Broken But Yours

By Gujiya

What happens when your feelings and thoughts don't agree? You feel like there's a battle happening inside you... More

1. Hate at first gaze
2. First meeting, potential last meeting
3. Beast and his beauty
4. Shattered, completely!
5. Three years later...
6. Time to leave this place
7. He is cruel
8. Mr. Don't Mimic Me, Again!
9. He needs to put a pillow
10. His anger
12.One hell of a night-II
13. His mood swings
14. Strictly Professional
15. Childhood Sweethearts
16. Not yet, Ms. Milburn!
17. Wait, what?
18. Yes, I did.
19. No, I didn't.
20. Us?
21. Fairy lights and him
22. Mr. Jealous Uncle
23. His Past
24. New Beginning
25. Jealous Boyfriends
26.Gift For Him
27. The Turning Point
28. Heartbreaks
29. Screwed Big Time
30. Arrogant Ex-Boss
31. Failed first attempt
32. Skiing Mishap
33. Efforts after Efforts
34. Broken But Yours
35. Broken But Yours Meets His Unwanted Desire
36. Let's Begin (Final)
Hey there!

11. One hell of a night-I

24.1K 875 148
By Gujiya

Amber's P.O.V.:

It was the evening of the next day. I was lazily scrolling through my Instagram on my phone and randomly double-tapping on the photos of my friends. People were enjoying their weekend in the best ways possible but I didn't envy them at all because whatever happened last night was enough of an excitement aka adventure for me for the entire weekend. I wasn't in the mood to do anything exciting anymore.

I remember how sleepless I was last night. I didn't even get much sleep. My mind visited the kiss from the club time and again. I tried doing midnight meditation, inhaling and exhaling deeply multiple times, I danced on 'all the single' ladies for god knows how long in the middle of the night but sleep wasn't in my favor. Not at all.

I mean what is wrong with me and most importantly, what is wrong with Chris?

He cleared it out three years ago already that he has no feelings for me and will never accept my feelings for him then why in the world is he doing all this?

I swear, Chris is gonna take me down to a mental asylum someday if he's gonna keep doing stuffs like that.

And what's with him getting furious everytime a guy touches me or comes closer to me?

And Paul even isn't straight guy for heaven's sake.

I need to ask Chris to either explain to me everything or simply let of this behaviour of his.

Yeah, right. As if you've got the gut to speak in front of him. Have you already forgotten how you went to ask him about the employees swapping matter and ended up handing him your diet plan to get it signed. You don't seem to be you when you are in front of him. My conscience mocked.

Okay, fine. But that was just one time.

And what about the time when you embarrassed yourself in front of him in the elevator. Put a pillow on your chest? Who says that to her boss? My conscience mocked again.

That was because I wasn't thinking much. I mean because I was thinking way too much that I didn't realize I was blurting out those words loudly. I reasoned.

Yeah, keep saying that to yourself, Amber. My conscience taunted.

How much I deny it but the truth is that he still has the same effect on me as he had three years ago. I can't seem to control myself and my emotions when I am in front of him. It's like I go from stage 1 of normal level to the stage 100 of the abnormality.

God! I am such a mess and he is such a silent hottie. And eyes are too sexy to be real. And his broad chest...he's a fitness junkie. I wish I could move my hands over his well toned abs and rock-like hard chest.

What's wrong with you, Amber? You're getting horny already. My conscience questioned.

Urgghhhhhhh! I shook my head rigorously to get these thoughts out of my head.

"Thinking about your future babies with Mr. Collins?" Adelaide asked as she sat beside me on the sofa.

"What? Where did that come from?" I asked, looking at her in amaze.

"You've been thinking about him all the time." she said as if stating an obvious fact.

"How do you know that I have been thinking about him?" I asked, surprised.

"Amber, haven't you noticed yet that everytime you're in your deep thoughts, you speak out your thoughts loudly. " she said, looking at me.

What the hell! How did I not notice that thing about me ever? And why did no one ever told me about it?

Maybe because you've never been in thoughts as deep as Chris' thoughts before? My conscience spoke.

I am definitely a mess. A huge mess!

This is so embarrassing! I hope I have never blurted out much of my thoughts in front of him in his cabin.

God! Nothing can be as embarrassing as this.

"Anyways, coming back to the topic...were thinking about your future babies with Mr. Collins?" she asked, teasingly.

"No! Shut up, Ade." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Amber, just imagine how freakingly gorgeous your babies with Mr. Collins would be. You guys could make amazingly hot babies. I want to get my future daughter to marry your son already." Adelaide said dreamily.

"Ade, I think you're still on the influence of alcohol. Because whatever you're saying is making no sense." I said, as I threw a cushion at her and walked to the kitchen to drink water.

