An Oni's Mask (Jay Walker x r...

By Inactive235

(Y/n) has been part of the group, Sons of Garmadon, for a while now. But still no one, apart from The Quiet O... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Ending 1
Ending 2
Ending 3

Chapter 6

1.7K 49 42
By Inactive235

I was back in the room that I was staying in, on my computer and browsing the internet.

All of the ninja, except for Nya, had gone to question a suspect that was caught when the Mask of Vengeance was being taken by E.

I mean, I never noticed one of them were missing, but sucks to be him I guess.

I saw Harumi walk in, holding some photos and looking at them.

On one part of the wall in the room we were sharing had a bunch of photos stuck on it of the ninja throughout their time being together I think.

I watched as she looked at the photos with a small smile on her face before it fell as she looked at the next photo.

She pinned them under the photos of the ninja as I saw Nya walk in before picking up a picture of a younger looking Lloyd with an elderly man.

"If you can believe it, that used to be Lord Garmadon." Nya said.

I got another glance at the photo again, this was who Harumi was going to revive? This sweet looking old man?

"Lloyd's father?" She asked.

'Are you blind?' I thought, raising an eyebrow.

"He's made some mistakes but....he's made up for them." Nya explained, walking to the wall of photos.

"I've heard so many storied of him, such anger....he hurt so many people...how did he change?"

I shrugged and went back to my computer, it still was surprising to know that my boss was the princess of Ninjago and it was weird to see her acting so differently than what I was used to.

"Oh Lloyd, you're back!" Harumi cried excitedly, making me look at the door.

As he stood there, the air in the room changed, it was weird.

'Wait he's part Oni right? Since he's a descendant of the First Spinjitzu Master, who is a descendant of my kind....and I can sense whenever another Oni or part-Oni is around.' I thought. 'I was with him before so I probably didn't notice it at first....wait if Lloyd is a descendant of the First Spinjitzu Master, who had two sons who share his blood and then Lloyd came along, he would definitely share my blood.........................................so technically he's my great grandson or something? So why am I part of the Sons of Garmadon? I am basically his badass grandma.'

"Where's Zane and Cole? I need to see everyone." Lloyd said urgently.
"They're following a lead, why? Is everything okay?" Nya replied in concern.

He looked down before looking back up. "The Sons of Garmadon want to bring back by father from the dead."

I heard gasps and faked a gasp along with them, tearing my eyes away from the screen, feeling myself stiffen.

These ninja were smarter than I thought, I thought it would've taken longer to figure out our goal. Though luckily they haven't figured out who is behind the whole operation or that they are right under their nose.

——————

I hurriedly stuffed pillows under my blanket.

Everyone except for Cole and Zane were in the bridge discussing the information Lloyd had uncovered while I lied and said I was going to vibe in my room.

Once the pillows looked like a humanoid shape, I quickly stepped into a shadow and found myself back in my room at the base.

I altered my appearance and grabbed my jacket before walking out to look for either UV or E.

I passed Killow and gave him a simple nod, which he returned, continuing on our way.

I eventually found E as he was walking to where vehicles were parked, putting on his helmet.

"Hey, you guys going anywhere?" I asked.
"Oh, Shifter. Hello. We're going to Laughy's, want to come?" He asked.
"Sure, but I'm gonna hitch a ride with one of you. Also two of the ninja's are following a lead which I overheard was to a hangout place for the group, so keep an eye out for anyone suspicious." I explained.
"Right, I'll keep that in mind, tell UV when we get to the bar." He said as we walked over to his bike. "You can hitch a ride with me."

"Thanks." I said as I climbed on after him, not caring to put on a helmet.

I held on as we zoomed out of the base after UV and weaved through the city to the place we had taken as our own.

A guy had brought it awhile ago and one of the goons had suggested we could take it for ourselves for a better place to wind down...and get new members to sing karaoke.

So we kinda threatened the owner in giving the bar to us for a hangout spot....I helped with intimidating him to do so....but it's ours now so whatever.

