The Queen's service...

Od MissHoll-E-Socks

{Sequel to: 'Can I take you to dinner?} "Miss me, sweets?" ....... "I... I uh, know this is going to sound te... Viac

All ends end with beginnings
Through the eyes of the awake
Frustrations
"Do I know you?"
Crown Jewel of the block
Dr. Gaster will see you now
'Stealing' what was already his
Back to life
Enemy
RESET

Resurfacing from the basin

1.1K 59 123
Od MissHoll-E-Socks

There it was again...

That familiar clench in his soul. He groaned tiredly, staring up crudely at the grimy ceiling of his apartment. He shuffled out from his cocoon of dirty sheets and socks- rubbing the side of his skull as he approached the mirror. He lifted the bottom of his crinkled shirt up curiously, sockets creased in concern- sure enough it was pulsing again. He'd felt it since he resurfaced- since he came to in this new life on the earth— annnnnnddddd he was too lazy to ponder it further. Fixing himself a look in the mirror with a broad grin and a wink- he donned his fluffy slippers along with his fur-lined hoodie as he whistled his way out the door.

"Oh no... my feelings are gonna ketchup to me... Heh. Classic me."

The silk of the gown brushed gently past your arm as Muffet continued to fuss over you, her pincers clicking anxiously as she brushed the material down around your form- flitting sporadically around the room. "It's just a summit-" "-And you don't understand madame! All the world's leaders are up there— waiting to scrutinise your every action- while I am not versed in politics and cannot help you there- I will help you dress accordingly for the occasion of scrutinisation-!! That, I do know!" She whirled away again as you shook your head. You clasped Sans in your clammy grip, tightening as the minutes passed. You were terrified, and he wasn't being as comforting as usually was. Damn it Sans... why can't you be here just this once? Just once... You gripped it again, focusing on the feeling— nothing.

Your face fell abruptly, form trembling. "Oh-! How was the surface last night madame?" You clenched the glass, fear of the surface re-coursing through you- the fear of Papyrus- the fear of being alone, unloved, forgotten... "I..." You began before you exhaled calmly. "It was lovely..." you smiled, clearing your throat. "Um... I'm sorry, can you excuse me?" You apologised before surging towards the bathroom door- bolting it shut before she could respond. You didn't want to hear right now- you didn't want to see- to breathe— you didn't want to be here... you exhaled again, though this time it was shaky with an emotion you couldn't quite place under one defining word, but it tumbled through you all the same. Shaking your hands helplessly with a whine You whirled to the vanity's sink, placing Sans aside to the porcelain top as you plugged the sink, filling it as you clutched the sides, shoulders shaking.

You could do this. You could keep it together. The corner of your gaze caught on the gold that encircled your ring finger. You hadn't ever taken it off. Not once, true to your promise. Ripping away, you stopped the tap, scooping up the water with a desperation, splashing your face. Strands of hair clung to your face in shrewd numbers, your gaze lifted— Your face contorted into a sob. You couldn't do this. "Sans!" You wailed, palms flying to the sides of your head, dampening it. You gripped the basin, chest hauling in a shudder as you continued to cry. You were lonely- surrounded, but incredibly lonely. You threw a glare to the vial, tears slipping as you got on its level as if it were him and not a jar of his— you frowned, baring your teeth.

"Why aren't you here-?! Why aren't you here with me?!!" You seethed, glowering at the glass. "I need you-!" You sobbed dryly, chuckling in a most bitter manner. "I need you and you're not here— when I need you to be overprotective- you're not here! When Papyrus is trying his seedy moves on me— damn it- you're not here-!! When I need you, more- more than anyone else to love me..." you shivered, clutching your sides as the pain of it all swallowed you. Your wet eyes flashed in a coil of anger as you seized the vial- pegging it with all your might at the mirror as if to destroy the very fate you had created— "YOU'RE NOT HERE-!!!!!" You shrieked. The glass crushed against each other, shattering into the waters below, the dust settling at the bottom of the basin- drowning. You watched it all as you collected your breath before your eyes widened.