Hearing about having babies to Chris has literally played with hormones. My face was getting warm and red.

Having babies with him?

Amber! What are you thinking? I shook my head several times to get rid of these kinds of deadly thoughts.

"By the way, Amber, I am going out. My cousins are in town. I might be late tonight." Adelaide said as she came and kissed on my cheek. She then went out of the apartment.

I spent a couple of hours doing nothing. When my stomach grumbled reminding me that I was hungry, I pulled myself from the couch and walked towards the kitchen to eat something but I couldn't find anything enticing to eat so I decided to go out and buy few snacks and dinner for tonight. I would be eating alone as Adelaide won't be back until after midnight.

I put on a white top and dark blue jeans. I didn't care to make my hair and left it as it was. I took my wallet and went out of the apartment. It has been a week since I have come here but haven't even got the chance to take a mini tour of this place so I decided to go to a nearby mall.

I entered the mall. It was one of the biggest malls in the city. I roamed around. There were a lot of good stuffs that were too tantalizing. But I controlled myself as I knew I would regret after buying them which would be of no use for me because I get bored with things too quickly. I don't like spending money on things which are of no use for me in the long term. But I knew where I could spend my money without any guilt or regret in my heart. I hurried towards the food court of the mall and bought myself chicken sausage sticks and took a table nearby. I dipped chicken sausage into the chilly sauce and started taking bites and devouring each and every bite of it.

I bought few dishes for my dinner and got them packed properly. I took the carry bag containing my dinner from the restaurant and walked out of the mall.

On the way, I saw an ice-cream stall and I knew exactly where I was heading to next. Without wasting anymore time, I walked towards the stall and got myself two scoops of vanilla and chocolate ice cream.

Ice cream and chicken sausages can always lighten up my mood no matter how bad my mood is.

I was licking on my ice cream and walking holding the carry bag of food in my other hand when suddenly I was pushed which made my dinner and ice cream fall on the ground.

I looked up angrily at the person only to find a girl of around my age standing in front of me with tears in her eyes. She looked frightened and was looking at me timidly. She seemed to be running from someone.

"Please help me! Those goons will not leave me today." she said, desperately holding my hands.

"What happened? Which goons?" I asked as I looked around. I could see a group of goons standing at a distance from us and searching here there for someone frantically.

"Are they the goons you're talking about?" I asked, pointing my fingers towards them.

She looked there and nodded her head frantically.

"Don't worry! Come with me." I said as I held her by her wrist tightly and pulled her with me towards a car which was parked by the road and hid behind it.

"Don't be afraid. They won't see us here." I said as I consoled her when I noticed that she was on the verge of crying.

She nodded her head slowly.

We sat there for god knows how long. We were trying our best not to produce any sound.

"What are you doing here?" I heard a strong voice. It made us startle and we stood up abruptly screaming our lungs out.

"AAAhhhhhhhhhhh!" we screamed.

We looked at the men standing in front of us. I was shocked to see Chris standing in front of us with a man of around his age. They both were looking at us as if we had grown horns on our heads. Chris had his arms crossed over his chest with his brow raised.

"Sir, you're here?" I asked, not expecting him to be here at this time.

"You know him?"

"You know her?"

We heard the man standing beside him and the girl standing beside me asking us, in surprise.

"He is my boss."

"She's my assistant." We both replied almost at the same time.

"Why were you guys hiding behind my car?" his friend asked.

Before we could reply, we heard a loud voice.

"She's here." Hearing the voice, we turned around. We saw the same group of goons coming towards us.

"Please help me. They will not leave me this time." the girl said as she hid behind me, timidly, clutching onto my arm.

"Don't worry, they won't be able to do anything." I said as I looked at Chris, confidently with wide smile showing all of my 32 teeth.

Now no goon can even lay a finger on us.

He looked at the goons with bored eyes.

"It's useless hiding behind your friend, little girl. Be a good girl and come to us already. You shouldn't have messed with a bad guy like me." one of the goons who looked like their leader spoke, looking at the girl behind me, with an evil smirk.

They started advancing towards us.

"Don't come near us or you'll regret, Mister bad guy!" I said, mockingly.

"I like your attitude, darling. Now I need both of you. Me and my boys will enjoy you both tonight." he said, lustfully.

"Want us? huh?Then come on and try your luck. And don't think we're alone. Can you see these two bodybuilders kinda guys? Yes, them! They will kick your asses." I said pointing my finger towards Chris and his friend who were standing at a distance from us. They both were looking at me in confusion as if I was speaking some foreign language. They both were looking at me with a expression which read 'Are you kidding with us?' but I ignored it.