I was brought into reality when I felt the bike screech to a stop, making me nearly loose my balance and fall off.

I picked myself up off the ground, shooting a death glare at E before walking over to UV.
"Hey."
"Hey."
"So I heard a couple of the ninja's may have found a lead to this spot and could probably attempt to infiltrate it. So be on the lookout." I warned.
"Heh, will do." She replied as we walked in.

——————

(Meanwhile)

"Our intel has paid off, three high-ranking Sons of Garmadon has just arrived, the one they call Ultra Violet, the mysterious man with the swords and another who attacked us alongside the man with the swords." Zane said from behind a newspaper.

"Good, we're on step closer to finding out who's in charge." Cole said, climbing out of the dumpster next to Zane wearing a hat, fake scar and moustache.
"Huh?"
"It's me Zane, Cole, or should I say my alias? Rocky Dangerbuff."

Zane just stared at him in confusion.

"If we want to infiltrate their gang and gain their trust, they can't know we're ninja." Cole started before taking a trash can lid and shaving cream out of the dumpster. "I can scrounge up a disguise for you."

"A tin trash lid and a can of shaving cream?"
"Don't forget, you have to sell it." Cole reminded him.

"Hmmmm, that won't be necessary." Zane said before pressing a button and changing his appearance to look like an S.O.G member. "But if you want to use the trash lid yourself..."

"No Zane, it's ok." Cole said, throwing the items away. "But you still need a cover, something tough, something that says 'I'm bad'"

"In my estimation, Rocky Dangerbuff is pretty bad." Zane said smirking.
"Ugh, do I have to do everything?! Fine, you're uh...Snake Jaguar." Cole decided.
"Snake Jaguar?...hm...you're always much better at this than I was."

"You ready, Snake Jaguar?"
"I am, Rocky Dangerbuff." Zane replied before they both did 'manly' walks towards the entrance of the bar.

————

I looked out from the area above where the other members were, making sure there were no suspicious people, but so far everything seemed fine. I turned to Ultra Violet and tapped her on the shoulder.

"See anything suspicious?" I asked, and she shook her head.
"Not yet."

I sighed and looked as two people walked in before looking back at the stage where two guys were singing, taking a sip of my drink.

————

Zane and Cole walked into the club and made their way over towards the bar and saw a flustered and tired Dareth serving drinks to members of the S.O.G.

"Dareth? What are you doing here?" Zane asked as he turned around to face him.
"Cole? Cole! You came to visit me!" Dareth said happily, ignoring the drink order he got.

"Aw, is my disguise so much worse than Zane's?" Cole asked no-one-in-particular.
"Zane? Is that you under there? You guys gotta help me, I brought this stink hole hoping to hold onto the glory days when I was fighting side-by-side with you guys." Dareth said, picking up a picture of the ninja with a photo of him stuck in the corner.

"Side-by-side, really?"

"Only now the Sons of Garmadon have moved in and made my place their dive. I can't get them to leave." Dareth continued, ignoring Cole, and placing his hands on the bench. "You gotta help me!"
"We can't, we need to keep our cover to get close, to those three." Cole said, pointing up to where Ultra Violet, Mr E and Shifter were stationed.

Ultra Violet whistled to one of the members and they nodded, throwing the two singers out of the window while the other members cheered.

"You mean Mr E, Shifter and Ultra Violet?" Dareth asked, looking between the two.
"Mr E and Shifter?" Zane and Cole asked in unison.
"Nobody talks to those three because he doesn't talk willingly, they keep their identity hidden and she's off her rocker." Dareth informed them. "But Shifter's the scariest of the three...."

"Well if we can't talk to them, how are we supposed to gain their trust?" Cole asked before getting interrupted by a member in white face paint.
"I said, where's my boba?!" The person yelled.
"Sorry, can't help, gotta go." Dareth said, placing two drinks on the bar before rushing off.

