Anteros: A Tale of Requited L...

By _diamond_crown

The life in Royal Pack of Furesta Negra changes for good when a Lone Wolf enter their lives. (COMPLETE) More

Introduction
The Lone Wolf
Rogue Attack
The Island Prince
Pack Justice
Imrpinting
The Swooning Prince
Dera - The Witch
The Elder King Consort
A Family In the Making
The Mate Expectations
Lily-Of-The-Valley
His Favourite Valet
The Mated Prince
The Sad Prince
The Ninja Prince
The Dam Bursts
The Struggles of Heart
Painful Gifts
Niles Ilyan- Antonakis
Eilam Dussoni- The Rogue Alpha
The Rogue Land
A Home for Rogues
Pack Acceptance
A Mating
Coupley
Egan
Adoption
Meet The In-laws
Found You
Ingram Comes Home
Settling In
Jealousy
A Mating and a Resolution
The Future of Furesta Negra

Found Family

5.9K 297 77
By _diamond_crown

Chapter 27

Kristof rushed to Egan's side as soon as Herbato left. The pup was still asleep. He looked so peaceful as he slept. He moved the hair from the pup's face. Having grown up with parents who loathed his very existence, he can relate to the trauma the pup must have gone through at this age. It is terrible to even think about. He felt a warm, familiar arm around him. He leaned back into Zacchaeus. He turned and met his husband's eyes.

Zacchaeus raised his hand and wiped Kristof's eyes before the tears could fall and pressed a kiss on both his forehead. They sat there silently, in each other's arms as they watched the pup sleep.

--------------------------------

Vasileios felt his heartache as he saw Zephyr who was beaming at him.

"Vas," he beamed. The Hunter Alpha almost smiled. The child has taken to calling him Vas like his family does.

"My Frog Prince. What pray tell are you doing awake at this time of the night?" asked Vasileios. Zephyr sulked.

"No sleep," he said.

Vas stepped forward and sat next to him.

"Who put you to bed?" asked Zephyr.

"I did. He is still awake, is he?" asked Kristof from the door. Zephyr flushed.

"Sorry. No sleep" said Zephyr.

"You could have told me that, pup," said Kristof, ruffling his hair.

"How is Egan?" asked Vasileios as he moved Zephyr's books from his bed and made him lay down.

"He is asleep. Your brother is with him. I just came to check on the pups. You will be here?" asked Kristof.

Vasileios nodded.

"Right. Sleep on time," said Kristof, ruffling his hair and left.

Vasileios smiled as he sat down on the bed next to Zephyr and started reading him a story. Sure enough, the pup was soon asleep. He tucked the kid in and left.

---------------------------------

Once Nikolas calmed down, he noticed Eilam was sulking a bit. He was amused.

"Are you still jealous pup?" asked Nikolas as he entwined their hands on their way back to Pack House. Eilam did not say anything.

"He is a human and wouldn't know how instinctual it would be for you to jump on him in a rage so soon after our mating. That's why I asked you to-

"I know. But I still didn't like that he touched you," said Eilam, grumpy, his arm now wrapped around Nikolas who was looking at his alpha fondly.

"You can mark me all over again," quipped Nikolas. Eilam's nostrils flared. He picked his naughty omega up and ran for the packhouse and straight up to their chambers.

----------------------------------

Niles was silent. Stefanos wrapped his arms around his omega as they sat on their bed.

"Are you okay?" asked Stefanos.

Niles met his eyes.

"My brother could be suffering every moment that I am safe here, blessed with a family- you," said Niles, his voice breaking as he hugged his alpha tight.

"We will leave as soon as the pups are sorted out and we will only return with Ingram if he wishes to accompany us," said Stefanos.

Niles nodded, taking a deep breath, but clinging to his alpha. Stefanos smiled when Niles fell asleep soon after. He laid his omega down and joined him, pulling a thick blanket to cover them. The winter was still a month away but the chill was already setting in.

----------------

Kristof was not surprised when Egan ran to him the next morning as if he was waiting for him to make an appearance.

