Fight for Her

By annesurak

~~~ Ryder's face turned angry as he pushed me back up against a wall. His face hovered inches from mine. I co... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue
Home
I need your help!

Chapter 7

214K 5.9K 2.8K
By annesurak

Chapter 7

Ruby's POV

There was nothing like the feeling of flying. The feeling of adrenaline pumping through your veins as you swing the next punch at the bag. It feels so good.

It had been three days since I last saw Ryder. And that was at his competition. I had to admit, it was getting boring at school without his arrogance and humor. It was like I needed him here as entertainment.

What is going on with me lately?

During lunch, I rode my bike out to Subway to get a sandwich when I heard a scream for help nearby. It sounded like a girl.

I rounded a corner to an alleyway to see a girl about my age cornered by a man. He was trying to kiss her but she refused and he clamped a hand over her mouth to keep from yelling again.

"Hey!" I started to walk to the man. His eyes widened and then looked me up and down shamelessly.

"Let her go," I said, my voice shaking with fear, but also steady with as much confidence as possible.

He chuckled and shook his head. "What're you gonna do about it missy?" he swung for my arms but I ducked away in time and pinned them behind his back.

"Aghhh!" he screeched and then I let go with him tumbling to the pavement. His face was a contorted mixture of confusion and anger.

He lunged at me but I quickly sidestepped, watching amusingly as he ran straight into the wall. When he turned, not only was he mad, but also furious and a little bit deadly looking.

"Hold my sandwich." I said and tossed it to the girl who fumbled with her hands before catching it.

"You shouldn't have done that, missy..." the man raced toward me and before I could do anything, he had me pinned up against the wall.
His yellow teeth showed when he smiled and I could smell his retched, tobacco breath from the close distance. "Well, well, what a beauty you are..." I tried to pry free of his arms but they were pinning me solidly against the brick alley wall.

When his face leaned in slowly inch by inch I turned my face to avoid contact. But right as I was expecting his disgusting lips on mine, a loud thwap was heard from behind him. He yelled in pain and I took the opportunity to lungs at him and kick his stomach repeatedly before he scrambled away.

I looked at the girl who had hit the man with my subway sandwich.

She shrugged. "They don't look deadly, but a footlong's a footlong. And apparently they're packed with 12 inches of knock out bread."

We laughed together and I finally got a good look at her. She had nice auburn colored hair with wisps of a golden yellow in them. She had a set of intelligent eyes that were a light blue and brown.

"I'm Ruby," I stuck out my hand for her to shake and she obligingly took it.

"Ingrid Thatcher. Thank you so much for saving me. Really, it means the world to me."

I smiled and nodded. "You're welcome. I wouldn't let some lunatic get away without a fight."

"Where did you learn how to?" she asked.

"In California, my old home. My dad taught part time and I got really interested. If you want you can come by and-"

She shook her head furiously. "Oh no, I mean, I can't do that. I hate fighting, especially watching it. That's why it took me a while to build up the courage to smack the guy in the head with your sandwich..." she looked down at the smashed lunch in the plastic bag she was carrying. "Sorry about your sandwich." She apologized.

I waved it off. "No problem. Your life was more important anyways. Don't worry about it."

She thanked me and her cellphone rang. Ingrid looked at the caller, listened to the other end, and told me that she had to get home. I waved goodbye and she thanked me over and over again, telling me that if I ever needed a favor, to just come down to Thatcher's Chocolate Shop if I needed anything.

While I was walking home, I saw a few rain drops fall down from the sky. The clouds rolled in quickly and before I knew it, I was running towards the gym with my bag over my head.

It was empty and dark, with only a few lights coming from the back.

I walked in quietly and heard some grunts from the back. When I went over, I saw Ryder punching away furiously at the tall bag.

His back glistened with sweat and his tan, toned body made me feel woozy. His stance was perfect, his aim good, and the muscles in his arms flexed with each throw.

I unfortunately broke away my gaze and studied him for a few more minutes before speaking.

"Mind if I join you?" I asked.

He spun around quickly and his eyes widened at the sight of me. I tried not to let my gaze fall to his tight abdomen and abs, but it was hard to resist.

