As If (Draco Malfoy x Reader)...

By TheLeafyKing

To be honest, if she were given the choice between kissing and killing Draco Malfoy, a Slytherin boy in her y... More

Before We Begin
Prologue: Letters
Chapter the First: Express
Chapter the Second: Slytherin
Chapter the Third: Potions
Chapter the Fourth: Hello
Chapter the 4.5: Home
Chapter the 5.5: Cambry
Chapter 5.55: Response
Chapter the Sixth: Others
Chapter the Seventh: Halloween

Chapter the Fifth: Coincidences

21 1 0
By TheLeafyKing

Weeks passed and Y/n anxiously awaited a second note- preferably one that explained the first one. However, none came. Soon, she forgot all about the first note.

She'd been plenty busy, dividing her time between classes, homework, Hermione and Neville, and Daniel. She only ever saw Daniel in their Potions class together, so she ended up spending most of her time off with him. It seemed, though, that whenever she did hang out with Daniel, Malfoy and his lackeys were never far behind. She was beginning to grow annoyed with it. 

She looked up from the food on her plate at the Slytherin table. Daniel stared down at his plate, picking at his food with his fork. She shifted her gaze. It landed on Malfoy. He was looking at her. When their eyes made contact, he turned his head away and laughed as though the girl sitting next to him- Pansy Parkinson- had just told the most hilarious joke he'd ever heard. Y/n rolled her eyes. Sometimes she wished that her eyes could shoot lasers, like in the Muggle movies. If they could, there would have been twin holes in Malfoy's head. He sure deserved it.

As soon as dinner was over, Y/n and Hermione were out of the Great Hall and on their way to the Gryffindor common room. Once they reached it, they went up to their dormitory. Y/n grabbed her bag from beside her bed- and spilled everything in it.

"Oh, this is absolutely lovely," Y/n commented. She bent over to start picking up her things and Hermione joined her. 

"Y/n?" Hermione said. Y/n looked up at her. She was holding another small envelope just like the one she'd received weeks earlier. She handed it to Y/n.

Y/n tore it open. Inside was a small keychain that looked just like the Superman from the Muggle movies she'd been thinking of before. She held it up and raised her eyebrows. Had whoever had sent the note known what she was thinking about?

No. It was just a freaky coincidence. There was no way they could have known what she was thinking. 

Right?

She looked back into the envelope and pulled out the accompanying note. 

ℌ𝔞𝔳𝔢𝔫'𝔱 𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔤𝔬𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔫 𝔪𝔢, 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲?

Again, that was all that it said. There was no signature or anything; just the words in fancy handwriting. She handed the note and keychain to Hermione, who examined them very closely. Millions of questions spun around her mind. Why was she getting these notes? Were they meant to get her attention? Who was writing them? Would they ever reveal themselves? Or would they just keep their identity a secret?

"This is a Muggle thing," Hermione stated, pulling Y/n out of her bemusement. "Why would they give you this?"

"I don't know."

Parvati and Lavender walked into the room, chatting happily. They stopped when they saw the note and keychain in Hermione's hands. 

"You got another one?" Parvati inquired. Hermione handed the note to Lavender, who read is and then passed it to Parvati. 

"What does it mean, 'Haven't forgotten me?'"Lavender asked. 

"Well, I haven't gotten one for ages," Y/n said, "So I stopped thinking about it. I think this is their way of reminding me that they're still out there... and they haven't forgotten about me."

All of the girls were silent for a moment. Finally, Lavender spoke. 

"Maybe we should try and figure out who it is!" she exclaimed. 

"How would we do that?" Parvati asked, going to sit on her own bed. "There are thousands of people that it could be."

Lavender thought for a moment, then said, "What if we compared the handwriting of the notes to the handwriting of other students?" Hermione immediately shook her head. Y/n knew that she was about to destroy Lavender's suggestion. 

"Nobody actually writes like this, Lavender," Hermione said. "And if they were smart, they'd know to disguise their handwriting so that no one can recognize it- not to mention that Parvati's right. It could be thousands of people, and that's just way too many for us to check."