"Did you miss me?" asked Kristof, carrying him out and picking Zephyr and Callias as they headed for breakfast. All other pups were adopted. No one has asked for Callias despite how bright the child is and they all knew it is because of his age. He is 13 already and most wolves are traditional and want to raise the pups from childhood to form a bond. The pup seems to be taking it in spirit for now. Kristof wanted to have a talk with the pup but for now, that will have to wait.

Zephyr ran over to Vasileios who was in the living room of the royal living quarters. The hunter smiled and picked up Zephyr and nodded to Kristof and Egan before starting a conversation with Callias. Kristof walked over to Zacchaeus who was on the opposite side and sat down next to him with Egan in his arms. The Elder King looked at the pup and Kristof gave a small nod.

"Good morning Egan," said Zacchaeus. The child stilled in his arms, alert. He looked at Zacchaeus as if he can read minds. The kid was confused. After all, no one has called him that name in a year. Does he even remember his name?

"Me," said Egan, the first sound to leave his mouth, his voice cracking from disuse.

"Yes, you," said Zacchaeus. Kristof felt his heart expand as the child spoke.

"Egan? That is a nice name. Why would you hide such a beautiful name?" asked Callias, beaming.

Zephyr clapped.

Zacchaeus carefully watched Egan's expression. He is sure that the pup was scowling at fellow children for their enthusiasm. He tried to talk, the pup, but no sound came out. He looked at Zacchaeus and Kristof as if asking for help.

"You haven't spoken in a long time right. It will take time," said Kristof. Egan nodded looking displeased. A prissy prince, alright and Kristof was absolutely in love. He looked at Zacchaeus and saw the same fondness there.

"We can always do vocal practise. I will help you. You see Ingram stopped talking after witnessing an attack when we were kids. It took him some time, but we did it together," said Niles as he came down with Stefanos.

Niles smiled at Egan who looked at him suspiciously, nose scrunched up.

---------------------------------

Later, Vasileios led Zephyr and Callias out to the practice arena. The kids sat on the side as the practice happened. Niles had Egan in his arms as he walked in with Stefanos and Vasileios gawked. Stefanos snorted.

"Why are you surprised? He had the entire Antonakis family's trust and affection on the first week," said Stefanos. Vasileios nodded. Of course, Niles gained the child's trust. He sat down next to the other two pups who and launched into an eager discussion about fighting techniques.

Callias walked in awe as the practice went on.

"Can I wield a weapon, Alpha Hunter?" asked Callias.

Vasileios looked at him and gave a nod. He turned and called Oviro who walked over.

"Oviro, this is Callias. He is 13 and wishes to wield a weapon. Can you take over?" asked Vasileios.

Oviro nodded in assent and looked at Callias.

"I am the Chief of Warriors. Accompany me," said Oviro. Callias followed excited and with trepidation. They reached a section where many weapons were laid out. Oviro nodded to the table.

"Before you select a weapon, why do you want to wield one?" asked Oviro.

"I want to protect," said Callias firmly. A strong alpha in the making, without a doubt.

"Now you can pick a weapon you want to be an expert in. Remember that, your physique will have to train to handle the weapon. Wielding a weapon requires sacrifices," said Oviro.

Callias nodded and looked at the collection of weapons. As Callias stood looking at the weapons, others were playing close attention to see what he will choose.

Zacchaeus and Kristof who joined the group, Egan already back in Kristof's arms were among the onlookers. Eilam, Nikolas, Zuget, Seragi and Kanse who came with their warriors for the joint training were also watching, amused and curious. Selecting a weapon is the beginning of something new- the making of a soldier, a fighter, a warrior.

"I think he will choose a sword," said Kanse.

"Everyone chooses a sword. But he is not looking at one," said Seragi.

Callias, unaware of all the speculations was looking at each weapon carefully. He wants to be strong. It has always been his wish. He wanted to protect everyone and stop their sufferings. His father was a warrior. He has never seen him. His grandmother regaled the man's legacy for him. The man always used to say that offence is the best course of action to protect, not the defence. He was drawn to the sleek handled battle axe. This is his weapon.

He picked the battle axe, the smallest among them. It was heavy. He then looked at Oviro.

"I want to wield a battle axe. One day I want to master that weapon," said Callias nodding to the biggest battle axe in the set. Oviro might never admit it, but the pup impressed him with his determination alone.

