✧ 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 �...

By floraljeansandyou

Summary Tags: KiriBakuDeku, Acting/YouTube/Judo career AU, discussions of abuse and past physical and sexual... More

Character Overtures
Chapter Two: The Live Stream
Chapter Three: The Effect of Spectacles
Chapter Four: The False Maid
Chapter Five: The Clothing Selection
Chapter Six: The Feeling of Touch
Chapter Seven: The Sunlight That Hit Just Right
Chapter Eight: The Reevaluation
Chapter Nine: I Can't Do It
Chapter Ten: What Are You Doing Here?
Chapter Eleven: The Story That Never Happened
Chapter Twelve: The Things We Ignore
Chapter Thirteen: Anxiety
Chapter Fourteen: Changes
Chapter Fifteen: Tunnels and Photos
Chapter Sixteen: Basorexia
Epilogue

Chapter One: The Small Fry Bodyguard

11.2K 470 471
By floraljeansandyou

Katsuki Bakugou

"Shitty Hair, I swear if you mention something about getting a bodyguard, I will string you up to hang." I grit out, as I sit at the dining room table. He had been on my ass about getting a bodyguard ever since I was attacked which was three months ago.

Shitty Hair gives me an exhausted look, and I figured he had finally given up, which was naive on my part. "Babe, just listen to me. I was talking with Kaminari-" I groan, please tell me he wasn't about to quote advice from Pikachu. "I know, I know, but he has a friend who has a friend-"

"Why is this starting to sound like a drug deal?" I interrupt again, powering up my laptop.

"Just listen to me! His friend says that she has a perfect candidate for a bodyguard!"

"Which considering that I don't need one, is pretty useless information. Don't ya think?"

Kirishima frowns, looking disheartened. "Katsuki, you were attacked. Like in the hospital for over a week attacked."

"Yeah, I remember it pretty well, believe it or not." It wasn't something I'd ever forget, I remembered what the air smelled like, the person's pointed shoes, the feeling of bloo-

"You know that's not what I meant," Kirishima sighs, running a hand through his crimson hair. "Just a week. That's all I'm asking. A week of trying this guy out."

I glare at him, but considered taking it up. Not because I felt that I needed it, but because if this argument went on any longer, I'd want to claw his eyes out. So instead, I nod.

"Oh my god! Really?!" Kirishima jumps up and down, clapping his hands like a child, and I fight the urge to flip him off.

He kisses my cheek. "You're the best babe!" He walks into the kitchen, grabs a granola bar and hands it to me. "Make sure to eat 'kay? I'm going to Kaminari's to film a video, and I'll talk to him about it then."

"Yeah, whatever." I grumble out, unwrapping the food bar, and stuffing it in my face. I already regretted my decision, but Shitty Hair was too excited for me to turn the asshole down.

○●○●○●○●

Izuku Midoriya

"Midoriya! I have amazing news!" Ochaco bursts into my room, not bothering to knock. She had been my roommate for barely a month after breaking up with her boyfriend, Iida, by coming out as a lesbian, but had definitely become more than comfortable around me.

"What is it?" I mumble out, rubbing my eyes.

"Were you sleeping?" She asks, her excitement halting.

"Maybe." I answer, not wanting to get lectured about how it was ten thirty and I needed to 'enjoy the fresh air'.

She rolls her eyes. "We'll address that later. My friend has a job offer for you!"

I groan. "I'm guessing it's for being a bodyguard."

"Yup! But that's not all! It's for Bakugou Katsuki!" She said the name as if it should mean something, but either I'm drawing a blank, or I have no idea who she's talking about. Considering that up until a few months ago all I cared about was Judo, I was guessing the latter.

"Who's that? Is he a CEO or something?"

Uraraka facepalms. "You're hopeless. Remember the movie 'Ground Zero' we watched a year or so ago?"

I think back on it, my memory straining to recall it. "That movie was the worst, the fight scenes were so slow, and the-"

Uraraka interrupts me. "Well, Bakugou Katsuki was the hero Ground Zero in that."

My face lights up. "Oh! I know who your talking about! The cute blonde one right? With the red eyes?"

"Yes, the one that caused you to go into gay panic through the whole movie."

Now, I remembered, I had actually enjoyed the movie and was able to ignore the shitty fighting scenes because the main actor had been really good.

"So, he wants me as a bodyguard?" I question, reluctant. I had figured no one would actually take Uraraka up on the proposition, considering I wasn't exactly the picture of threatening.

"Yes! And you'll be heading over there tomorrow, at eight in the morning."

I choked. "T-tomorrow?"

She nods vigorously.

I shake my head, and pull the blankets over my head. "Nope. I'm out."

She stomps over to me and grabs the blankets straight off the bed. "Midoriya Izuku. You're going to get your ass out of bed and do something." She scolds.

I give her a death stare. "Fine."

She drops the quilts on top of my head. "Yay! Now, I'm going out to get ready for my date with Tsu. See you later!" She leaves the room, shutting the door behind her, and I push the comforter off of me. Staring at the ceiling, before grabbing my phone and hitting messenger.

Todoroki, I think I'm dying.

'What's happening now Midoriya?'

My life is over, I've been sold to a prestigious actor, and now must protect him with my life.

'Uraraka found a job opportunity I'm guessing?'

T-T. I'm going to flee the country and run to Canada.

'Is your passport still up to date?'

... Probably.

'Good luck with that.'

Do you have no sympathy or respect for your former comrade? Seems like someone isn't following the principles of Judo.

'You're not doing Judo anymore.'

Just because I'm not competing anymore, doesn't mean I've given it up.

