An iceling in mirkwood ~ thra...

By Rabbit-doll

A beautiful creature with the power over ice, snow and winter is supposed to be extinct, but appears suddenly... More

An iceling in mirkwood ~ thranduil love story
Chapter 2 - helke's discovery
Chapter 3 ~ his past
Chapter 4 ~ midnight adventures
Chapter 5 ~ the kitchen
Chapter 6 ~ the ball
Chapter 7 ~ new feelings and hidden powers
Chapter 8 ~ a turn for the worst
Chapter 9 ~ helke is taken
Chapter 10 ~ betrayal?
Chapter 11 ~ lothlorien
Chapter 12 ~ safe and sound
Chapter 13 ~ like father...like son?!!
AN
Chapter 14 ~ what love feels like
Chapter 15 ~ attack!
Chapter 15 ~ the healing tower
Chapter 16 ~ age is a strange thing
Chapter 17 ~ something is wrong with helke
Chapter 18 ~ a witch's help
Chapter 19 ~ fayla
Chapter 20 ~ helke's awakening
Chapter 21 ~ the white crow
Chapter 22 ~ reunited
Chapter 23 ~ threats and the festival of starlight
Chapter 24 ~ May i have this dance?
Chapter 27 - Snow
Chapter 28 - ringa
Chapter 28 ~ all is well...sort of
Book 2 ~ the begining
Book 2: chapter 1 ~ edge of the forest
Book 2: chapter 3~ the open road
Book 2: chapter 4~ maybe...he's not so bad?
Book 2: chapter 5~ fire
Book 2: chapter 6 ~ traitor
Book 2: chapter 7- exucution and budding romance
Book 2: chapter 8~ the bear
Book 2: chapter 9 ~ years of pain
Book 2: chater 10 ~ the search continues
Book 2: Chapter 11 ~ the lost and found
Book 2: chapter 12 ~ the lost and found part 2
Book 2: chapter 12 ~ Thranduil and Luca meet
Book 2: chapter 12 ~ the painful truth
Book 2: chapter 13 ~ celebration
Book 2: chapter 14 ~ the final chapter
AN
AUTHOR UPDATE

Book 2: chapter 2 ~ luca

4.2K 99 20
By Rabbit-doll

He was tall, maybe 4 inches shorted then thranduil with long legs and a strong chest. He was youthful in appearance, looking around 25 but in years was 1400 years old. His name was Luca and he was half ilceler. Through lands he was known as the miracle child as icelings were supposedly unable to convince. Yet his mother had been the only iceling in history that had bore a child through her own body. He had a mix of blue and milky white eyes with shoulder length white hair and a black stripe going through part of the left side. (Think viserys from GOT but with a black streak) He was dressed in a white tunic with dark trousers, long laced up boots and a heavy fur lined coat. He could control ice but that did not mean he did not feel it. When performing ice-sorcery he wore gloves to protect his hands. Around his neck where two necklace, one a feather that represented good luck, the other a semi precious stone. Various leather and cotton bracelets adorned his wrists, each one made by his people and given to him as gifts. Strapped to his hip was a gleaming silver sword which had been given to him by his father before he had passed Away.
He looked round when amalda came within ear shot of him. He stared at her for a few seconds then his eyes shifted to helke's body. He to was waiting with a horse, only his was a shire horse and was much bigger then Amanda's.
"You are amalda?" He asked. He even sounded young. Amalda could only nod, under the spell of his beautiful eyes. "Let me see her" Luca demanded, gesturing to helke's body with his head. Amalda carefully slipped helke from the saddle and Luca studied her.
"Definitely and iceling...no denying that" Luca muttered to himself. "How much?" He asked. Was amalda really going to do this? Sell helke off like a piece of meat or jewellery. Sure she didn't like her but this...
"Just take her" amalda replied weakly and Luca chuckled. He lifted helke onto his saddle with ease. Before leaving he slipped a small, pale blue stone into Amanda's hands as payment, nodded then lead his horse away from her. What had she just done?
Luca whistled a tune from his childhood as he lead his prize through the trees and streams of a different forest towards his campsite. He was a king of some description. A king a gypsies and traveller, outcasts and no mans. He was rich and lived with his people. They all owned old wooden caravans (his being the largest) and traveled around, selling and trading things that they made.
Luca lead his horse through the camp quietly then un-tacked him and allowed him to gaze with his other horse. He took helke in his arms and opened the door to his caravan with his back. He lit and oil lamp and a few candles and the room was suddenly illuminated. His whole life was in this room. Strange objects such as rocks, feather, coins and bottle Hanging from the ceiling and walls. On the floor were piles of blankets and pillows making a rather comfortable make shift bed which he would back up in the morning. All his belongings fit into two medium sized square baskets which included his bow and arrow, clothes and valuables.
He lay helke down under some red silk sheets and placed her head in the pillows. He opened up a small Wicca basket at the corner of the room and took out a tin that fit in his palm. He dug through the variety of it's content until he found what he was looking for. He carefully pulled out a large bracelet, meant to be worn around the ankle. Coins adorned the silver chain and on each coin an imprint....witchcraft.
"I am sorry. But I do not want you hurting any of my people, or yourself" he muttered as he fastened the bracelet and it locked together magically, only he could take it off. On the same ankle he attached a magic, thin silver chain he had bought long ago in a market. If it was cut, it was bind together again." or escaping" he added.
He went over to a cupboard on the wall and pulled out his pipe and tobacco. He struck a match and lit the tobacco resting in the pipe. His caravan was filled with a smokey liquorice as he smoked his pipe.
He was a good king to the gyspsy. Saw each and everyone was healthy and had enough to eat and often went out hunting to bring back meat. He thought that sitting on a throne, not actually living with you people was a selfish way to rule. But, like everyone he had his flaws. He was slightly greedy, with a love of precious (and often jewell encrusted) things. And unfortunately for helke she fell into his category of 'precious'. He stood up and went to check outside on his horses. Seabous and kealoma came trotting up to their master, yearning for attention. "Hello you two" he chuckled, scratching and patting each one's neck. It was still dark out and the grass was cold and damp as it bent back underneath his boots.
"We have a new member, so welcome her...." He was about to say warmly but thought the word to be too ironic "nicely" he finished and chuckled as kealoma whipped his tail and trotted off to drink from the river nearby.
"Get to sleep, we have a long day a head of us tomorow" sighed Luca and tipped out the burnt tobacco in his pipe and put it out with his foot. He climbed back into his caravan and put the internal latch down to keep the door locked. He pried off his boots and stripped until he was in just trousers and lay down next to helke. He fell under her spell for a few second before turning away from her and falling asleep quickly.

Pronunciations:
Luca- loo-sha
Seabous- see-bus
Kealoma- key-low-ma

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

424K 18.7K 57
WATTYS SHORTLIST 2018 The heart desires the unreachable. A rare creature born of Middle Earth must undo the damage of her predecessor, who helped for...
11.7K 257 61
(I AM CURRENTLY EDETING THIS STORY TO BE WRITEN MORE LIKE A BOOK, AND NOT SO MUCH AS A SCRIPT😅 HOPEFULLY THE NEW AND IMPROVED STORY WILL BE OUT MAY...
476K 25.8K 52
[A Wattpad FEATURED story!] She's been King Thranduil's close friend for a long time. But when a shocking rumor about his past comes to light, it sha...
690 41 19
When a darkness spreads across Mirkwood, a mighty elven kingdom is robbed from its bliss. A once vibrant people hides behind the walls of their kingd...