All four royal brothers exchanged a look. The last one to wield a battle axe in their pack had been their father. No one since then.

--------------------------

Kristof watched as Niles gave Egan vocal coaching. They work on the movement of his face muscles along with the healers. Zephyr was on his side. Callias was now very busy with practice every day. The warriors and hunters have taken him in as one of their own, the youngest weapon wielder.

Egan gets crabby after some practice, so it is a gradual process. Once the practice is done, Zephyr left with Niles to watch practice and Kristof carried Egan to the Elder King's office. He looked up as they entered.

Egan walked over to the couch and sat down, a picture book in his hand. They were teaching him to read again as he has lost all progress he had before he was left in the woods.

"I have spoken to Hermatov. He says we can take him to a human councillor. He said he could send one. But in the wake of recent events, I think it would be better if we took him and is present throughout the sessions," said Zacchaeus. Kristof nodded.

Egan looked at him curiously but went back to his picture book. Next day, they drove to the nearest human city. Egan seemed to recognise places and he started getting restless.

"No"

Those were the only words he was repeating constantly.

"No give me back," said Egan, crying.

"We won't. We are not going to give you back. We are just going to meet a person and we will go back home," said Kristof, holding Egan firm. The kid listened and calmed down a bit but he seemed restless.

"I will stop the car. You get in behind with him," said Zacchaeus. Kristof nodded and sat in the back with Egan who was clutching to him like a lifeline.

They met the doctor, an elderly lady by the name Elizbeth. She smiled at Egan.

"I treated Queen Fiona," she said as she sat down on her chair.

On their way back, Egan looked tired.

"Do you want to eat something? Pup looks hungry," said Zacchaeus.

"He does. Let's get something," said Kristof. They got out. Egan refused to get out of the car seat.

"It is just for the food, pup. We are going home then," said Zacchaeus.

He relented and let Zacchaeus carry him to the restaurant. There were free tables and they settled in on a private booth.

Egan was sulking a bit but ate the kid's burger they ordered after refusing to even look at the menu. It was clear that the waiter made him anxious. The psychologist was clear that Egan has selective mutism. It may or may not change, depending on how things turn out. It may not be a genetic one but rather caused by his situations. The child might just have clammed up. They can help him talk. Make him feel comfortable amongst themselves. Make him feel like he will be heard and not scorned.

"Back- Wolves," said Egan after finishing his burger. Both Kristof and Zacchaeus smiled amused. Wolves are Egan's reference to their family.

"Want wolves," said Egan, even more sternly.

"Let's go to the wolves then," said Zacchaeus and lifted Egan who snugly wrapped himself around the Elder King, hiding his head from the world in the crook of his neck. Kristof just looked at them for a moment. Their eyes met and Zacchaeus placed an arm around Kristof as they walked out. Egan reached out and tightened his grip on Kristof.

---------------------

Stefanos paced the palace living room. Nikolas and Eilam sat on another corner with Vasileios. Niles and Marco were deep in conversation with Callias and Zephyr about god know what. Nikolas kept sending suspicious looks in that direction.

"What?" asked Niles, a picture of innocence.

"Why do I feel like you are all planning some prank?" asked Nikolas.

"Because you are paranoid," said Niles.

All three co-conspirators nodded too quickly for Nikolas to trust them. But he gave them the benefit of doubt.

"Alpha, will you stop denting the marble. I can smell them, they are close," said Niles.

Stefanos sighed.

"Brother refused guards. They shouldn't be travelling without following the safety protocol," said Stefanos.

Before they could discuss it, the car stopped outside. Kristof walked in first with Egan in his arms. Niles picked him up and walked away as Kristof told everyone the details.

"Told you we will be fine. The pup would have panicked if we all went together. We had two crisis on the way," said Zacchaeus patting Stefanos.

"I was worried. Sue me," he said scowling at his brother.

"When you were gone, we got a message from the Island Kingdom. They are asking us about the date of our visit," said Stefanos. Zacchaeus looked at Niles who was now whispering to the pups around.

"We cannot delay it any longer. Only moon goddess knows what kind of torture they are putting Ingram through," said Kristof.

