Dynasty Fulfilled

By DestinyKeianna

Breanna, a struggling twenty-one year old from Louisiana, decides to drop everything and moves to Los Angeles... More

Dynasty Fulfilled
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE
CHAPTER SIXTY
CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE
CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO
CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE
CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR
CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE
CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX
CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE
CHAPTER SEVENTY
CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE
CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

475 15 2
By DestinyKeianna

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

A M o m e n t T o

A p p r e c i a t e

Holding a high-waisted denim skirt and an off-the-shoulder yellow flower pattern shirt up to the mirror as I pictured it on my body. I wondered if I'd look good wearing the denim skirt since I haven't worn any before. I placed the shirt back as I decided that I was getting it. Leaving that rack, I walked to the other one with the fitted shirts and flipped through each clothing rack to find a cute shirt that'll look cute with this skirt.

While I was shopping, I felt my cellphone vibrating in my striped flare pants that I changed into also with a white tied knot tee and nude sandals after showering before we headed to the mall. Taking my cellphone from my brown coach purse, I stared at the screen seeing it was Terrell, who was waiting outside with all of my shopping bags in his hands. I laughed a little as I answered the phone because I remembered telling him that I was going to make him hold my bags, but I guess he didn't believe me.

"Hello?" I greeted him, placing my cellphone onto my ear as I continued to browse through the shirts.

"Are you done? I want to go look at the shoes in Nike," Terrell sighed, smacking his teeth shortly afterward as I heard movement in his background. "You needa' come grab these bags,"

"I'll be there," I giggled, hearing the hangup noise making my mouth drop. "I can't believe this dude hung up on me..."

I decided that the skirt wasn't worth it, so I placed it back onto the rack, leaving out of the place. It was crazy that I was feeling paranoid walking empty-handed, but as a black person, I became used to it. I drifted away from the store looking for Terrell as I spotted him on a bench with all my shopping bags in his hands as his face held a frown.

"Sorry," I apologized, taking hold of my bags from him as he remained silent, leaving me as he walked inside of Nike. Since I had so many shopping bags in my hand, I decided to wait for Terrell on the bench. While I waited, my cellphone rings causing me to think that my phone wasn't popping like this before I arrived in LA. As I checked my cellphone, it was no one other than Malik, causing a smile to appear on my face, so I immediately answered the phone, "Malik, hey, how are you?"

"Hey sunshine, I couldn't wait to hear your voice so, I called you now," He replied. "But I'm good, just cutting up some onions to add to my food. How are you?"

Him adding onions to his food had to mean that he was a good cook.

"Hmm, what are you cooking?"

"Smothered and covered chicken with an onion gravy with rice and asparagus," He answered. "Now, what are you doing at the moment?"

"That sounds good," I stated, thinking of all the flavors added together. "But, I'm shopping with Terry, he's in Nike, and I'm just waiting for him,"

"I ain't think you were talking about Terrell. Yall two are very close," He remarked. "But that's cool. When you see Terrell, tell em' he needs to get on 2K so I can beat him real quick."

"Yeah, that's my other half," I smiled, staring into my natural nails polished in clear polish. I wish that I could wear my acrylic nails but it couldn't with the job that I had at the moment. "But will do. If we're still talking, you can invite me over and cook a meal for me,"

"What you mean, if?" He repeated. "I don't plan on staying in this dating stage with you. I'm willing to commit with you and take it another step further. I like you a lot, but I'm also okay with you wanting to be in the dating stage until we become exclusive."

Whew, I loved a guy with this energy.

"I like you a lot too," I admitted, feeling my smile increase every time I said it, "But I don't want to rush anything between us. We're still getting to know one another, and it gets me excited that we're on the same page. I believe in honesty, communication, loyalty, trust, and respect, so as long as we have that, then I'm okay."

"I feel the exact way that you do," Malik conferred. "If you're free for the next weekend, I'm taking you out. It won't be a dinner date but still a date that will keep you excited every time we're together."

I didn't know if I was going to be free since I had to meet with Johnathan and he had some things planned for me, I'm sure of it, but I was going to make some time for Malik.

"I might be, and Malik, it doesn't always have to be us going somewhere and you paying for me," I reminded him. "I like the big things and the little things, so I'm okay with whatever you do, but it doesn't always have to require you buying things for me, okay?"

"Dang, a way of making me wanna' change my plans for us," He chuckled. "But I understand. I'm sure you got other stuff to do so, I'll call you later, sunshine,"

"Okay,"

After hanging up with him, I was in awe. I had to stop myself from falling so quickly, but Malik was making it hard. While I waited on my friend to finish, I was scrolling down my timeline on Instagram. I found Instagram to be a boring app where all you did was like and comment on a post, but it did pay people with advertising and brand deals so, I also didn't see a problem with it.

