go with you."

"Why not? Ever since your birth, your father and I fed you, gave you everything without a blink of an eye and showed with love," her lips curved into a deeper frown, "You ungrateful brat! This was for your sake! We arranged the marriage to Mr. Riley so you never had to live a poor life- unlike this man. We nurtured you into a fine woman not-"

You cut her off, tongue seething poison, "You nurtured me to sell me to a man I don't even know! It was never about my own being, it was all for your own ambitions! Don't think I've heard you with father about the agreement. Mother can you not see? Freddie Riley is not a stranger to things like this- he is a scandalous man that slept with another man's wife!" you were close to reaching the limit, eyes burning with fear. What you had said however, were true and everyone at this point knew. But dignity and family didn't belong within the life of business, making anyone a tool for success regardless of blood. To her, you were a pawn at the start, and a one way ticket for expansion.

A strand of hair that matched yours fell over her left side, the neat and tidy style of her locks beginning to fall just like her motherly facade. "If I let you go now, tell me, what do you wish to complete with him?-" she pointed to Norton, finger quickly retracting as he looked up. "You are leeching off this poor man, being a little bother to Mr. Campbell. See? Even here you are a burden, and it seems like he was only financially stable for himself, not you. Be a good girl and come home, where we actually await for your safe return. Nobody will love you like that anyway, might as well have this arrangement continue. "

Dumbstruck, you were hesitant to even answer, as if your tongue was held by her fingers. She knew how her daughter was easily targeted to guilt and the need to make others have what they want, and this was just another way of her manipulation. Yearning to be free from a messy fate, you were trapped in between a block of two options: one obliging to her requests, or keep running away till the very last breath. But it seems like in the end it will all lead to an unfortunate end. 

"That's where you're wrong, Miss."

Like a flicker of light, you were once again brought back to the present, by the sound of his voice. Norton with his slightly droopy eyes blinked from the lady in fine clothes to your own figure, small curve of a smile tempting to unleash despite the terrible position her was forced to sit. "These past two years, there had not been a single day where your daughter was a burden. Since the day she trampled on my doorstep with a soggy wedding gown under the dark of the night, she offered to do many things even if they weren't exactly money. Even when I told her it wasn't necessary, she often cleaned the place, took two jobs just to help out. She always came home exhausted, worrying me more than my own health. But even so...," he glanced to see your face, his cheeks revealing a sprinkle of pink, "..She kept a smile, even if they were not so sincere. She tried so hard to keep me happy, try to repay for something she really didn't need to do...and I love her for that."

In awe, you were beginning to feel rather shy, looking away as it wasn't exactly a good moment to start gushing over flattering things. But it was evident enough that there were in fact, feelings seeping through.

A sigh escaped the woman's lips, finger on the bridge of her nose. It was truly a strange night, as everything became evidently difficult to convince. With a daughter so stubborn to even change her mind, to the stranger who was surprisingly unbothered with the fact she ordered her men to tie him up. But listening, she was almost convinced herself to let the two go without a scratch.

"So...," Norton continued, his irises glowing with focus, "I may have needed to wait a few hundred years, but this time I'll fulfill it, so please...

Marry me."

Like an awakening, a pulse of a dream you had often saw spiraled as you were struck with shock. Face warm and pink, you had never thought of a proposal like this, especially with a situation so deadly, it could've ended this life with no return. Lips curving into a smile, you were tempted to accept, eyes almost burning with tears— that is, if you hadn't remembered who else was in the room.

"Let's run away, just the two of us," Norton struggled from the chair, almost knocking himself out onto the floor.

"This is ridiculous, sweetie do you really want to marry this unbearable man who isn't even—"

"I do, and even without your blessing, I will marry this man regardless of your agreement."

You could see the anger in her eyes, the flick of malice bleeding through the thickness of her foundation. Eyes tearing in rage, her eyeliner began wearing off as her lips pursed with disbelief. Disappointed and turning away, she flicked her hand to the side. This caused the guards to untie Norton down from his position, but it clearly resulted in some bruises around his wrists. You weren't sure if your mother had had change of heart, but either way everything seemed to cool down. Her back was faced to you, the silky gown she wore wrinkled as the woman's fingers clenched the edge.

"May this be out last meeting, as there will be no contact between us from this day onward. If your father finds out about this, you would be hanged....be grateful you love Mr. Campbell, as he will be the last person who will love you again.." and with that the woman that used to be considered as your loving mother waltzed out of the suite, her face to the side as she refused to make eye contact. She didn't wear a scorn like before, the wrinkles that often formed when she grew angry disappeared like ash. With the guards leaving the place also, the silence that once grew of an eerie feeling now replaced with bittersweet.

Left to fall down next to the disheveled man, Norton's hair was still strangely proper as it was before. With a few locks just hovering his eye, your fingertips gently pushed them away, his face finally clear to see with your very own eyes. He looks up to you, still pink and yet his eyes held sincerity and comfort. Had he tried to confess his feelings later on, it wouldn't have made such an impact as it did now with your mother. His hand held your own, as the other entangled with the strands of your hair. "You didn't agree to marry me just because you wanted to get away from your parents....did you?" He looked down, doubt forming as a lump in your chest grew.

"No! I would never use you!" Quickly reassuring the mutual bond, you hadn't realised how bold you had become lately— and he noticed. "I–I...love you t–too much to even hurt the man I agreed to m–marry.." you stuttered, the longer it went on, the harder it became to not collapse under embarrassment. But in a way, supposedly this was a different route between obliging to your parents wishes, or running away till the very end. At least in this one, you weren't alone, and with hands intertwined, perhaps loving someone else wasn't so bad after all.

Despite the lack of context in your dream, Norton's proposal was somewhat familiar in a way. His voice matched with the person in your dreams, the tender sweetness that lingered grew like a lullaby as compassion tuned in your ears. Growing curious, it was almost as if the past came back, a distant memory unlocking from a box deep within your mind. But who knows, you were still living in the moment, and perhaps that was better than having an unfulfilled wish......

A/N: Writer's block isn't very nice ;w; I got stuck on this one shot for weeks and I kinda rushed on this one. Although it does have a near 4k words, I feel like it was a bit too rushed(?). Either way, thank you to those who waited patiently.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.5K 1.3K 14
» || requests: closed || ----- a collection of stories about your favourite characters ;0 ----- disclaimer: i do not own any of the characters nor yo...
189K 3.9K 14
[bnha x male reader one shots] ⋆ started: sept 4, 2019 ⋆ ended: july 13, 2020 ⋆ be warned characters are ooc
7.4K 76 12
Hi hi! This book is basically that it says! I can do Characters x Character And Character x reader! Sorry I discontinued because my other book has...
538K 11.4K 42
Marvel x Reader oneshots, from the Marvel cinematic universe. Fem reader, and male characters, mainly. :) Hope you like them, loves! \( ^ω^ )/ Reque...