The leader looked at me and then at Chris and his friend.

"They are two chocolate boys. What will they be able to do with me and my boys?" he spoke, giving a chuckle.

I held the girl's hand and ran towards Chris and his friend. We then hid behind Chris' huge body.

"That you will see in a few moments. If you love your life then back-off already before he loses his temper. Don't you even dare to touch us or he will kill you. He is very dangerous guy to mess with, okay." I said poking on Chris' stomach without even realizing what I was doing.

Chris turned his head and looked down at my finger on his stomach and then at me as if I was an alien.

"Are you drunk right now, Ms. Milburn?" he asked, raising his eye brows.

'Please help!' I lip synced looking at him. He rolled his eyes and shook his head lightly.

"Really? So confident about him? What will he do to me?" He said, looking at Chris.

"Don't underestimate him. He will kill you if you enrage him. So don't dare to anything." I said as I walked in front of them, inviting them for a fight.

Be ready to get your nose fractured, bad guy! I thought to myself and giggled.

I looked back at Chris, but he didn't seem to be much interested to fight tonight.

What the hell! Why isn't he getting prepared? 

I think I went over board with a the whole 'come on fight me!' spirit.

"Then, I need to show you how daring I am." the leader said, smirking evilly. He walked towards us like a predator.

I again looked back at Chris to confirm to see if he was now getting prepared but nuh-uh, still Mr. Don't Mimic me wasn't in the mood. 

Now I was getting really nervous. 

"Listen, Mr. whatever your name is, you know...I was...I was just kidding. You don't need to get so serious, you see." I said, making a cute face thinking that it would change the giant guy's mind. But I think I already have lost my chance of negotiating out of this situation. 

My hands were sweating and I could see the girl freaking out standing beside me.

I was mentally preparing myself for a punch and a slap. Because there wasn't any backing out now. Anyhow, I was determined that I wouldn't give up easily. I will kick his balls if I had to but would not accept defeat.

"Listen, I am going to challenge them to fight me because I don't think if my boss is going to do anything. So, as soon as I speak, you need to grab my hands and say loudly, 'Leave them, Amber.' as if you're convincing me to spare their life. They should feel scared of me, okay?" I whispered in the girl's ear. She nodded her head slowly. She seemed to have no confidence in my master-plan. But can't blame her, even I didn't have much confidence in my plan but I' have to give it a shot.

I had used this technique against one of my bullies back in middle-school. And it worked. So, yeah...fingers crossed!

I am not one of those who gives up so easily. I don't accept defeat. I will fight until my last bone is fractured. 

There was not much distance left in between the leader and us. I started rolling my sleeves being prepared to either give or receive a punch.

Today either it's him or me!

"Be ready, okay?" I whispered the girl to which she nodded ready to hold my hands.

"Let's see who dares to touch her!" suddenly, Chris spoke in a low and cold voice.

Wow, finally he got back his tongue. I thought he was just going to stand there and watch me getting my eyes swollen and bones fractured.

The girl and I turned our heads back to see to make sure if it was really Chris. 

There seemed to be a slight smile in his eyes, but that smile was enough to make one shiver from the depths of one's bones. One could not help but want to take three steps back.

I turned back to face the leader.

"Mister bad guy, you seem to be extremely lucky tonight that he's going to deal with you and not me. Otherwise, you would have been dead by now." I said, standing on my toes so that I could match the leader's height and look into his eyes but it didn't seem to work as he was about half a feet taller than me. The girl beside me giggled listening to my statement.

No one can mess with me when Chris is around. The fan-girl inside me thought and giggled.

Suddenly, I was pulled and realized that I was out of the way since now Chris and his friend were standing in between the goons and us.

"Young lad, if you love your life then back out already. We don't have any issue with you guys. We only want that little girl and her friend who is protecting her." the leader spoke trying to sound courageous but we all could see that he was trembling in fear and would pee his pants any moment.

"You want them?" Chris asked slowly in a calm voice.

The leader nodded his head, timidly.

"Fine! Take them." he replied. Then he and his friend literally moved aside.

We looked at them in shock.

What?

Is he out of his mind?

How can he just say that?

If he didn't want to help then he shouldn't have spoken anything at all. I already had my plan ready to be implemented but he had to come and ruin everything. I looked at him furiously.

I could see his friend looking at the scene with a smile on his face.

What's with that smile?

The leader finally released the breathe which he was holding and smirked. He then took slow steps towards us. Chris had already walked away from us.

"You're such a heartless person, Chris. How can you leave us like this?" I asked, looking at him in rage but my words seem to pass over his head.

"Your hero is already afraid of me, darling! Now don't be difficult. Just come to me already. I will give the best night of your life." the leader said, evilly as he walked towards us and forwarded his hands towards us.