"I got me two pairs of the 97s," Terrell uttered, causing me to look up at him since I didn't even hear his footsteps. "I can't believe people got the nerve to call these shoes ugly,"

"I agree, and if I liked wearing sneakers, then I'd wear them," I said, standing up from the bench as I slid my cellphone into my purse. "You ready to go, or you want to do more shopping?"

I had to the rental car service still and meet with Johnathan later.

"We could go," He nodded his head, holding his Nike bag of shoes. "I just remembered that I gotta' bring you to that car rental place,"

I stayed silent as we walked away from the store and exited the mall altogether, heading back to the parking lot.

.

.

.

Once I signed the paperwork for the rental, I received the keys and walked outside to my new car for the month. I was going to be riding in a Nissan Sentra only to get by until I was ready to buy myself a car. I opened the car door entering the vehicle as I inserted the keys into the ignition as I liked how the car drove smoothly. Once Terrell pulled out of the parking lot, I followed him to the house as my cellphone began to ring.

I picked it up from my lap, watching the cars as I glanced at the screen that told me that Johnathan Strong was calling me. Since it was still early in the day, I'm sure that his business meeting is over.

I answered the phone, placing it on speaker.

"Hello?" I answered, driving out of the parking lot and onto the road as I headed in the direction of Terrell's home.

"Good afternoon Breanna, I'm calling to let you know that I'm finished with my meeting," He confirmed. "I'm now at my building, and I made sure to let my receptionist know that I'm expecting you for a meeting,"

"Okay, I'll be there in ten,"

I hung up the phone, dialing Terrell's number. As he picked up on the second ring, I reassured him that I had to meet with Johnathan, and he replied while I told him about Malik wanting to play him in 2K that seemed to excite him up before he hung up on me for the second time.

I shook my head, putting on the signal as I had to change directions going to Johnathan's well-known entertainment building named Goldshine Media. It took me a while to get there since I forgot the exact address, but I spotted the big, high-rise building that I couldn't miss. So, I parked and made myself look presentable, stepping out of the car. Although I've been to this building several times before, I still found myself appreciating the details.

Johnathan Strong owned a multi-million dollar popular entertainment business named Goldshine Media in his early thirties as he had the pop culture categories: music, movie, tv, sports, news, people, politics, fashion, clothes, etc. He also dabbled in other establishments to add as his investment like the radio station and other things.

I entered the classy lobby through the glass double doors, taking in the fresh smell of coffee as I stared at the entrance like it was my first time. It was a classy lobby with polished porcelain flooring. It had the colors gold and silver, and there were two huge plants near the receptionist's desk. Also, I noticed the poles constructed in the wall that were silver as there was a seating area in the middle with the cushioned sectional sofa.

I plastered a smile on my face as I walked up to the receptionist's desk as Penny, the receptionist, greeted me with a smile and called Johnathan to let him know that I arrived. It didn't take long for Johnathan to leave out as I followed him into his office. I looked around the office as if it was my first time. It was a large office with pale gray-white painted walls, medium-brown Dakota Walnut flooring, and had cherrywood traditional office furniture.

Once he unbuttoned his suit, he insisted that I sit in one of the matching cushioned cherrywood chairs as I noticed the black portfolio on the cherrywood computer desk.

"So, you have enough photos for your portfolio," He stated, pointing to the portfolio. "But, before you go to the meeting with the talent agency. I'm going to need you to include your best acting reel. Also, be sure to include; your resume of all your past experiences in acting. So, from high school to your college years, and your degrees. Do you have any showreels, meaning a short video of action like a commercial?"

"No, I do not, but I'm sure that I'll get it done," I said.

"Okay, I have written down on this paper the things that you need to do," He explained, opening the portfolio as he picked up a sheet. "It states that you need to include your stage name—wait, are you going to use your stage name?"

I tapped my chin in thought. I loved my name, but what if I was able to change it to something better.

"Well, my full name is Breanna Amor Davidson. I have the initials BAD, which I love..."

"Breanna Amor?" He repeated, lifting a brow as he continued. "Also, make sure you include your affiliations contact information, personal information, work experience, training, and special skills, but since you have neither the affiliations nor the work experience, skip it. For reference, add my name, and you will be taking actors classes that are going to be necessary, and before you say anything, it's needed to help you grow as an actress. Talk to Mr. McKnight about some opportunities that you could do; I'm sure he'll do it,"

It was so much that he declared as I truly appreciated him adding this all onto a paper for me. Now, about the last part, I wasn't sure if Mr. McKnight would be willing to help me out with an opportunity, but I didn't see a problem with asking him.

