Between worlds - an Aragorn l...

Par ieatalotofbooks

Alastegiel is the daughter of Saruman. And no he is not a most loving dad. She escapes him and joins the Fell... Plus

Sneak peak
I call him father
Lost and found
The fellowship of the Ring
This is only the beginning
Mines of Moria
So when I do this, magic comes out?
Running a marathon
The journey continues
No control
I see you
Something is starting
Visions
The necklace
It can't be
The battle starts
Helms deep
One last look
The Palantír
Barad-dûr
The final battle
The king and his queen
Aragrorn stories

Family visit

2.3K 61 5
Par ieatalotofbooks

I follow Aragorn into the forest. From time till time he looks back and smiles at me. It is comforting. We run swiftly, trying to cover as much ground as possible. I want them save. The hobbits are grieving with loud sobs and I can see the tears falling from their eyes. Frodo hasn't said anything sinds.

Gimli looks around in the ancient forest of Lothlórien. 'Stay close young hobbits. They say there's a great sorceress live in these woods. An elf-witch of terrible power. All who look upon her fall under her spell and are never seen again'
'Gimli!' He looks at me. 'What lassie?'
'I am a sorceress too remember?' He laughs. 'That is true, you killed the cave troll! I never saw something like that!' He rambles on. I look at Frodo, who looks disoriented. 'Mr Frodo?' Sam asks worried and grabs his friends arm. Frodo snaps out of his daze and smiles at him. 'I am alright Sam. Really' for a moment I see his hand grab the chain of the ring, but he sees me staring and releases the chain. 'But this sorceress is different than our lassie. So!  Here's one dwarf she won't ensnare so easily! I have the eyes of a hawk, and ears of a fox!' Gimli proudly states but suddenly several elf's appear before us, facing us with bow and arrows. We're surrounded and Legolas draws also his own arrow in response, my hand flies at the hilt of my sword. But Aragorn holds his hand up in peace. An Ellon with blond hair steps forward. 'The dwarf breathes so loud, we could have shot him in the dark'
Gimli growls as answer. 'Mae govannen, Legolas Thranduilion' (Welcome Legolas, son of Thranduil.)
'Govannas vín gwennen le, Haldir o Lórien' (Our Fellowship stands in your debt, Haldir of Lórien.) Legolas answers with a polite nod. 'A, Aragorn in Dúnedain istannen le ammen' (Oh, Aragorn of the Dúnedain, you are known to us.) Aragorn bows slightly for Haldir. 'Haldir' he says. 'Man eneth lín?' (What is your name?) Haldir asks me as he steps towards me. 'Alastegiel i eneth nín' (my name is Alastegiel) I answer him politely. He nods.
'So much for the legendary courtesy of the Elves! Speak words we can also understand!' Gimli growls and I chuckle. 'We have not had dealings with the dwarves, since the dark days' Haldir exclaims. 'And do you know what this Dwarf says to that Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!' (I spit upon your grave!) Aragorn slaps his hand on Gimli's shoulder. 'That! was not so courteous!' Haldir turn to Frodo and Sam, ignoring Gimli. 'You bring great evil with you' He pauses. 'You can go no further!'
What?
We all turn to look at Frodo but Aragorn walks to Haldir and starts talking in angrily Sindarin. They step away from us as we sit down and wait.
'Boe ammen veriad lîn. Andelu i ven' (We need your protection. The road is fell!) I hear Aragorn plead and Haldir replies something I can't hear. 'Merin le telim' (I wish that we may come with you.)
Again Haldir speaks so quiet I can't understand him. I look at Legolas but he gives me a look. Also he can't hear the elf talking. 'Henio, aníron boe ammen i dulu lîn!' (Please, understand, we need your support!)
I look at Frodo and Sam. And Merry and Pippin. They all look so sad and broken. 'Aragorn!' Haldir states loudly as they continue to talk in a hushed tone. 'Andelu i ven' (The road is very dangerous.) Aragorn pleads. Again I look at Frodo, he looks uncomfortable. Boromir shares a look with me and makes his way over to the small hobbit. 'Gandalf's death was not in vain. Nor would he have you give up hope You carry a heavy burden Frodo.  Don't carry the weight of the dead' Before the boy can answer, Haldir walks towards him. 'You will follow me'

We all stand and follow the caravan of Elves along a ridge through the golden woods. We come to the end the high ridge. A great glade of trees rises above us. 'Caras Galadhon, the heart of Elvendom on earth. Realm of the Lord Celeborn and of Galadriel, Lady of Light' Haldir says proudly as we look out over the city. We continue climbing a winding way among the great trees and ascend the path until the sun goes down.