"Oh," Lavender said. "I suppose you're right."

Parvati's face then lit up. "I have an idea!" she said. All of the other girls looked at her. "What if Y/n left them a note of her own? Think; whoever it is managed to get in here to deliver the note, and they'd likely be very curious if they saw that she left one for them! There's almost no way that they wouldn't pick it up and read it!"

"That... is brilliant, Parvati," Y/n said. Lavender nodded in agreement. 

However, Hermione still seemed a bit skeptical. "We don't know that they'll respond, though."

"They seem really determined to get and keep Y/n's attention," Parvati argued. "I think that if she's really all that important to them, then they'll respond to her."

"You do have a really good point," Hermione conceded. 

"It's settled, then," Y/n declared. "I'm going to write a note for them and ask for answers."

After she had finished most of her homework, Y/n decided to get started on her note. 

𝓓𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓐𝓷𝓸𝓷𝔂𝓶𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓝𝓸𝓽𝓮-𝓢𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻, she started, then crumpled the paper up. It seemed too soft to start the letter with; the notes she received never had "Dear Y/n" written on them. She got out a new piece of parchment. 

𝓦𝓱𝓸𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓻𝓮, she wrote, 

𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝓪𝓷𝓼𝔀𝓮𝓻𝓼, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶 𝓼𝓸𝓸𝓷. 𝓘 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝓯𝓮𝔀 𝓺𝓾𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓪𝓼𝓴 𝔂𝓸𝓾:𝓦𝓱𝓸 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾?𝓦𝓱𝔂 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓻𝓲𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝓮? 𝓗𝓸𝔀 𝓭𝓲𝓭 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝓶𝓮?𝓑𝓮𝓼𝓽,𝓨/𝓷 𝓦𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓵𝓮𝔂

She folded the note up, wrote "To Anonymous Note-Sender" on it, and then placed it on her bedside table. Then she climbed into bed and fell asleep. 

Soon, the first years' first flying lesson came around- and the Gryffindors would be learning with the Slytherins. Most of the other Gryffindors grumbled and groaned about it- especially Ron- but Y/n was delighted that she would be seeing Daniel sooner than she normally would have. 

Y/n, Hermione, and Neville all walked to a large green field near the Forbidden Forest, which Y/n had sworn to herself that she would never, ever enter. Both Hermione and Neville were veru nervous about learning to fly. Hermione had attempted to learn by reading all she could about it, but Y/n had a feeling that that wasn't going to help much. Neville seemed glad to take any advice he could get, though, so he and Hermione chatted about flying tips all the way down. 

The Slytherins were already there, so it didn't take long for Y/n to locate Daniel and drag Hermione and Neville over to him. 

"Hey Daniel," Y/n called. He turned to look at her and smiled. 

"Hey, Y/n," he said as she approached. He glanced at Hermione and Neville. "Who are they?"

Y/n raised her eyebrows. "I haven't introduced you?"

Daniel shook his head. "Not that I can remember." 

"Well shoot. That's weird. This is Hermione Granger, and this is Neville Longbottom." She gestured to each in turn. 

"Nice to meet you both," Daniel said while extending a hand to each of them. "I'm Daniel Johnson." 

"It's a pleasure to meet you, as well," Hermione told him. "Y/n has told me a lot of good things about you."

"Really?" Daniel asked, looking at Y/n. Her face grew the slightest bit warm and she kicked at the ground, averting her eyes. 

"A few, yeah," she replied quietly.

Finally, their teacher, Madam Hooch, arrived. She called them all to stand by a broomstick. 

"Stick out your right hand over your brroom and say 'Up'," she ordered. 

The air filled with the shouts of students. "Up!" Y/n said. Her broomstick rolled over. She scrunched her eyebrows. "Up," she repeated. This time, the broom shot up and she caught it. Pleased with herself, she looked around to see everyone else's progress. 