"Okay, so do you want me to contact a professional reel producer?"

I tried to remember if I had any videos of my acting back in high school or college. I'd have to check online on my old school websites to be sure.

"Yes, I believe it is between $20 to $120," He nodded his head. "I'll be sure to contact the reel producer for you. Also, clear out your social networking sites with your content. For instance, videos of your acting and your pictures from your shoot. You have to look presentable, and lots of people have got discovered on the internet,"

I took in everything he was saying as I knew that this was going to take a while before I make it in Hollywood.

"I understand. I'll complete everything that you told me," I assured him.

"Good, I believe in you," He stated. "Now, there'll be an event happening very soon here in Los Angeles. I'll make sure to have you as my plus one because lots of celebrities will be there, and I'll be sure to send you stylists,"

"What if none of this works out for me?"

"You're In Hollywood, Breanna," He confirmed. "You have to be able to take risks, get rid of your fallback plan because you need to have the mindset of you WILL get your career in Hollywood. You will take classes that I made sure to provide you in that would help you, and since you've been asking about this..."

He stood up, pulling paperwork out of a folder from behind his desk, positioning it in front of me. I looked down at the paperwork realizing it was a contract from him about being my talent agent.

"I'm willing to work with you on your career. We will be business partners," He asserted, holding a pen. "I'll still be your mentor, and I'm not charging you an up-front fee. At my agency, we get paid when you do."

I remained silent, scanning all of the paperwork, being sure to read it through.

"I remember you; wanting to keep the mentorship relationship together," I imparted, staring at the paperwork as I thought about how I was going to word it. "So, are you offering me this contact just in case the talent agent rejects me?"

"Exactly," He snapped his fingers, giving me eye-contact. "This is an option to get you started, but I am sure that you will meet with a talent agent that'll help you start your career,"

"Well, I'm thankful for your help," I emitted, curving my mouth into a smile. "When will the meeting be with the talent agents? I need to add it to my schedule because I'm going to be pretty busy at work from Monday through Friday,"

I had so much to do to get my career started, but I was willing to do anything to make it. Being an assistant was overly tiring and exhausting, but I also couldn't lie about how I was enjoying it because I was learning so much from everyone.

"I'll let you know," He stood up, walking me out of his office. "Please be sure you do all the things that I have provided for you on the paper and find an entertainment lawyer to help you with the contracts, and if you need anything, don't hesitate to give me a call, Breanna,"

"I will. Talk to you soon," I smiled, hugging Johnathan as I walked further into the lobby, seeing the receptionist, who gave me a wave as I exited out of his building.

I moved to my rental car, hitting the button on the car keys as I unlocked the doors and stepped inside the vehicle. Once I shut the door and started the ignition, I decided to give Toya a phone call. Dialing her number, I waited for it to ring as I put on my seatbelt and tapped the steering wheel.

After two rings, Toya answered the phone as I heard music in the background until it turned down.

"Hey, nugget!" Toya greeted in a cheerful tone. "I miss you, girly!"

I laughed at her nickname for me; I don't know how we ended up giving one another the nicknames of Bean and Nugget as we just started to speak to one another, but I adored her and the newfound friendship that we had.

"I miss you too, Bean. How you been?" I giggled, putting the car in park.

"Good girl," She sighed. "I've been working so much. I get booked nearly every day, and I'm happy with my career, but geeessh. Your girl could barely get a break!"

"Awe, I feel for you," I told her, hearing the exhaustion in her voice. "You need to tell your agent that you need a break because you're working too hard. And go have yourself a spa day to relax your tiredness,"

"Mhmm," She mumbled, seeming to think about it. "A spa day does sound so good at this point... When I go down there, maybe we could do that together,"

"Yes, ma'am!" I immediately uttered.

"I know you need it just as I do," She laughed at my quick response before she added. "So, Ms. Davidson, you're finally going to take my advice on getting an agent?"

"Yes, I just started looking for one," I said, moving my gear shift to D so that I could start driving. "I just came in contact with Johnathan Strong, and he's been a huge help during all of this,"

I pulled out of the parking lot and got onto the road, putting my cellphone on speaker as I sat it on my lap.

"Johnathan Strong?" Toya repeated. "The owner of Goldshine Media?"

"Yes, that's him."

