The Duke of Shadows | Danganr...

By Pongppx

What would happen if the "Tragedy" never happened in the world of Danganronpa but instead the complex of the... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 2 - Welcome to Hope's Peak Pt. 2/2
Chapter 3 New Friends?
Chapter 4 - Incident with the Kuzuryu Clan Pt. 1/2
Chapter 5 - Incident with Kuzuryu Clan Pt. 2/2
Chapter 6 - Shopping Pt. 1/2
Chapter 7 - Shopping Pt. 2/2
Chapter 8 - Date Pt. 1/4
Chapter 9 - Date Pt. 2/4
Chapter 10 - Date Pt. 3/4
Chapter 11 - Date Pt. 4/4
Chapter 12 - The Institute Pt. 1/5
Chapter 13 - The Institute Pt. 2/5
An announcement
Chapter 14 - The Institute Pt. 3/5
Chapter 15 - The Institute Pt. 4/5

Chapter 1 - Welcome to Hope's Peak Pt.1/2

3.4K 48 18
By Pongppx

     Y/n P.O.V

     It's 5 am in the morning, I woke up to see the white roof ceiling in his room, I immediately jumped off his bed and get into my workout jacket to run for an hour, since there is 3 hours left until the entrance ceremony, once I got out of my room, I went to check Nagatsuka room's to make sure her door was locked, I walked downstairs and got out of the house, bringing the house keys with myself, I locked the front door.

     After about 30 minutes of running, I came across Superintendent Takaki's car and looked around, seeing him buying loads of breads for breakfast with his unit, I greeted Takaki and the Takaki greeted in return.

     It was now 6 am in the morning, I decided to head home, I was hoping that Nagatsuka was still asleep, but I was wrong, Nagatsuka was already awake by the time I got home.

Nagatsuka: "Onii-sama, welcome back, I have prepared hot towel and green tea for you in the living room"

Y/n: "Thank you, Nagatsuka" I pats Nagatsuka head, causing her to blush.

Nagatsuka: "Onii-sama.., lemme go prepare breakfast for both of us." After saying so, Nagatsuka quickly go into the kitchen.

     I decided to drink the green tea Nagatsuka prepared before taking shower, I used the hot towel to wash his hands before drinking the green tea.

     After I finished with the green tea, I decided to head into the shower room upstairs to take a shower, soon after I finished, I puts on the Dusk High School uniform and walk downstairs to eat the breakfast Nagatsuka has prepared.

     By the time, both of us finished breakfast, it was 7 am, so I decided to walk Nagatsuka to school, all the way with people gossiping around us...

Unknown female student 1: "Who is that handsome boy, could it be Nagatsuka boyfriend?"

Unknown female student 2: "I am so jealous of Nagatsuka, getting to walk that close to a handsome boy like him, however I haven't seen him in the school before, could it be he's a transfer student?"

Unknown male student 1: "Who's that boy getting to walk that close to our hottie Nagatsuka?"

Unknown male student 2: "Heck do I know, however he looks way too mature for our ages, could it be he's actually Nagatsuka brother?"

     Not to mention, I heard all those gossips all around us, however I decided to not divert my attention to those gossiping, once me and Nagatsuka reached the front gate of the Dusk High School, I waved Nagatsuka a good bye and she waved back.

     I then continued my way towards Hope's Peak Academy, the size of the buildings that Hope's Peak Academy was based at was somewhat huge, students were walking through the gate, I noticed a security of Hope's Peak, in which I quickly identify his appearance, he is a tall, muscular man with an intimidating stature and somewhat, good looking, I guess? He has short dark greenish-grey hair, pink eyes, and tan skin, I decided to ignore him.

     I entered the Academy and head towards the hall where they should be hosting the entrance ceremony, I looked around not seeing so many students, so I just decided to lean against the wall until the ceremony starts, I pulled out my airpod and put it into my left ear, I played two songs killing time.

     Then, I was approached by a short boy who has spiky, desaturated brown hair, and washed-out hazel eyes. He seems to be wearing a zipped-up dull green hoodie with a red stripe along the zipper, an open black jacket with gold buttons over the hoodie, black jeans, and red sneakers with white toes.

???: "Hey, I am Makoto Naegi, wanna become friends? Assuming that you're also from Class 78th."

     Y/n: "Guess it sure doesn't bring problems making friends in the entrance ceremony." I thought to myself.

Y/n: "Hello, I am Y/n L/n, nice to meet you Makoto."