As the blue moon shines brightly into the sky we climb a twisting stair about the trunk of a tree. We pass numerous platforms and arrive at a great palace in the trees. It is lit with silvery lights and a curving walkway lies before us, leading up a low stair to an archway. Haldir steps to one side as they descend the stairway. I bow slightly as do the others. The lord and lady of Lothlórien stand before us. Galadriel looks at me and than at Frodo. 'The Enemy knows you have entered here. What hope you had in secrecy is now gone. Nine there are here, yet ten there were, set out from Rivendell. Tell me, where is Gandalf?' Aragorn looks up at Celeborn.
'For I much desire to speak with him. I can no longer see him from afar' Celeborn continues.
'Gandalf the Grey did not pass the borders of this land. He has fallen into shadow' Galadriel says. Aragorn nods slightly as Celeborn turns to Galadriel. 'He was taken by both Shadow and Flame: a Balrog of Morgoth. For we went needlessly into the net of Moria' Legolas exclaim as next to him Gimli bows his head in sadness. 'Needless were none of the deeds of Gandalf in life. We do not yet know his whole purpose' Galadriel turns to Gimli. 'Do not let the great emptiness of Khazad-dûm fill your heart, Gimli, son of Glóin' The dwarf looks up at her words. 'For the world has grown full of peril. And in all lands, love is now mingled with grief' Now it is Boromirs turn to face the lady. He blinks and swallows hard and she stares at him. He looks away in fear.
What did she say to him?
'What now becomes of this Fellowship? Without Gandalf, hope is lost' Celeborn speaks. 'The quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little and it will fail to the ruin of all' Galadriel states.
'Yet hope remains while the company is true' She looks at Sam and smiles. 'Do not let your hearts be troubled. Go now and rest for you are weary with sorrow and much toil. Tonight you will sleep in peace'

'Glass nín lengen cened my niece' (it is my joy to see you) Galadriels voice sounds in my head. 'We shall talk later. But first rest' I smile and nod my head at her words as I follow the others downstairs.
As we are settling down. A beautiful song can be heard.
"A Olórin i yaresse Mentaner i Numeherui Tírien i Rómenóri"
(Olórin who once was Sent by the Lords of the West
To guard the Lands of the East)
"Melme nóren sinanúra ala Eäro" (Our love for this land Is deeper than the deeps Of the sea)
'A lament for Gandalf' Legolas says with sadness. Aragorn is busy sharpening his sword as Gimli is already sleeping beside him. 'What do the day about him?' Merry asks. 'I have not the heart to tell you. For me the grief is still too near' Legolas answers as I pull the grieving princeling into a tight embrace. He is a bit shocked at first but he embraces me to. We listen to the lament as the elves sing beautifully. "Maiaron i Oiosaila, Manan elye etevanne Nórie i malanelye?" (Wisest of all Maiar, What drove you to leave That which you loved?)
"Ilfirin nairelma ullume nucuvalme. Nauva i nauva."
(Yet we will cast all away Rather that submit. What should be shall be.)
I release Legolas as he smiles at me. I look at the others; Boromir is further away from us. Sitting by a tree, his head in his hands. Sam is busy making his bed. 'I bet they don't mention his fireworks. There should be a verse about them' he says as he stands up. 'The finest rockets ever seen, They burst in stars of blue and green' Gimli snores loudly and we all laugh. 'Or after thunder... silver showers...' Aragorn who is annoyed of Gimli, swats his pillow and eliciting a grunt from Gimli what makes us all laugh again. 'Came falling like a rain of flowers' Sam continues as he squats down again. 'Oh, that doesn't do them justice by a long road' From the corner of my eye, I see that Aragorn stands up and walks over to Boromir. I gaze upon the two men.
'Ú-reniathach i amar galen. I reniad lín ne môr, nuithannen' (No more will you wander The green fields of this earth. Your journey has ended in darkness.) The last sentence is song and a silence falls over the woods.

After a time, they are all asleep. Except for Frodo. Galadriel walked by some time ago and he followed her. But now I hear his light footsteps as they hurry over the ground towards his bed. He slips silently under the blankets and says no word.
'Tolo' (Come) she says in my mind and I stand up and follow her up the stairs. I arrive at the platform we first met. 'You look like her' Galadriel says with a sad smile. 'Hannon Le' (Thank you) I say politely. 'You know the story of her?'
'That she was betrothed but loved another. That her brother died and she was attacked by orcs. But that my Father - Saruman wanted her as his own' Her eyes gaze intensely at my own. 'Yes I know that story'
'Good. It pains me to tell it otherwise' She sits down on the stairs and gestures I can sit down next to her. 'And what of your powers?'
'I killed a cave troll. It shoot right out of me. I still don't know how I did it' Galadriel smiles at me. 'If we had the time, I could teach you everything I know'
'But we don't have time.. Frodo has to take the ring to Mordor and we are here to protect him' Galadriel nods. 'Yes you do' She stands up and holds out her hand. 'Tolo' I take her outstretched hand and follow her up the stairs. 'I showed Frodo wat could happen if he doesn't destroy the ring. And Aragorn he is destined to be king'
'But I thought, Legolas told me he turned from that path a long time ago' Galadriel and I arrive at a platform high up the golden trees. 'Yes' She says as i let go of her hand. 'But I saw some things, good things. You have no destiny of your own but his and yours seem to be intertwined with each other. Protect him, protect them all' She turns to me and smiles. 'And your powers grow. You learn how to use them. Just be patience'