I don't get a response from that, Todoroki was still pissed at me for leaving, apparently I was the only 'worthy' opponent available. Which would be a compliment, except for Todoroki was convinced that my talent came from being secretly related to Isao Okano, a famous legend among the Judo community, that I was without a doubt, not related to.

I groan dramatically, before getting up and brushing my teeth, dreading what tomorrow was going to bring.

The Following Day _____

"C'mon Izuku! You've got this!" I drum the steering wheel of my Toyota, I was parked in front of Bakugou Katsuki's home, currently giving myself a pep talk. With a huff of air, I jump out of the car slamming the door behind me, trying not to notice just how big this house was.

I walk up to the doorway, trying to appear like I knew what the fuck I was doing. I ring the doorbell, and could tell it was one with a camera installed into it, which only made me more nervous.

The white door opens and I'm greeted by Bakugou Katsuki, which gave me a full out panic attack.

The blonde sneers at me, and then turns his head. "Shitty Hair! Are you doing some sort of lameass collab again?"

"Huh? What are you talking about?" A voice calls, and then there were two. Two males who were undeniably hot, and several inches taller than me.

"Oh! You're Midoriya Izuku, right? We talked on the phone last night. I'm Kirishima Eijiro." The red head says, and I bow my head in respect.

"Nice to meet you in person." I say, my voice surprisingly steady.

Bakugou folds his arms, his eyes narrowed. "Who the fuck is this?"

Shit, I was going to die, Olympic Judoka or not, I was going to die.

"I'm Midoriya Izuku, your bodyguard." I state, bowing once again.

"You've got to be kidding me." Bakugou growls in disbelief. "This small fry? I could take him out in seconds."

Well, he was kind of an ass, I note, already analyzing his weaknesses, and which foot he put the most weight on.

"Despite my appearance, I am actually qualified for this position." I bite out, trying not to sound rude.

Bakugou scoffs. "What? You took a karate class in primary-" Kirishima covers his mouth, and smiles at me.

"We're just interested in what you did before coming here." He chuckles out, looking almost as nervous as I felt.

"I was a silver medalist for Judo in the Olympics. While I have not personally been a guard for someone before, I assure you, your safety will be protected." No guarantees that I won't bite your head off though.

Kirishima removes his hand from Bakugou's mouth, look surprised. Did they not even look into who they were hiring?

Bakugou isn't as convinced, but he grumbles some sort of apology.

"Why don't you come inside?" Kirishima asks me.

I comply, and walk in. The home was oddly neat, but barren as hell. Kirishima gestures for me to sit at the dining room table, and hands me a glass of water. Bakugou sits across from me, not exactly glaring but not exactly giving me a friendly look either.

"I'm going to make us some food. Why don't you guys talk for a bit?" Kirishima walks into the kitchen, while I silently screamed for him not to leave me.

I take a deep breath, and pull out a notebook from the bag I had brought with me, along with a pen.

"Okay, so I'll need to know when you would like me to work, and what you'll expect me to do as your bodyguard."

Bakugou just keeps staring at me, like I was a puzzle he couldn't figure out.

"Take a picture, it lasts longer." I slap a hand over my mouth. Shit, shit, shit! I hadn't meant to say that! "S-sorry! That just slipped out, I didn't mean it like that! Or I kind of did, but-" I trail off, and Bakugou smirks, he was kind of cute when he- Shut it Izu!

"Listen up, stupid nerd-" Stupid nerd? That insult doesn't even make sense. "I didn't want a bodyguard, and I don't want one now, but Shitty Hair insisted so here we are. I'll expect you to be here at eight am and to stay til four pm. Got it? Shitty Hair already discussed salary with you, correct?"

I nod, it was generous for sure, part of the reason I hadn't fled the scene as soon as Bakugou had answered the door.

"Then, we're done. Can you start today?"

I nod again.

"Then we only have to address one more matter." He say, finally appearing professional.

"And that is...?"

"I want to see what you can do for myself, so after this, I want you to fight me."

I gape at him. "I don't understand, are you capable of fighting?"

"Not particularly, but I am several inches taller than you and have had to learn the basics from acting, so it gives me a good idea." He muses, pulling out his phone.

Well shit.

_____

"Bakugou-sama are you sure about this? We really don't have to-" I ramble out as we walked into a make shift gym.

"Just shut up and fight me, nerd."

We bow to each other, and he comes at me quickly, his left arm swinging out to clip me in the face, but I grab the sleeve of his hoodie, and then whirl around, using his arm to throw him over my back and onto the ground. Normally, in a match, that would be considered an Ippon, which essentially means an instant win, but since I doubted Bakugou knew that, I wrapped my legs around his torso and pinned his arm to the ground. The whole ordeal happened in a matter of three seconds and I could hear Kirishima shouting, 'holy shit babe! Midoriya kicked your ass!'

Bakugou tapped on the ground repeatedly and I released him, standing up, and I realized that I was kind of rough with him. I had gone into what Uraraka called, 'Full On Badass' mode.

"S-sorry! I didn't mean to throw you so hard!" I stutter out, I bend down and help him stand.

I expected him to start shouting, but he turns to Kirishima. "Fine, I'll try him out."

○●○●○●○●

Author

Hope you liked!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71K 2.6K 26
Eijiro Kirishima was a bloody thirsty fighter, he used to beat others or even kill around on clandestine fight clubs until a certain blond haired boy...
296 12 2
Yea, you read that right. BakuDeku fics for the win I love Angst and Pain feel free to make suggestions and I'll try to roll with it This series...
2K 23 15
Midoriya Izuku never said a thing about Bakugo Katsuki's bullying. It was growing inside him, and eventually, it exploded. Bakugo's attitude towards...
12.8K 379 13
Izuku hates pranks. He's hated them ever since middle school. But what happens when his class is the one pulling the strings? The class decides to pl...