"No-no no no NO—!!!" You gasped, fear, regret— you didn't have time to label your emotions- you grasped at the wet dust and shards desperately, scooping them together as you muttered worriedly. "I'm sorry-" you whispered, clutching the wet mess to your chest. "Oh Sans, I'm so sorry...!" You cried, cradling it as you repeated your apologies till they were no more than a broken murmur. The glass tinted red, moist with your blood. You couldn't care- you couldn't. How could you? You felt so selfish- your accusations coming to haunt you. You couldn't help yourself- you missed him sorely- but that were no excuse for what you did, no excuse at all...

"Madame??" Muffet called from the other side of the door with a gentle knock. You slowly shuffled over to it, un-latching it with a mournful stare centring on your glass heap. You couldn't look at her. She looked up at you, concerned before tracing your stare with a small gasp. "Oh dear..." was all she uttered before a knock sounded against the door. She was quick to swipe away the shedded glass before your grip closed down on it defensively- protesting. She dabbed your pricked hands with a cloth, the knocking becoming impatient. "Her highness requests but a moment more-!" Muffet called, shuffling being heard from behind the door- most probably Papyrus. You winced. Papyrus. You never thought you'd be so reliant on someone such as him. He was loyal- you'd give him that. She fussed over your face next, blotting away your tears with a carefulness you couldn't be more grateful.

You were about to burst into sob again before she warned you with a warm look. You settled for a sniffle. Adjusting your sleeves with a final tug, concealing the drying blood, she sent you a reassuring smile before ushering you towards the door, donning the crown upon your head. Touching your cheek, a silent pep-talk, she opened the door— "Uhh- Papyrus requests her majesty's presence in the carriage—!" Burgerpants nervously fumbled, wringing his tail. He sweated profusely as you moved past him silently, walking ahead. Normally so expressive, he only stared after you as you walked the hall alone, the doors opening as you made your way to the barrier. You phased through without so much as a wince, plum-hued carriage parked against the side of the street, Papyrus watching you cross over. He helped you in wordlessly before gracefully hefting himself up into the vehicle silently before it took off down the street.

He handed you a file, laying it upon your lap. "I've conducted a brief including the topics of today's summit. I've also gathered information on the other attendants- though you don't have to go through that just yet. Think of it as a summary." You said nothing as the carriage rolled on, his gaze pinned on the untouched file. "Thank you." You rasped finally, albeit hoarsely. Your head turned idly to the window, raw eyes sore in the sun. People flanked the streets- eager to catch a glimpse of the horse-less carriage. "Don't let them bother you. Humans up here are curious little urchins- if you don't wish to interact with them just say the word." Papyrus spoke- a nod to your current state. You didn't turn.

"I'll be fine."

He groaned as he clutched his hoodie, halting in the middle of the pavement. That clenching in his soul again. He was concerned, sure- But he'd cheque it out later. Chuckling at his own joke yet again, he set down the lane way in comfortable slouch towards the bank- he had to cash in! It sure did pay to run a hot dog stand on fifth. "God, I'm on fire today-" he mused, grin stretching as he moved past the cluttered sidewalk.

Today was a good day.

Twenty more to go- he just had to repeat that to himself- twenty more to go. "Twenty more to go..." he panted, reminding himself yet again. He took down two within the span of an hour- leaving little room for down time- keeping him on his figurative toes. He sat slumped against the wall, propped up by a small bone he summoned. This'd all be worth it when he got to see you. When he got to scoop you up into his large arms and never let go- when he got to damn well kiss you again— when he got to fuckin' make you his damn wife properly-!! Another rumble shook the castle as he stood eagerly with you in mind— time to beat his own personal best-!

People had begun to wave at the carriage as it passed, as if you would notice it from your mood. If in any other remotely normal state, you would've waved back- no doubt. But now— you sat in sullen silence. "What grieves you?" Papyrus quizzed from in front of you. Perhaps it were the fact it were so blunt- so simple a question that you cracked, or the fact that Papyrus actually cared- or the probability of both combined. No matter to what it was- it made you cave with a shudder. "I did something horrible..." you shivered, clutching your sides, hugging yourself. Papyrus stared down, crimson gaze set in perplexity. A gloved phalange settled atop of yours in comforting gesture. You turned your head to the window. He wasn't Sans— That-!! T-That was Sans!! You shot up with a gasp at the sight- a sliver of a skull through the crowd.