Makoto: "Yeah, nice to meet you too, hey can I ask you a question?"

Y/n: "What's it?"

Makoto: "What's your SHSL talent?"

     I was surprised by that question, since I wasn't expecting to be asked the question this early into this Academy, guess I'll have to lie.

Y/n: "Super High School Level Spy, how about yours?"

Makoto: "Woah, a cool talent you got there, mine is uh, Super High School Level Good Luck."

    " So, he is the one that got in through the lottery huh? Guess he's really lucky then." I thought to myself.

Y/n: "An impressive talent you got there, don't you think?"

Makoto: "Yeah yeah.." 

     "He seems to be a little shy, guess I can't really blame him for that, especially since it's our first day here." I thought to myself.

Makoto P.O.V

     Y/n looks somewhat mysterious, I haven't even seen him smile yet, however it seems like he's not kind of like those cold people who don't interact with others that much, I guess?

    After I and Y/n have talked for some times, the entrance ceremony was starting so I decided to stay with Y/n for the rest of the ceremony.

??? P.O.V

     "Wait, that guy that's with Naegi...could it be.., Y/n!?" ??? thought to herself.

Y/n P.O.V

     Everything in the ceremony went well for now, I am still suspecting that the Scorpions or who ever are still going to do something with this Academy and all the other ones. I was quickly brought back to reality by a hug from the back, I quickly turned to see who it was, when I saw who it was, my eyes widened.

  "Sayaka..?" I thought to myself.

Y/n: "Sayaka? What are you doing?"

Sayaka: "Glad you remember me, Y/n, can't I hug you from the back like when we were kids?

Y/n: "You realize we ain't even kids anymore.. Sayaka"

     I quickly free myself from Sayaka's hug, then just in time, the speech from the Headmaster has just started, another boring one I assume.

Headmaster: "Good day to all new students of Hope's Peak Academy, I am Jin Kirigiri, the Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy"

     I looked around my surroundings, then I noticed a girl, her eyes were the same color as that of the Headmaster, "Could it be a coincidence? No probably not." I thought to myself. I quickly analyze her appearance, She has purple eyes, and a pale complexion. She wears her long lavender hair down with a single braid on her left side, tied with a black ribbon, also those gloves doesn't seems to looks like accessories.

     I continued looking at her and comparing her to the Headmaster, she quickly turns her head to my direction, causing me to quickly turns my head back to the stage to not get suspected of doing something weird, then suddenly, there was an explosion sound outside of the hall, the windows in the hall were broken as there was smoke grenades being thrown inside, then there was a sudden burst from the main doors, three armed insurgents came rushing into the hall, aiming their guns at the student.

     "Here it comes..." I thought to myself, I then started to walk towards the main doors.

Insurgent 1: "HANDS ABOVE YOUR HEADS NOW!"

3rd P.O.V

     Y/n continued walking towards the main doors, the insurgents noticed him by this point and told him to stop, he simply continued walking towards them as if he ignored those words, one of the insurgents would point his gun at Y/n.

Insurgent 2: "Huh, you're bold enough to walk this close with gun pointing at you, kid."

Y/n: "You think so?"

     One of the three insurgents approached Y/n to apprehend him, Y/n quickly responded by disarming the insurgent and throwing him off to the ground, the scene shocked the other two insurgents watching the fight.

     Another one of the insurgent then pulls out his knife and charged towards Y/n, Y/n quickly dodges and grab the insurgent by the back of his neck, causing the insurgent's knife to fall off then he strangles the insurgent's neck until he got knocked out.

     The last insurgent was shocked that two of his friends were defeated by a mere High School student, out of rage, the last insurgent charged at Y/n only to get throw off to the ground by him.

     After all the smoke screen cleared, the whole hall was shocked that Y/n single-handedly took care of all the three insurgents, Makoto and Sayaka rush towards Y/n, asking if he was okay or not.

Makoto: "How did you took care of all those insurgents, that martial art isn't jujutsu for sure.."

Y/n: "It's a military martial art called Krav Maga, the concept is easy, aim for the opponent body most vulnerable points such as the eyes or the neck, do whatever you want to end a fight quickly even if it's the dirtiest of all."

Sayaka: "You are as...cool as ever.. Y/n" She said while she was also blushing for some reasons.

Y/n P.O.V

     After the conversation with Makoto and Sayaka, I quickly rush towards the gate to see the situation outside, but before I left the hall, my right wrist was grabbed by someone. I quickly turned to see who it was, it turned out to be the girl I analyzed for having the same eyes color as the Headmaster, so I stopped running and faced her.