"True. As soon as the wedding ceremony is done, we will leave," said Zacchaeus.

"What about the land? If you are leaving who will be in charge?" asked Vasileios.

"Eilam and Nikolas are here," said Zacchaeus. At that Eilam was surprised. To think that the Elder King is willing to entrust him with such a duty in itself is the best praise he can get.

"Do you think the pack will be fine with it?" asked Eilam.

"Oh, they better be," said Nikolas, fiercely. Eilam flushed at that.

"Right, to think that we used to worry about Nikolas," said Vasileios. Eilam threw a pillow at Vasileios, having got comfortable with him over time.

------------------------

Vasileios watched as Callias fought. He was good. Oviro has taken a shine to the pup and is training him well. Zephyr sat in the side, watching. Vasileios went and sat next to the pup.

"What pray tell is going through my frog prince's brain?" asked Vasileios.

"Where will I go?" asked Zephyr. It was a very innocent question but Vasileios's heart went out to the pup.

"Do you remember your parents?" asked Vasileios.

"Mom like a flower," said Zephyr. Obviously for such a young kid, remembering a face after not seeing it for so long would be difficult.

"I was a bad boy. They left –

Vasileios pulled the pup into a firm hug.

"You are the best kid there is. The best boy. Okay? Never let anyone tell you otherwise," said Vasileios holding the child in his arms. Zephyr's eyes were glassy. Vas wiped those small eyes looking at him with all the trust in the world.

"Oh, pup." He said and hugged the child again so that he doesn't see Vas's tears, He took a deep breath.

"Do you want to sit on the wolf?" asked Vasileios.

Zephyr nodded. Vas smiled and turned. Zephyr climbed on top of him and clutched the fur tight. Vas ran around the palace, Zephyr shrieking with laughter.

---------------------

Kristof watched amused as he entered Zacchaeus's office. The pup was curled in a bean bag, going through another picture book, clearly focussed on the task while Zacchaeus was equally focussing on his file. The pup has become as close to Zacchaeus too and refuses to be anywhere but with them for longer durations.

Both looked up when he stepped in and their faces lit up. Kristof snorted.

"Already he is imitating you," said Kristof.

" Is he now? Grace comes naturally," said Zacchaeus, his snobby upbringing showing.

Kristof snorted and picked up the pup.

"Come on, its time for lunch," said Kristof.

Soon the three of them were heading to the dining room.

"I have sent the messenger to the Island Kingdom. We will need guards. I have asked the ally packs to provide us with some guards. We can't take all ours," said Zacchaeus.

"True. That would leave us vulnerable," said Kristof.

"How are our prisoners?" asked Zacchaeus.

"Had them all moved to the Fire Opal Pack dungeons at night. No one suspects a thing and the key with Nikolas. Eilam said Zuget is aware. She will take care of it. We can't afford to leave them here anyway. Someone might just walk in and see them when we are not here," said Kristof.

"We are watching a movie today. Niles picked it and he has roped in Stefanos. Nik and Eilam will be here. Zuget will join with Marco. Vas, Callias and Zeph are a given. What about you Elder King?" asked Kristof.

Zacchaeus huffed.

"Hopefully, it is a child friendly, movie. You said Niles picked it. Should be fine," said Zacchaeus.

"Honestly, the pups are all up to something and Niles is the leader. I am worried. They are murmuring all the time," said Kristof.

Zacchaeus snorted.

"I am sure it is something Nikolas will never forget," said Zacchaeus.

"You think they are planning something for the wedding day?" asked Kristof. That makes sense.

"Could be. I might have overheard them speaking about showering-

"Don't spoil it. I want to see," said Kristof.

"And everyone thinks you are the disciplinarian," said Zacchaeus.

Kristof swatted him.

"No," said Egan taking Kristof's hand. The omega looked at him surprised.

"No hit," he said.

Both the adults looked at the pup.

"It did not hurt. He was just swatting me," said Zacchaeus. Egan gave a small nod.

-----------------------------

Zacchaeus was on the way back to their room. Kristof already left, putting the kids to sleep. He decided to check in on Egan for a moment before leaving. He opened the door gently. He heard sobs. The pup was not on the bed. He smelled him underneath the bed.

