Happily ever hookup. (Book #2)

By LaylaJ2711

***COMPLETE*** Book #2 in the hookup series - MUST READ THE FIRST BOOK in order for this one to make any sor... More

Editing in progress!
1 "You ready for this?"
2 "You've got me"
3 "Latte, Mr Evans?"
4 "I want to get married here"
5 "You're fucking crazy"
6 "There's my girl"
7 "Open your legs"
8 "Why are you laughing?"
9 "Gossip queen"
10 "Buried in the back yard"
11 "Point Taken"
12 "You're not serious?"
13 "So, you're not mad?"
14 "We're taking a break"
15" You okay, Squirt?"
16 "I don't like that man, Karen"
17 "The room is spinning, tell it to stop."
18 "Just go back to New York, Hunter"
19 "Please don't hate me."
20 "I didn't have a life"
21 "Hunter, we're in Paris"
22 "Claire? Who?"
23 "Now?"
24 "To you being naked?"
25 "I think I may need some help"
26 "She's a very colorful girl isnt she?"
27 "She's a very stubborn woman"
28 "He'll know you're here"
29 "Where are you going Emily?"
30 "Special VIPs only from nine"
31 "Why didn't you tell me?"
32 "First I've heard"
33 "Give me a minute"
34 "I was almost there, you dick"
35 "Is that why she's so fat?"
36 "Look after her"
38 "Mr and Mrs Evans!"
Epilogue - "Did you get my burger?"

37 "Just some girl"

9.9K 329 23
By LaylaJ2711

Two weeks later, Tara went into labour, Devon called us in the middle of the night when I had been peacefully dreaming, wrapped up in Hunter's arms.

Apparently she 'wasn't coping too well' which I had to laugh at, I felt sorry for Devon, Tara was hard enough to deal with on a regular day, I dread to think what she would be like in labour.

Christine and Devon are in the delivery room with her, as me and Hunter wait patiently in the waiting area.

Almost two hours have passed since we arrived back from New York which is insane. How long could it possibly take to pop out a couple of kids?

Hunter is a nervous wreck, worried for both his baby nieces and his sister. There's an anxious excitement bubbling in the pit of my stomach. I just want them to be here right now.

"Please, stop pacing," I say and Hunter stops in his tracks. "Everything will be fine."

"Should it take this long? I don't get why they're not here by now." He answers and I shrug. I have no answers for him.

"Hunter, Emily." Christine smiles at us from the doorway, making Hunter rush to her.

"How is she? How're the babies?"

"Tara's fine, one baby is happy and healthy, the other needed a little oxygen but he's going to be okay"

Relief floods through us both instantly then I suddenly realise what Christine said.

"He?"

Christine smiles. "Seems like little Arlo wanted to be a surprise." She laughs running a hand over her face. She looks exhausted and she didn't even do any of the actual labour part. I can't wait to see how Tara looks. Maybe for once in her life, she won't be perfectly prim.

"Arlo? That's what they called him?" Hunter asks.

Christine shrugs. "Apparently, it just came to them."

"It's nice," I say with a wistful smile thinking of all the possible names I could name my very own baby boy.

When or if it even happens.

"It is" Hunter agrees placing an arm around me and tugging me into him, he plants a soft kiss firmly on my forehead probably thinking about the same as I am.

"Tara did good, you should have seen her, she was amazing," Christine informs us with a proud grin. "Devon on the other hand..."

"What did Devon do?" Hunter asks.

Christine bursts into a fit of giggles and I can't help but feel the same amount of joy as her.

"I fainted" Devon interrupts us looking like he's about to die.

Me and Hunter laugh at his expense. He looks so tired, bless him. It's rather amusing. I can't wait for the coming weeks, the sleepless nights and the diaper changes. It's going to be so much fun to watch... Okay so I'm being mean but it'll be amusing none the less.

"You fainted? Fucking hell bro!" Hunter chuckles loudly.

"Alright, alright. Fuck off" Devon rolls his eyes collapsing into a nearby chair. He knows Hunter will never let him live it down.

"Enough of that language, now that the babies are born, they won't be hearing any of that!" Christine admonishes both boys and they actually look guilty.

You wouldn't think one was her grown-up son and the other had just become a dad himself.

"Congratulations Devon," I say as I move out of Hunter's arms and go to hug one of my closest friends. "I'm so happy for you both"

"Thanks, Em." He grins with lazy eyes.

"Congratulations man" Hunter claps him hard on the back making Hunter wince but he grins. "A son and a daughter, that's definitely going to keep you busy."

"We have absolutely nothing for Arlo. Tara went crazy with pink once we found out it was two girls." Devon says humorously. "Baby Emmy is going to be one spoiled little princess."

"Emmy?" I grin instantly. "Where did that come from?"

"Just some girl" he grins cheekily. "No one special" Devon shrugs at me. "How could we not let you influence one of their names? You're one of the reasons they're here after all."