Y/n: "What's it?"

???: "Let me go with you, also my name is Kyoko Kirigiri."

     "Hold on a minute...Kirigiri? Isn't that the same last name as the Headmaster?" I thought to myself, quickly knowing that she was indeed Jin Kirigiri daughter.

Y/n: "My name is Y/n L/n, anyways, why would the Headmaster daughter come with me anyways?"

Kyoko: "I am a detective afterall, are you going to object anyways?"

Y/n: "No, Ma'am." I said in a jokingly tone.

     We both head outside of the hall, in front of us is a corner, we decided to lean against the wall as footsteps can be heard nearby, I signaled Kyoko to wait while I deal with the insurgent, once he passes by the corner, I quickly disarm him and knock him off to the ground, I knocked him out to make sure he won't be a further problem for us.

Y/n: "Looks like insurgents are all over the school, so what do we do next?"

Kyoko: "Isn't it obvious? Call the police."

     "Seems like she didn't notice yet.." I thought to myself

Y/n: "We're under some kind of EMP effect inside the academy, which mean we won't be able to contact outside the Academy until the effect wears off."

Kyoko: "Alright then."

Y/n: "Can you stay here for a moment, I gotta go do something."

     After I finished my words, I quickly slide into a room and locked the door, I pulled my radio out and tried to make contact with Inspector Takaki through the PSIA frequency, surprisingly, the call was able to get through.

Y/n: "This is Duke, units nearby, please respond, emergency call, over."

Takaki: "Duke, this is Hawk, give us a quick situation report, over."

Y/n: "Affirmative Hawk, insurgents are all over the Academy at this point, requesting immediate reinforcements, over."

Takaki: "Roger, Trebor will be giving you advice on what to do, over."

Y/n: "Roger, Duke out."

     As soon as I finish my words, I quickly reset the frequency and put the radio back into my bag, I pull the pistol I prepared out of my bag and hid it in my back under the shirt, as for the knife, I put it into my zip pocket before zipping the pocket up for no one to see it.

     I walked out, only to see Kirigiri leaning against the wall near the door, I immediately knew she eavesdropped me, I pressed her right shoulder against the wall and began to speak up.

Y/n: "Why did you eavesdrop me, Kirigiri?"

Kirigiri: "..."

Kirigiri P.O.V

     Y/n told me to wait here, however my detective sense tells me something suspicious is going to happen, so I decided to follow him quietly, I noticed he slipped into a room and he locked the door, which make things even more suspicious for me, I leaned myself against the wall, eavesdropping to the conversation he's having with god know whoever.

Timeskip to after Y/n conversation with Inspector Takaki

     "So Y/n works for some kind of police organization, which I am pretty sure it isn't the National Police Agency...who is he really?" I thought to myself, then suddenly the door opened and I saw Y/n, he also saw me, I was caught completely by surprise, he then pressed my right shoulder against the wall.

Y/n: "Why did you eavesdrop me, Kirigiri?"

Kirigiri: "Who are you really, Y/n?"

     It seems like my question takes him by surprise too, his right hand that was pressing my shoulder against the wall were losing strength, it weren't even pressing me against the wall anymore.

Y/n: "Trying to evade questions with questions, huh? So can I trust you then?"

Kirigiri: "If I am can't be trusted, I wouldn't be standing here."

Y/n: "I am a Super High School Level Assassin, who I work with is none of your business."

Kirigiri: "I see, since you revealed a secret of yours, I will also reveal a secret of mine"

Y/n: "What?!"

To be continued...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys! I am open to suggestions that your guys might have and this is probably the first chapter of this series (excluding Prologue of course), anyways hope your guys enjoy it, I am hoping to increase this to 3000+ words if possible per chapter, if I am not to tired.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

613 40 38
Around 100 years after the Tragedy, 15 Ultimate Students find themselves in a Killing Game in what seems to be a modified Hope's Academy. Follow Miko...
677 1 41
16 students from 3 different killings game. International Killing Game, Killing School Semester and the Captives Killing Game. With an unknown but fa...
129K 4K 30
"Let me tell you a story that happens in my life... But definitely rarely happens in other people..." She is a former delinquent She makes a huge mis...
5.6K 321 24
15 students, all trapped in a high school and the only way to get out is to murder someone and get away with it. How will it end up? Will they all f...