After our talk I walk back to the others. They are all fast asleep. I lay down on my bed, staring at the nightly sky and the stars above. 'Are you alright?' His deep voice whispers. 'Yes, we talked'
'Are you wiser?' I chuckle a bit. 'Not much. She said that I learn to control my powers and that i have to protect you all'
'And you are doing great Alastegiel' Aragorn whispers as I turn to face him. His eyes shine in the lights of the sky and for a moment there is no one else but him. 'You too Aragorn' I answer honestly. 'Do not doubt yourself over what happend to Mithrandir. You are a natural leader' His face becomes cloudy. 'I hope you are right' In the light of the stars I grab his hand and squeeze in it. 'I know you are'

They wake us early in the morning and we dress in our fresh washed clothing. For the first time in weeks I feel fresh and clean. 'The lord and lady await you' An elf maiden speaks as she leads us to the staircase. We climb up behind her until we are on the familiar platform. There are standing several elves as well. They seem important. When they see me, the start to whisper. 'Do not give them any of your attention Alastegiel' Legolas softly says and I smile at him in gratitude. Aragorn looks at me and I feel his fingers brush against my hand. Merry, Pippin, Sam and Frodo are standing next to me, looking in awe at everything around them. Meanwhile Gimli and Boromir are looking at the Lord and Lady who are walking down the stairs onto the platform. 'My brave Fellowship, before you depart, we have gifts for you' Several elves step forward holding objects in their hands. Galadriel walks to one of them and takes a bow. 'My gift for you, Legolas, is a bow of the Galadhrim, worthy of the skill of our woodland kin' She smiles and another elf steps forward as she turns to Merry and Pippin. 'These are the daggers of the Noldorin. They have already seen service in war' as she gives the boys both a dagger. 'Do not fear, young Peregrin Took. You will find your courage' Another elf steps forward, holding a rope. 'And for you, Samwise Gamgee: Elven rope, made of hithlain' Galadriel gives the rope to Sam. 'Thank you, my lady' He looks sidelong at the blades held by Merry and Pippin, then looks up hopefully. 'Have you run out of those nice, shiny daggers?'
Oh Sam.
She smiles and turns to Frodo. She hands him a crystalline vessel shaped like a teardrop, filling with a clear water and a shining light. 'Farewell, Frodo Baggins. I give you the light of Eärendil, our most beloved star' She kisses him on the forehead.
Now she stand before me. 'Garo lend vaer my niece. May your path shine brightly in time of danger' (have a good journey) She gives me a beautiful necklaces made out of gold and an orange gem. 'This is for you, to remember our family. It was an heirloom'
'Hannon le' I say, I do nothing else to say. 'It is beautiful' I mutter as Galadriel smiles and moves over to Aragorn. She places her hand on his heart and looks quickly at me and than back at him. 'I have nothing greater to give, than the gift you already bear.' Aragorn looks at her in confusion. 'Time will tell. Keep them save and keep her save' She glances at me. 'But you have your own choice to make, Aragorn to rise above the height of all your fathers since the days of Elendil, or to fall into darkness with all that is left of your kin' There is silence for a moment. Branches shake, a spider web's glimmering strands sway in the wind. Galadriel glances at him, and smiles. 'Namárië." (Farewell.) "Nadath nâ i moe cerich' (There is much you have yet to do) 'Dan...ú-'eveditham, Elessar' (We shall not meet again, Elessar)

It is Gimli's turn. He diverts his eyes downwards. 'And what gift would a Dwarf ask of the Elves?' Galadriel asks him. Gimli grunts. 'Nothing' But suddenly he looks up. 'Except to look upon the Lady of the Galadhrim one last time, for she is more fair than all the jewels beneath the earth' Galadriel giggles and smiles at the dwarf. 'Actually, there was one thing — ah, agh, that's quite impossible. Stupid to ask' he stutters. What he then asks, I can hear it and I know the other elves do too. But out of courtesy I choose not to hear it. Than at last it's is Boromirs turns. 'And for the man of Gondor' Galadriel says and the last elf steps forward. She gives him a golden belt as it was linked golden leaves'
Beautiful!
Boromir is speechless and thanks the lady with a bow.
Now we have our gifts and we make our way to the riverbank.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

61.1K 1.4K 29
『"』𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘨𝘶𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘪𝘮𝘭𝘢𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘴, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘷𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘺 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵�...
137K 3.7K 34
Sara is just a ordinary girl. She has heard of the Lord of the Ring books but never read one. But what happens if she falls into the greatest stories...
12.5K 155 26
What if Aragorn had a longer life? What if he was already married to Arwen? What if they had a daughter? What if she joined the fellowship and fell i...
49.2K 1.6K 49
Eadrid was the daughter of Kings, and a Captain among men. Though she remained fierce, she was determined to be the leader that desired to serve her...