Zacchaeus bent down and saw the pup who turned red when he saw Zacchaeus but extended his hands. Zacchaeus picked him up and hitched him on his hip, wiping his eyes.

"What happened?" asked Zacchaeus.

"Scared. No Sleep," said Egan.

"Why didn't you tell Kristof?" asked Zacchaeus.

Egan pouted.

"You want anything from here?" asked Zacchaeus.

Egan grabbed the picture book and they stepped out. Zacchaeus checked on Callias and Zephyr too. Callias was fast asleep and so was Zephyr.

In their room, Kristof was doing the nightly rituals waiting for Zacchaeus to come in. Egan had slept earlier and Vasileios was with Zephyr. Callias sleeps early these days, tired from his long practices.

He turned when their door opened and saw Zacchaeus standing there. And he had Egan on his hip, red-faced and tear strewn, looking a bit ashamed.

"What do we have here?" asked Kristof walking over and picking the pup who was soon wound around him like a vine.

"I was just checking in on the pups. He was sobbing underneath the bed, scared," said Zacchaeus and then walked off to take a towel to freshen up.

Kristof sat with the pup.

"Do you do that every day after I leave?" asked Kristof.

"No. When I wake after you go," said Egan.

"When do you get into the bed?" asked Kristof.

"When light comes," said Egan.

"Is that why you are sleepy sometimes?" asked Kristof.

Egan gave a small nod.

"Why didn't you tell me?" asked Kristof.

"No leave me. I no trouble," said Egan.

"Oh, pup. You are never trouble for us," said Kristof hugging the pup close. He was very much upset that he did not notice what was happening with the pup.

"Are you hungry?" he asked as he went about picking blankets for Egan.

"No," said Egan.

Zacchaeus was out by then.

Kristof looked at his Alpha who gave a small nod and took the pup and went off to wash his face as it was sticky because of the dried tears and snot. He then carried the pup inside and laid him down in their bed. Kristof climbed in and so did Zacchaeus. They were both silent as the pup fell asleep. Kristof leaned back into Zacchaeus who was spooning him, his head tucked above Kristof's.

"I should have known," said Kristof.

"What is the point of worrying about it now? We know now and we will sort it out. Now sleep," said Zacchaeus. Kristof nodded.

---------------

Egan blinked. There was light in the room. He felt warm and safe as he laid there and turned to see his wolves. Both his wolves were sleeping. He patted on Kristof's cheek. The wolf opened his eyes and looked at Egan. He smiled.

"Good morning pup. Did you sleep well?" asked Kristof.

Egan nodded.

"Come on, let's go pee," said Kristof and got up, leading Egan to the toilet and helping him up the closet which is not reachable for him and stepped out. Egan finished up, jumped down, washed his hands and went out to see Kristof brushing. They both brushed.

"Big wolf," said Egan nodding to Zacchaeus still asleep.

"Let him sleep a bit. Must be tired. We will go get some of your clothes and come up," said Kristof and hitched him to his hip before walking over to Zacchaeus's side and pressing a kiss to his forehead. The big wolf opened his eyes. He looked sleepy but smiled at them. He leaned up and kissed on his wolf's cheek. Egan decided that he will do it too and kissed on Kristof's cheek.

The wolf just looked at him with a huge smile. Egan turned to the big wolf and leaned down and kissed on the big wolf's cheek too and he got a massive smile and a hug in return and the big wolf kissed on his hair.

"We will be back after picking a few of his clothes," said Kristof.

Zacchaeus nodded.

--------------------

Zephyr smiled as he padded over to Vas's room. He gently pushed the door open because Alpha Vas said that the door will be open if any of them needed anything. He entered the living room. He was confused for a moment before he saw the door to the bedroom. He saw Vas was asleep. Zephyr climbed up the bed and went closer to Vas and sat down on his chest. Vas opened his eyes.

"Is it a frog on my chest?" asked Vas.

"No. Is me, Zephyr," said Zephyr smiling.

Vas tickled Zephyr who laughed loudly.

"Did you sleep well?" asked Vas.

Zephyr nodded.

"Why are you up this early?" asked Vas checking the time, it was only six.