Harry, Daniel, and Malfoy already had their brooms in their hands. All three looked very proud of themselves. 

Hermione's broom kept rolling over on the ground like Y/n's had on her first try. Neither she or Neville seemed to be able to get their brooms to obey. 

After they all had their brooms up, Madam Hooch instructed them on how to properly mount them. 

Unfortunately, the next part of their training didn't go very smoothly. Neville broke his wrist after kicking off the ground too hard and falling, so Madam Hooch  took him up to the hospital wing- but then Malfoy found Neville's Remembrall and Harry had to chase him up into the air to get it back- and then Professor McGonagall came out and took Harry away and everything was just a huge mess!

"How much d'you wanna bet that Potter's getting expelled?" Malfoy asked smugly. Y/n's eyes narrowed and she opened her mouth.

"Shut it, Malfoy," Daniel said before Y/n could say anything. "If Potter's getting expelled, so are you." 

The smug grin dropped off of Malfoy's face and was replaced by a scowl. "You'd better watch your back, Johnson," he threatened. 

"Or what, you gonna have your cronies stab it for you?" Daniel mocked. Malfoy's face twisted into a snarl. Y/n smirked. 

"Why you-" Malfoy started, but was interrupted by Madam Hooch's return. 

She dismissed all of them for the day, so Y/n, Daniel, and Hermione hung out by the lake together. 

"Daniel?" Y/n began. 

"Yeah?" he responded. 

"There's something strange I wanted to talk to you about," she continued.

"I like strange. What is it?"

"Well... a few days after we got here, I got a note from someone. It just said, 'Hello'. I was wondering, since the note had a daisy in it like the ones I used for your flower crown that day, if it was from you?"

Daniel shook his head. "No, it wasn't me. I got a note just like that. Daisy and all." 

Y/n's heart started to beat faster. "Really?" 

"Yeah." 

She wasn't the only one, then. She certainly didn't know what to do with the information, either. 

"I haven't gotten one since, though," Daniel said. "I'm beginning to wonder if it was just a prank or something." 

Y/n tilted her head. "I got another one. It had a keychain with a Muggle superhero with it." 

"What? Why?" 

Y/n hesitated. "I don't want you to think I'm crazy or anything, but I think it was because I was thinking of the same hero just before I found the note."

Hermione cleared her throat, making Y/n and Daniel jump. "If I may," she began. "How would whoever is sending you this stuff have known what you were thinking?"

"Isn't there magic that allows you to read someone's mind?" Daniel asked. Hermione thought for a second. 

"I believe so, but it's very complicated magic and would take a very skilled witch or wizard to perform." (This is probably a quote from the books at some point but I'm not sure where but DON'T KILL ME FOR USING IT PLEASE)

"But it is possible?" Daniel pressed. Reluctantly, Hermione nodded. "Then that's all we need to know." 

"I really think you two should go tell a teacher about the notes, though," she added. "It's a bit concerning that some random person is sending notes to both of you." 

"Yeah, I suppose you're right," Y/n said. "We'll go later." Daniel nodded. 

Ok, wow. It's been a really long time since I posted the last chapter. I am So. So. Sorry. Please forgive me!

I've been doing a lot of brainstorming lately and coming up with so many good ideas! I really hope that I can make up for how long it's been between chapters. I swear I'll try harder. 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter (it seems really long to me... is it?). Take care, my fellow llamas!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

784K 16.5K 59
"I know you want me Laurier" he whispered, I lifted my head up and glare at him. With every anger I seethed through gritted teeth, "Fuck you Malfoy"...
1.9K 25 17
"The thing you need to understand about Draco Malfoy, is that he was fighting his own war, and he was very good at losing." ** What happens when a Ha...
384K 7.9K 17
Y/n and Draco were best friends up until they were 7 and y/n moved away. Because of there young age they didn't realize that this meant they weren't...
125K 5.3K 55
"You're such a prick! I knew you hadn't really changed. You're just back to your old ways, torturing me." Harry can still feel Draco's hand around hi...