You tore away from Papyrus with a scream of joy— fumbling for the handle of the carriage. "Majesty-!!" You took off before you could hear the rest, tumbling out of the moving carriage onto the streets in a stream of layered silks. Gasps and exclamations fell deaf on you— Papyrus' especially as he hollered after you from the frame of the open door. You sped towards the retreating figure. "Sans-!" You screamed after him, the thick of the crowd swallowing the sound. It parted as you wrestled your way onward- you caught sight of his before he rounded the corner- oddly clothed in blue. It was then you parted the crowd forcefully with a desperation the likes of which one would chase after a ghost- a chance.

You dashed up the pavement as the path cleared. Empty. A sense of hopelessness washed over you before he caught your sights a couple of paces ahead— on the other side of the street. Of course. You stood on the tips of your toes- craning to catch a glimpse of him— through peak traffic no less. With a grunt you picked up your silks, clenching them as you made a mad dash across the thin space, weaving between cars that honked at you like aggressive geese. You almost smacked into a neighbouring sign as you kept your sights on him, following along- catching up— till he doubled over, clutching his chest. You seized up, afraid to approach him in this state. What happened? Was it you?! Were you hurting Sans?? He stood again with a breath of relief, continuing on as you let out a sigh you had been holding, hands clasped together nervously. You wrung them before following again- this time, you weren't letting go.

Not for anything.

He turned into the building occupying the corner of the street disappearing through the threshold of glass doors. You scuttled after him, gazing up at the building- neon lit with a bricked exterior. But there was no time to dilly-dally with adjectives-! You approached the doors- they had no handles. You stared at them for a moment or two, threatened- as if it were the  equivalent to an algebraic questi— monsters emerged from the door in cahoots, clutching their sides as you pressed your back flush against the column. You slipped in after them before the door could close- you would figure out that mystery later.

Inside, monsters stood in close queues, a line of monsters outfitted in uniform behind the registers, their backs against a luminescent screen. You stared, in another world for a good few seconds before a prick of laughter and howls sounded from the other side of the restaurant. You shimmied through the queue, apologising profusely, jarring apart monsters to see a green flame rubbing it's temples, Sans leaning against the counter. "Dad-! I don't know how Sans' stupid tab works-!!" "It's on the house-!!" A familiar voice calls from the distance. "I don't know how to do that-! Also, his smile's freaking me out!!" There was a long sigh from the back and out shuffled Grillby, not wanting to appear before his best friend in the slightest. "What'll it be Sans?" He huffed, daughter skulking off to man the sundae machine.

"Wellllll-" his voice came, a sound you missed. Baritone, though missing the gruffness that made your hairs stand on end- light-hearted it seemed. You battled against the queue, wanting- needing to get closer, his blue hoodie a beacon that you clawed your way towards before you stood in the small clearing, sandwiched between two lines of queues. His voice didn't even register as you continued to stare at him, making his order. All the time in the world stopped to breathe at that moment, your hand reaching for his jacket sleeve.

.........

"Sans?"

(A.N: Hey! I'm sorry I've been gone for a couple of days- I've been busy and really needed a break from Wattpad ^^ I hope you guys enjoyed this one- I had a lot of fun making it! Please do comment and vote if you feel the need- there's a lot more coming but I can't say what! ;) tune in for the next chapter! See ya'll then! <3)

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

605K 14.7K 34
Diana Featherington is the only child of the younger brother of the Baron Featherington. With the passing of both parents Diana has lived with the Ba...
621K 37.8K 102
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
424K 17.2K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
110K 5.5K 53
(y/n) (l/n) a girl who was born in the modern world who somewhat ends up in the taisho era of demon slayer. Her sassiness and eccentric attitude capt...