"Light. There was light," said Zeph.

"Alright. We will sleep a bit more?" asked Vas. Zephyr nodded, curling into Vas's chest already, hugging him tightly. Zephyr felt safe.

Eilam led Nikolas through the pack lands. Nikolas knew the place better, but it was nice to do it together. They met Juano.

"Prince Nikolas," he bowed.

"Juano. I hear you are best friends with my alpha here," said Nikolas.

Juano beamed.

"We are. Your brothers should probably watch out because we are one strong team," quipped Juano.

"Right," snorted Nikolas, entwining his hand with Eilam's as they walked.

"How are your mother and father?" asked Nikolas.

"Oh they are well and before you ask, my siblings send their regards. They are happy for you," said Juano and looked at Eilam.

"Did I tell you, they studied with Prince Nikolas here," said Juano. Eilam nodded.

"Where is Marco and Zug?" asked Juano.

"She lets you butcher her name?" asked Nikolas surprised.

"Well, I never did ask her permission," said Juano.

"She might slice you open, idiot," said Eilam.

"And Marco has found a buddy in Niles and the pups are very busy conspiring. I have no idea what is going on though," said Nikolas.

Eilam was amused.

-------

Seragi watched Callias swing the axe but his arm positioning was not right.

"Pup, hold your hand at the shoulder level," said Seragi stepping in. Oviro was busy on the other side. He helped Callias hold the position.

"Yes, this is better. You need to build upper body strength. The warriors have morning runs and maybe you should join in," said Seragi.

"He probably should but he is still a pup," said Oviro walking over.

"I am 13 you know," said Callias and tried to not sound like he was whining.

"Still a pup and you won't be 13 in another 16 months according to you. But if you want you can join the run. If you feel like you don't want to run, you can back out without issues. No one is going to judge you for it," said Oviro amused, ruffling Callias's hair. All the warriors were discussing how Oviro seemed lighter these days.

"Well, the pup does need to strengthen up. The world is not kind to weakness," said Seragi.

"You are a pessimistic Alpha," said Oviro, arm around Callias's shoulder. Seragi shook his head in mild exasperation.

Once Seragi left, Oviro looked at Callias.

"You seem less focussed and upset about something pup. What happened?" asked Oviro.

Callias shook his head, not wanting to sound like a needy child.

"Go one tell me," said Oviro sitting down and making Callias sit next to him.

"I- I don't know what will happen to me now. I am happy for all the pups who found a home and I know I am too old to be adopted by many but sometimes I wish I had my parents here. I miss them," said Callias. He realised he was crying.

"Pup, you will grow up here. Hell, the royals have practically taken you under their wings. I know nothing will be a substitute to your parents but you will always have family here," said Oviro.

Callias nodded.

"I know. I am being silly," said Callias.

"It is not silly to feel hurt sometimes. It is fine," said Oviro.

-----------------------------

Kristof watched Callias pick at his food. He did notice that the pup seemed upset. But he didn't say anything despite Kristof's attempts to get him to talk. He walked over and sat down next to Callias and took his food. The pup looked at him in surprise.

"Seems like your hands are tired. I will feed you," he said and handfed the pup who ate even the last bit on the plate. Kristof ruffled Callias's hair.

"You should tell us if something is worrying you- talk to anyone you are comfortable with. Not necessarily me. Alright?" asked Kristof. Callias nodded.

"Why sad?" asked Egan imperiously, demanding an answer.

Callias smiled.

"I am not sad, pup. Come on, I will read to you and Zephyr," said Callias and led the two of them away.

They watched as the pups left.

"Perhaps one of us should ask him what he feels about adoption. I don't think he is doing well," said Stefanos.

"We will. Kristof, you ask him," said Zacchaeus. Kristof was surprised but he nodded.

"You should be with me," said Kristof.

Zacchaeus nodded. It was an impulsive decision from both of their part. They did not even discuss it properly.

-------------------------------------

They approached Callias in the evening. Once they presented the idea, the pup looked at them fondly.

"I- I can't believe what I am going to do because I really just wanted someone to adopt me. But, my wolf doesn't think I should agree. I- I understand in a way. You both do want to take in Egan," said Callias.