"Stay away, you jerk!" I said as we took few steps backwards.

His hands were about to touch me when suddenly, they were held by Chris and was pulled away from me.

The leader landed on the road and was now growling in pain.

A punch landed on the leader's face and it didn't take any more punches for his blood coming from the side of his mouth.

The other goons came running towards Chris and tried their best to even land a single punch on him but they all failed miserably as Chris dodged down and started beating them black and blue.

"Is he a mafia boss?" the girl asked with her eyes wide open in shock.

"What makes you think that?" I asked, turning my head towards her.

"He is fighting like one. It's difficult to believe that he is a businessman and not a mafia don." she said, looking at his fighting skill.

I chuckled lightly.

"He is not any mafia don. He is just good at fighting. By the way, we've known each other for half an hour now and I don't even know your name. What's your name?" I asked, with a smile.

"It's Jade Hopkins." she replied, extending her hand for a handshake as she gave a genuine smile.

Jade Hopkins:

"Hi, I am Amber Milburn." I said, accepting her hand. Suddenly, one of the goons came and held our hands and started dragging us. But, fortunately, Chris' friend came and saved us and beat shit out of that guy. I almost forgot that there was a fight going on around me. 

"Can never understand you women. We are in such a dangerous situation right now and you girls are busy gossiping." he said as he rolled his eyes and twisted the goon's arm and kicked him on the butt. The goon fell on the ground.

Jade and I looked at him, embarrassed.

He then went to Chris and helped him get rid of other goons.

After few minutes, the goons ran away from there trying to save their remaining bones from getting fractured.

Chris and his friend walked towards us as they bumped their fists with each other for winning the fight against those goons.

They looked nothing less than action heroes straight out of a Hollywood action flick.

My eyes were focused on Chris as he was looking so hot and sexy in his casual grey V-neck loose t-shirt and a pair of black jeans. And his blue eyes looked so charming. I could drown myself in those pair of eyes.

Amber, don't go on that track again. My conscience warned.

But he looks so sexy. I wish I could just touch his broad chest once. And not to mention how enticing his abs look from over his t-shirt. I want to feel those abs.

"Seriously?" I heard a voice. It dragged me out of my thoughts. Chris' friend had asked this question and was looking at me with an amused smile on his face whereas Chris was standing in front of me, looking at me with a 'you are hopeless' look.

"Did I blurt few of the random things just now?" I asked slowly to Jade who was standing beside me.

"Yes." she replied, with an awkward smile.

I closed my eyes tightly in embarrassment. It would have been better if those goons had taken me away with them.

Good job, Amber! My conscience mocked.

I opened my eyes slowly and smiled awkwardly looking at Chris and his friend.

"Why were those idiots following you, Ms. Milburn? Answer me!" Chris asked in a raised voice.

Jade and I were startled by the loudness of his voice.

"Don't worry. It's his normal self." I assured Jade as I slowly patted on her hands. I looked up at Chris.

"They weren't after me. They wanted her." I said as I pointed my finger towards Jade.

"And who the hell is she?" he asked, irritated looking at Jade.

"I...I don't know her. We just met." I stuttered.

"What the f#ck! You don't even know her and you were trying to help her. What are you? A superwoman?" he asked, furiously.

I took a step back nervously.

God! How loud can he be?

"It's not her fault, sir. I asked her to help me." Jade came to my rescue.

"It's okay! By the way, hello, I am Ryan Williams." his friend came in between the extremely furious Chris and Jade and extended his hand for a handshake. We introduced ourselves to him and shook hands with him.

Ryan Williams:

Suddenly, Ryan got a phone call and he excused himself to attend it. He returned after a couple minutes.

"I have already informed the police about this incident. They said that they would find and arrest those goons but it might take the whole night. It won't be safe for you guys to return to your apartments for now. The goons might follow you guys and might attack you." Ryan said.

"What should we do now?" I asked, worriedly.

"Come with me." Chris said without any emotion in his voice or face as he held my wrist and dragged me with him towards the car.

"Come with you? To where?" I asked, confused.

And I will be publishing the second  part of this chapter very soon! Stay tuned!

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 3.8K 33
"Jordan why do you keep doing this to me!" "I didn't do anything!" "Liar." I watched as his hands fly up and down towards my cheek. I jumped up my fa...
2.2K 56 26
♡ Weekly Chapter Releases ♡ My wedding day. The happiest day of my life, right? Wrong. I made it this far so why is it so hard to force these words o...
5.1M 160K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...
55.6K 5.5K 71
He fell in love with the girl he had a one-night stand with. When her true nature revealed, he hated himself for loving her and decided never to see...