"He's very good at what he does," Toya shared. "If I didn't plan on staying in New York, I would've continued to work with him, but I just felt that the agent that I have now is more hands-on, and I'm not saying that Johnathan doesn't do that because he does, it's just the other client thing."

I completely understood what she meant because Johnathan told me before that he had other clients and that our business-relationship would be a partnership where we both would have to do the work together.

"I get what you mean,"

"But he's very professional, has a lot of connections," She added. "Could help you out with the bookings, gets the job done, and is kinda' like a mentor, keeps you motivated. So if you plan on working with him thoroughly, he's the right guy for you."

"I'm happy to hear that," I stated.

"Yes, so about this date you went on...how was it?" Toya questioned. "I know you said that you were going to tell us all together, but I'm so eager to know what happened..."

I laughed at her excitement coming from the phone.

"It was nice,"

"Now, give me the details...please," She whined.

"Okay..." I giggled, feeling my face growing hot while I explained. "Well, he took me to this black-owned restaurant named Harmony's Gourmet and Co, and he was so sweet with holding my hand, taking my chair out, and just giving me compliments. At the table, we were just discussing him admiring me, my dating status, and the few things we wanted to know about one another. It was just the cutest date I've ever been on,"

"Man, I should've waited to hear this because I want to see the look on your face," She awed. "I just know that you got a lopsided smile on your face right now,"

I playfully rolled my eyes as my smile was growing wider and wider as I talked about the date.

"You right, you want me to continue the story or wait..."

"No, no, no, by any means, keep going, girl!" She exclaimed.

"Okay." I continued. "So we were just talking about things that we were grateful for, and I almost cried, girl. Gladly, I managed to get through it without crying. He didn't even try to pressure me, make me keep going, or question me about my relationships. He just moved on to another topic that not only relieved me but it also just made me like him more..."

"I swear I love hearing these kinds of stories about people getting together," She beamed. "I'm sorry for interrupting. Please continue,"

"So...the date was lovely," I replied, turning in the lane as I headed in the direction of Terrell's home. "Our date didn't end at the restaurant. We didn't want it to end, so we were talking about it as a song came on the radio that made everything better because we were singing the song verse by verse without any awkwardness or uncomfortable vibes. We also ended it by going to the park that ended with a kiss..."

"The visuals that I'm getting!" She uttered. "The way I see it, y'all gon' fall in love real soon. I've been knowing Malik for a while since Terrell, and he has been working together and also are friends, but he's a good guy, I swear. Then as I'm getting to know you, yall will be getting married,"

"Your brother said the same thing,"

"We be knowing! It's a McCall thing," She joked. "But seriously. I just think yall will be a good pair."

"I hope so," I voiced, entering the neighborhood of Terrell's. "I haven't liked anyone like this in so long,"

"So adorable," Toya crooned, as a beep was coming from her end. "I wish yall nothing but the best. Breanna, I'll have to call you back. My agent is calling me right now,"

"Okay, talk to you later," I professed, ending the call with her as I made it to Terrell's home, seeing Terrell's vehicle in the driveway. I parked and stepped out of the car, hitting the lock on the keys as I walked to the front door. I turned the knob, as the door was accessible, then I walked inside of the living room, seeing my best friend in the kitchen. "Hey, Terry! I'm back!"

I entered the house and locked the door behind me as I moved into the kitchen.

"Hey, I'm making popcorn and a Lil' snack," Terrell inferred. "I also got the games. You ready for the games, we about to play?"

"Of course," I smirked, looking around the room for my shopping bags. "Is my bags in my room?"

"Yeah, took me a while putting everything in there," He smacked his teeth, turning to look at me. "Don't think just because we friends and all that other stuff—that imma' take it easy on you because I don't play when it comes to Uno,"

"Get outta' here," I frowned, showing my competitive attitude. "I'm the champion of Uno, baby. You, gon' wake up a beast and lose, watch out now,"

I loved playing Uno, and I was going to win this game, no if's or buts about it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 41 15
Star isn't any typical teenager who wants to go to prom, graduate high school, and find their true love. From constantly being tortured, hurt, and di...
2K 124 23
Love brings meaning to life which is a feeling worth dying for like Romeo and Juliet. As for Julien, a cliche romantic gent, he encounters true love...
65 0 15
"Underneath the stars,' delves into the lives of two high school students. Delilah, a shy and introverted girl who prefers the company of books to pe...
484K 14.5K 129
#4 COMING OF AGE ❤️ #5 POPULAR ❤️ "My eyelids flutter open and shut, awakening to the sunlight pouring in through the window. It beams onto the bed...