Both Kristof and Zacchaeus looked at each other.

"Taking you in doesn't mean we can't take in Egan," said Kristof.

"I know. But It doesn't feel right. You know the wolf always knows. You taught me that," said Egan looking at him earnestly, tears in his eyes. Kristof just hugged him tight and Zacchaeus patted his hair.

"You are our family. Nothing will ever change that now," said Zacchaeus. Callias nodded and he hugged Zacchaeus who was surprised but held the pup close.

-----------------

Later when Zacchaeus and Kristof were alone, they just looked at each other.

"The pup showed more maturity than us. We were thinking with our heart and emotions. If his wolf is telling him this is not it, it must be valid. Very valid," said Zacchaeus.

Kristof nodded, leaning against his alpha.

"Did Egan sleep?" asked Zacchaeus. They moved him to their second bedroom for now.

"He did. I kept the door open and asked him to find us if he felt scared," said Zacchaeus.

"What Callias said about- Kristof broke off. Zacchaeus smiled.

"Give me some credit, Kristof. I don't see that pup leaving this palace ever. Well, as long as he wants to stay and I have a breath in my body," said Zacchaeus. Kristof just hugged him tightly.

----------------

Zacchaeus was going through some documents, Egan next to him who was doing some writing exercises. They were teaching him to write. Zephyr was still asleep, having caught a cold. Kristof sat by the sofa, going through a few of the pack documents himself.

There was a knock on the door. It was Oviro.

"Your highness. I have come with a request," said Oviro.

"You don't need introductions with us Oviro, please tell me," said Zacchaeus.

"I would like to take in Callias if the pup is willing," said Oviro.

Kristof and Zacchaeus looked ay each other. They were on their feet.

"Did you talk to Callias about this?" asked Zacchaeus.

"No. I thought I would seek your permission before asking him," said Oviro.

"We asked him if he would like us to adopt him into the family, but he said no. He said it didn't feel right. Maybe this could be why. His wolf already bonded with you," said Kristof.

Zacchaeus nodded.

Oviro was surprised.

"Please ask him. We just want to see the pup and you happy. It is time you moved on in your life," said Zacchaeus.

Oviro gave a small nod and walked out.

------------------
Oviro was not very confident about the pup saying yes now. He rejected the royals. Why would he accept adoption from a commoner like him? Still, he wanted to ask. He saw the pup was busy play fighting with Marco.

"Excuse me, Marco, let me borrow Callias for a moment?" asked Oviro. Marco nodded smiling. Callias followed Oviro, curious.

"Am I not doing good Chief Warrior?" asked Callias. Oviro smiled.

"You are doing well pup. This is something else," said Oviro.

Callias sat down next to Oviro underneath a tree.

"I wanted to ask you if you would agree to me adopting you," said Oviro.

Callias was shocked, in a pleasant way. He just stared speechlessly at Oviro for a moment.

"You really want to?" asked Callias. Oviro nodded.

"Yes," said Callias nodding vigorously, tears in his eyes.

Oviro pulled the pup into a hug. They just sat there for a moment.

"Ah, finally asked the pup. Good for you," said Seragi as he walked by. Callias beamed while Oviro scoffed.

"I know the Elder King and Consort asked you. Are you sure you don't want that?" asked Oviro.

"I love them but no. You do want to adopt me right?" asked Callias, worrying his lips again.

"Yes pup, I do. I just don't want you to resent me later. I am only a warrior," said Oviro.

"I only want a family," said Callias.

-----------------------------

I know you all are waiting for Vas to meet his mate. We will reach there soon, maybe after just another chapter. Please be patient because we do have some things that need to be done before Vas meets his mate. Love you all. Thank you for your response to this story. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

322K 13.2K 60
The story of Link and Max In a world divided by dominants and submissives one wolf is torn in between. Link is the next beta in line for Stormpack...
3.3K 34 3
For those seeking perfection... For those seeking true love... For those seeking revenge...
2.1M 72K 33
Boy x boy x boy werewolf story. The poor omega finally finds his mate, which is a soon to be Alpha of a different pack.
6K 204 32
This wolf has a sweet tooth Just read !