I can't believe they named one of their babies after me. Well not really, but the fact that it's so similar means the world to me. I think It's the highest privilege a person can have. I feel so overwhelmed right now. Tears start to brim my eyes but I swipe them away.

"Yep. If my girl hadn't come to her senses and realised I'm the better man." Hunter jokes earning a punch in the arm from his best friend.

I roll my eyes. "When can we meet them?" I ask eager to meet the twins and give Tara a massive cuddle.

"Tara's sleeping right now, maybe later on today?"

I nod happy with his answer. "Don't worry about Arlo, we'll get some things for him and bring them when we come back." I offer trying to be helpful.

"Thank you, Emily"

"I love you man, I'm proud of you," Hunter says as we get ready to leave. It's ironic that at one point in time, Hunter couldn't stand Devon.

"I love you too" Devon replies giving Hunter the biggest manly hug I've ever seen.

XxxxxxxxX

"Fuck, I'm broody. Are men even capable of being broody?"

Hunter is pulling one of every single item from the rails, there are sleepsuits and vests, trousers, t-shirts, little booties and socks, it's all so adorable but I think Hunter might be going a little overboard. Not that I would tell him that, he looks so happy.

"I think so. I can't wait to meet them."

"Me too. Can you imagine what we're going to be like when it's our baby coming into the world?" Hunter says excitedly.

Strangely, I can't. I guess after everything that's happened I just never thought we would get to this point. Everything seems too calm and quiet. I don't want to jinx myself so I decide not to comment on it.

"Shit Emily, this is going to cost a fortune" Hunter complains but his eyes are so bright and alert that I begin to laugh at him. "Not that I care. Only the best for my nephew."

He picks up some more sleepsuits and I protest. The baby has enough damn sleepsuits to wear a different one every night for at least the next six months, he'll most likely grow out of them before he even has a chance to wear them.

"Hunter, I think we have enough"

Hunter looks carefully at the huge pile of clothes, I can tell he's making a mental checklist to make sure we have everything Tara and Devon could possibly need for baby Arlo.

"Okay, fine." He says seemingly happy with our stash before making our way to the checkouts.

Hunter hands over his credit card while I pack our purchases into bags. When we get to the car, we place it all in the trunk and climb in. Instantly, I strap on my seat belt.

When Hunter climbs in behind the wheel, he smiles at me, his happiness is infectious.

I grin at him.

He starts the car and we drive for a few moments before I turn the radio on, a song blasts loudly through the speakers and I turn it down a notch, listening to the soft lyrics of Ed Sheeran.

It reminds me of our road trip back from New York after our engagement party.

Hunter side-eyes me and I know he's thinking the same.

I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, we're listenin' to our favourite song.

"When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight"

We both burst into song at the same time and start to laugh. We're not the most harmonious of people so It sounds absolutely atrocious, I can guarantee Simon Cowell would be mortified.

"You really love Ed, don't you?" I say jokingly.

"Hey! Ed Sheeran is a lyrical genius, don't hate or I'll kick you out of this car right now." He says looking deadly serious.

"You're a tool" I chuckle and the car comes to a sudden halt. As he pulls over to the side of the road.

"Did you just say you want my tool?" Hunters eyes are full of mischief. "You're welcome to it if that's the case."

I've never been a very bold person. I hate doing anything I'm not comfortable with, even when it comes to Hunter, who I feel a hundred per cent comfy and content around. I hate taking risks and spontaneity but something shocks me with a sudden surge of confidence.

I glance around at our surroundings. We're in the middle of nowhere surrounded by trees.

I take a deep breath, pushing away the fact we could be caught at any moment and remove my seatbelt. Making him shudder in anticipation, I slowly and carefully climb onto his lap.

"What are you doing?" He grins up at me, his eyebrows raising. I can tell he's surprised. Sure we've had sex in a car before but I wasn't the one to instigate it, Hunter just worked his magic and within minutes I was putty in his hands.

"Exactly what you think I'm doing," I say before kissing him hard, his reply getting lost in the kiss.

Next Chapter is the final one!!!

Omg scary times... Don't forget to check out my new story. It's called, Secrets I Tell My Number Neighbour, and it can be found by visiting my profile.

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19 2 25
Hunter and I had known each other since we were children, the best of childhood friends that grew to more the older we got, he was my first kiss, my...
80.8K 1.9K 31
"Get out." A voice suddenly boomed coming down the stairs, Rachel. What is she doing here? I thought Hunter had banished her. "Rachel." I whisper...
40.6K 1K 34
When Emma moved into her father's house she meets the kids from up the street Addie and Hunter, the trio quickly become inseparable and are attached...
94K 2.5K 42
*Book 1 of CEO series* "Am I a villain?" Mr. Martinez probed, pinning me with his intense gaze. "Yes!" He chuckled and instantly he took two large s...