"Alright Snake Jaguar, fire up those processors and tell me how we do this." Cole said to Zane, grabbing one of the glasses.
"I've already ran countless simulations, and out of the 1542 ways this could go...there's only one. But it's complicated, and dangerous." Zane told Cole a little unsure.
"Then it's a good thing my last name is Dangerbuff, lay it on me."

"You have to sing."

Cole choked and spat out his drink.

————

My eyes narrowed as someone stood on the stage and grabbed the microphone, he looked familiar but I couldn't place my finger on it. He tapped it and gained everyone's attention.

He didn't look like a member of the group, maybe some sort of drunk hobo that stumbled in.

"I'm Rocky Dangerbuff and here's something mean to say." He said before grabbing out a coin and throwing it towards the jukebox. It soared through the air and bounced off the coin slot to the floor.
"Song number 159, pronto." He said as someone put the coin in and chose a song.

An annoying, slow merry-go-round like song came on and 'Rocky' stood there a little confused and everyone else looked at him strangely.
"What? Nonononono no no! Not this one! I wanted 159, Creepin Death!" Rocky said while the person just smiled and shrugged.

I narrowed my eyes to get a closer look at him before he started singing.

His singing was horrible, I wouldn't even call it singing, it was so off-key and out of tune.

People started laughing at him, as if trying to humour him...but eventually the crowd was getting annoyed of his singing and started booing him.

Glasses were being thrown in Rocky's direction, which he dodged before starting to dance and jump about onstage.

He slipped over and fell with a grunt as the music stopped, I leaned closer along with UV as he got up.

Something fell off as he stood up revealing Cole minus moustache.

My blood ran cold as I saw him standing there...but I swore Zane was with him as well...

"Hey! He's one of those ninja!" Someone said.

"Grab him!" UV yelled and then the members all charged towards him, which he managed to keep them away with the microphone.

I got up onto the railing and jumped down to the stage and quickly kicked his legs out so he could fall down onto the stage before a couple of the members grabbed him and dragged him off the stage and tied him up.

Wait, if there was one of the ninja here, wouldn't the rest be coming?
"We need to get out of here, the ninja will come!" I yelled to UV.

"The ninja got backup! Get the bosses out of here!" A member said, running into the club
She nodded and hauled Cole onto her shoulder and turned to us.
"We need to splits!" She cried.

I nodded and waved bye to her before running to a shadow and finding myself back in my room at the base.

I changed my appearance back to the one I was using with the ninja and threw off my jacket before shadow warping back to the bounty.

"Oh god! Don't scare me like that!" I heard Harumi cry.
I spun around to see her standing there with her arms crossed.

"Where were you? I had to cover you so the ninja wouldn't get suspicious, you're lucky they're gone now." Harumi hissed.
I looked to the ground. "Sorry, I was just warning the others and ended up staying longer than I thought."

She sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. "Just move your pillows so it doesn't look like there's a creep under there."

I quickly rearranged the pillows so it didn't look like there was a person under the blankets. Before looking at Harumi again.
"So what happened?" She asked.

"Cole was at Laughy's and we caught him...but I was sure Zane was with him, but I didn't see him." I said.
"Well, we'll just have to wait to see where he is once the ninja get back." She said, crossing her arms.

Word count: 2252 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.6K 1.1K 29
[This Book will be in constant editing] Back when Garmadon wasn't evil just yet, He summons a spirit guardian to look after his only son named Lloyd...
2.9K 82 13
When Lloyd, wanted to have a peaceful time in a tea shop, it turns into a mess of turns, that causes many problems with his oni form, but unknown to...
43K 924 30
(Tw- Language) •☆ "I will always love you... No matter what, Lloyd. But promise me that you will protect Ninjago and our friends." "I promise..."☆• ☆...
557 15 6
"Now I have all three Oni masks." "I thought the others were with the Sons of Garmadon," Harumi's suspicions are starting to become reality. All of h...