He smirked.

"Sure," he grinned and I set down my equipment on a nearby bench. I pulled off my shirt and was fully aware of Ryder's gaze on me while I stood in my training bra and athletic leggings. I smirked back and he pulled his gaze back to mine, but he didn't wear the embarrassed look on his face after being caught ogling.

"Why are you here? You have school." I stated.

"So do you." He replied back.

"Touché."

He chuckled and took a long swig of his water. His tanned face was wiped clean of sweat and I stared at his soft brown hair...

"Ruby." He snapped and I jerked back to reality. He was wearing that grin again and I couldn't help but blush. "Did you hear what I said?"

I shook my head no.

"I said that you should compete. From what I've seen so far, you're pretty good. Better than most people, actually, but not better than me."

I scoffed and placed my hands on my hips. "And what makes you think that?"

He took three precise steps closer to me and stopped. "We both know I'm better."

I took a step forward so that I was inches from his face. "Prove it."

•••

Ryder stood across from me in one of the rings, he looked at me with determination and I returned to favor.

"I'll go easy on you. Don't cry." He said.

"More like I'll go easy on you. I don't think you're ready to get beat by a girl. Again."

"What do you mean again-" he started but I took the distraction at the very moment and swung my right leg at his. He harrumphed and wobbled but quickly regained his posture. "Oh, so you like to play like that?" he said.

Ryder swung at my abdomen and hit the center, making me stumble backwards. I was happy that he wasn't scared to fight a girl like most guys were. He treated me just like everyone else and for that I was thankful.

We kept throwing punches and swings, ducking under arms and legs until finally, I took a small fraction of a second to pin him to the ground.

"So you like being on top, huh?" he smirked.

I rolled my eyes and tried to punch his jaw but he blocked my fist with his arm. Then, with much brute force, he flipped us over so that I was now on the bottom with him pressed above me. If I wasn't in so much shock, I might've enjoyed the position.

What?

He smiled and I kept struggling out of his grasp, but he wouldn't budge. He just laid on top of me, smirking victoriously until I finally gave in and relaxed under him.

"You won. There, happy now?" I said breathlessly.

He leaned down further. "Say that Ryder's sexy, irresistible, has a great body, and is the best fighter in the world."

I shook my head.

"Do it Ruby. Or I won't get off."

With a deep sigh, I mumbled out the words. "Ryder is sexy, irresistible, has a great body, and is the best fighter in the world." I said quickly.

"Again, I couldn't hear you." He played.

"Ryder is sexy, irresistible, has a great body, and is the best fighter in the world!" I said loudly, the phrase echoing throughout the entire empty gym.

He laughed and I poked his ribs. "You idiot."

When he looked down, I swallowed. The fight was over, yes, but my heart was beating faster than it ever had before. Ryder's face hovered above mine and he slowly lost his smirk. All that was there were his serious eyes and perfect face.

He leaned in closer and I could smell his breath. It smelled like rain and mint gum.

I was breathing heavily now, my heart pounding harder and harder. His eyes were trained solely on my lips, then wandered back to my eyes.

His lips brushed lightly against mine and I sucked in a breath, my lips tingling.

I suddenly tilted my head sideways and looked away from him. Pushing his body away, I got up hurriedly and stepped out of the ring.

"Where are you going?" he asked, climbing down after me.

"I, uh, I just have to get home. Bye." I grabbed my jacket, pulling it on over me and took my body the hell out of there.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.2K 1.3K 11
Chase is a fucking bastard - Ainsley is a biker bitch extrordinaire. I'm Giving Up! I'm Done! I'm sick of waiting for the only man I've ever wanted...
1.8K 70 18
We reached the hospital and Ryder, still being gentle, jumped out of the car. Zach opened the doors for him and they rushed inside the emergency room...
9.4K 409 36
DO NOT READ THIS ! Seventeen year old Riley Ross who was told to move back to her hometown after her parents get a new job. She's sad to leav...
313 12 13
"You wanna know what I think Ryder..." I mumbled across the room. "What" he said coldly. With tears brimming in my eyes I tryed to hold myself toget...